_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1974 1975 [1976] 1977 1978 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5925723 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #29625 on: September 28, 2015, 06:08:08 pm »

"Isn't there some sort of research-y thing, too?  ...And I'm sorry to bother you, but quite simply you are the first person I have met who knows anything.  Where would you recommend I orient myself?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29626 on: September 28, 2015, 06:10:50 pm »

I look up at Flint's odd gesture, and rear up on my hindpaws for a moment so I can rest my forepaws on Flint's fist (and use it to steady myself on my hindpaws). From that position I nod twice.
Flint smiled.
"Heh. Good." he said as he twisted his hand and opened his palm to give Lyra a better grip.
"Do you... want to talk about it? Or about something else?" he added more quietly, not with curiosity, but with interest, as he looked into her eyes, still smiling slightly but a bit more serious now.
"I don't claim I can help, but I am willing to listen, if you feel like talking to someone."
They say that speaking about your problems. Then again, I'm the kind of person who prefers to not speak about these sorts of things, so what do I know? But, since it came up, the least I can do is offer to help. Let her know I'm willing to listen if she needs to speak to someone. Even if she doesn't feel like talking, it might help her feel better.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 06:12:23 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29627 on: September 28, 2015, 06:17:29 pm »

I pause for a bit, thinking on it, then hop down so I can use my wrist-comp.
Quote from: Lyra to Flint
People Scary.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29628 on: September 28, 2015, 06:28:16 pm »

"Yeah." Flint said with a small slow nod and a hint of sadness.
He waited for a few moments to see if Lyra had anything more to add and evaluate her state (as best as he could with her non-human body, anyway).
It's no use pushing her with questions if it's going to make her scared. Sometimes it might be best to stay quiet and wait for things to happen on their own.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29629 on: September 28, 2015, 06:30:53 pm »

o-okay...i have nothing waiting back home...is there a chance i can get revenge agasint them for...my parents if i stay and fight

"Yes, you can get revenge on them if you stay. We're constantly working on bringing them down." Who knows, she might even survive to actually see it happen.

"Isn't there some sort of research-y thing, too?  ...And I'm sorry to bother you, but quite simply you are the first person I have met who knows anything.  Where would you recommend I orient myself?"

"Do you mean those exploratory missions after alien knick-knacks? We do have a research team too, usually dedicated to figuring out how to weaponize the knick-knacks. And the virtual reality machines are a good idea. You can check the recordings of past missions too, to know how the people that came before you died."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29630 on: September 28, 2015, 06:41:04 pm »

T-Thank you Mister...you look really cool!abigail gives a little grinOH! I forgot im A-Abigail South
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29631 on: September 28, 2015, 07:00:39 pm »

People Accept Here
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29632 on: September 28, 2015, 07:33:15 pm »

"Do you mean those exploratory missions after alien knick-knacks? We do have a research team too, usually dedicated to figuring out how to weaponize the knick-knacks. And the virtual reality machines are a good idea. You can check the recordings of past missions too, to know how the people that came before you died."
"I meant more like, people to talk to, but thanks.  I'll certainly look into that research team."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29633 on: September 28, 2015, 07:36:13 pm »

People Accept Here
"Yeah." Flint said and nodded again, this time with a small smile.
"But not where you came from? None of them?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29634 on: September 28, 2015, 07:51:19 pm »

"mrowr"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29635 on: September 28, 2015, 08:05:37 pm »

"Pretty much a pile of shit. Sat out on the last one to see if the new team I assembled can get a mission done on their own." Milno replies, stretching his arms. "And Rookie's dead too, got involved in some magic event in the briefing room."

Lars shook his head.  "The flock is lost without their shepherd.  May his soul be safely carried to Steve's loving embrace."

He then looked at the newcomers.  "Hello, Brother Mycroft and Sister Abigail!  Welcome aboard the mighty vessel of Steve, the Paracelsus' Sword!  I am Brother Lars, the chaplain of this ship.  I am recovering after a bit of an incident in the last mission I was on, but I am always available to provide spiritual guidance!"

((If you're not aware, you're in Lars's infirmary room, where he's recovering in a tube of biogel.  He's now robot from around waist down.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29636 on: September 28, 2015, 08:10:17 pm »

"Did you ever wonder why? I ask myself that question a lot these days."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29637 on: September 28, 2015, 08:13:05 pm »

B-Brother lars? What happened how did you get so wounded
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29638 on: September 28, 2015, 08:21:39 pm »

"Did you ever wonder why? I ask myself that question a lot these days."
Alone

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29639 on: September 28, 2015, 08:36:04 pm »

B-Brother lars? What happened how did you get so wounded

"Ah, in our last mission we came up against an Arbiter of Peace, one of the most powerful weapons of the UWM.  I was injured, yes, but by the grace of Steve we were able to defeat the foe.  The shielding hands of Algis protected me from further harm.  Blessed be the will of Steve!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1974 1975 [1976] 1977 1978 ... 2101