_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1987 1988 [1989] 1990 1991 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924283 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #29820 on: October 06, 2015, 06:53:12 pm »

(Sorry about slow response also)...didn't do anything....g-got framed for...i don't wanna talk about it...b-but it's nice to meet you im suprised to see the...KITty c-cat and that's shes even shorter then me....i lived on essentially a volcano planet so the ash turned everyone who lived theirs skin gray and apparently...my hairs gray and this faded black becuase of a deficency...it's....probly....why im so short....im 14....but I'm gonnah stay here..........b-bec-nevermind
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nunzillor

« Reply #29821 on: October 06, 2015, 07:47:19 pm »

Quote from: Eddie to Root, cc M24 Volunteers
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the containment devices available to us, but we will have some sort of artifact containers and may be able to request specialized auto-manipulators.  Could someone with some experience please explain what containment devices can be provided? 

I suspect that the area or an area nearby will have some sort of ground-to-space solution, but I am not sure what kind.
Quote from: Eddie to Root
My knowledge is extremely limited on the subject, but I've gathered that "Heph" stands for "Hephaestus" and refers to some sort of forge world that produces supplies for the war effort.  I'm not sure exactly what it will be like in the area we arrive at, but expect a heavily developed and industrialized infrastructure.

As for me... well, I signed up to fight for the UWM and found myself here.  It's been jarring to say the least and I still don't know what year it is.  What do you mean by computer?  The wristpad computer?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:12:37 pm by Nunzillor »

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29822 on: October 06, 2015, 08:34:21 pm »

Quote from: Root to Eddie
A forge world I think I understand, but war effort? UWM? Do you at least know how many digits long the current year is? What's the state of technology? So far all I can really tell is that there is some amazing science happening, and we have ships so large they can simulate gravity with negligible rotation sickness. Impressive stuff, and if forge worlds exist I imagine humanity has expanded like crazy through the stars, which is definitely exciting, but I'm extrapolating and I still feel very lost.

By the computer I mean the ship computer, a snarky voice that talks in green. Decided I was nuts, seems to enjoy telling me as little as it can. This wristpad, luckily, seems to lack a personality at all. Reminds me of home.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29823 on: October 06, 2015, 09:39:23 pm »

((sorry for not posting in  a while, what did I miss?))
exercise and work out
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #29824 on: October 06, 2015, 11:51:21 pm »

Quote from: Eddie to Root
Oh man.

That's quite the gap in history.  Where to start?  Before I went into stasis, the year was 4443.  Humanity had colonized many star systems, but lost contact with several worlds after the beginning of something called the "Altered War," during which a central interstellar government was formed called the "United Worlds of Man." But the government has grown complacent, and a rebel organization has formed to topple the rightful government that saved so many.  And we're those rebels.

Technology is...  I'm sorry, but there is no way you couldn't know this stuff.  You're kidding, right?  There is an upper limit to the amount of time someone can spend in stasis and wake up, and I'm just finding this all very hard to believe.  No offense.  Also I've never heard of this ship computer that "talks in green." What does that even mean?

Quote from: Eddie to Mission 24 Volunteers
Here are the current proposed plans:

1.  V. Fedorov: Find problem areas and contain them with liquid helium and goop.
2.  Christopher: Blow the anomaly into space and sift through the wreckage and deal with the anomaly at that time, perhaps in a weakened or neutralized state.
3.  Root: Contain the entire zone first, take samples, then test containment and retrieval strategies on those samples and further samples as we continue deeper into the affected zone.  Contain anomaly source with Fermi gas within magnetic vessel.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 12:57:08 am by Nunzillor »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #29825 on: October 07, 2015, 04:37:05 am »

-snip-

- If you don't want to talk about something, that's fine. Just be safe around the ship. You see anything brewing up near you, any conflict at all - step back and walk away. You wouldn't believe what happened just recently, so better be extra cautious, okay? It was nice to meet you, Abigail.

Vladimir proceeds with his stroll through the corridors for the designated M24 rally spot.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29826 on: October 07, 2015, 05:15:48 am »

(Sorry about slow response also)...didn't do anything....g-got framed for...i don't wanna talk about it...b-but it's nice to meet you im suprised to see the...KITty c-cat and that's shes even shorter then me....i lived on essentially a volcano planet so the ash turned everyone who lived theirs skin gray and apparently...my hairs gray and this faded black becuase of a deficency...it's....probly....why im so short....im 14....but I'm gonnah stay here..........b-bec-nevermind
I remain sitting and watch the girl, my tail slowly flicking about.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29827 on: October 07, 2015, 08:07:36 am »

..........y-your
...s-so...
(abigail hugs you laughing hysterically)Whos a good kitty cat whos a good kitty cat!Whos a GOOD KITTY!  Good...kitty......(shes asleep)
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29828 on: October 07, 2015, 10:09:33 am »

Quote from: Eddie to Mission 24 Volunteers
Here are the current proposed plans:

1.  V. Fedorov: Find problem areas and contain them with liquid helium and goop.
2.  Christopher: Blow the anomaly into space and sift through the wreckage and deal with the anomaly at that time, perhaps in a weakened or neutralized state.
3.  Root: Contain the entire zone first, take samples, then test containment and retrieval strategies on those samples and further samples as we continue deeper into the affected zone.  Contain anomaly source with Fermi gas within magnetic vessel.

Uh, want us to vote on this or something? I like option 2. Ignes Natura Renovatur Integra.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29829 on: October 07, 2015, 12:01:51 pm »

Quote from: Root to Mission 24 Volunteers
It doesn't have to be a Fermi gas in particular, that was just my suggestion for what a containment vessel could use. If we already have absolute-zero-capable containment systems we can use those.

We shouldn't vote -- better to systematically decompose each plan into parts, figure out what parts are cross-compatible, and conversely what parts are incompatible, and then do some risk/cost/benefit analysis, and bingo! All we have to do is think a bit. Right now, though, we have yet to even finish brainstorming.

So far we have the cautious approach, focusing on containment, and the gung-ho approach, focusing on destruction. I think we could mix them if people really don't want to take the option of blowing a massive crater into an important factory center off the table. A cautious approach, however we approach it (heh), would still give us the option of exorcising our demons by casaba-howitzer, orbital bombardment, or however else. But we should not immediately turn to overwhelming firepower.
((private reply to Eddie will come later, I must think on it))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29830 on: October 07, 2015, 12:12:22 pm »

..........y-your
...s-so...
(abigail hugs you laughing hysterically)Whos a good kitty cat whos a good kitty cat!Whos a GOOD KITTY!  Good...kitty......(shes asleep)

My eyes widen when the girl I just let hug me begins acting scary, and I begin to squirm to get away but then she suddenly falls asleep on me.
I then slowly extract myself from her grip and back away, watching her to see if she wakes up and circling her once to see what other oddities I might find. I do not intend to let her grab me again after this.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29831 on: October 07, 2015, 03:51:12 pm »

"...Okay, that was proooobably shock setting in."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29832 on: October 07, 2015, 05:23:08 pm »

"Poor kid... can we keep it?"
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29833 on: October 07, 2015, 05:24:00 pm »

"I, uh.  Think she needs more psychiatrist than we can provide."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29834 on: October 07, 2015, 05:52:43 pm »

Quote from: The Armory Master
"There are people out there who are very good at what they do. I have Amps, The Doctor has biology. He has fighting."
"Huh... That's... disturbing. But, to be expected I suppose. I mean, it's numbers, right? If human fighting ability can be ranked then it stands to reason that one human in the entire universe is better than any other."

"Still, I did say that killing him shouldn't be our only concern. He might have all the strength in the world, but strength is nothing without the will to use it. So the question is: How much do we know about him? What does he want? What makes him tick, what keeps him going? Does he do it for humanity? Then we can convince him that we are humanity's best hope. Does he do it because he likes to fight? Then we can convince him that fighting with us will be much more satisfying. Does he do it out of a feeling of loyalty to UWM? Then we can convince him that the UWM of today is like the UWM of the past in name only and that we are the true heirs of what the UWM used to stand for. Does he do it for someone or something he loves or needs? Then we can help those things or provide them to him or hold them hostage. Do you have any idea? Or is this one of those mysteries?"

Wait for her response.

"Hm. I see. Well, I got to go now, it's mission time. It looks like we'll have to continue our talk some other time. Hmm... Speaking of getting to know others... How about when I get back, you come have some drinks with us or something? It would be good for you! You know, hang out, relax, have some fun. Hell, we could even throw some sort of party. Whadya say?"

Invite the AM to drink with us. Use my Charisma if it would help.
Pages: 1 ... 1987 1988 [1989] 1990 1991 ... 2101