_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 2017 2018 [2019] 2020 2021 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921629 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #30270 on: December 11, 2015, 03:44:20 pm »

I interrupt Arty with a "mrow." when he says human with cat traits.
"I see... maybe at least one too many cat traits, then... You'd like your voice back, I imagine? I'm not very knowledgeable with gene mods, but I'll look for your file and see if I can help you anyway. At worst, we could adapt an electrolarynx to read your voicebox."
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30271 on: December 11, 2015, 03:49:24 pm »

I shake my head from side to side.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30272 on: December 11, 2015, 03:54:04 pm »

"Well, it was inevitable I suppose. Damn godlike xenos ruining everything good in this universe."
After looking through the armory's wares, he decides to purchase a pimp cane.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30273 on: December 11, 2015, 03:57:06 pm »

I shake my head from side to side.

"No? You don't want your  voice back? Well, I guess that there really are several kinds of happiness... Can you at least write, I'd like to know your name", asks Arty with a smile.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30274 on: December 11, 2015, 03:57:50 pm »

Mycroft exists somewhere on the Sword.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30275 on: December 11, 2015, 04:22:34 pm »

I sit and begin tapping on my wrist-comp
Quote from: Lyra to Arty
Lyra
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30276 on: December 11, 2015, 05:30:06 pm »

"Lyra, that's a pretty name... You know, a lyra, or lyre, was an antique musical instrument; maybe your parents wanted your voice to be melodious.
Well, never mind, you already said you don't want it back, so who am I to press for it?

Anyway, I just got a copy for a medical program, but apparently it's not able to gather data from everybody, only from advanced suits. I'm thinking on seeing if there's anything I can do to fix that, maybe a simple standalone biotelemetry suite or something... I'm sorry, I digress. Is there anything else I can do for you?"
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:43:42 pm by Maegil »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30277 on: December 11, 2015, 05:43:32 pm »

Mycroft shows up at medbay as Arty starts discussing biotelemetry.
"Sounds like you need a programmer?

Or Steve.

Probably Steve.

Darn, I was hoping I'd get to do something."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30278 on: December 11, 2015, 06:06:09 pm »

"A programmer? I thank you for the interest, but I don't think there's much programming to be done: I might be able to rig a few sensors and a transmitter together by myself, and there's already a medical monitoring program.

By the way, I'm Dr. Arty, I'm new here.

Who's Steve?"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30279 on: December 11, 2015, 06:11:32 pm »

((Note for the program: There is next to no data to be gathered from MCP-I suits, unfortunately, and I wouldn't call MCP-II that far "advanced" (as in a synonym to "expensive" and "limited"), not at 3 tokens. However, the same program should also be able to gather medical ("structural" as well?) data from prosthetic bodies, including the basic "free" robotic ones.

I am not sure if medical sensors could be realistically acquired more cost-effectively (they already make up practically all the MCP-II cost, up to the point where every other feature (inc. the irises) that was added afterwards did not affect the final price - it was "absorbed" by 3-token cost), but now that functionality is out in the open OOCly (and maybe even ICly), I'd suggest asking Steve for access to the medical data feed produced by the implants. Anyway, good luck with advancing medi-tech! :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30280 on: December 11, 2015, 06:15:38 pm »

"Steve is our great god-emperor the AI.

I see.

Oh well."
Sigtext

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30281 on: December 11, 2015, 06:26:04 pm »

((Note for the program: There is next to no data to be gathered from MCP-I suits, unfortunately, and I wouldn't call MCP-II that far "advanced" (as in a synonym to "expensive" and "limited"), not at 3 tokens. However, the same program should also be able to gather medical ("structural" as well?) data from prosthetic bodies, including the basic "free" robotic ones.

I am not sure if medical sensors could be realistically acquired more cost-effectively (they already make up practically all the MCP-II cost, up to the point where every other feature (inc. the irises) that was added afterwards did not affect the final price - it was "absorbed" by 3-token cost), but now that functionality is out in the open OOCly (and maybe even ICly), I'd suggest asking Steve for access to the medical data feed produced by the implants. Anyway, good luck with advancing medi-tech! :) ))

((The thing is, it's not only the MPC-I users, there's also the sharkskin/defender coat users, and possibly others without medical monitoring systems. I was thinking of a simple pack of heart and breathing rates, temperature, blood pressure, and at most an oxygen saturation IR, all connected to a small transmitter. Of course, a neck iris could be helpful, but I see that's probably too expensive.))

"Steve is our great god-emperor the AI.

I see.

Oh well."

"A god-emperor AI!? Certainly you jest?"
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:37:02 pm by Maegil »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30282 on: December 11, 2015, 06:58:19 pm »

"God-emperor, yeah, that was a joke.
He does run the place though."
Sigtext

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30283 on: December 11, 2015, 07:27:49 pm »

"Oh, thank goodness," Arty winked mischievously, "It'd be upsetting to have to join a revolution to overthrow the revolution."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30284 on: December 11, 2015, 07:59:58 pm »

send request for duel to other person using vr.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 2017 2018 [2019] 2020 2021 ... 2101