_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 2066 2067 [2068] 2069 2070 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921318 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand
« Reply #31005 on: January 28, 2016, 10:49:06 pm »

Oh, one thing I forgot should have done a while ago.

Are there dummy gauss rounds I can test fire to test out this fancy new gun with? I want to A make sure it won't blow up when I try to shoot it, and B see how powerful/accurate/unwieldy it is.

If there are dummy rounds I give it a good few test shots, if there aren't I shoot one round to try it out.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #31006 on: January 28, 2016, 10:50:19 pm »

- double post, sorry-
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31007 on: January 29, 2016, 12:58:52 am »

Christopher tosses Maurice the burlap sack with the orb in it, stumbles under the weight of the helmet and twitchblade and nyartifact, and hurries off to the armoury. He sells the battlesuit, for eight tokens (this should be right), then gives three tokens each to [Nunzillor] and Sir Jackson, before purchasing an MK-III suit. He sells his MK-I if possible, dumps it in the union room for whoever wants to use it if not.

((It's a Mk III helmet indeed, redeemable for the whole suit per "Feyri clause". No need to sell/buy anything. I'll go and wiki the matter.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nunzillor

« Reply #31008 on: January 29, 2016, 01:39:52 am »

Brother Lars, seeing the confusion on the faces a few soldiers, raises his arms.  "Now, now, troopers, the will of Steve is mighty, but good.  Such things are only for the greater good; surely fulfilling the will of the divine is worthy of a small discomfort?"
Pneuma's eyes widened.  She felt at the back of her head, trying to find the implant's scar.  "no.  i don't like this...  i never agreed to submit to mind control!"

((Excuse me, have you forgotten what the Nyars artifact Spooky Garrow does?  If so, could you please generate a new effect for it?))

In any case, ask the medics to remove my implant!  once is enough
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:59:43 am by Nunzillor »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #31009 on: January 29, 2016, 02:33:12 am »

"The divine are always with us, regardless of any implants."
Kate who's been ready for the jump for a while speaks up.
"Then it's no problem for the Ex-HMRC to get them removed isn't it."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31010 on: January 29, 2016, 08:14:56 am »

"Come now friends. While I understand your concerns, I don't think having your head split open and searched by a 500 year old tin can is the solution. You might as well use a kitchen knife. I mean, why the rush anyway? If Steve wanted to mind control you, if he wanted you to be his slaves, I'm quite certain he could have done so. And he certainly wouldn't have told us about it.

I understand that feeling like you have no control over your life can be scary, but don't let your emotions make you do something you might regret. Steve is a good guy. He cares about you. He gave you this because he wanted to help you. And it did help some of us. Even if you consider what he did wrong, then the least you can do is ask him about it and request his help removing the modifications, instead of risking cutting it out yourselves. I'm certain that Steve would prefer to keep the people who volunteered to help him alive and well instead of risking losing good soldiers and good people, one way or another (one way being death, the other being retiring to Hephaestus)."

"After all, the gods may answer us if we pray to them. They may give us what we pray for. Right friend?"

Flint directed that last bit at Lars, hoping to direct him to a conclusion different than 'Flint thinks Steve is wrong, burn the heretic!'
Got to keep things balanced... Is it just me? Were things always like that? Or is everyone getting more... unbalanced? Must be stress.

Hope Steve hears what I'm saying and gets the hint. The hint being to agree to remove the control part of the implant from those who do not want it, which will allow him to keep the shock part in. Or, you know, at least direct people to retire to Hepahestus where their implant will be removed instead of performing dangerous brain surgery on themselves. I understand that this is a complicated situation with both IC and OOC concerns, but that's what I'd do IC.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 09:10:37 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31011 on: January 29, 2016, 08:50:52 am »

Brother Lars nodded.  "Brother Flint speaks words of wisdom, brothers and sisters of Steve.  It is a time of great strife and tribulation- untold countless numbers of lives are in danger from this extradimensional evil threat.  Are we not obliged to do all that we can to save as many as possible?  Would you leave fellow humanity out there to die because something inconvenienced you?  We can't save everyone; but we are obliged to save as many as possible."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31012 on: January 29, 2016, 08:57:45 am »

"Still don't like it..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31013 on: January 29, 2016, 09:48:49 am »

Kate is unmoved.
"Cut the bullshit. Steve didn't give them it, it's the last piece of UWM control over them and it should be destroyed in it's entirety."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31014 on: January 29, 2016, 10:00:56 am »

"Still don't like it..."
"I'm not saying you have to like it. I'm just saying don't go digging inside your brain when you can convince trained medical professionals to do it for you. That seems pretty reasonable to me."

Kate is unmoved.
"Cut the bullshit. Steve didn't give them it, it's the last piece of UWM control over them and it should be destroyed in it's entirety."
"That sounds unlikely. Why are you coming to that conclusion?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31015 on: January 29, 2016, 10:07:32 am »

Kate rolls her eyes.
"You don't know your own story? This ship used to be a hazardous materials ship before you guys revolted, and as is standard for them, all the prisoners on board had a shock implant put in by the UWM. They tell us that back in Neo-Texas to scare you into behaving, which wasn't nearly as effective after the revolt."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31016 on: January 29, 2016, 10:12:38 am »

Brother Lars shook his head.  "Ah, Sister, but the Most High Steve has been in command here for generations.  It has been a long time since the UWM had any real authority here."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31017 on: January 29, 2016, 10:24:46 am »

"Ah, you're talking about the shock implant. I thought you were talking about the Remote Assistance upgrade thingy they did to it, the one Miyamoto was talking about."

"I don't see anything wrong with the shock implant. You know that stasis dementia is a thing. Plus people sometimes panic and act irrationally. Or are just being dicks. In those sorts of situations, it's nice to have a way for Steve to protect the rest of us."

"And after the generals misused that ability, Steve has decreed that only he will decide who should be shocked, so that there will be no misuse. The only way for a general to shock someone else is if that someone else volunteers control of his shock implant to said general. And I'm perfectly fine with Steve being the only one who can shock people. As I've said, he's a good guy and certainly more capable than some people around here. I'm perfectly happy with his protection."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31018 on: January 29, 2016, 10:28:12 am »

"Blessed be the will of Steve!"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31019 on: January 29, 2016, 10:34:01 am »

"Well obviously there's more than one person who thinks that Steve could possibly be incompetent or malicious and it's their right as human beings, mostly human at least, to have their head's not invaded by another being."
Pages: 1 ... 2066 2067 [2068] 2069 2070 ... 2101