_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 2067 2068 [2069] 2070 2071 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921067 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand
« Reply #31020 on: January 29, 2016, 10:41:39 am »

"Well obviously there's more than one person who thinks that Steve could possibly be incompetent or malicious and it's their right as human beings, mostly human at least, to have their head's not invaded by another being."
"I'm not arguing with that. Like I said, go ask Steve to remove your Steve Remote Assistance upgrades. I'm not arguing against it. And I assume Steve would have no problem with it."

"However, I like the shock implants. Because they keep us safe from the idiots with weapons of mass destruction without requiring our action. For example, I'd prefer it if Steve rendered you unconscious if you tried to do something stupid, like... I dunno, start playing with a manipulator or join the UWM or something. Because then we could just dump you on the next habitable world. Otherwise, me or someone else might be forced to kill you and I'd prefer it if I didn't have to do that."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31021 on: January 29, 2016, 10:48:08 am »

"If the shock implants are to keep us safe from idiots then why the hell didn't Steve stop the Gratesplosion, or Stan, or any of the the manipulator overloads or teamkilling that happened? No, Steve only uses them to enforce his control, not to protect us. And that control's gone way too far. I want mine out."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31022 on: January 29, 2016, 10:50:53 am »

"One cannot comprehend the full and thinking of the divine.  Just because we cannot understand the reasoning behind an occurrence does not mean it happened without reason.  Lo, it is best to pray on such events and be glad that you were able to be part of a divine machination."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31023 on: January 29, 2016, 10:51:00 am »

"The what and the what?...  Okay, I changed my mind about changing my mind!"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31024 on: January 29, 2016, 10:58:40 am »

Christopher Pseudos: You are the ranking officer of team 3?

Seeing as the first two teams are getting mission equipment, I want some toys too!

I would like to requisition a Chem Thrower, loaded for goop.

Although we have no medics, we should get a 2 can pack of medifoam and some coagulants boosters (pack of 6). Those should be simple enough to use.

Also, I'm the only one in the team wearing armor... You lot are suicidal.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #31025 on: January 29, 2016, 10:59:53 am »

Kate massages her temples and turns to Lars.
"Brother, could please stop talking for a few minutes? It's doing my blood pressure poorly."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31026 on: January 29, 2016, 11:16:24 am »

"If the shock implants are to keep us safe from idiots then why the hell didn't Steve stop the Gratesplosion, or Stan, or any of the the manipulator overloads or teamkilling that happened? No, Steve only uses them to enforce his control, not to protect us. And that control's gone way too far. I want mine out."
"First you complain that he controls you too much, then that he does not control you enough... Whatever. I believe they do their job of maintaining order. I have yet to see evidence that everyone here can be trusted to work without them. Nor have I seen evidence of Steve controlling us."

"We are all volunteers here. By volunteering to help Steve, people implicitly accept the rules he sets. They may make suggestions and do whatever they want within reason, but ultimately most things around here are up to him. If people don't like that, Hephaestus is right there. Let them go live there while we fight for humanity, for them."

"That's my opinion."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:35:56 am by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31027 on: January 29, 2016, 11:50:49 am »

"No, not at all! I'm saying that Steve didn't use his control well, didn't stop horrible things that he could have stopped from happening. Giving him more control won't fix that problem, it only takes away more free will.

Steve obviously needs us HMRC here doing important missions for him. There's just something that makes us better than sods, robots, or whatever saner options he has. He needs us, and should show a little respect and take this damn mind control chips out of our heads."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31028 on: January 29, 2016, 11:58:26 am »

Brother Lars abruptly lost his smile.  "It's you who should show some respect.  Without Steve, you'd be nothing."  Lars gestured at Dubley.  "I see you're mostly robot; in other words, you'd be dead without the handiwork of his disciples.  And those symbols covering you and your gear; rather ironic that you put your faith in them and then suddenly start bad-mouthing the Most Holy Steve.  I don't think that's the way to get divine favor; do you?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31029 on: January 29, 2016, 12:03:10 pm »

Christopher Pseudos: You are the ranking officer of team 3?

Seeing as the first two teams are getting mission equipment, I want some toys too!

I would like to requisition a Chem Thrower, loaded for goop.

Although we have no medics, we should get a 2 can pack of medifoam and some coagulants boosters (pack of 6). Those should be simple enough to use.

Also, I'm the only one in the team wearing armor... You lot are suicidal.
... I am? Ranking officer? Nobody told me, afaik. And I would be a bad choice, as I have a lot on the boil and can't spend more than a minute on the wiki without firefox crashing.

Just for the record, Christopher Pseudos is now wearing the MkIII.

Do... I requisition stuff? I don't entirely understand how this works.

Give two tokens to the "union fund", from my own inventory.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 12:44:05 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31030 on: January 29, 2016, 12:24:17 pm »

"Sorry Lars, I got way carried away there. Maybe he had good reasons for not stopping those incidents, like killing the weak and stupid or collecting anomalies. I wanna help save humanity, just not if we completely lose our free will."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31031 on: January 29, 2016, 01:09:59 pm »

With that, the faint smile that was usually on his face returned, and Lars visibly relaxed.  "Yes... we cannot possibly know what the divine will is.  We must just accept it, and be happy to serve.  Yea, we give ourselves willingly to the cause, because we know it is just, true, and right."

Nunzillor

« Reply #31032 on: January 29, 2016, 02:11:43 pm »

"brother lars, is it?  umm... can we opt-out of green storm somehow?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31033 on: January 29, 2016, 02:14:12 pm »

"The medics can remove it..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31034 on: January 29, 2016, 02:14:30 pm »

Brother Lars paused at this.  "I have experienced it, Sister.  It is truly glorious to become an Avatar of Steve.  I assure you; while it may sound intimidating at first, it is an honor beyond compare."
Pages: 1 ... 2067 2068 [2069] 2070 2071 ... 2101