_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1992 1993 [1994] 1995 1996 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922225 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #29895 on: October 09, 2015, 06:17:57 pm »

The moment the xeno-spit entered her system, the effects were unnaturally instantaneous.
"Hold her down!" he shouted as he did the same with one hand, while the other moved to his monorazor and swiftly tried to bring it to her neck to sever her head from her body. It was the only way to ensure everybody would be safe. He wouldn't make the same mistake he did on Hephaestus again.
"MRWOR!"
I dash towards the girl and Flint, moving towards Flint's elbow and attempt to jostle or block it without putting my body in the way of the super-lethal-blade.
"Hsss"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29896 on: October 10, 2015, 09:22:43 am »

If bullet time event actions are go:

Regardless of mission starting status,
inflict spiderdroid upon abstracttraitorhero's character with orders to repair her lungs and remove her artificial skin pigmentation. no additional parameters.

then collect my spider droid and run to mission start area and resume waiting for mission start
drag flint off to the mission shuttle and make sure we both board it on time.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29897 on: October 10, 2015, 10:17:36 pm »

Yeah, it's a hacksaw and a piece of wood to bite down on.
We can get some limiters for him but if he really fucks up, they won't last for long.
"Well Ronald, it seems they found a sort of solution for those arms. It's a pair of limiters that should help restrain their destructive potential. Be warned however, they probably can't hold up against the full power of those arms, so be careful. If they have a cost, and you cannot pay right now, the team fund will cover it, but you'll have to pay the cost back later. You're free to go on the condition that you keep these on at all times, and try not to let anything happen again. Next time innocent bystanders get hurt, those arms are coming off, one way or another. Do we understand each other?"
"Okay"
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29898 on: October 12, 2015, 10:32:24 am »

Quickly, go to the AM, and get collapsible pokin poles, duct tape, cable ties, rope, a backpack to store this stuff in, artifact containers, several different connector cables for a wristpad to plug into other computers, non heat producing light sticks, and a flashlight for backup. After that, go and get podded for the mission before something bad happens.
Wiki. subtract a token.

He got no tokens to subtract. What he gets for free?
Hmmm. Subtract the cables and light sticks.

Can I be regenerated now that M24 is embarked?
Consider yourself up and around.

Emerging from the rec room, Cthunkan stretches his arms. Ah, this was the life. And now all the silly people had gone to die in a Hephaestean pit of some sort, as was their Steve-given right. As good a place as any for a burial.

Wander about and enjoy new emptiness of ship. If no amusing activities or chatty inmates present themselves (and thus the action stands), inquire about the possibility of merging two to four rooms together for extra space.
As it stands we can't do that, not with how the cube mechanism works. You'd have to join 8 rooms at least.

Can I be regenerated now that M24 is embarked?

Same with Lars?  Can he look at "God of Bloodletting" now or you still need time to do other stuff?
You're up and around; As per the god of bloodletting, he appears to be related to torture, non-fatal injuries and incapacitiation, and similar applications of force in a way that doesn't murder the recipient.

...okay......that was rather heated maybe i should apologize? No i don't need to apologize they tried to kill me...ill need to figure out the guy's name who stopped them...this place seems a little better then home...maybe...that guys offering a drink...ill take it seems....trustworthy T-Thank you for r-resolving that comflict may i...inquire your name she will take the drink that is being handed to her sniff it and if nothing smells like volcanic ash she'll drink it
Like Volcanic ash? No, I don't think so. Drink it up.

I said to try 3 different combinations that turn. You said that was okay. Why only one? Now I'm not sure what number you used last turn.

Try #4.
Try #9.
Try #13.
Try #4913.

I thought you were doing 4913.

4 produces nothing noticable
9 fires a black pellet
13 fires a sort of burst of physical force that flies out and explodes on the target.

...okay......that was rather heated maybe i should apologize? No i don't need to apologize they tried to kill me...ill need to figure out the guy's name who stopped them...this place seems a little better then home...maybe...that guys offering a drink...ill take it seems....trustworthy T-Thank you for r-resolving that comflict may i...inquire your name she will take the drink that is being handed to her sniff it and if nothing smells like volcanic ash she'll drink it
The drink being offered is Xeno Spit.
((@Piecewise: Sorry piecewise, just one action to conclude some RP.
@AbstractTraitorHero: Xeno-Spit doesn't taste or smell a particular way. And when it enters your system, the moment it enters your stomach, the effects of the xenobiological enzymes are instantaneous: either hallucinations or unconsciousness or both.))

"Flint Westwood. Awesome actor, crack shot. Pilot of mighty Gilgamesh, the most badass battlesuit in the ARM-y, wielder of the Rainbow Cannon. Nice to meet you." he said with a relaxed salute.
"And you are?"

Reasoning that someone as small as her couldn't be implying she could take him on in a straight battle (unless she was so delusional or overconfident, which wasn't completely off the table), he could only assume that there was magic at work here. He hated to do so, but he had no choice but to follow the advice given to him by the Armory Master so long ago. He had no guns on him, didn't even have his suit on. All he had was his trusty monorazor. It would have to do.

The moment the xeno-spit entered her system, the effects were unnaturally instantaneous.
"Hold her down!" he shouted as he did the same with one hand, while the other moved to his monorazor and swiftly tried to bring it to her neck to sever her head from her body. It was the only way to ensure everybody would be safe. He wouldn't make the same mistake he did on Hephaestus again.

Edit: Do not proceed with the severing if there is danger of hurting Lenglon or TheBiggerFish. Or if their attempts to stop me make me hurting AbstractTraitorHero's brain more likely.
If the spiderbot action happens and it is in danger of hurting ATH, kick the bot away. If it persists, monorazor it.
I will understand and will not protest if you choose not to run this action.

((Lyra told Flint she had venom, not that she had anesthetic, so he can't consider that option.))
Well lets see if she goes nuts on the xeno spit.
[5]
She takes a drink of the xeno-spit and seems completely unaffected.

You still wanna try to decap her?

ALRIGHT, EVERYONE ON THE 24th MISSION IS NOW OFFICIALLY ON MISSION.

Hmm. Not sure how to insert you guys though. Whats the plan miya? We just landing on a normal landing pad and then heading, talking to the peeps and then down to the deep freeze? Or were you planning a more direct assault? Either works for me
'Oh god this whole thing just won't leave me alone. I have stuff to do dangit!

Drop them off at the edge of the containment (not anomalous) zone with normal shuttle. Somewhere close to an underground entrance i(f they'll need one) if possible. Have shuttles approach from a good bit away then fly in low to the drop zone, in case of AA shenanigans somehow. From there they can choose to move in or do other stuff first or whatever.
This has been taken care of it seems.

Any chance of a Hep update sometime? It's been several weeks.

Alternatively, do you think it might be time to rethink how we go about this whole Hep thing? I get the feeling you don't enjoy doing it anymore at all.

Well, it's variable because the material would have to SURVIVE the vibration. And as you know, force fields are best made from very fragile things.

I dunno of that would work. From a purely mechanical standpoint. Not sure if grinding a second, parallel cut would help that much, since it's not like it will clear the way for the first blade.

I meant, the first blade cuts, but if it doesn't get through, the razor is pushed into the cutting edge to where the forcefield was able to cut, then 'continuing' the cutting.

Alternatively, what if we made a sort of chainsaw or circular saw but with small forcefield blades (to help solve the vibration problem a bit). Would that allow forcefield to keep biting through like a monorazor after initial cut?

I've been thinking we should get the players on heph out of there, yeah. THe reason for the current lack of posts is the fact that It seemed unmoving since the whole freezing thing.

How would that work? You'd need a pretty complex mechanism, me thinks.

It might, assuming the forcefield material can survive being moved around like that.

Enter tinker. Kinamp anything that comes for my kneecaps.
Ok.

Go to the tinker thread.

((So mission people are off the ship? Back to faffing around. Time to do that thing I was trying to do like two turns ago that got missed in the torrent of stuff.))

Piecewise, can you see my action this time? I quoted it.

Ah, fuck it. I'll just use what I have. Borrow some tongs, go fetch the Shackle from my room with the tongs, and head to a Testing Chamber. Put the Shackle on the floor and put the tongs outside the room. Drink Potion #7 while standing in close proximity to the Shackle, but not near either hole. More like to the side of it. Also, I should still have the HEP Pyramid floating around my arm or wherever if that matters.
Huh, you sure you want to drink your potion here and now? It very well might have limited time or unpredictable effects.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29899 on: October 12, 2015, 11:12:15 am »

[5]

((She's not affected by xeno-spit? That's never happened before. She's a witch! Burn her!

Nah, let's leave it at that. I thought this would be a quick RP thing I could finish in one turn. I don't want to set a bad precedent by being in two threads at once for more than one turn and I don't want to delay people on ship more. Let's say I figured out she calmed down enough to not be a threat or at least so that the others can get someone to stealthily incapacitate her or otherwise deal with her. Let other people on ship have their fun.))

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29900 on: October 12, 2015, 12:27:32 pm »

Examine my limiters
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29901 on: October 12, 2015, 12:59:27 pm »

"I'm starting to see a pattern here."
Keep testing the gun.
#0. See if this does anything.
#1.
#2.
#3.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29902 on: October 12, 2015, 03:36:04 pm »

[5]

((She's not affected by xeno-spit? That's never happened before. She's a witch! Burn her!

Nah, let's leave it at that. I thought this would be a quick RP thing I could finish in one turn. I don't want to set a bad precedent by being in two threads at once for more than one turn and I don't want to delay people on ship more. Let's say I figured out she calmed down enough to not be a threat or at least so that the others can get someone to stealthily incapacitate her or otherwise deal with her. Let other people on ship have their fun.))

((Sounds more like "My excuse to butcher newb pointlessly without any danger of being suddenly turned into gibs faded due to their luck"))
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29903 on: October 12, 2015, 03:39:24 pm »

"Mm... eight rooms? Fascinating."

Head over to the theater and take a gander at what's happening on the missions. See if they've got reception for Mission 23 or 21. If not, settle for 24.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29904 on: October 12, 2015, 04:00:09 pm »

Removed.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:50:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29905 on: October 12, 2015, 04:03:47 pm »

Response to removed stuff.  Nevermind.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:09:22 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29906 on: October 12, 2015, 04:49:38 pm »

(I knew fate would be useful!!!)
hmmm it's not bad definitely not poison....unless he completely failed meh im gonna leave and buy some medical supplies with these tokens Thanks flint your alright Abigail will turn around and start sprinting to the armory master Armory master! I-Id like to buy some medical equipmentStart yelling in the armory masters direction that i want to buy medical equipment 

(Edit Flints action was removed nevermind my worry still gonna do above action)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 08:29:42 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29907 on: October 12, 2015, 07:11:17 pm »

Hooray, legs!

Get my Gauss Rifle from my room, then go to the Armory and buy a Repeating Gauss Rifle. Inquire about Gravity Shells.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29908 on: October 12, 2015, 08:18:18 pm »

Glory be to Steve.  "I love you, Steve!"

Head to the Chapel.  Bask in the glory of the holy statues and artifacts.  Pray and reflect.  Has anyone been in there at all?  Descriptions are cool.

And yes, I know I designed it; don't think everyone else saw that
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nunzillor

« Reply #29909 on: October 12, 2015, 08:48:10 pm »

((Enjoy the comb statue!))
Pages: 1 ... 1992 1993 [1994] 1995 1996 ... 2101