_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1993 1994 [1995] 1996 1997 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922487 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #29910 on: October 13, 2015, 03:13:10 am »

I've been thinking we should get the players on heph out of there, yeah. THe reason for the current lack of posts is the fact that It seemed unmoving since the whole freezing thing.
Well, I have still been posting there, though I can see why you wouldn't want to be doing posts for just 1 guy. A question I have though, is what kind of Hep would be one that you actually like doing? One with more events? The 'tinker: extended edition' it is now? One with more up-and-close testing, like the teleporter gun debacle? And what about mostly-background stuff like the ordering of factories and production and stuff, is that annoying or not?

We have several options really. We could get people off of Hep and make it a purely background thing. We could 'automate' things like factory building and (most) artifact testing and weapons/systems development, but leave the option for people to do things on Hep. The idea would be then that you can just decide what to give us from time to time based on the stuff we bring back, but if people want they can do stuff manually and get things out there faster. So it'd be an 'optional' thing. 

How would that work? You'd need a pretty complex mechanism, me thinks.
I dunno, but imagine two knives right next to each other, and when one can't push through, a sensor registrates it, the first knife slides back somewhat so the second knife can slide in and start cutting.

It might, assuming the forcefield material can survive being moved around like that.
... So, can it? You would have a lot of small forcefields with their projectors sitting on the moving part, where they can be cushioned a bit from the shock of the weapon hitting something.

We can always make the forcefield out of a bit more sturdy materials, since that won't influence the sharpness, just the amount of stress it can handle before failing.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29911 on: October 14, 2015, 12:32:06 am »

Fall over off the leg press and puke...alot
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29912 on: October 14, 2015, 01:37:32 am »

"Thanks Flint you're alright" Abigail turns around and starts sprinting.
((fixed the section that Lyra could see, removed the rest.))
I watch the odd girl with breathing problems sprint away and reaffirm my decision to not let her touch me, and watch Flint get dragged off to go on his mission, and everyone else scatter.
I then head over to the VR, and Input the situation with the AoP from Lyra's last mission, as of the moment we first got sight of the thing, and pause. watching what happened as best as the VR can reconstruct, from the view of an outside observer. I stop at the moment the team escapes up the elevator shaft. I then go back to the same start point, but put myself in my own position from then, and set the simulation to slow-mo for everyone, so that I percieve what's happening in slow motion but my actions aren't super-fast relative to everyone else. I then see if, assuming that everyone else in the party ran away, and that I dodged everything perfectly, I could theoredically use my mass-manip amp over and over to exhaust the AoP's automanips, or my microwave amp to do the same, and in those cases, just how many times I'd need to successfully attack before the automanips would be exhausted. I'd then reset again, same conditions, and attempt indirectly battering it with surrounding debris. I'd also attempt redirecting its crowdwire system into harming itself. and attempt hitting it with its own club. then another reset and attempt freezing the entire area around the AoP to hold it.

basically, I'd be seeing if, assuming I performed everything perfectly, I'd even have a chance of taking this thing down with what I had for that mission.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29913 on: October 14, 2015, 07:09:25 am »

((I hope I don't get missed after these walls of bolded text.))

Yes, I'm sure I want to drink the potion. It's Potion #6, to clarify. Think I might have accidentally said 7 earlier, but I drank that one back on M18. Also, near the Shackle and HEP Pyramid when I drink it.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29914 on: October 15, 2015, 07:59:42 am »

Examine my limiters
They're metal bands on your arms, with small white nodes sticking out of them.

"I'm starting to see a pattern here."
Keep testing the gun.
#0. See if this does anything.
#1.
#2.
#3.

There is no zero.
1 fires a sort of shockwave or blast of physical force
2 Seems to fire a wider shot then normal
3 fires a shot that explodes.

"Mm... eight rooms? Fascinating."

Head over to the theater and take a gander at what's happening on the missions. See if they've got reception for Mission 23 or 21. If not, settle for 24.
Lets see here...Well the guys on 23 aren't even wearing suits. And good luck getting reception for their signals several miles under concrete and steel. And 21 is about to die so far away from us that it would take hundreds of years for their feed to reach us. You'll have to settle for the heph'ers.

(I knew fate would be useful!!!)
hmmm it's not bad definitely not poison....unless he completely failed meh im gonna leave and buy some medical supplies with these tokens Thanks flint your alright Abigail will turn around and start sprinting to the armory master Armory master! I-Id like to buy some medical equipmentStart yelling in the armory masters direction that i want to buy medical equipment 

(Edit Flints action was removed nevermind my worry still gonna do above action)
That was actually an end roll you lucked the fuck out on.

Hooray, legs!

Get my Gauss Rifle from my room, then go to the Armory and buy a Repeating Gauss Rifle. Inquire about Gravity Shells.
wiki

Grav shells...I forget if I gave price for them before but they're gonna be like 1-2 tokens a pop.

Glory be to Steve.  "I love you, Steve!"

Head to the Chapel.  Bask in the glory of the holy statues and artifacts.  Pray and reflect.  Has anyone been in there at all?  Descriptions are cool.

And yes, I know I designed it; don't think everyone else saw that
You head over to the chapel and bask in the glory of your own work.

It's pretty good. Pretty good you think. Probably should put some pants on.

I've been thinking we should get the players on heph out of there, yeah. THe reason for the current lack of posts is the fact that It seemed unmoving since the whole freezing thing.
Well, I have still been posting there, though I can see why you wouldn't want to be doing posts for just 1 guy. A question I have though, is what kind of Hep would be one that you actually like doing? One with more events? The 'tinker: extended edition' it is now? One with more up-and-close testing, like the teleporter gun debacle? And what about mostly-background stuff like the ordering of factories and production and stuff, is that annoying or not?

We have several options really. We could get people off of Hep and make it a purely background thing. We could 'automate' things like factory building and (most) artifact testing and weapons/systems development, but leave the option for people to do things on Hep. The idea would be then that you can just decide what to give us from time to time based on the stuff we bring back, but if people want they can do stuff manually and get things out there faster. So it'd be an 'optional' thing. 

How would that work? You'd need a pretty complex mechanism, me thinks.
I dunno, but imagine two knives right next to each other, and when one can't push through, a sensor registrates it, the first knife slides back somewhat so the second knife can slide in and start cutting.

It might, assuming the forcefield material can survive being moved around like that.
... So, can it? You would have a lot of small forcefields with their projectors sitting on the moving part, where they can be cushioned a bit from the shock of the weapon hitting something.

We can always make the forcefield out of a bit more sturdy materials, since that won't influence the sharpness, just the amount of stress it can handle before failing.

My major idea was that it would be people doing experiments. But they very rarely do fun experiments. They just yell increasingly granular questions at the universe.  Sean had the right idea with his testing that involved explosions, but it's really hard to insert any sort of mad science fun when you guys just throw 10 item bulleted lists at me every time.

ehhhhh. If you have them right next to each other the slower cutting of the monorazor will prevent you from cleaving well with the force field. Your best bet is probably a double sided weapon with one kind on one side and another on the other, so you can choose the best for the situation.

The problem again is that for you to have a good, strong forcefield the projector material needs to be very weak. So I doubt it will survive high speed vibration.

Fall over off the leg press and puke...alot
You puke an alot.

"Thanks Flint you're alright" Abigail turns around and starts sprinting.
((fixed the section that Lyra could see, removed the rest.))
I watch the odd girl with breathing problems sprint away and reaffirm my decision to not let her touch me, and watch Flint get dragged off to go on his mission, and everyone else scatter.
I then head over to the VR, and Input the situation with the AoP from Lyra's last mission, as of the moment we first got sight of the thing, and pause. watching what happened as best as the VR can reconstruct, from the view of an outside observer. I stop at the moment the team escapes up the elevator shaft. I then go back to the same start point, but put myself in my own position from then, and set the simulation to slow-mo for everyone, so that I percieve what's happening in slow motion but my actions aren't super-fast relative to everyone else. I then see if, assuming that everyone else in the party ran away, and that I dodged everything perfectly, I could theoredically use my mass-manip amp over and over to exhaust the AoP's automanips, or my microwave amp to do the same, and in those cases, just how many times I'd need to successfully attack before the automanips would be exhausted. I'd then reset again, same conditions, and attempt indirectly battering it with surrounding debris. I'd also attempt redirecting its crowdwire system into harming itself. and attempt hitting it with its own club. then another reset and attempt freezing the entire area around the AoP to hold it.

basically, I'd be seeing if, assuming I performed everything perfectly, I'd even have a chance of taking this thing down with what I had for that mission.

Well, the sim doesn't know how many uses the Arbiter's automanips have, but I'll just tell you that yes, you can over power them if you hit them enough.

The other things you could try but I highly doubt you could manage them.

((I hope I don't get missed after these walls of bolded text.))

Yes, I'm sure I want to drink the potion. It's Potion #6, to clarify. Think I might have accidentally said 7 earlier, but I drank that one back on M18. Also, near the Shackle and HEP Pyramid when I drink it.
OK.

Your body turns into a shiny bluish metal and you catch fire. You don't really mind either of these things.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29915 on: October 15, 2015, 08:23:57 am »

(Piecewise you forgot my action?)
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29916 on: October 15, 2015, 09:18:29 am »

"Ah, unreality television."

Steeple fingers, anticipating big explosions. If none are forthcoming, lose interest after a while and go to the weird anime theater instead.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:04:27 pm by Harry Baldman »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #29917 on: October 15, 2015, 10:00:08 am »

Hooray, legs!

Get my Gauss Rifle from my room, then go to the Armory and buy a Repeating Gauss Rifle. Inquire about Gravity Shells.
wiki

Grav shells...I forget if I gave price for them before but they're gonna be like 1-2 tokens a pop.

((8 tokens for 3 Gauss rifle rounds was the price you gave in the past.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29918 on: October 15, 2015, 10:02:45 am »

Hooray, legs!

wiki

((That's a bit awkward to work with. Can we do 2 a pop?))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29919 on: October 15, 2015, 10:21:01 am »

I reset the simulation again to the moment the AoP was revealed.
Quote from: Lyra to Steve
Please help set Simulated Avatar of Peace automanip count. Need information I do not have.
Ask Steve to help me with my simulation, setting the AoP's automanip durability appropriately (estimated I would assume, but he has the best info to make said estimate) for the situation I'm attempting to run.

I then set all my teammates to flee, firing their weapons defensively, and leaving me behind. I remove the slow-motion effect from the simulation (which is still paused), and I save the state of the sim, because I'm probably going to have to reset this several times.

I then take a moment to steady myself, and set the sim to run.

The first turn of my first attempt I'm going to stay cloaked, and wait for it to use its crowdwire. As soon as the crowdwire comes out, I'm going to redirect it (via mass-manip amp), tangling it and making it constrict around the AoP. since the AoP's crowdwire system is attached to it, it should be unable to dodge a tangle of its own crowdwire moving down the line towards it, since at it moves the tangle will move with it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29920 on: October 15, 2015, 11:21:00 am »

Hooray, legs!

wiki

((That's a bit awkward to work with. Can we do 2 a pop?))
special ammo usually comes in 3-clips for the gauss weapons.

If anything, it'd be 3 a pop, assuming 8 for 3 is a discount
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29921 on: October 15, 2015, 01:00:32 pm »

(Piecewise you forgot my action?)

((Probably because you had your action colored with your speech color, so it didn't register as an action.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29922 on: October 15, 2015, 01:42:33 pm »

pet my alot and hug him!
You're coming with me buddy!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29923 on: October 15, 2015, 04:47:58 pm »

Ponder the wide angle shot. What does it even shoot? And if it doesn't actually shoot anything then how can I tell its wide angle?

Take a break from testing. Fly out of the airlock and take a walk around on the outside of the ship. Admire the vastness of space. Admire Hephaestus. Admire the Sword. Take a drink.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 12:17:51 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29924 on: October 16, 2015, 06:48:21 am »

My major idea was that it would be people doing experiments. But they very rarely do fun experiments. They just yell increasingly granular questions at the universe.  Sean had the right idea with his testing that involved explosions, but it's really hard to insert any sort of mad science fun when you guys just throw 10 item bulleted lists at me every time.

Hmm. Well, I think a good start would be to say that, if players don't do research on artifacts, that it'll get done at an automatic pace 'in the background' so that there isn't this need to do everything for all the various artifacts (which come in faster than they can be processed), and that we'll actually see the results of off that sometime (eg after every mission cycle). Next to that, perhaps don't allow that kind of questions anymore, or either give more artifacts that are suited for a hands on approach. Because, for example, something like forcefield sounds like a interesting thing, but to actually work with it one needs to know its properties, leading to an expanding array of questions about it's nature and such. And while these may not be very interesting, how else do you suppose one does research and R&D on something like that? Something like a termite/glowworm gun is more obvious, but even then after a while it comes down to careful cataloguing of properties in order to reverse engineer it (what, did you think productive science is a wild thrill ride all the time?)

Next to that, we again have the paradoxical nature where, the better A Hephead does his job IC, the less chances for fun there are. After all, had Anton taken appropriate safety measures for his experiment, M24 might not even be a thing. So the most obvious way to really have a chance for shenanigans instead of a long list of safety measures is characters screwing up (on purpose or on accident). So that's a bit contradictory.

Oh, and sliiightly more frequent Hep updates might help cut down on the size of individual posts (right now we seem to have a vicious cycle of 'less turn posts => more stuff per action to get things done => less fun/more work for you to run the turn => less turn posts'

ehhhhh. If you have them right next to each other the slower cutting of the monorazor will prevent you from cleaving well with the force field. Your best bet is probably a double sided weapon with one kind on one side and another on the other, so you can choose the best for the situation.
Kay then. One thing I wonder about though, is that if the monorazor is on one side and cutting, won't the vibrations move through the weapon and reach the projecting materials and do damage?

Finally, would it be ok for Miya to take a shuttle down to Hep and do some things on the planet itself? 

You know what? Instead of all that, tell me if Miyamoto is still a thing we've got going on. And is going on mission 25 a thing?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:38:05 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1993 1994 [1995] 1996 1997 ... 2101