_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1913 1914 [1915] 1916 1917 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932023 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #28710 on: July 07, 2015, 07:48:12 pm »

((Infusion was from waaaaay back when I asked about mythril the first time, when I asked.))
-Mythril, with the "y". As per mixing it into armor, you could do that I suppose, but even just mixing in small amounts it's gonna be very expensive. You could probably get a reasonable increase in the strength of the metal covering a MKIII for about 10 tokens.
Can I get half of my armour infused for half as much? Buy half-infusement if available. Buy Mk3-A once available
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:02:26 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28711 on: July 07, 2015, 07:57:37 pm »

Sitting there in the briefing room with Whig laid across his knees, Jobasio ponders the events of the recently-completed rescue mission.
Including the hijacking. And its intent. He frowns slightly, watching the room around him with some wariness now.
Whilst waiting for the team leaders to finish fighting over me, keep a wary eye out for any monstrosities that resemble the one that almost killed me back on Mission 15. Be ready to shoot such a creature on sight before beating a hasty retreat to a more defensible location.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28712 on: July 07, 2015, 09:03:30 pm »

To Milno:
"I'm fine with stealing the noses off of orphans or whatever you're doing."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28713 on: July 07, 2015, 09:07:49 pm »

Officially volunteer for the mission to the anomalous college. Buy a full EMP proofing [4 token], and a coating of Chem-Off [4 Token].
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #28714 on: July 07, 2015, 09:59:13 pm »

There is one last spot for which I would like to interview the competing candidates. I have the names here... Lucricia Kay, Eddie Gracerei, and Ronald: I see that you all are fairly new to the former HMR Corps duty. Some of you have seen a bit of the frantic action our 'Corps are famous for, but no exploration&requisition experience yet.

To have a good guess of your fitness for this mission, I am going to ask each of you two questions, and I would like you to answer them truthfully and to the best of your ability. Maybe you have had a remotely similar experience in the past or in stasis dementia dreams, maybe you talked to the veterans and learnt from them, or maybe you can guess well; that does not matter - I am not judging your knowledge, but rather your personality through these questions. The questions themselves are as follows:

• What do you expect to find on this mission, and how do you expect to contribute?
  • How do you understand 'competence' in our line of work?
((I'm seeing a bit of Aerith and Bob syndrome in those names there.))
"I expect to find things I can't understand, if that thing really is an 'anomaly', then it isn't going to follow any rules I know of, and I'll try to help contribute by getting to understand whatever we're going to find there, as well as trying to help anyone who makes a mistake."
The second question made her frown, however, competence was always a strange thing to her, it was really more undefinable than the sound of nails across a chalkboard, after a short while of musing, she turned her head up to face the good Doctor.
"...The ability of common sense, the ability to keep your cool in stressful situations and understanding of authority?
... And general ability, I assume."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28715 on: July 07, 2015, 10:49:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((So how exactly do I play? Where do I sign up for missions))

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28716 on: July 07, 2015, 10:58:07 pm »

HEY TEAM LEADERS, WE GOT OUR TEAMS YET?
Evade Nyars-Bat by virtue of being on Hephaestus!
((We're almost finished, really.))

Quote from: Dr.M.Sanctor to: Vanessa Anagrid
From the look of your datafile, you appear a very capable medic; I can only be happy with you coming out of stasis to join us. I suppose General Miyamoto's mission would require your talents the most, and I will recommend you to him on your behalf. Welcome back, 'Corpswoman.

After a lengthy period of time of considering his notes and working with his datapad, Dr. Sanctor raised the head once again to look at the briefing room.
There is one last spot for which I would like to interview the competing candidates. I have the names here... Lucricia Kay, Eddie Gracerei, and Ronald: I see that you all are fairly new to the former HMR Corps duty. Some of you have seen a bit of the frantic action our 'Corps are famous for, but no exploration&requisition experience yet.

To have a good guess of your fitness for this mission, I am going to ask each of you two questions, and I would like you to answer them truthfully and to the best of your ability. Maybe you have had a remotely similar experience in the past or in stasis dementia dreams, maybe you talked to the veterans and learnt from them, or maybe you can guess well; that does not matter - I am not judging your knowledge, but rather your personality through these questions. The questions themselves are as follows:

• What do you expect to find on this mission, and how do you expect to contribute?
  • How do you understand 'competence' in our line of work?

Oh, and if there is anyone late to this anomalous party of ours, yet who also thinks they deserve a place on my team, you should try and answer these two questions as well. We'll see. Maurice smiled at the troopers.

((Basically, the above applies if you are not on wiki list of volunteers for M21 as of the moment of posting and still would like to join. Latecomers deserve a chance too, I say.))
"I have absolutely no clue what to expect,  but that doesn't mean I can't guess! Alien death monster! Robot invasion force! Zero gravity! A wormhole to a dimension where sound can form solid objects! The possibilities are endless! As for how I can contribute, I have awesome doom arms which can burn through anything, a microwave amp, a force infuser, a shapeshifting pimpcane, and a tentacle. The possibilities are endless!
Competence? Um... based on what I've heard, finding loot, not dying, not killing everyone else, I think I have the order of the right. Maybe?"
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28717 on: July 07, 2015, 11:32:37 pm »

"I'll rephrase my question then. How likely are the chances that the unsavoury things we'll be doing will be directed towards innocent or powerless individuals... I'm fine with, say, torturing a mob member for this war, but not with assaulting a child"

"I don't think you'll need to shank children, but keep your mind open. Wait." Milno says before typing something in his wristpad. He receives a reply, answers that and spends some more time examining things before giving Vincent an answer, though he doesn't say it loud enough for everyone to hear - don't need anyone going crazy with righteousness. "No children. You'd have to get some people no one'd miss, so you could try criminals and scum as long as you thought you'd be able to handle the ramp up in difficulty. They wouldn't go quietly, but there doesn't seem to be a shortage of 'em."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28718 on: July 08, 2015, 01:40:13 am »

Vincent waits patiently, and listens when Milno speaks. Afterwards he replies quietly. "That's the kind of unsavoury I can deal with. If you accept me for the mission, I won't cause any problems"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28719 on: July 08, 2015, 02:18:59 am »

"Excuse me, could you check over this brain right quick? See how good it is?" Zayne asked the armory master, regarding his free brain. Also checked if the force-blade would be better than a mono-machete? Then checked if he could go outside the ship to test his hoverboard, and maybe get some maneuver gear temporarily in case something goes wrong during testing. If so, he went outside the ship and began getting acquainted with it.

(Unless this is too much and I should do it later, then hopefully just the brain and force-blade question.)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:39:33 am by Shaporia »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28720 on: July 08, 2015, 02:31:58 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((So how exactly do I play? Where do I sign up for missions))
((Here you go!))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28721 on: July 08, 2015, 06:41:52 am »

This is just a cosmetic thing while I wait for the missions to start - go to the AM and request a cloak (just regular material, nothing that costs tokens pls) that can cover most of my body while still allowing me to see and stuff. I may or may not OOC be going for imitating the one limb collector god thing so I can freak out Lars. You'll help in this most noble of efforts, right?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #28722 on: July 08, 2015, 07:25:09 am »

"I'll rephrase my question then. How likely are the chances that the unsavoury things we'll be doing will be directed towards innocent or powerless individuals... I'm fine with, say, torturing a mob member for this war, but not with assaulting a child"

"I don't think you'll need to shank children, but keep your mind open. Wait." Milno says before typing something in his wristpad. He receives a reply, answers that and spends some more time examining things before giving Vincent an answer, though he doesn't say it loud enough for everyone to hear - don't need anyone going crazy with righteousness. "No children. You'd have to get some people no one'd miss, so you could try criminals and scum as long as you thought you'd be able to handle the ramp up in difficulty. They wouldn't go quietly, but there doesn't seem to be a shortage of 'em."
((assuming Dester can hear this, considering it was his interview kedley's guy got in on))

Dester frowns thoughtfully for a moment. When he speaks, it is in a low voice meant only for Milno and those Milno has included in the conversation. "I think I understand. Criminals and scum? It feels almost like a gang war, since ... you know ... He gestures at the room with a shrug. "Well, it won't hurt my feelings none to off a couple guys like that weirdo earlier. That raises a few questions for me, but I will probably never get answers to those, and it likely wouldn't change what I have to do anyway."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 05:02:34 pm by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28723 on: July 08, 2015, 09:18:33 am »

((assuming Dester can hear this, considering it was his interview kedley's guy got in on))

Dester frowns thoughtfully for a moment. When he speaks, it is in a low voice meant only for Milno and those Milno has included in the conversation. [glow=lime green,2,300]"I think I understand. Criminals and scum? It feels almost like a gang war, since ... you know ...[/glow] He gestures at the room with a shrug. "Well, it won't hurt my feelings none to off a couple guys like that weirdo earlier. That raises a few questions for me, but I will probably never get answers to those, and it likely wouldn't change what I have to do anyway."
Would BE off in the back ground running for his tea but would stop for a moment to flip of dester
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28724 on: July 08, 2015, 09:57:21 am »

Loan 2, return 2, use for expanded capacity. 100% interest is stupid. will auto-pay-back the 2 at mission end. You do not use, so asked you.

Ah, actual sentences and words. Much better that way! Anyways, I can't really loan you myself, I kinda have a 20 token debt right now. Sorry. But if it's for a sane purchase that should increase your mission performance, I do think the team fund could help you out.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1913 1914 [1915] 1916 1917 ... 2101