_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1990 1991 [1992] 1993 1994 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923016 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #29865 on: October 08, 2015, 07:18:18 pm »

((I call dibs on one of the 'nade launchers. And ammo.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29866 on: October 08, 2015, 07:28:11 pm »

"Nobody gets dibs on anything, if you want something requisition it from miyamoto.
I have plans for my requisitions and I will distribute them or not as I see fit."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29867 on: October 08, 2015, 10:21:05 pm »

((I'm amused by how we had to choose our stuff before we even had a plan, or knew enough about what's going on down there. I'll also assume you guys are sending messages, cuz I think most of the team has dispersed to their pods by now, since today is/should've been mission start day and we all want to be able to get down there and start working))

Wait in room, ready to go into stasis when it's time.
- Dictate everything I've learned so far into my wristpad, save dictations into a file named 'frunze'.
- Send messages to coordinate/plan with team members.
- Look through some reports of past missions. Say, 2, 4, 7, 9B, 11, 12, 15, 17, 19, and 20G. Be surprised and afraid.
- Ask Steve if Heph can modify our requisitioned nuke to concentrate the pulse to something like a 20° cone, casaba-howitzer style.
- Forget what else I wanted to get out of the way. Ask Steve if I can get brain damage repaired.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29868 on: October 09, 2015, 05:14:50 am »

((Didn't have time to RP, so I'll have to get that near the end.))
"Oh good GRIEF.  Calm DOWN, and do stop threatening me.  You're weak, you're sick, you're probably malnourished, and you are barely a teenager.  Also you need to see a psychiatrist or a psychologist or something.  But seriously.    If they were going to cut anything out, they would have done it while you were in stasis.  Oh thanks."
Mycroft tries to call for a doctor to take care of Abigail.

Flint, who until that moment was watching everything unfold in front of him, trying to figure out what's going on, decided it was time to act.
Wait a second... Panicking children? I know exactly how to handle that!
"Hey, come on now, wait a second. If the girl doesn't want to go then don't force her. It's fine."
Flint turned to face the panicking girl.
"It's OK now. You don't have to go if you don't want to. We can stay here instead."
He calmly took his bottle of Xeno-Spit, opened it and pretended to take a swig from it, before extending his hand toward her.
"You look thirsty. Stasis can do that to a person. Want something to drink? I promise it will make you feel better." he said, glancing at the others meaningfully for a split second. "Right guys?"
I hope they understand what I'm trying to do and back off.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:28:56 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29869 on: October 09, 2015, 07:35:25 am »

I look up at Flint, then nod and back away.
(action edited)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29870 on: October 09, 2015, 08:52:26 am »

Mycroft notices and does, in fact, back off.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29871 on: October 09, 2015, 10:44:44 am »

Abigail will immediately stop her previous action of trying to heat everything around a small radius by 20 or 30 degrees...i-i d-don't trust d-doctor's ....okay? you...understand...don't try and force me into a situation....where I'd have to choose between your word... and my own experiences becuase you'll lose....and...i really don't want to hurt you
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29872 on: October 09, 2015, 10:45:58 am »

((If you change your action, unbold the old one.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29873 on: October 09, 2015, 11:38:55 am »

Open sullen moon nyartifact in the union testing room.
Then go to wherever I need to go to for mission 24, and comply generally.
Each box of Sullen moon contains a small greenish, almost rock looking object that has clearly been cut. You conclude after a bit of investigation that the pieces are all from a single, fist sized object that has been split several times.

If you wanna start the mission anytime soon your gonna need to just force everyone into the pods/dropship/whatever.

so until that happens, and even if you decide to do it this coming turn, id like to know the results of the science I waited 5 days for you to comletely disregard.

stack all my weapons outside the testing chamber.
Go buy a blaster pistol and place it on the floor in the testing chamber along with my mk1.
Turn on the suit computer and sync the geiger counter to my wristpad.
take deathcube out into the hall and make sure im closer to the pistol then my weapon pile.
push B1,C7,F4,G6,H1.
observe difference in radiation output by the blueraditite power core.

Put deathcube back if radiation levels are safe, if not place it in a different testing chamber.

Regardless of mission starting status,
inflict spiderdroid upon abstracttraitorhero's character with orders to repair her lungs and remove her artificial skin pigmentation. no additional parameters.

then collect my spider droid and run to mission start area and resume waiting for mission start.

Force start the mission? WE CAN DO THAT!

People have tried to do mobile tinker before.

I'm pretty sure I killed them.
There's no reason there can't be a simulator on the tablets, save RAM.  And given that strong AI is a thing, there is RAM out the wazoo.
But seriously, the ability to do short simulations in field conditions ("Can I blow this up with that?")...Lifesaver waiting to happen as soon as someone ports the code.
That would only work vs things that the system has info on. If it's not recorded in the databank, it can't even make a guess.
@Auriel: "Well, given what we know about its behaviour, my working theory was that putting it into a negative-beta state might lead to it stabilizing without draining more heat from the surroundings, or maybe even running the current process in reverse, decaying away its energy until it ceases to exist."
"To be fair, this is not something we should test immediately but something to try on an extracted sample."
@Auron: shrug "Not too sure, I hoped someone else would know."
Head to stasis when it's time. Talking can wait.

((@TheBiggerFish: PW being annoyed by it is a perfectly valid reason, there is a fate stat in this game, and annoying PW gives you maluses))
Good Good.
Quickly, go to the AM, and get collapsible pokin poles, duct tape, cable ties, rope, a backpack to store this stuff in, artifact containers, several different connector cables for a wristpad to plug into other computers, non heat producing light sticks, and a flashlight for backup. After that, go and get podded for the mission before something bad happens.
Wiki. subtract a token.
(I'm on the roster)

Grab gear. Go to the deployment area. (It's by shuttle isn't it?)
Done.
Find a source of scrap, such as locker doors.
You get a locker door before being clobbered in the knees and dragged to the pods.
Ensure I have Whig, my longcoat, and my various grenades with me, then head to... wherever we're supposed to be going.
The stasis pods, I guess.

Get a feel for my newly-installed feet by running along the ceiling on my way there.

Edit: If I happen to encounter this Abigail person en route, drop from the ceiling and perform a stunning mid-air headkick with my robofoot.

I'VE GOT NO TIME FOR YOUR CRAP, GET IN THE POD.
Go be ready for mission
POD!

Lets try 4, 9, and then 13.
You fire a pea sized black object that flies out with about the same force as a bullet and explodes when it hits the target.

Cthunkan, feeling mighty pleased with his industrial suit regardless of whether it's working out as good as intended, walks about for a moment, considering a list of people he could try and bother. None of them, however, hold his present interest terribly well. So instead he goes off to try out the computers.

Find a computer terminal and search for when exactly was it that the Altered Wars ended, and what criteria were used to determine this. Was it just a declaration by the UWM after a period of prolonged peace, or something more concrete?
Depends on what you consider "end".  There was never any official declaration of it being over, and even after  the major fighting ended, they were still purging worlds for hundreds of years.

Yeah, it's a hacksaw and a piece of wood to bite down on.
We can get some limiters for him but if he really fucks up, they won't last for long.
"Well Ronald, it seems they found a sort of solution for those arms. It's a pair of limiters that should help restrain their destructive potential. Be warned however, they probably can't hold up against the full power of those arms, so be careful. If they have a cost, and you cannot pay right now, the team fund will cover it, but you'll have to pay the cost back later. You're free to go on the condition that you keep these on at all times, and try not to let anything happen again. Next time innocent bystanders get hurt, those arms are coming off, one way or another. Do we understand each other?"

Well the forcefield's movement and orientation is related to the projecting material, so you'd have to vibrate that.
and is this a workable/viable idea? Could it combine the strengths of forcefield and monowire?

Well, it couldn't get through the force field, could it?
No, but it could be next to it, so that if the forcefield cuts but doesn't get through, the monowire is pushed down alongside it into the cutting front and 'takes over' from the forcefield. Does that make more sense?

I assume the rest of these things were handled by Miya and the gnomes. I think Thats what I saw.
Yes they were, far as I see. Much thanks to the wiki gnomes helping out in these troubling times. Now say it with me: 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, it's variable because the material would have to SURVIVE the vibration. And as you know, force fields are best made from very fragile things.

I dunno of that would work. From a purely mechanical standpoint. Not sure if grinding a second, parallel cut would help that much, since it's not like it will clear the way for the first blade.

"Damn, I sure wish some sort of near-omniscient intelligence could tell us what the current situation with the anomaly is on-planet."

Ask Steve

>Which one? The one on heph or the one with the other mission?

Quote from: Root to Christopher, cc M24 volunteers
That would be a great way to destroy every single facility nearby, and a very poor way to launch the thing into space. We don't know what the anomaly will do to the blast wave, we can be reasonably sure it would find any fireball delicious, and the most we can do is disperse the anomaly into thousands of suborbital arcs. What happens when we can't intercept, say, half of the ejecta, and thus turn a huge chunk of the planet into an icepocalypse? You think this planet is expendable? Far better to try sealing the thing within a structure capable of safely carrying it out to space. That actually has a chance at success.

Speak at Steve: "Computer, I know you think I'm nuts but I am downright sane compared to some people here"

>Ahem
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

((sorry for not posting in  a while, what did I miss?))
exercise and work out
I'm tempted to roll for hilarious groin injuries.

[2]

Leg press to the groin.

Quote from: The Armory Master
"There are people out there who are very good at what they do. I have Amps, The Doctor has biology. He has fighting."
"Huh... That's... disturbing. But, to be expected I suppose. I mean, it's numbers, right? If human fighting ability can be ranked then it stands to reason that one human in the entire universe is better than any other."

"Still, I did say that killing him shouldn't be our only concern. He might have all the strength in the world, but strength is nothing without the will to use it. So the question is: How much do we know about him? What does he want? What makes him tick, what keeps him going? Does he do it for humanity? Then we can convince him that we are humanity's best hope. Does he do it because he likes to fight? Then we can convince him that fighting with us will be much more satisfying. Does he do it out of a feeling of loyalty to UWM? Then we can convince him that the UWM of today is like the UWM of the past in name only and that we are the true heirs of what the UWM used to stand for. Does he do it for someone or something he loves or needs? Then we can help those things or provide them to him or hold them hostage. Do you have any idea? Or is this one of those mysteries?"

Wait for her response.

"Hm. I see. Well, I got to go now, it's mission time. It looks like we'll have to continue our talk some other time. Hmm... Speaking of getting to know others... How about when I get back, you come have some drinks with us or something? It would be good for you! You know, hang out, relax, have some fun. Hell, we could even throw some sort of party. Whadya say?"

Invite the AM to drink with us. Use my Charisma if it would help.

She Shrugs. "I know only what they officially release, and thats not gonna be helpful."

She thanks you for the invitation, but says she's not into that sort of thing.

-snip-
Be stasised
Done.
((I'm amused by how we had to choose our stuff before we even had a plan, or knew enough about what's going on down there. I'll also assume you guys are sending messages, cuz I think most of the team has dispersed to their pods by now, since today is/should've been mission start day and we all want to be able to get down there and start working))

Wait in room, ready to go into stasis when it's time.
- Dictate everything I've learned so far into my wristpad, save dictations into a file named 'frunze'.
- Send messages to coordinate/plan with team members.
- Look through some reports of past missions. Say, 2, 4, 7, 9B, 11, 12, 15, 17, 19, and 20G. Be surprised and afraid.
- Ask Steve if Heph can modify our requisitioned nuke to concentrate the pulse to something like a 20° cone, casaba-howitzer style.
- Forget what else I wanted to get out of the way. Ask Steve if I can get brain damage repaired.

>I don't know. Depends on the person doing it.

>Depends on the source.

Abigail will immediately stop her previous action of trying to heat everything around a small radius by 20 or 30 degrees...i-i d-don't trust d-doctor's ....okay? you...understand...don't try and force me into a situation....where I'd have to choose between your word... and my own experiences becuase you'll lose....and...i really don't want to hurt you
Good, I don't have to electrocute you.

ALRIGHT, EVERYONE ON THE 24th MISSION IS NOW OFFICIALLY ON MISSION.

Hmm. Not sure how to insert you guys though. Whats the plan miya? We just landing on a normal landing pad and then heading, talking to the peeps and then down to the deep freeze? Or were you planning a more direct assault? Either works for me.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:49:23 am by piecewise »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29874 on: October 09, 2015, 11:46:07 am »

((I think you'd have to rip the skin right off her body at most you might make it a lighter gray maybe?))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29875 on: October 09, 2015, 11:50:18 am »

((augh mismatched quote delimiters D: I understand though, you're busy and I think it's still legible. thanks pw :D!
I think miya's washed his hands of it, which gives me the chance to suggest we simply land at the cradle, have a plan-meeting, and go from there))

Respond to Steve while stasis fluid fills me lungs: "touché, computer. I think we might actually get alonblurblorblubgurgle..."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 02:13:35 pm by Moopli »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29876 on: October 09, 2015, 12:12:50 pm »

Quickly, go to the AM, and get collapsible pokin poles, duct tape, cable ties, rope, a backpack to store this stuff in, artifact containers, several different connector cables for a wristpad to plug into other computers, non heat producing light sticks, and a flashlight for backup. After that, go and get podded for the mission before something bad happens.
Wiki. subtract a token.

He got no tokens to subtract. What he gets for free?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29877 on: October 09, 2015, 12:14:28 pm »

Can I be regenerated now that M24 is embarked?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29878 on: October 09, 2015, 12:20:24 pm »

Emerging from the rec room, Cthunkan stretches his arms. Ah, this was the life. And now all the silly people had gone to die in a Hephaestean pit of some sort, as was their Steve-given right. As good a place as any for a burial.

Wander about and enjoy new emptiness of ship. If no amusing activities or chatty inmates present themselves (and thus the action stands), inquire about the possibility of merging two to four rooms together for extra space.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29879 on: October 09, 2015, 12:26:02 pm »

Can I be regenerated now that M24 is embarked?

Same with Lars?  Can he look at "God of Bloodletting" now or you still need time to do other stuff?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1990 1991 [1992] 1993 1994 ... 2101