_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1933 1934 [1935] 1936 1937 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931360 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: You just couldn't help yourselves.
« Reply #29010 on: July 14, 2015, 05:50:07 pm »

Go into VR and begin some basic flight training to get used to the system tweak settings in real suit depending on results of this testing
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29011 on: July 14, 2015, 06:59:01 pm »

Quote from: Dubley Steptimus | To: Flint Westwood
Basically a giant under-barrel switchblade? Sure can do my friend. It'll be spring powered, but I'll upgrade it when I get my hands on a working motor.
Quote from: Flint Westwood | To: Dubley Steptimus
Thanks man. Really appreciate it.
Just want a way to make it "safe", like how you can turn the monorazors on and off and that seemed like the easiest way to do it.

Xael goes to meet Flint in the Briefing room.
Flint looked up, finished writing his response on Gilgamesh's keyboard and put his hands back into the control cuffs so he could use them to express himself.
"Ah, good, you're here."

"As I said, I would try to give you something useful to you, something you couldn't obtain on your own. I was thinking, 'what could be useful to someone'? I was going to craft some armour or weapon for you. But then you got chosen for all that funny business the Joker has cooking up. I can't really top off anything you can get in an unlimited budget mission. Anything, except this."

Flint carefully removed a bag from his backpack and held it in his palm which lay open in front of Ms Smirnova.

"So I got thinking, what could I offer that you could not get? What would be useful? What would a man trying to hide what he is doing value the most? I bet, the most useful thing to have when someone is looking for you is a way to... disappear? To move unnoticed? Become invisible? Well, this thing will do exactly that, for a limited time."

"It was a present from Steve. Learned what it does after I saw it being used on a mission. But I cannot use it, since I'm usually inside this battlesuit. But as long as you are organic and not using a battlesuit, it should work for you, better than any stealth equipment. Just need to do something for the sound."

"Now, I know that Badger Bond has an 'avoid space magic like the plague' policy, so you should probably try to honour that. If you think using this thing is a good idea, then let him or your team leader know about it, if you can. You know, try to get permission. And be sure to look for technological alternatives, in case you can afford the technology to do what this thing does."

"What do you say? You want it?"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #29012 on: July 14, 2015, 07:27:38 pm »

Head to the bar. Order a glass of beer. Drink beer.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29013 on: July 14, 2015, 07:55:25 pm »

"A thing like that would be useful. But, uh... what is it, exactly?"
((Because I have no idea.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29014 on: July 14, 2015, 07:59:04 pm »

Hey guys, when we go see the AM can we ick up some schizophrenia pills, don't know if it transferred over with the melding, but just to be safe.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29015 on: July 14, 2015, 10:09:58 pm »

"A thing like that would be useful. But, uh... what is it, exactly?"
((Because I have no idea.))
"I dunno. Magic. Maybe. Or maybe it's nanobots. Or maybe it's tiny leprechauns holding mirrors. Point is, it makes you invisible. Want it?"
((http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Christmas_Drinking_Party#Potion_41))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29016 on: July 14, 2015, 10:22:15 pm »

"Yeah, I'll take it. Magic's better than nothing."
Nab POTION FOURTY-ONE from Flint.
Then go VR and practice sticking a syringe into the neck of a MCP1 clad man, Doctor-style.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29017 on: July 14, 2015, 11:16:19 pm »

With the fun and games over with, Yancy goes ahead and buys an exo and a Sibilius, then hits the VR and loads Punch Many Things until mission time.
Wiki the buying, punch for the rest.

((I take it I'm NOT in the VR then? :P Sorry about that, just not sure what to do while waiting for mission to start...I know! I'll do this thing called "mingling" with prospective teamates!))

Rather than VR, Yancy instead looks at the mission list and chooses a teammate at random to get to know.
"Hiyo, the name's Yancy Hargraves, and it seems we'll be on the same mission together. Wanted to say hi and gfet to know my teamates."
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29018 on: July 14, 2015, 11:27:28 pm »

With the fun and games over with, Yancy goes ahead and buys an exo and a Sibilius, then hits the VR and loads Punch Many Things until mission time.

((I take it I'm NOT in the VR then? :P Sorry about that, just not sure what to do while waiting for mission to start...I know! I'll do this thing called "mingling" with prospective teamates!))

Rather than VR, Yancy instead looks at the mission list and chooses a teammate at random to get to know.
"Hiyo, the name's Yancy Hargraves, and it seems we'll be on the same mission together. Wanted to say hi and gfet to know my teamates."

(((1. It just happens to be CUthukan who is currently talking to himself :P)))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29019 on: July 15, 2015, 09:40:57 am »

Bend my sword slightly to see if it has become super rigid, or super brittle.

continue with the deathcube science afterwards.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29020 on: July 15, 2015, 10:13:08 am »

The protectorate suit...ask what?
It looks like it never got transferred over to the new stat system.
Hm. Do you really want it now or is it something that can wait?

Go to the armory. Mutter about the Avatar increasing in price as soon as I can afford it, then purchase the following:
  • Neural Tissue Strengthening Genemod (6 tokens)
  • MkIII + MCP undersuit (10 tokens)
  • The MkIII rocket fuel sealant (3 tokens)
  • CamEyes Implant (5 tokens)

Sell my MFM and brain back to the armory for 4 tokens. (Brain was purchased separately.)
If I notice Dubley working on his laser scrapcannon in the workshop while passing by, donate my MCP-I to his project.

]
Done, wiki, etc

Elias offers Cthunkan the clothes it had requested.
)I grabbed you the clothes you had asked for, if you want them.
Give Cthunkan clothes and go to room to get MCP-1. Stay in room and look up information about the ARM.

We'll assume they get dressed. Probably best to assume that.

EDIT: Are there different sized Avatars, like there are different sized Titans in WH40k?

I'll be using my 18 tokens to buy the following (already put them in the wiki, just writing it here in case there are objections):

• A battlesuit sized monoatmoic forceblade bayonet (4 tokens) for opening doors and hitting things with energy absorbing or ridiculously strong armour. (Imagine the enemy armour getting sliced by the blade and the resulting weakspot immediately getting vaporised by the beam of the energy weapon it is attached to.)
  • A universal chem thrower with an extra sticky goop canister (3+1 tokens) for civilians, trapping things I can't or don't want to kill and closing atmospheric breaches.
  • A neural tissue strengthening genemod (6 tokens) for obvious reasons.
  • And a heavy gauss cannon grav shell round (4 tokens) for use as a bomb, grenade or a last resort suicide weapon against heavily armoured targets.

If I don't end up using the g-shell, it will be used in combination with the Heavy Gauss Cannon (once I buy it) to kill heavily armoured targets.

Now all I need is the tokens to buy a Heavy Gauss Cannon and I'm set. Doing that because I want to have a kinetic weapon, because I'm full of energy/spacemagic weapons right now.

Assuming I survive, of course.
Fair enough. Seems fine to me.

And no, currently there is only one form of avatar. 
Go to the armory.  Verify the battlesuit legs have been fixed; pay any cost for it if there is one.  Also get a quote on non-nuclear rounds (and nuclear, for completion) for the Battlesuit Cannon.  Are there any other rounds available?
The repairs were free.

As per cost of rounds, do you want self guiding or just big metal rounds?
New suggested action for Cthunkan: before going to the theater to watch a nice film, go and ask the Armory Master if she thinks she could separate one or more of us out of the collective without causing serious damage to everyone in the process.

shouldn't take long, right? and i think it's on the way, actually.

"The short answer is probably not." The armory master replies, "I could try, and I might succeed, but I'm not entirely sure whose mind is where in your brain. There's only one brain in there, after all. What will probably happen is you'll end up with a big guy with lesser abilities and a little guy with...well, what amounts to brain damage."

"If I choose to retire from this active revolution business, can I keep the equipment I have acquired so far? If not, then how much I could keep? Genemods are probably impossible to give back, but could I keep implants such as these neat cameyes?"

A question for Steve.

I head to my room and grab my backback, hydraulic cutter and crowbar from the locker. Would that bulletproof vest from mission 16 fit under MK III? If yes, then I wear it as well.

I also want to tinker a pain suit but Ulrich isn't tinker oriented and you never stay in IRC long enough. Or join early enough. And I don't want to gain attention of every anomaly monster either by looking like the guy who murdered their entire family...

You can keep anything you have.

Wiki that stuff.

What exactly is a pain suit?

Quote from: Vanessa Anagrid -> Steve
What exactly was that thing that just stopped by the infirmary and was told it was all one brain? It was a tad perturbing.

Ask Steve question to gain IC knowledge of Cthunkan
Consider IC knowledge gained.

Tek goes to the Pantheon and creates a small comb statue with shovel scrap metal.  He places the statue on the floor directly under the center of the mural of Pathmas.

Accept this, comb.  Know that Tek follows you still.
Ok.

Not gonna ask why you choose a comb.

"I'd like to get a few items please. Could I have a Monoatomic Razor, a blaster pistol, and a kilo of Aster-Ex with short range detonator please. And as many frag grenades as 1 token will buy me"
Do I get a token from this?

A universal chem thrower with an extra sticky goop canister (3+1 tokens) for civilians, trapping things I can't or don't want to kill and closing atmospheric breaches.
And from this? Do I or Pancaek get a token? Maybe say we take turns getting a token from a chem thrower sale? And what about the purchase of the ammo?

So, drop pods are faster than hot drop shuttles? Can they alter their course after launch (to eg drop a kilometer north of the initial landing site)?
Finally, how long would it take, starting from being fired by the Sword, to dropping on this planet for a drop pod? Assume the Sword is at the position Steve was planning to use.

Could we have something like those transports we had in the sharkmist mission, in case we do come across civilians we wanna restrain and secure? Can we have them for free (and promise we won't use them for other things)? Can we have a whole bunch of handcuffs or something for free as well?
Via pm.

Pan walks back to the hangar, casting a quick glance over his shoulder to the monstrosity when he leaves the rec room. Face to face with Miyamoto, he holds out the bag of pills.

"Hey, boss, I got those pills from that thing in the rec room. What do you want me to do with them?"

"Ah yes, thank you. I guess I'll take them for now, we'll see what we do with them later."
Take the pills into my possession. How many are there left?

((People, the conversation between Pan and Miya was private, none of you know about their movie viewing plans.))
If it cost 4 tokens, then yes, you do.

You get a token for that too, though you can decide how to split it up amongst you two.

There are 5 left.

Quote from: Flint Westwood | To: Dubley Steptimus
Hi there. I just got a fancy new invisible monoblade. I'd like to make a retractable sheathe for it that I could attach on weapons or hold in my hands. You know, for safety's sake, so that I don't accidentally cut anyone in half while waving my arms around.

I'm imagining it like a sort of tube that can be attached on the gun and has a small motor in it. You put the blade in the tube and then push it out or in with the motor. Something like this:

RetractedExtended
GunGunGunGunGunGun
TubeTubeTubeTube
BladeBladeBlade
TubeTubeTubeTube
ThisIsASpaceGunGunGunGunGunGun
TubeTubeTubeTube
pportSupportHiltBladeBladeBladeBlade
TubeTubeTubeTube
Quote from: Dubley Steptimus | To: Flint Westwood
Basically a giant under-barrel switchblade? Sure can do my friend. It'll be spring powered, but I'll upgrade it when I get my hands on a working motor.

Turn scrap metal into an artifact quality underbarrel switchblade mechanism for Flint's force blade.
[5]
Done.
((Oh, I thought that was assumed, sorry.))
Yeah, that should add up to 5 tokens, so I'm paying for it.
(If I ever say "If that adds up", thats basically me asking the wiki guys to check if it does before they just wiki the items.)

Done.

Go into VR and begin some basic flight training to get used to the system tweak settings in real suit depending on results of this testing

What?

Head to the bar. Order a glass of beer. Drink beer.
Done and done.

"Yeah, I'll take it. Magic's better than nothing."
Nab POTION FOURTY-ONE from Flint.
Then go VR and practice sticking a syringe into the neck of a MCP1 clad man, Doctor-style.
Wiki that

Remind me you did that and it might have an effect on something. Maybe.

Pretty good chance that at least one of those people is in the Gestalt (Do we have a name for it yet?), so you can go talk to Xir.

Bend my sword slightly to see if it has become super rigid, or super brittle.

continue with the deathcube science afterwards.

Well it was already pretty fragile, but it appears to have become very rigid and as such, very fragile. Like glass; very hard, but easy to break because of it.

WE ARE LEAVING ON FRIDAY. THIS IS YOUR WARNING. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER OR NYARS AND HIS BAT WILL BEAT IT OUT OF YOU.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29021 on: July 15, 2015, 10:23:38 am »

1)Do people in the colony speak space English or are we going to need a dictionary? If yes, then grab one.

2)Also, do we have any sort of idea of any research or advanced technology they might have had?

3)How about any security systems or defences they could have? Anything automated? Anything that could give us trouble?

4)Do we have any security codes, ways to open their doors, way to label us as friends in their friend or foe system, etc?

5)Is there any sort of farm/landing pad/storage area/fuel depot/communications array above ground or is it only an entrance?

6)If there are other things above ground besides the entrance, any chance we could access those to determine what's going on inside the colony?

7)Are there any other nearby colonies or scientific installations on the planet?

8)What about the solar system, anything important in any other planets or is Velnias the only interesting planet in the solar system?

9)What about dangerous materials, fuel, nuclear reactors, antimatter reactors, stuff we really shouldn't mess with, any idea if there are any of those around?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:12:06 am by Parisbre56 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29022 on: July 15, 2015, 10:31:52 am »

Erm, guys? You all set for the mission? And have we decided which of the piles of weapons strapped to our body we're using?
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #29023 on: July 15, 2015, 10:34:39 am »

Feeling at peace, Tek turns from his newly created altar to the comb and returns to the briefing room.  He awaits deployment.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29024 on: July 15, 2015, 10:40:42 am »

Erm, guys? You all set for the mission? And have we decided which of the piles of weapons strapped to our body we're using?

we aren't going on any missions. not yet. need to figure things out. speaking of, mind if armory master tries to split me out? am nonessential in most ways. then if it works, try it on thad if he wants to brave the risks.

Suggested action: have the Armory Master try and split Chief out of the gestalt entity. Roll the black dice and all that.
Pages: 1 ... 1933 1934 [1935] 1936 1937 ... 2101