_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1951 1952 [1953] 1954 1955 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927162 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: You just couldn't help yourselves.
« Reply #29280 on: August 19, 2015, 02:13:02 pm »

((Welcome to the forums, and please put that in a spoiler tag so it doesn't take up so much space. You'll be able to start once one of the wiki people makes a page for your character, and check if there's anything wrong.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29281 on: August 19, 2015, 03:23:30 pm »

((Welcome to the forums, and please put that in a spoiler tag so it doesn't take up so much space. You'll be able to start once one of the wiki people makes a page for your character, and check if there's anything wrong.))
[/quote
((Please, leave your sanity and common sense by the door))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29282 on: August 19, 2015, 03:40:40 pm »

Question about manips: in the new system, can you explain how one exactly uses a manip? Do you just input variables (heat to X degrees y metres away) and let 'er rip? If yes, could one 'prepare' a manip action by putting in the variables but not hitting 'execute' until needed? If yes, could this be used to regain reaction shots in a way, but only for a single prepared thing? For example, you prepare the input/calculations for putting up a forcewall, but wait with hitting execute until needed. And if you then need to do something else entirely, you first have to delete the prepared variables, wasting time.
((I have a question about this question. Is arming a bomb, for example for command detonation, an Uncon action or an Aux action? My guess is Aux, but that sort of makes your suggestion problematic because entering a set of coordinates into a manipulator without hitting Execute, is effectively arming a bomb. A bomb with a weird custom effect, but a bomb nevertheless. So you'd have to roll Aux to prime the manip without using it, and then Uncon to actually activate it instantly as long as you have it primed - or just roll Uncon to use it slowly as normal. Don't know if you want to give the manips that extra skill requirement, even if it does sort of bypass one of their weaknesses.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nunzillor

« Reply #29283 on: August 19, 2015, 03:43:46 pm »

Eddie frowned for a split second.  Then his smile returned, but it looked a little desperate this time.

"What?  The recruiter talked a lot about going to strange and exciting places for the government.  He was a UWM recruiter, you know.  I, uh, think there may have been some kind of mistake here.  Is this the HMRC?  Is there a commanding officer I could talk to?"

Express incredulity.  Ask to speak to a commanding officer.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:29:52 am by Nunzillor »

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29284 on: August 19, 2015, 03:50:07 pm »

Run and find someone who has experience with this sort of thing, also scream.
 ahhhhhhhhhhh

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29285 on: August 19, 2015, 03:56:19 pm »

"STAN 9 sounds interesting. I guess I'm watching that one! Oh, any other ones I should watch? To get an idea of who everyone is around here?"

Watch it. And other missions. IC knowledge gain time!
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29286 on: August 19, 2015, 04:24:58 pm »

Yeah, just write it as one big block of text describing the experiences in question. There's only so much one can do if one is strapped in and shuts up. I'd really like to get the treatment done someday, you know.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29287 on: August 19, 2015, 04:35:11 pm »

"STAN 9 sounds interesting. I guess I'm watching that one! Oh, any other ones I should watch? To get an idea of who everyone is around here?"

Watch it. And other missions. IC knowledge gain time!
May I watch this performance too?
go to the theater with a couple rotten apples, when I get bored throw an apple at the stage and scream 'do better!'
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29288 on: August 19, 2015, 04:45:21 pm »

((Aren't you on the opposite side of the ship?))

Anthony warily eyes the slightly wild eyed looking man before responding, "I don't really care, but don't cause a commotion. I'd kinda like to watch these in peace."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29289 on: August 19, 2015, 04:51:10 pm »

((Aren't you on the opposite side of the ship?))

Anthony warily eyes the slightly wild eyed looking man before responding, "I don't really care, but don't cause a commotion. I'd kinda like to watch these in peace."
would neal
I swear I will not do anything too radical or bad.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29290 on: August 19, 2015, 04:59:04 pm »

Christopher slumps in disbelief at the short attention spans of his fellow union members, and the short attitudes of the commanding officers on ship, not bothering to reply that the denial of the need for a union is often an indicator of one being needed. He slowly begins to realise the hopelessness of his entire life and situation, and decides that fifty-six reasonably happy years is enough.

After a quiet cry over where he has ended up, he purchases the force monosword from the armoury, as well as a set of uncon battlestimms, making the latter into a pill in desparation using the pill machine.

He composes the following will on his wristpad:

Quote from: Last will and testament of Christopher Pseudos, age 29/56
I have already reliquished all claims on any property not on-ship at this hour, and do bequeath my sword and armour, and my room, as well as any other tokens or things of use that I have gathered, to the foundation of the Common Soldier's Union on board this ship, that fewer poor souls should suffer and die, with this meagre fund controlled democratically by the few who attended our first meeting, and all subsequent members ready to prove faithful members of the CSU.

Finally, he takes a glass of whisky from the bar into a testing chamber, and, all alone in the vast empty echoing space, downs it in one, and the pill with it.

He then sits quietly in horror at the choice he has made, waiting for it to take effect.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:06:11 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29291 on: August 19, 2015, 06:44:35 pm »

1.The first test I'm not sure exactly what you're looking to find out.
2.Yeah, it survives none of those.
3.Well platelets don't heal do they? All they do is prevent bleeding. And they stop the bleeding basically instantly.
4.The standard venom is a Tetrodotoxin that inhibits sodium channels. Prevents neuron firing by not allowing them to form electrochemical gradients. Alternatively, you can get an Amatoxin, which inhibits mRNA production.  Neither are terribly fast, but the Amatoxin has a fatality rate of nearly 100%. Takes a long time to work though. We're talking over a week.
5.The bladed nails are sharp, very sharp, like an obsidian knife, but they won't make it through armor.
You want the Kisame model?

The first test is intended to test just how invisible the cloak makes the wearer - ie. how effective it actually is.

Auriel checks how long it takes for the Tetrodotoxin to take effect - and whether it's a "local" effect or affects the entire body.

Yes, sure, let's take a look at the Kisame model.

Additionally, Auriel will take a closer look at the invisibility cloak, to see the mechanism it uses to actually make the user invisible - more specifically, if it's possible to work the same effect into actual armor. If it is possible, I'll switch over to the Tinker thread.

Furthermore, she tests the effects of bladed nails both on unarmored and armored targets - to see what kind of damage it does to unarmored targets (ie. "comparable to monorazor, or a sword, or?"), and to see if they would "break" upon hitting armor, if they're like obsidian.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:50:39 pm by HFS »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29292 on: August 19, 2015, 09:52:01 pm »

You would have to send messages through steve.

Depends what you consider big enough to move around in. They're about 12 by 12. Is that enough?
((Curses.))

Better play it safe. On movement room, not structural and fleshbeing damage; find a nice open room without a lot of people in it. Didn't we have a cursed boxing ring or something?

Then off we go:

Either way, begin testing berserk mode:

-How aware do I remain while berserking? Can I still think and change my mind on things, or does it focus me pretty much entirely on KILL MURDER MAIM?
-Related to the above, say I decide to destroy a certain chair in a different room, berserk mode, and then attempt to change my mind while in berserk mode. Does that work or fail, and why and how? (Also, preferably set berserk timer for short enough that I can't reach the chair in time)
-How badly does it stress out my body and mind?
-Related, how annoyed does the medical staff get when I show up with minor wounds asking to be treated despite not having been on mission at all?
-Does repeated short-term use seem to have any effects, either on its own (stress, agitation, exhaustion) or in relation to itself (better control, more severe rage, Eric assuming direct control)?

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29293 on: August 20, 2015, 04:47:18 pm »

Push B3, C4, F4, H8, H1.
Recall results of last turns science.

Spoiler: last turns science (click to show/hide)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29294 on: August 20, 2015, 09:33:21 pm »

Go buy a mind stim, then head back to my room. Take one stim and touch another vial of Amiable Amber under the Shroud.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 1951 1952 [1953] 1954 1955 ... 2101