_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1970 1971 [1972] 1973 1974 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926854 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #29565 on: September 25, 2015, 01:03:01 pm »

Turn in goods:
  • Half price: MKII suit (5 tokens), MKIII suit (13 tokens), MCP-2 suit (3 tokens), Microwave Amp (3 tokens), Force Infuser (2 tokens),   Monoatomic Machete (4 tokens). That's a total of 30/2 = 15 tokens.
  • Full price: Hoverboard (4 tokens), Stun Baton (1 token), Magnetic Field Manipulator (8 tokens), total of 13 tokens.
That should total up to 28 tokens.

Once that's done, see how much an Industrial Suit costs. Should be about 20, but we've never gotten a price on the full thing (helmet is 5 tokens). Get the exact price, and if it's not more than 23, get it and put it on.

If it's more expensive than that, well, get the Limiter Unlock instead so that we don't waste a turn. Check if it gets mutated away. If yes, obtain refund.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29566 on: September 25, 2015, 02:25:28 pm »

My glorious partners and friends how shall we devide and share in this? How will we use this technology?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29567 on: September 25, 2015, 02:27:40 pm »

"Well, we could sell some, and buy the most powerful artifact available from Nyars as a powerbase for our union."
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29568 on: September 25, 2015, 02:28:48 pm »

"Well, we could sell some, and buy the most powerful artifact available from Nyars as a powerbase for our union."
Explain, what are these artifacts and who is this Nyars?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29569 on: September 25, 2015, 02:38:46 pm »

"A... strange and puissant sorceror, who posesses many odd trinkets and weapons of an unfathomable quality and power."

Enquire about all and any free limbs, the more alien and twisted the better. Xenoraxic, skeletal, exoskeletal, pseudopodic, anything's good. If no joy with infirmary on this, try AM.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 02:46:18 pm by NJW2000 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29570 on: September 25, 2015, 03:09:37 pm »

Message to Ronald: "Steve told me he'd have the lab boys look for some solution for those arms, so for the moment just sit tight. They work fast, shouldn't take all that long I hope."

Message to Jackson and Christopher:
"Perhaps things aren't clear here. This is not the HMRC anymore, where whoever gets to  things first or brute forces it gets looting rights. Dead people's belongings go to the team fund for the betterment of all, unless someone specifically mentions wanting something different as a will. And since that does not seem to be the case, Rimma's tokens and equipment very much go to said fund. Now, me, and Milno far as I know, have been indifferent to this union of yours, and I was hoping things could stay this way. But if people start breaking the rules specifically in the name of your organisation, we might have to revise that opinion."

about Lyra, for bookkeeping:
-does she retain the dex bonus from the limiter unlock now that her body is destroyed and she's in a new one?
-does the +1dex/-1end alteration made with the deathcube (which worked by lowering her mass iirc) go away, or does it stay as well (aka it's linked to the brain)?

Not much.
Depends. It wouldn't have the "grinding" ability to tear through things, so it might get stuck.
Assuming you have a handle ending in the blade so it's somewhat easy to imagine where it is, it shouldn't be too bad.

So, in the 3 token range or so?

What would it be better or worse at then, specifically? I mean, one could always move the forceblade back and forth in a sawing motion to get about the same effect, right? And it would have the added benefit of being able to do stabbing motions, the blade not getting stuck in eg synthblood, the wire can't snap, ...

In terms of effectiveness, how would the forceblade compare when used on a regular robot, a battlesuit, an avatar, or an arbiter?

Would it cost a lot to add a very small electric discharge function that, when activated, lets a small bit of electricity run throught the projecting material in order to detonate it at will? Would this even work (and be reasonably fail-safe)?[/s]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:19:17 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29571 on: September 25, 2015, 03:25:07 pm »

Quote from: Christopher to Miyamoto
Dear Revolutionary general,

Sadly, I cannot control or thus be held responsible for any things done by members of the union or by individuals acting in the union's name or even interests, being merely a chairman, but would be ready to discuss this further, if you would so desire.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #29572 on: September 25, 2015, 03:29:24 pm »

Vladimir strolls through the corridors of the ship. He's got a backpack on him - a big block of cigarettes there - nice tobacco ones, some spare clothes, bottle of whiskey, a couple of pictures. He pulls a cig out of an ornate brass cigarette case and lights it with a brass cased zippo with the same pattern there is on cigarette case. His outfit is totally out of place, but that's pretty much all he got at this point. They issued him a nice bracelet computer - it looks kinda ridiculous along with the chain of the pocket watch hanging out of his vest pocket. Nevertheless, he is staring at the small screen and types messages, blowing the smoke into his wrist periodically:

Quote from: Vladimir Fedorov to general Miyamoto de Bergerac; c.c. Anton Chernozorov, Hephaestus
This is the new ARM recruit. Finally made it to Paracelsus' Sword. Heard some commotion is going on Hephaestus, and you lost some people in the accident over here at the ship. I thought I would dive right in and volunteer for that new assignment as a replacement, if possible.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:38:33 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29573 on: September 25, 2015, 03:50:58 pm »

Dear Revolutionary general,

Sadly, I cannot control or thus be held responsible for any things done by members of the union or by individuals acting in the union's name or even interests, being merely a chairman, but would be ready to discuss this further, if you would so desire.

Response:
well, there's several reasons for it:
Firstly, if I don't actually enforce the rule here when it's so blatantly being broken, then next time a comrade dies there'll be little to stop the quickest brute to just claim it all, meaning the money doesn't go to those who need it, newbies and underequippped troopers. And I, for one, do not intent on letting that become the norm again.
Secondly, if you as the leader of that union don't have a modicum of control over its members, that's all the more reason for me to put a stop to it. Otherwise it's just a loose gang of thugs with no accountability. So yes, if anyhting happens with that money, I will indeed have to hold you partially responsible, just like how I am responsible for all those under my command.
Thirdly, even if you cannot stop him from taking the stuff unlawfully and trying to give it to the union, you can then just decide to take those tokens and items and donate them to the fund as they should be.

So basically, if you want your union to have a future ahead of itself, don't let any of its members do things that are blatantly against the rules.

Vladimir enters the living quarters and strolls along the numbered doors. He's got a backpack on him - a block of cigarettes there, nice tobacco ones, some spare clothes, bottle of whiskey, a couple of pictures. He pulls a cig out of an ornate brass cigarette case and lights it with a plain steel zippo. His outfit is totally out of place, but that's pretty much all he got at this point. They issued him a nice bracelet computer - it looks kinda ridiculous along with the chain of the pocket watch hanging out of his vest pocket. Nevertheless, he is staring at the small screen and types messages, blowing the smoke into his wrist periodically:

Quote from: Vladimir Fedorov to general Miyamoto de Bergerac; c.c. Anton Chernozorov, Hephaestus
This is the new ARM recruit. Finally made it to Paracelsus' Sword. Heard some commotion is going on Hephaestus, and you lost some people in the accident over here at the ship. I thought I would dive right in and volunteer for that new assignment as a replacement, if possible.

If possible, get Mk.II and Civic Defender's coat from Player Market.

"Welcome aboard Vladimir. Yes, we sadly lost Rimma recently to an accident. A shame, she promised to be a good soldier. But, in times like these it is heartening to see such eagerness and enthusiasm from a new recruit.

Now, unless Anton objects, I'll add you to the volunteer list for M24."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 03:54:50 pm by Radio Controlled »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #29574 on: September 25, 2015, 04:04:23 pm »

"Welcome aboard Vladimir. Yes, we sadly lost Rimma recently to an accident. A shame, she promised to be a good soldier. But, in times like these it is heartening to see such eagerness and enthusiasm from a new recruit.

Now, unless Anton objects, I'll add you to the volunteer list for M24."

"Yeah, I figured your archives out. This a pretty neat engine you got running for your database, all accessible and editable. Read the file on that Rimma character. I hope she found peace along with her father now.
I'll just have a little drink while waiting for the mission to start. I sent a request for equipment, I'll procure it later though.
"

Get MCP-II and Gauss rifle. If it's on display, get the engraved one pawned by Yaroslav. Because it catches my eye and comes at the same price. Walk over to Impending doom, order some sort of lemonade, or maybe pepsi?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:34:03 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29575 on: September 25, 2015, 04:28:24 pm »

That's an entirely fair and understandeable viewpoint, but I'm trying not to set myself up as a leader here, and refuse to command any members to do anything, though I can strongly advise action to them. I hope you will understand that if individual members break the law, their joining of our group does not remove them from your responsibility, and does not put them under mine, either. In short, clean your own dirty washing, do not blame me if members give me tokens. The union is democratic, and I cannot do anything with team funds or members, unless a general consensus is reached. However, you do appear to have far greater strength of arms than any of us, so I suppose that if you decided to retake the tokens and gear, we can do nothing to stop you.

Also, as the majority of investors are new, and the majority of new people were given a chance to invest, is there anything you have against spending these tokens on a powerful artifact rather than three or four dinky guns? Perhaps the team fund could also make an investment in the Nyartifact token pool, and the matter resolved peaceablely?

"Hey guys, a grumpy man in a mechsuit may kill us all if we break the rules here, in order to stop the place descending into mindless darwinian might-makes-right thuggery, so he can take the tokens off the guy that died. Watch out for that. The original plan of the 5 token one might be better."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29576 on: September 25, 2015, 05:05:45 pm »

That's an entirely fair and understandeable viewpoint, but I'm trying not to set myself up as a leader here, and refuse to command any members to do anything, though I can strongly advise action to them. I hope you will understand that if individual members break the law, their joining of our group does not remove them from your responsibility, and does not put them under mine, either. In short, clean your own dirty washing, do not blame me if members give me tokens. The union is democratic, and I cannot do anything with team funds or members, unless a general consensus is reached. However, you do appear to have far greater strength of arms than any of us, so I suppose that if you decided to retake the tokens and gear, we can do nothing to stop you.

Also, as the majority of investors are new, and the majority of new people were given a chance to invest, is there anything you have against spending these tokens on a powerful artifact rather than three or four dinky guns? Perhaps the team fund could also make an investment in the Nyartifact token pool, and the matter resolved peaceablely?

"Hey guys, a grumpy man in a mechsuit may kill us all if we break the rules here, in order to stop the place descending into mindless darwinian might-makes-right thuggery, so he can take the tokens off the guy that died. Watch out for that. The original plan of the 5 token one might be better."

And I wouldn't have contacted you if Jackson actually responded to any message I send him, but he's either willfully ignoring them or doesn't seem to understand them, so I decided that contacting you would be more expedient, and prevent the money getting spent before the issue was cleared out. I don't want to go crackdown on people if things can be resolved in a better way, with dialogue, but that does lean on someone on the other party actually responding.

Also, while it is true that you cannot be directly blamed if people in the union do stupid things, if they specifically do them in the name of said union, and said union acknowledges them as valid members, then if I cannot work directly with the person I have to turn to whoever leads or represents said union, which is you as far as I know. And if a union, or even non-union, member makes a donation of, say, stolen tokens, then said union still has to follow the law and hand those tokens back.

Now, as for tokens, you can use (lawfully acquired) union tokens on whatever you want. I wouldn't recommend ot, but it's your money. I don't know if I can justify a direct donation from the team fund, since it'd be hard to directly explain that as a way to help new recruits or improve mission performance, but there might be something else I could do. For one, have you considered trying to find a good pill machine combination and sharing that between union members? For two, I know Simus has an artifact she isn't using, I could ask Steve if you guys could have it for testing. No promises on whether he'll allow that. And even if he does, this would be a one-time thing.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #29577 on: September 25, 2015, 06:16:32 pm »

Ask the AM if it's possible to buy a small tool kit for 1 token.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29578 on: September 25, 2015, 06:29:09 pm »

What metal is best at all of those on average, and which metals are the best in each of those resistance categories.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29579 on: September 25, 2015, 07:27:21 pm »

Jackson taps on his little wrist device and starts banging on it
Why is it bleeping and for god's sake why is there a bloody letter on it!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1970 1971 [1972] 1973 1974 ... 2101