_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1908 1909 [1910] 1911 1912 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932306 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #28635 on: July 04, 2015, 07:54:13 pm »

@spazyak: OOC thread. Use it.

Flint sighed (with his mic closed) a sigh of relief. Good. At least he's not angry.

"Name's Flint Westwood. I believe we've seen each other before, but nothing more than that. It's nice to finally officially introduce ourselves, isn't it?" Flint said in a friendly tone as he high-fived a random hand. "And there's no need to thank me. There's nothing I enjoy more than giving a hand to a man in need." he added with a smile. He resisted the urge to jokingly add their similar accent to the list of reasons for doing this.

He continued more seriously.
"That is the answer to your question. Yes, I could had probably found someone else and risked much less in the process. But if I didn't do this, there was a high chance you would die. And I couldn't let that happen, not when I had a good chance to prevent it. I believe that risking your life to save another is worth it. And this seemed like the best way to save your life. After all, you were recommended for it. And it would grant you protection from any who harbored ill will towards you. At least, temporarily."

"Which brings me to the second reason. I've heard... very unflattering things about you. But experience has taught me that judging someone from the labels applied to them by others is wrong. I believe it is best to make your own judgments about who someone is, rather than having to rely on the stories and opinions of others. I believe you deserve another chance. A chance to prove those that believe you are nothing but trouble wrong. And I believe this will give that chance to you.

I was given that second chance when a man much better than me risked his life to rescue me from dying in the void, risking much more than I did to rescue you. I couldn't see why you didn't deserve the same treatment, the same chance."

Basically telling you you can and should change your ways dude. And your name, probably. Otherwise, this won't end well for you or me. Hope you get that.

"Which, in turn, brings me to the 'conditions' you asked me about. When I received that message from Hephaestus, in it, it stated that for my idea to become a reality I would have to find not only a capable medic, not only someone capable of wielding this tool, but someone who would use it for its intended purpose. And that purpose is helping others, healing others. It embodies medicine because it embodies altruism, the desire to help others even when it means you may have to suffer for it, to sacrifice for it. It is capable of the ultimate display of altruism: sacrificing part of itself to save another." But it also begs altruism from others, to sacrifice parts of themselves so that others who could make better use of them can be saved.

"So in order to keep my promise, the one I made by choosing you, the promise that you indeed are that man capable of handling this suit and doing some good with it, to prove that my choice was the right one and that you won't misuse this tool, then I would like to be given the chance to be close to you, in person, if possible. Now I'm hoping we can do this as friends, with me supporting you in any way I can, including physically and financially, if necessary."
Flint  didn't mention the alternative. No need to sour this moment. He hoped Xan would realise why that was a good idea eventually.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 09:13:23 pm by Parisbre56 »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28636 on: July 04, 2015, 07:57:52 pm »

@spazyak: OOC thread. Use it.

"Flint Westwood, at you're

Accidental post, please wait.
?  oh I know now, sorry.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:29:34 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28637 on: July 04, 2015, 08:25:01 pm »

(*raises hand* Yeah, I made the rocket board things and I think the Heph team made a few of them and sent them over?)
Hopefully get a hoverboard, tuned for a robot's weight.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28638 on: July 04, 2015, 09:41:02 pm »

Flint sighed (with his mic closed) a sigh of relief. Good. At least he's not angry.

"Name's Flint Westwood. I believe we've seen each other before, but nothing more than that. It's nice to finally officially introduce ourselves, isn't it?" Flint said in a friendly tone as he high-fived a random hand. "And there's no need to thank me. There's nothing I enjoy more than giving a hand to a man in need." he added with a smile. He resisted the urge to jokingly add their similar accent to the list of reasons for doing this.

He continued more seriously.
"That is the answer to your question. Yes, I could had probably found someone else and risked much less in the process. But if I didn't do this, there was a high chance you would die. And I couldn't let that happen, not when I had a good chance to prevent it. I believe that risking your life to save another is worth it. And this seemed like the best way to save your life. After all, you were recommended for it. And it would grant you protection from any who harbored ill will towards you. At least, temporarily."

"Which brings me to the second reason. I've heard... very unflattering things about you. But experience has taught me that judging someone from the labels applied to them by others is wrong. I believe it is best to make your own judgments about who someone is, rather than having to rely on the stories and opinions of others. I believe you deserve another chance. A chance to prove those that believe you are nothing but trouble wrong. And I believe this will give that chance to you.

I was given that second chance when a man much better than me risked his life to rescue me from dying in the void, risking much more than I did to rescue you. I couldn't see why you didn't deserve the same treatment, the same chance."

Basically telling you you can and should change your ways dude. And your name, probably. Otherwise, this won't end well for you or me. Hope you get that.

"Which, in turn, brings me to the 'conditions' you asked me about. When I received that message from Hephaestus, in it, it stated that for my idea to become a reality I would have to find not only a capable medic, not only someone capable of wielding this tool, but someone who would use it for its intended purpose. And that purpose is helping others, healing others. It embodies medicine because it embodies altruism, the desire to help others even when it means you may have to suffer for it, to sacrifice for it. It is capable of the ultimate display of altruism: sacrificing part of itself to save another." But it also begs altruism from others, to sacrifice parts of themselves so that others who could make better use of them can be saved.

"So in order to keep my promise, the one I made by choosing you, the promise that you indeed are that man capable of handling this suit and doing some good with it, to prove that my choice was the right one and that you won't misuse this tool, then I would like to be given the chance to be close to you, in person, if possible. Now I'm hoping we can do this as friends, with me supporting you in any way I can, including physically and financially, if necessary."
Flint  didn't mention the alternative. No need to sour this moment. He hoped Xan would realise why that was a good idea eventually.
"In that case, I appreciate you being willing to save my life on the basis of principle as well as practicality. It speaks well of you to be able to hold to that tenet even through danger to yourself."

Throughout all this, Xan's arms make various gestures (none offensive for once) that seem to be more or less relevant to the conversation at hand.

"I am curious, what have you heard about me? I've never actually interacted with that many people in my time here, and I find myself wondering what reputation I could have obtained, as it were. As for my identity, before whatever mishap that led me away from my body I had already assumed a false one -  with the added change to my appearance I doubt anyone will recognize me; I've no trouble changing my name. Would you have any suggestions?"

"The conditions essentially consist of 'heal others unconditionally', it seems. While I still hold the identities of those who have done me wrong close to my heart, I could ... also ... help them if they end up in distress. Retribution can come at a later date. I accept the conditions, then."

"As for being my friend ... I don't know that I've ever had one. Or any real relationships with anyone besdes ... certain individuals. So I'm unsure of how to be one. But I'm willing to make the effort. And the support will be appreciated as well, as unless there is some way of obtaining new limbs for free, maintaining a supply will prove quite expensive."

Xan can't exactly smile in his new body, but his body posture makes the effort.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28639 on: July 05, 2015, 02:27:47 am »

Wheel the Deathcube into one of the testing chambers. Wonder how Nyars will vend for me if he doesn't let people use it in his lair.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28640 on: July 05, 2015, 10:07:26 am »

Questions:
-Can we send an empty shuttle first (maybe loaded with some scout eyes and a few of our gunnerbots) to check if the approach is safe? It can then also act as out backup shuttle later on.
- How much for one of the AM's Adverse Weather and Conditions Communications Pack (AWaCCP)?
- How much for a quantum entanglement communicator?
- We could take sods and such. How will we say that works? Use a token cost, or say X sods can replace 1 team member? And what gear do they get?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:14:51 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28641 on: July 05, 2015, 10:29:53 am »

((Note that the Italic text is thoughts, the "RedGlowItalic" text is speech.))

Retribution? ... Hmmm... I guess I could trust him to play nice for now. It's reasonable to feel emotional, but as long as he can control it, it should be fine.
"Oh, not much really. Just... that... you'reanuncntrollabledangertoeveryonearoundyouthatkilledalotofpeopleBut that's not what I saw in someone who risked his life and died trying to save others. As for a new name... I have no idea. You could go with something like Warren Piece or Len DeHande or Joanna Hand or Mel Practiss or Otto B. Kilt. Or you can choose a nickname, if you want. I call that thing the 'DoctorSuit', for example, so maybe you can work on something based on that? Something like 'The Surgeon'? Or maybe search the internet for something mythological, since that seems to be all the rage these days, apparently."

"Anyway, glad to hear everything is all right and that you are willing to make this effort. I'm probably gonna go back to the briefing room now, see if they've finally decided who goes on which mission. You can join me there if you want, maybe volunteer for one. Or, if you feel like you'll be better not seen with me, you could swing by the test chamber and try out the new body, see what it can do. Or go talk with the AM or the nurses, see if they know anything about you or if there's any upgrades or equipment you could get. Or, whatever else you want, really. You're free from me."

((Joke names taken from this.
EDIT: Would you even be viable for the Joker mission? Because having a robotic body is one thing, it might be a bit uncommon in some planets but it happens. Being a DoctorSuit however is probably not very common in the rest of the universe. So if the mission requires stealth, you'd have to remain locked operating in some basement, only coming out at night to grab unsuspecting civilians like some sort of bogeyman.))
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:03:53 am by Parisbre56 »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28642 on: July 05, 2015, 12:47:00 pm »

EDIT: Would you even be viable for the Joker mission? Because having a robotic body is one thing, it might be a bit uncommon in some planets but it happens. Being a DoctorSuit however is probably not very common in the rest of the universe. So if the mission requires stealth, you'd have to remain locked operating in some basement, only coming out at night to grab unsuspecting civilians like some sort of bogeyman.))

(( Almost certainly not. And certainly not without telling Milno or Skylar where he came from, at which point, definitely not :P ))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28643 on: July 05, 2015, 08:25:33 pm »

"I suppose that was at least partially true. I was very ... liberal with my use of amps in the past. Hmm. I think I've got a reasonable story cooked up: I was a former inmate who got altered by the Doctor and got put into stasis for some reason or other, freed now to help the rebellion. I'll think of a name."

"I think I'll inquire into what exactly this can do, then I may volunteer for one of the missions. Is anyone in particular heading them? And what are they about?"
Sig! Onol

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28644 on: July 05, 2015, 10:07:51 pm »

Volunteer for the college mission, buy a kinetic infuser (modified to be used by my tentacle) and a pimpcane
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28645 on: July 05, 2015, 10:32:32 pm »

"Great, great."

"First up, we have badgerman, taking his little ship and a small gang of people to... retrieve organs, I think? They wouldn't say. They say they'll tell whoever they choose when they get there, cause it's morally questionable stuff, so the less we know the better. And they'll be stuck there for quite some time. But they say it will be easy. Just need someone who knows the basics of medicine and computer stuff, a good sweet talker and a few fighters. Don't really think you'll do well in a covert ops mission unless you get some really good camouflage. No offence."

"Then we have some big scientist guy from Heph taking one of his new ships to investigate some sort of missing university. Apparently, there's something there that makes anything associated with that university be forgotten or disappear. They showed us a picture and that thing was just a snowy patch of land where buildings and roads were supposed to be, even though orbital scans showed something was there. Kinda like a better version of that Halo thing we have in the Armory. But they say they got some sort of new fancy gadget to help them with that problem so that they don't get lost and disappear. They're also taking some scanning gear to find the science behind this whole anomaly thing."

"So it's a standard anomaly mission. Get in the scary place, grab anything shiny you can find, try not to die because you touched something you shouldn't had, try to discover the cause of the anomaly, go home when you can't take it anymore or when you can't take anymore shiny things and fit them in your overflowing pockets."

"If you ask me, the students themselves probably did it to skip class. Because hey, if you give a dumb college boy an alien wishing lamp with 3 charges, they'll probably going to ask for mountains of beer and a way to skip class and cover up their beer with nobody noticing and then forget to use the third charge to summon a mountain of chicks cause they left the lamp in the university. So if you go there, send me a postcard of you planting your flag in that mountain and be sure to bring me back some alien beer, will ya?"

"And then we've got the Sword and the big fat General organizing a mission to an allied world that has stopped communicating with us. We're going down to investigate. It's definitely a deadly death trap of death. But we're going anyway, because hey, why not? Could be something or someone useful or worth saving down there. So we need some big guns, giant metal asses, more guns and an assortment of skills, because we have no idea what sort of trap we'll find down there. Giant shark tank? The good old falling anvil? Stick of dynamite? A tank that looks like a giant shark? Nobody knows."
"Fun, right?"
Flint said sarcastically. "That's why I volunteered for it. You're welcome to join us as a healer while we fight to save our lives from whatever horror we find down there."
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:01:40 pm by Parisbre56 »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #28646 on: July 06, 2015, 01:54:09 am »

((Are the mission 20 people back on ship now? And where are the breifings and what not?))
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 03:04:11 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28647 on: July 06, 2015, 02:08:18 am »

"Hmm. I'm not eager to place myself in danger so soon after dying yet again, but I might be needed on Miyamoto's mission. I believe I know who you're referring to as the Hephaestus person, hopefully. Maurice?

Oh by the way I'll be pretending to have been a woman before I got transferred in this body so as to deter suspicion. My name will be to others Vanessa Anagrid."

Quote from: Vanessa Anagrid -> General Miyamoto, Maurice Sanctor
Greetings, General, greetings, Mr. Sanctor! I've just been awakened from whatever type of stasis they had me in back here, and I've heard you folks have got some missions you're taking volunteers for! Due to my present condition I doubt I'll be a good fit for the joker mission, but I'm eager to test out my body's capabilities, and either of your missions seems like a fine fit for me!

To give some more detail on what exactly I am, I'm a former HMRC inmate quite like yourselves. I had a good run, got up to 3 missions, but since I was a medic I wasn't of much utility since it frequently cost me all my tokens to buy equipment and I couldn't fix the more grevious things that would happen to my teammates, so I went to the Doctor about it. I know, not the best decision I ever made. One neck syringe later, and apparently a stay in stasis later for some ineffable reason, and I am what I am!

I've been made into a robot body of some sort with quite a few arms, and various limbs and organs and such attached to me. I believe these are meant for the purposes of transplantation, though I will have to inquire with the infirmary staff as to whether I can actually perform other surgeries and such. I'll get back to you on that. Still, super medibot at your disposal should you need it! I'll let you two decide who exactly needs me more.

Official volunteerization for the college and ... Miya's missions. Whatever they wanna do for me.

Go and inquire with the infirmary staff as to what exactly my new body can do.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 05:16:09 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #28648 on: July 06, 2015, 03:26:29 am »

((What are these new missions?))

PW how much for a pure mythril helmet? and are there varying prices for mythril infused armour (to represent different amounts of infusement), and can you quantify what each would represent in terms of defence enhancement (perhaps can withstand X forever can take a bit of Y cannot take Z or something?).
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28649 on: July 06, 2015, 06:47:52 am »

((What are these new missions?))

PW how much for a pure mythril helmet? and are there varying prices for mythril infused armour (to represent different amounts of infusement), and can you quantify what each would represent in terms of defence enhancement (perhaps can withstand X forever can take a bit of Y cannot take Z or something?).

Flint juust gave an excellent explanation
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 1908 1909 [1910] 1911 1912 ... 2101