_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1950 1951 [1952] 1953 1954 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927102 times)

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: You just couldn't help yourselves.
« Reply #29265 on: August 16, 2015, 03:31:37 pm »

(Should I head over to the Tinker thread? I want to test pre-existing weapons and such, not create new ones (yet).)
((If you're not creating new designs, it's just regular VR and occurs in this thread.))

(Got it.)

Auriel performs the following tests in the VR:

Spoiler: Auriel's Testing (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29266 on: August 16, 2015, 07:36:49 pm »

((Damn. No pen pals for me.))

First things first, ask Steve if there's an easy way for me to get into contact with the Doc, and who the next best science person around here/on Haephestus would be if not.

Next, if quarantine rooms are big enough to move around in, get into one and begin testing. If not, just pick a wide open room without anything delicate in it and figure it'll work out.

Either way, begin testing berserk mode:

-How aware do I remain while berserking? Can I still think and change my mind on things, or does it focus me pretty much entirely on KILL MURDER MAIM?
-Related to the above, say I decide to destroy a certain chair in a different room, berserk mode, and then attempt to change my mind while in berserk mode. Does that work or fail, and why and how? (Also, preferably set berserk timer for short enough that I can't reach the chair in time)
-How badly does it stress out my body and mind?
-Related, how annoyed does the medical staff get when I show up with minor wounds asking to be treated despite not having been on mission at all?
-Does repeated short-term use seem to have any effects, either on its own (stress, agitation, exhaustion) or in relation to itself (better control, more severe rage, Eric assuming direct control)?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29267 on: August 17, 2015, 02:44:51 am »

"I...huh. Hmm, I dunno. Any past missions that were notable? Oddly funny or had an extremely improbable sequence of events, I guess. Or any that could be considered land mark missions. Yeah, let's go with that."

Talky talk
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29268 on: August 17, 2015, 07:16:04 am »

Well, it's like this: You could just convert the ground into a big lump of rare earth magnets, but that would be very hard and as such give you less. Or, if the composition of the ground is right, such as if it was made of metal, you could just cause the metal to take on a magnetic force in the same way you can magnetize an iron bar with a solenoid and DC power.  The point is that that it is far easier to manipulate things to change using existent natural processes then to simply will something into existence.

I thought it'd be possible to alter the properties of the particles in the ground such that they became magnetic, in the way a computer programmer could alter the wooden floor of a game level by changing a variable from 'MAGNETIC:NO' to MAGNETIC:YES'.

Alternatively, could I create a downward-pointing magnetic field to get the same effect? Though I guess that's not ideal either due to the whole 'no permanent effects' thing.

As per emp....Well the method people seem to use now-a-days either involves nuclear explosions or Explosively pumped flux compression generators. Alternatively you could just fart it out of nowhere, which is probably the least technical but hardest method. You'd probably do better to create them via using some kind of existing medium and then affecting it in the right way with your manip. Be the explosive behind the Explosively pumped flux compression generator, or similar.

Nice wikipedia work there. But I'm not sure how that'd work to be honest, at least without using external hardware. Any ideas on that?

The only thing I can think of maybe is trying to use the mechanism behind EMP generation during a nuclear explosion, and try to recreate that somehow? Or throw an actual nuke (or smaller explosive) and use the manip to increase EMP generation while diminishing the explosion?

And how hard would it really be to create one out of thin air?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:27:17 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29269 on: August 17, 2015, 05:19:32 pm »

Milno leaves the test room only to discover there's some union bullshit going on, so he naturally thinks that idea is retarded. Instead of striding over to where Christopher is and facing him directly, he simply sends a wristpad message before bringing up the jump rocket pack on his datapad to read on its specifics.
Quote from: Milno to Union Guy
What's up with this union thing and why don't you want any generals around? If you're planning a mutiny within ARM or even just creating your own band of dumbass goons, I have to say that's retarded and you should give up now.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29270 on: August 17, 2015, 05:51:08 pm »

Christopher politely sends a memo back specifying unacceptability of the derogatory term "retarded" in an open and accepting working environment(s), and promising to undertake no action he feels would not result in net benefit for the workers of HMRC. He then explains that, while the presence of generals in the meeting(s) would be fine and even welcome, though the possibility of the employer(s)/commander(s) joining the union itself set up in order to maintain a fair and steady power balance between them and the workers is sadly not available.

He sends a further memo specifying that the CSU's main aim would involve the protection and organization of the workers, as well as the reduction of the not ideal death rate, and that he has no intention of setting himself up with anything more than an administrative position in the union, which must be controlled by the democratic process employed by the members themselves.
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29271 on: August 17, 2015, 06:04:50 pm »

Christopher politely sends a memo back specifying unacceptability of the derogatory term "retarded" in an open and accepting working environment(s), and promising to undertake no action he feels would not result in net benefit for the workers of HMRC. He then explains that, while the presence of generals in the meeting(s) would be fine and even welcome, though the possibility of the employer(s)/commander(s) joining the union itself set up in order to maintain a fair and steady power balance between them and the workers is sadly not available.

He sends a further memo specifying that the CSU's main aim would involve the protection and organization of the workers, as well as the reduction of the not ideal death rate, and that he has no intention of setting himself up with anything more than an administrative position in the union, which must be controlled by the democratic process employed by the members themselves.
would nod
I can only agree with you good sir
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29272 on: August 17, 2015, 10:34:24 pm »

Set up a "donation box" next to nyars for items that can be placed in the pill machine.
Donate an EMP claymore, a thermal camera, a robo-arm, and a working PDA. [wiki gnomes need only remove the pda from my sheet, the rest have no listed quantities.]

Terms of use for box are as follows:
Anyone can place items in the box as long as they are not sources of, or being actively affected by, space magic.
Items can only be removed from the donation box if they are to be immediately used in the pill machine.
Pills made from these items must be ingested immediately, although the creator need not be the ingesting individual.

Set up my shuriken casting mold and create another shuriken using my gold nuggets as the casting material.
Auron is greedy, i should have grabbed a decently sized amount of gold, enough for at least a shuriken or two.

do more PM deathcube science.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 01:23:11 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nunzillor

« Reply #29273 on: August 18, 2015, 02:26:17 am »

Figured I'd give it another go.  Hopefully this one will be a little more low-key.
Spoiler: Eddie Vazquez (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 02:37:54 am by Nunzillor »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29274 on: August 18, 2015, 08:38:58 am »

This is a military revolution, not some factory or office. You either accept the risks and orders or you simply ask to be discharged and left in the first ARM-controlled world we come across. That means no union, secret organization or cult.

Armory, purchase Dex and Will battle stims, one each.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nunzillor

« Reply #29275 on: August 19, 2015, 11:56:19 am »

Eddie picked himself up from the disgusting stasis gel congealing on the floor with a smile.  As much as he could smile while coughing up liquid, that is.  He glanced around, saw the sign for the armory, and went there after putting on some clothes.

"Hello there!  My name is Eddie Vazquez, reporting for HMRC duty!  What's your name, ma'am?  First of all, I'd really like to thank you and the UWM for this wonderful opportunity!  Secondly, I'm ready for training and I'd like to know where to report to."

Ask the kind looking woman her name.  Then, ask her where to go for basic UWM training.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:02:46 pm by Nunzillor »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29276 on: August 19, 2015, 12:41:31 pm »

Strap self in. Mr Ivans Wild Ride awaits.

Is this going to be several turns of waiting, by the way? Or can we get to the fun parts quick-like?

You wanna skip through everything till the juice hits your CNS?

Send a memo to NJW(I have no idea what his IC nme is) asking about joining this union that I've seen pamphlets for. Then touch, twist, taste, and smell the cloth, drape the cloth over my arm and wait
You grab the cloth by one edge and the ends of it stab into your skin. It seems like a mildly painful nuisance until you see the metallic mesh starting to move on its own, crawling up and under your skin.

After conversations, Auriel starts exploring the area and eventually stumbles across the VR machines. Immediately, she gets into one to experiment.

(Should I head over to the Tinker thread? I want to test pre-existing weapons and such, not create new ones (yet).)
Testing things can be done here. Modifications of any kind are in tinker.

((If you're not creating new designs, it's just regular VR and occurs in this thread.))

(Got it.)

Auriel performs the following tests in the VR:

Spoiler: Auriel's Testing (click to show/hide)
1.The first test I'm not sure exactly what you're looking to find out.
2.Yeah, it survives none of those.
3.Well platelets don't heal do they? All they do is prevent bleeding. And they stop the bleeding basically instantly.
4.The standard venom is a Tetrodotoxin that inhibits sodium channels. Prevents neuron firing by not allowing them to form electrochemical gradients. Alternatively, you can get an Amatoxin, which inhibits mRNA production.  Neither are terribly fast, but the Amatoxin has a fatality rate of nearly 100%. Takes a long time to work though. We're talking over a week.
5.The bladed nails are sharp, very sharp, like an obsidian knife, but they won't make it through armor.
You want the Kisame model?

((Damn. No pen pals for me.))

First things first, ask Steve if there's an easy way for me to get into contact with the Doc, and who the next best science person around here/on Haephestus would be if not.

Next, if quarantine rooms are big enough to move around in, get into one and begin testing. If not, just pick a wide open room without anything delicate in it and figure it'll work out.

Either way, begin testing berserk mode:

-How aware do I remain while berserking? Can I still think and change my mind on things, or does it focus me pretty much entirely on KILL MURDER MAIM?
-Related to the above, say I decide to destroy a certain chair in a different room, berserk mode, and then attempt to change my mind while in berserk mode. Does that work or fail, and why and how? (Also, preferably set berserk timer for short enough that I can't reach the chair in time)
-How badly does it stress out my body and mind?
-Related, how annoyed does the medical staff get when I show up with minor wounds asking to be treated despite not having been on mission at all?
-Does repeated short-term use seem to have any effects, either on its own (stress, agitation, exhaustion) or in relation to itself (better control, more severe rage, Eric assuming direct control)?

You would have to send messages through steve.

Depends what you consider big enough to move around in. They're about 12 by 12. Is that enough?

"I...huh. Hmm, I dunno. Any past missions that were notable? Oddly funny or had an extremely improbable sequence of events, I guess. Or any that could be considered land mark missions. Yeah, let's go with that."

Talky talk
"The China 9 one is pretty good. Or STAN 9 from outerspace."

Well, it's like this: You could just convert the ground into a big lump of rare earth magnets, but that would be very hard and as such give you less. Or, if the composition of the ground is right, such as if it was made of metal, you could just cause the metal to take on a magnetic force in the same way you can magnetize an iron bar with a solenoid and DC power.  The point is that that it is far easier to manipulate things to change using existent natural processes then to simply will something into existence.

I thought it'd be possible to alter the properties of the particles in the ground such that they became magnetic, in the way a computer programmer could alter the wooden floor of a game level by changing a variable from 'MAGNETIC:NO' to MAGNETIC:YES'.

Alternatively, could I create a downward-pointing magnetic field to get the same effect? Though I guess that's not ideal either due to the whole 'no permanent effects' thing.

As per emp....Well the method people seem to use now-a-days either involves nuclear explosions or Explosively pumped flux compression generators. Alternatively you could just fart it out of nowhere, which is probably the least technical but hardest method. You'd probably do better to create them via using some kind of existing medium and then affecting it in the right way with your manip. Be the explosive behind the Explosively pumped flux compression generator, or similar.

Nice wikipedia work there. But I'm not sure how that'd work to be honest, at least without using external hardware. Any ideas on that?

The only thing I can think of maybe is trying to use the mechanism behind EMP generation during a nuclear explosion, and try to recreate that somehow? Or throw an actual nuke (or smaller explosive) and use the manip to increase EMP generation while diminishing the explosion?

And how hard would it really be to create one out of thin air?

It would. But the farther you get from the starting point, the harder it is. Carbon to oxygen is easier then carbon to uranium. Putting magnetic properties onto something that can be made magnetic normally is easier then putting it on something that wouldn't be able to be magnetic normally. So yeah, you can make a dirt clod into a super magnet, I'm just saying that if you use a metal floor instead of a dirt one, you'll get a bigger or more powerful effect comparatively.

Yeah, I don't know shit about this. I mean, yeah, you can create it out of thin air. That would probably be like...couple hundred feet in radius.

This is a military revolution, not some factory or office. You either accept the risks and orders or you simply ask to be discharged and left in the first ARM-controlled world we come across. That means no union, secret organization or cult.

Armory, purchase Dex and Will battle stims, one each.
Wiki
Figured I'd give it another go.  Hopefully this one will be a little more low-key.
Spoiler: Eddie Vazquez (click to show/hide)
Wiki

Eddie picked himself up from the disgusting stasis gel congealing on the floor with a smile.  As much as he could smile while coughing up liquid, that is.  He glanced around, saw the sign for the armory, and went there after putting on some clothes.

"Hello there!  My name is Eddie Vazquez, reporting for HMRC duty!  What's your name, ma'am?  First of all, I'd really like to thank you and the UWM for this wonderful opportunity!  Secondly, I'm ready for training and I'd like to know where to report to."

Ask the kind looking woman her name.  Then, ask her where to go for basic UWM training.
"I'm the Armory master and We're fighting the UWM." She says, raising an eyebrow.

Set up a "donation box" next to nyars for items that can be placed in the pill machine.
Donate an EMP claymore, a thermal camera, a robo-arm, and a working PDA. [wiki gnomes need only remove the pda from my sheet, the rest have no listed quantities.]

Terms of use for box are as follows:
Anyone can place items in the box as long as they are not sources of, or being actively affected by, space magic.
Items can only be removed from the donation box if they are to be immediately used in the pill machine.
Pills made from these items must be ingested immediately, although the creator need not be the ingesting individual.

Set up my shuriken casting mold and create another shuriken using my gold nuggets as the casting material.
Auron is greedy, i should have grabbed a decently sized amount of gold, enough for at least a shuriken or two.

do more PM deathcube science.

Ok.

Ok, gold shurikens. Very bling.

I don't see the PM. Resend it to me if you can. I've been losing a lot of them recently I think.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #29277 on: August 19, 2015, 01:19:50 pm »

No, I mean you're not just gonna get the blue shard, you're gonna get all the other components in there as well, the metal, the wires the lead shielding, etc. Might make it hard to tell what came from what.

Rimma thinks a little, then speaks again:
- If it is possible to remove the wires, it would be good. I would like to keep the shielding and the metal case around it though. I'm not very good with hardware, I think I'll mess the whole thing up if I try.
Do you think the entire blaster pistol could be made in a pill?

Talkity talk

Missed a thing
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29278 on: August 19, 2015, 01:30:08 pm »

Yeah, I don't know shit about this. I mean, yeah, you can create it out of thin air. That would probably be like...couple hundred feet in radius.

So, if I wanted to create one powerful enough to, say, deactivate a battlesuit, in a radius of a hundred feet, I could do that?

Question about manips: in the new system, can you explain how one exactly uses a manip? Do you just input variables (heat to X degrees y metres away) and let 'er rip? If yes, could one 'prepare' a manip action by putting in the variables but not hitting 'execute' until needed? If yes, could this be used to regain reaction shots in a way, but only for a single prepared thing? For example, you prepare the input/calculations for putting up a forcewall, but wait with hitting execute until needed. And if you then need to do something else entirely, you first have to delete the prepared variables, wasting time.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29279 on: August 19, 2015, 02:03:03 pm »

CHARACTER

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:58:11 pm by Toine »
Pages: 1 ... 1950 1951 [1952] 1953 1954 ... 2101