_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1975 1976 [1977] 1978 1979 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926682 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #29640 on: September 28, 2015, 08:39:20 pm »

Flint took a moment to think about what that could mean. The fact that she didn't use much human body language was not helping. But he didn't ask her to use more words, despite his initial urge to do so. He felt like doing so might somehow break the flow of their conversation.
She felt that that word was enough for me to understand. So I should at least give it some thought. We are in no hurry.
Instead, he thought for a couple of seconds, made an educated guess and asked a more specific question.
"You? Or they too?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29641 on: September 28, 2015, 08:46:27 pm »

Quote from: Lyra
UWM. Isolate. Conform. Reject.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29642 on: September 28, 2015, 08:54:45 pm »

B-Brother lars? What happened how did you get so wounded

"Ah, in our last mission we came up against an Arbiter of Peace, one of the most powerful weapons of the UWM.  I was injured, yes, but by the grace of Steve we were able to defeat the foe.  The shielding hands of Algis protected me from further harm.  Blessed be the will of Steve!"
"Eh...Okay?  Note to self: Invest in not-dying gadgets and garments, the sooner the better... ...Steve?"
Mycroft really doesn't know that much about the HMRC.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29643 on: September 28, 2015, 09:06:35 pm »

check tokensH-Hey claw...guy what's your name?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 09:09:05 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29644 on: September 28, 2015, 09:32:56 pm »

Lars smiled that special smile he had when he was about to enlighten a new person.  "The Most Holy Steve is the lord of all, and the god of this vessel!  You may have heard his ethereal green voice in the hallways, as he spreads his holy message to his flock.  He guides us and leads us as we seek to crush our hated enemy the UWM.  Follow his divine commands, and you shall be blessed.  Saint Milno here is one of his leading prophets!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29645 on: September 28, 2015, 09:44:22 pm »

...if this is a miltary rebellion thing....milno? Are you like a commander or general?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29646 on: September 28, 2015, 10:21:24 pm »

"Milno. And yeah, I'm one of the commanders of sorts." Milno replies, glancing at Lars as he erupts in the usual Stevism spiel. "Ya know Lars, you should tone down the religious explanations. At least at first to see if people can seek you out of their own want or something."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29647 on: September 28, 2015, 10:44:19 pm »

Good to know I'm gonnah buy something...parents let me use this thing it did mind things i thought it was preety exotic? Seemed really strange to me anyway  i also learned some medicine is there a...storage place for stuff nearby...place i can get weapon medicine stuff...armor?Abigail will go to place milno suggests to find or buy things mentioned above

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29648 on: September 28, 2015, 11:01:19 pm »

((Only bold purchases or actions you want to be rolled, lest piecewise ends up using his deadly black dice on you.))

"Try the armory, the armory master trades your tokens for stuff there. There are indications on the walls showing you how to get there." As he talks he also notices how the newcomer's accent reminds him of someone else's.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29649 on: September 29, 2015, 03:27:39 am »

Vanessa, having gotten temporarily sidetracked while reconsidering her plan for the end goal, comes back to herself with a jolt. Slowly scuttling out of the armoury while idly wondering when the next mission was going to start, (so many questions to ask Him...) she finds her hands are walking her towards the infirmary.
Fitting, she supposed, that unconscious wandering by her would invariably end up here. It is so often foremost in her thoughts, after all.

Was not the chaplain in recovery in there? What was his name?
...ah, Lars. That was it. I could go converse with him - he did name me as an avatar of something or other - presumably one of his gods. Perhaps he would be more amenable to helping me than others.
Trusting him is not an option, of course. Trusting anyone is infeasible. But he may be more tractable than others, and who knows? He may even have some of the items I require.

After unobtrusively hovering around the peripheral of the infirmary for some time, enough to allow Flint to exit, Xan walks into the room where Lars is recovering.

"Preacher Lars? I don't know if you recall me, but I was on the last mission with you. If you're willing, I'd like to speak of your gods, and whichever one you said I was an avatar of. My memories are somewhat fuzzy due to the stress of the latter part, so you'll forgive me if I don't recall the names quite correctly.

She turns to acknowledge Milno and the newbie once she notices they're in the room as well, nearly twitching in surprise.

"General Milno. Apologies if I'm interrupting anything important."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29650 on: September 29, 2015, 05:54:31 am »

Quote from: Lyra
UWM. Isolate. Conform. Reject.
"So a rebel then, someone fighting for change? A member of a minority? Or someone who did not abide by their rules, who did not agree with their society?" he said, indicating with his tone that he found the final option more likely.
He raised his hands towards his chest with his palms towards her again for a moment.
"Again, if you feel like sharing. There is no pressure here."
She might still be afraid, even though she feels more comfortable here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29651 on: September 29, 2015, 05:57:07 am »

Quote from: Lyra to Flint
Isolate World. Induce Conform. Reject Different.

Am Different.

EDIT:
Lyra then sends Flint an image file. A picture of a 4 foot tall girl with white eyes and white hair. Depending on his familiarity with Lyra, Flint may or may not recognize the picture as Lyra's human body. her tiny size is noticeable against the background of a bookshelf, with how it towers over her.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 06:15:36 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29652 on: September 29, 2015, 11:35:16 am »

"General Milno. Apologies if I'm interrupting anything important."

"Don't worry, everyone's barging in." He leans against the tube with Lars on it.
>Yes?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29653 on: September 29, 2015, 11:47:03 am »

M-Madam im A-Abigail South i hope we can be friendsshe coughs a little

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29654 on: September 29, 2015, 11:52:39 am »

5 tokens? Hmm... Alright.

Purchase 250L worth of Liquid Helium, to be picked up from Heph. (-5 tokens)

((I'll wiki this.))

Edit: Also buy another robo arm.
WI-oh. Ok.

You find a place labeled "Armory" which look like it might be the kind of dispensary you were looking for.

>No, you are on a spaceship. And I'll respond to some. Just enough to keep you hopeful.

((ahaha I am loving this))
Go up to the serious-looking young lady behind the glass, ask:
"Hello, my corpse was just thawed, I have no idea what's going on, and I'd like to know if I could borrow or buy a cane so I can walk and smack hooligans, and a computer so I can look things up on my own. I don't even know if I have any money, but from the look of things you probably get plenty of people in my position so I'm sure you know. Thank you. ...erm, I don't know if I have some sort of identification code but my name is Root if that helps at all which I don't think it does...
Don't look at her chest.

"You've got a wrist pad that functions like a computer. It can work with voice commands if you can't work the keypad. As per a cane, we've got one here for 5 tokens. If you check your pockets, you probably have that much. They're little purple plastic disks."

Go set up some targets in space. Gonna finally test my number gun some more.
Remember to have my mk3 and shield equipped and tether myself to the ship for safety.
Type in 42 and shoot at a target and see what happens.

Oh and write a will. If I die my stuff goes to the union, as long as I wasn't teamkilled by someone in the union. Just wanna get this settled.

42 eh? Gonna have to find where I wrote the stuff for this...

You use your inputs and the gun makes a...wait, space. The gun says it's firing but you can't see anything coming out and you can't feel or hear anything either.

"Ever seen or heard of the Shadow Walkers? Can you tell me a bit more about the way they fight and how they hide? And what's involved in becoming one?"
Best to approach the subject slowly...

Keep talking to the AM.
"Assassins. Something like executors but they don't focus on spying. They hide only to kill. That's their one purpose. One of the few that use biological weapons. Leshos too. They're the type who you'll never see. Someone will die and then you might find some evidence of how it was done, but you'll never find the person who did it.

Their training involves an apprenticeship with their leader."
"Trained by a single person... sounds like a slow process. That probably means not many of them are needed or that person is really quick in training them."

"So, this 'Leader'... are they anybody especially important or would someone else quickly take their place should they die? I mean, would assassinating the assassin make any sense? Or maybe there is a chance we could persuade him or her to join us?"

((Wait for an answer.))

"Wait, those guys can remain invisible while carrying LESHOs? Do you know how do they manage to do that?" Flint asked with great curiosity.
Keep talking to the AM.
The armory master laughs.

"Good luck assassinating him. He lives on Earth 2. And he fought in the Altered Wars.  With melee weapons."

"Usually they have it disassembled and reassemble it when they reach the vantage point they want"

Turn in goods:
  • Half price: MKII suit (5 tokens), MKIII suit (13 tokens), MCP-2 suit (3 tokens), Microwave Amp (3 tokens), Force Infuser (2 tokens),   Monoatomic Machete (4 tokens). That's a total of 30/2 = 15 tokens.
  • Full price: Hoverboard (4 tokens), Stun Baton (1 token), Magnetic Field Manipulator (8 tokens), total of 13 tokens.
That should total up to 28 tokens.

Once that's done, see how much an Industrial Suit costs. Should be about 20, but we've never gotten a price on the full thing (helmet is 5 tokens). Get the exact price, and if it's not more than 23, get it and put it on.

If it's more expensive than that, well, get the Limiter Unlock instead so that we don't waste a turn. Check if it gets mutated away. If yes, obtain refund.

You mean the sort of thing that whats his name used to fix the reactor? Sure, we can do that for 20.

"A... strange and puissant sorceror, who posesses many odd trinkets and weapons of an unfathomable quality and power."

Enquire about all and any free limbs, the more alien and twisted the better. Xenoraxic, skeletal, exoskeletal, pseudopodic, anything's good. If no joy with infirmary on this, try AM.

Inquire to who?  Wait, free? Then zero.

Message to Ronald: "Steve told me he'd have the lab boys look for some solution for those arms, so for the moment just sit tight. They work fast, shouldn't take all that long I hope."

Message to Jackson and Christopher:
"Perhaps things aren't clear here. This is not the HMRC anymore, where whoever gets to  things first or brute forces it gets looting rights. Dead people's belongings go to the team fund for the betterment of all, unless someone specifically mentions wanting something different as a will. And since that does not seem to be the case, Rimma's tokens and equipment very much go to said fund. Now, me, and Milno far as I know, have been indifferent to this union of yours, and I was hoping things could stay this way. But if people start breaking the rules specifically in the name of your organisation, we might have to revise that opinion."

about Lyra, for bookkeeping:
-does she retain the dex bonus from the limiter unlock now that her body is destroyed and she's in a new one?
-does the +1dex/-1end alteration made with the deathcube (which worked by lowering her mass iirc) go away, or does it stay as well (aka it's linked to the brain)?

Not much.
Depends. It wouldn't have the "grinding" ability to tear through things, so it might get stuck.
Assuming you have a handle ending in the blade so it's somewhat easy to imagine where it is, it shouldn't be too bad.

So, in the 3 token range or so?

What would it be better or worse at then, specifically? I mean, one could always move the forceblade back and forth in a sawing motion to get about the same effect, right? And it would have the added benefit of being able to do stabbing motions, the blade not getting stuck in eg synthblood, the wire can't snap, ...

In terms of effectiveness, how would the forceblade compare when used on a regular robot, a battlesuit, an avatar, or an arbiter?

Would it cost a lot to add a very small electric discharge function that, when activated, lets a small bit of electricity run throught the projecting material in order to detonate it at will? Would this even work (and be reasonably fail-safe)?[/s]

We'll say yes.

It goes away. It was her body that was de-massed.

3-4, yeah.

Well the force blade is extremely sharp but it's not serrated, so it you can't saw very effectively. In general, the difference would be like the difference between a good sharp machete and a chainsaw. The force blade cleaves through by virtue of it's edge and the kinetic force you put into it, the monofilament grinds trough by virtue of the vibration.  The monoblade will be better if you want to grind through thick, hard things, while the force blade will let you cleave instantly through less thick, less hard things. Against synthflesh , force blade, against battle suit plate, monowire.

Well you could just add in a small remote controlled piston that would break the material for free.

"Welcome aboard Vladimir. Yes, we sadly lost Rimma recently to an accident. A shame, she promised to be a good soldier. But, in times like these it is heartening to see such eagerness and enthusiasm from a new recruit.

Now, unless Anton objects, I'll add you to the volunteer list for M24."

"Yeah, I figured your archives out. This a pretty neat engine you got running for your database, all accessible and editable. Read the file on that Rimma character. I hope she found peace along with her father now.
I'll just have a little drink while waiting for the mission to start. I sent a request for equipment, I'll procure it later though.
"

Get MCP-II and Gauss rifle. If it's on display, get the engraved one pawned by Yaroslav. Because it catches my eye and comes at the same price. Walk over to Impending doom, order some sort of lemonade, or maybe pepsi?
Wiki, and sure, you can get the engraved one.

Straight lemonade or spiked?

Ask the AM if it's possible to buy a small tool kit for 1 token.
Yes, but it will only have basic tools.
What metal is best at all of those on average, and which metals are the best in each of those resistance categories.
This is getting annoyingly close to armor thickness talk.

Perhaps you should just move this to tinker and talk about exactly what you want as a whole.

That was... stronger than he thought it would be, and much less comforting than he had hoped.  But the booze may still come in handy.  He would need every advantage he could find.

Create two Molotov cocktails from both bottles, using strips from the free clothes as wicks and stoppers.

Can the scrap be fashioned into additional metal plates and applied to the MCP-1?  If yes, would that actually provide any extra protection?  Also, how feasible would it be to make a simple gun from scrap?

The cocktails we can do, and yes, you can do armor, but it won't be terribly good armor. Better then nothing though.

Depends. A zip gun is simple, not much more then a metal pipe. You can make one like this:
https://grabcad.com/library/zip-gun

And thats easy to make with scrap. But it will only fire one round at a time and has a rather lengthy reload.  It all depends on exactly what you want to do with said gun, what kind of shots you want to fire, etc.

Slowly waking in the infirmary, I inspect myself and my body, realizing that I'm back in my old one. The one kept just in case the nice one was destroyed. I stretch out, feeling the lesser physical capabilities, and re-familiarizing myself to the body I'd had for over a year. As I slowly finish, and begin to dwell on what happened and what I could have done, I notice a beeping on my wrist-comp. (Miya's message 1 post above).
Quote from: Lyra to Miya
Yes
I pay back my loan

after that, and not noticing any new messages, ((If necessary only, if not then skip)) I head to the Deathcube, and re-establish my lightened density. ((As the one that first risked applying the mod to my own body, I was told that If necessary (like if my body were destroyed) I could re-apply it at no charge.))

Next, I pace about the ship for a while, looking at all the faces, new and old, and spending some time just quietly thinking.
((Am breaking off my action here for now in case someone wants to catch me while I'm walking about. I'm going to be heading to the VR if nobody interrupts.))
Wiki
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tell me if this is alright piecewise or what i need to adjust been watching since beginning just didn't. Have a account until recently still haven't. Caught up(and dropped. Two negatives i believe i did it right now?)sorry dident know new rules. Beforehand but thanks for the help

I SUMMON THE WIKI GNOMES TO INSCRIBE THIS SHEET UPON THE INTERNET!
After failing to see anything unusual in his immediate surroundings, Elias concedes that his initial feeling of unease is misplaced. He then heads to the armory, and asks whether he can purchase additional player rooms, or some other form of additional space, before getting as many of the following items as he can get for free from the Armory/Workshop.
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)
Afterwards, he returns to his room with whatever he managed to get.
Get spoilered items if possible, return to room.
((If Elias gets the blueprints, do you mind posting a picture of them?))
Wiki, they're free.

Except the blueprints.
Go to the infirmary and have the med techs run some tests on divine ulfire
Nope. Nyars artifacts can't be pawned off on automatic processes to give you understanding.

Try looking it up on the internet!

"The Pizza has been destroyed Jobasio... nothing can be done for it now..."

Try to get away from the mad-man. If I do so, buy a mass manipulation pyschokinetic amplifier. So, you said I would have to process the bluesmokes and alcohol first. Would I be able to buy them in that form, or can my robobody process them?
WIKI

You can buy them in a ready form. Well, "Buy".

Okay, here goes...
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Should this sheet be accepted:
"Augh, where am I...?  Last I was just...In my apartment...And now..What?  Where am I even and --WAUGHNOCLOTHES."
Mycroft quickly dons the clothes and wristpad, then starts looking about on the wristpad for interesting things.
((*looking about on the wiki*))
"Armory...What.  Am I in the...How did...That doesn't even."
*scrolling*
"...Huh.  I wonder if..."
*link link link link*
"Oh cool, VR thing...I think I'll see about testing that then."

Mycroft will (try to) head to the VR and cue up Tinker, then stick a Kinetic Amplifier on a Stake Driver.
Further experimentation on a Kinetic Amplifier + Stake Driver + Kinetic Shunt as a weapons system will commence if someone doesn't interrupt or something.  (In short, the idea is to build up lots and lots of kinetic force and use it later.)
First act is to go into tinker eh?

Oh we're gonna get along super well~

Regardless, we have a thread for tinker, which I look at when I feel the need to hurt myself. Probably tomorrow. So Transplant your tinkering over that a way.

Abigail reaches her hand out then lowers it and will start trying to talk to the person who sells things the armory masterH-hello?
Listen to what

((Please only bold actions that piecewise has to process. Do not bold RP. It makes it harder for piecewise. Because bold means "look here piecewise". And piecewise time is a precious resource that has to be carefully rationed.))
Says. It's been a while since I upgraded my processor. The old cooling fan is running overtime.
Lars smiled back warmly.  "Give your praise to the divine and not the self; wise words indeed.  If you trust in the will of the divine and surrender yourself fully to it, then there is no limit to what you can do.  I look forward to serving with you again, Brother Flint."

He swished his arms through the biogel in a complicated motion.  "May the light of Steve ever light your path."

Only three gods in the Engineering Pantheon, huh?  Well, let's read up on "God of the Violent Mind."
Thats the one for Amp use. I've got a lot of bones to go memorize so I'll summarize. Basically, image looks like a man with a lot of light coming out of his eyes and mouth, and he doesn't look happy that this is happening. And there is a lot of fire and exploding bodies around him.  The blurb paints him as an extremely powerful but mindless god that brings destruction and chaos without benevolence or malice.

Good to know I'm gonnah buy something...parents let me use this thing it did mind things i thought it was preety exotic? Seemed really strange to me anyway  i also learned some medicine is there a...storage place for stuff nearby...place i can get weapon medicine stuff...armor?Abigail will go to place milno suggests to find or buy things mentioned above
WIKI, assuming everything checks out.
Pages: 1 ... 1975 1976 [1977] 1978 1979 ... 2101