_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1942 1943 [1944] 1945 1946 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933245 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: You just couldn't help yourselves.
« Reply #29145 on: July 22, 2015, 09:23:13 am »

flip someone off
((Yer ... um. You're not on the ship.Well, you're on a ship. Just not this one.))
((No, remalle is putting in actions for her disembodied hand.
Don't question it.))
((yes, I know. Manuel is not on the Sword.))
(((yah he is, he was on Henk's head when he tried to kidnap Ozark))))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29146 on: July 22, 2015, 09:25:24 am »

((Someone's action was scooping the hand into a sample jar and shipping it to hep, and since Rem hadn't posted in a while PW said ok))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29147 on: July 22, 2015, 09:27:01 am »

Hmm my sword again eh?

switch the positions of my exosuit and sword then push B2, C4, G4, E6, H1 again.

locations are now as follows:
the mk1 is behind me,  the EMP claymore is off to the left and the reiterpallasch is to the right of the DEATHCUBE whilst my exosuit (and rifle) is in front of it.
order of closeness is tongs+pda (on my person), exosuit (and therefore shield and rifle), mk1, reiterpallasch, EMP claymore.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29148 on: July 22, 2015, 11:05:44 pm »

Milno leaves the VR for a moment and heads towards the testing room to check on something.

Poke the "new model" laser rifle and gauss rifle with the mechanist gauntlet to understand their workings and all that jazz.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29149 on: July 23, 2015, 11:26:33 am »

So, before the last mission I got somewhat mangled and then had surgery performed on me. I assume that has healed by now, did I get any scars from that? What's my appearance now?
Also, pick room 13 if it's available and set a password.

I forget how you were injured, but you'd probably have a few small scars if you were healed technologically. If you went old school and just got patched up and healed normal, you'd have larger ones.

Get that robotic interface thing and a couple robob bodies
I forget if the interface costs money, I don't think so, but bodies would.

So is there anything you actually wanna gain from this training or are we just setting up character actions for while you're on the ship?

It would be nice to get a point or two here or there, of course, but that seems unfair to all the other folks who put their lives on the line out there, so mostly setting up the character.

Also, take room 317. Set current in-game date as a password and make a note of it in my wristpad.
Okie dokie

Get that robotic interface thing and a couple robob bodies

To be more specific, consider a setup like this:

• 4 standard robobodies with built-in QEC communicators instead of brains.
  • A holding tank for Cthunkan's brain to be kept back on ship, hooked up to a QEC comm linked with the robobodies.
  • Some sort of procedure or machine/brain hybridization to let the brain send out four different outputs corresponding to the four different minds and receive information from the same.
  • A setup that lets us switch minds between them at will and optionally let one mind control two or more bodies at their allowance.

Is this possible? Furthermore, is this possible with a 30-40 token expense and the donation of Cthunkan's flesh-body to science? Consult the Armory Master and R&D and Infirmary, see if they can't figure something out.

Obvious tradeoffs to work with this would be the same system for skill gains, permadeath constituting considerable loss of tokens (QEC comms probably don't come cheap), information-level mindfuck affecting all four at the same time and so forth.

Ah but the problem here is that you've shown yourself capable only of expressing one mind at a time. Before you try this, you might want to try using multiple minds at once. Because if you can't do this, then that has no purpose.

So, thee was some light tinkering I'd like to do, but you haven't updated the tinker thread in a long while, and irc isn't a good option right now. Do you think you could maybe update tinker thread again, or can I just do my tinkering in here, seeing as how this thread at least is being updated regularly?

Similarly, any chance the Hep thread gets updated? I'd like to start working on our artifact backlog for a bit.

I'll update both.

flip someone off
You sit in your jar and flip off anyone that walks by.

Hmm my sword again eh?

switch the positions of my exosuit and sword then push B2, C4, G4, E6, H1 again.

locations are now as follows:
the mk1 is behind me,  the EMP claymore is off to the left and the reiterpallasch is to the right of the DEATHCUBE whilst my exosuit (and rifle) is in front of it.
order of closeness is tongs+pda (on my person), exosuit (and therefore shield and rifle), mk1, reiterpallasch, EMP claymore.

B2 resists being pushed down.

Milno leaves the VR for a moment and heads towards the testing room to check on something.

Poke the "new model" laser rifle and gauss rifle with the mechanist gauntlet to understand their workings and all that jazz.
Yeah, you got the roll.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29150 on: July 23, 2015, 11:38:16 am »

Ok one of you move the right hand while I move the left hand so that we clap!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29151 on: July 23, 2015, 11:41:29 am »

Good point! Move the right hand of this body while Henk moves the left one, letting the hands come together in a glorious clapping fashion.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #29152 on: July 23, 2015, 11:53:08 am »

During free time, go to the theatre and observe Joker team if possible. If not, go find Cthunkan and observe its behaviour.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29153 on: July 23, 2015, 03:18:20 pm »

I'll update both.

Thank you muchly.

How much would it cost to have the damage to my manip brain repaired?

In VR: How big an explosion can I make with a 13-token brain for a universal manip without it getting damaged, starting from a rested brain? Also, what is the most efficient way to create big kabooms? I've been converting and compressing uranium I think, is this efficient?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29154 on: July 24, 2015, 10:45:35 am »

Now see what exactly made the new gauss rifle rapid-firing and if it can easily be implemented in the older versions.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29155 on: July 26, 2015, 07:23:50 am »

Cooperate with other poor fools in Cthunkan.

(Goldsmith's law, I do as they say, no internet)
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29156 on: July 28, 2015, 11:55:32 am »

Cooperate with other poor fools in Cthunkan.

(Goldsmith's law, I do as they say, no internet)
Goldsmith's law is: "The only way to be absolutely sure no one will answer your question with a lie, is to ask no questions at all."

Related to the famous quote by Oliver goldsmith: "Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no fibs", often modernized as "Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies".

invoked by the AM as a sort of "I plead the fifth" about the suffering of manipulator brains.

Just gonna define that since I didn't at the time.

Good point! Move the right hand of this body while Henk moves the left one, letting the hands come together in a glorious clapping fashion.

It works! Turns out you can each puppet different parts of the body at once. That could be useful.

During free time, go to the theatre and observe Joker team if possible. If not, go find Cthunkan and observe its behaviour.
We can say you're watching them, though you probably shouldn't be able to.

I'll update both.

Thank you muchly.

How much would it cost to have the damage to my manip brain repaired?

In VR: How big an explosion can I make with a 13-token brain for a universal manip without it getting damaged, starting from a rested brain? Also, what is the most efficient way to create big kabooms? I've been converting and compressing uranium I think, is this efficient?

A fair bit, if at all.

Creating nuclear explosions like that is probably the most efficient, minus just summoning up anti-matter. And you're talking about 0 to 100% usage, but not over into damaging right?

Now see what exactly made the new gauss rifle rapid-firing and if it can easily be implemented in the older versions.
They basically just took the big old capacitor and replaced it with several smaller ones. Smaller bursts of energy but you can charge them in sequence and fire faster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29157 on: July 28, 2015, 12:02:15 pm »

WELL THEN!

• A holding tank for Cthunkan's brain to be kept back on ship, hooked up to a QEC comm linked with the robobodies.
  • Some sort of procedure or machine/brain hybridization to let the brain send out four different outputs corresponding to the four different minds and receive information from the same.
  • A setup that lets us switch minds between them at will and optionally let one mind control two or more bodies at their allowance.

Is this possible? Furthermore, is this possible with a 30-40 token expense and the donation of Cthunkan's flesh-body to science? Consult the Armory Master and R&D and Infirmary, see if they can't figure something out.

Obvious tradeoffs to work with this would be the same system for skill gains, permadeath constituting considerable loss of tokens (QEC comms probably don't come cheap), information-level mindfuck affecting all four at the same time and so forth.

Yes? No? Maybe with some miscellaneous fuckery attached?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29158 on: July 28, 2015, 12:07:10 pm »

WELL THEN!

Yes? No? Maybe with some miscellaneous fuckery attached?
perhaps we can keep the cuthukan body too! that way we can do even more damage and madness!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29159 on: July 28, 2015, 12:08:36 pm »

perhaps we can keep the cuthukan body too! that way we can do even more damage and madness!

ahem.

we'd have to lash it to a QEC comm either way, so might as well get rid of it. also, flesh is weak. let's check if this is feasible first.
Pages: 1 ... 1942 1943 [1944] 1945 1946 ... 2101