_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1879 1880 [1881] 1882 1883 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929617 times)

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #28200 on: June 09, 2015, 07:08:52 am »

((Alright, thanks for the help. Being new I didn't really know the consequences of this and the wiki didn't help much either to be honest. I'm going to go back to the drawing board with my character, don't put him in the game.))

((Did you read the newbie guide? It clearly states, for example, that having 1 weapon skill you're good with is a good idea.))
((I know, it's just that I got confused by the meaning of "good weapon skill," whether that meant no -1s or one +1. I see that now so I'll come back with a better-made character.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28201 on: June 09, 2015, 08:45:16 am »

(((I forget, do I post my char sheet here or at the new player/ooc page?)))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #28202 on: June 09, 2015, 08:52:08 am »

((Here. And before you do, check your skills, you are two negative levels more than needed, you might wish to correct that.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28203 on: June 09, 2015, 08:52:47 am »

((Here. And before you do, check your skills, you are two negative levels more than needed, you might wish to correct that.))
I do? fixed
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UAbkp5RDL0nbZZfuOXFm53u4uFjJ3aOh0e-5T0938Kk/edit?usp=sharing
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28204 on: June 09, 2015, 09:59:10 am »

((I think I just got confused because people keep changing their avatars for some reason, and they don't retroactively update. Sorry, lol.))
He's using a site that gives a different image every time you load the page. they do retroactively update.
Ohhhh, that explains it, thanks. I was getting really confused with that, especially since I often don't bother reading the name if the person has an avatar I recognize (and if not, well, sometimes I still won't, apparently).

Yeah, I could have a static avatar if you want, though my cycling avatars have a common theme of being skull/skeleton related. Usually space related too. Lots of skulls in space helmets.

Watch result of battle between non-MkIII-wearing Steve-controlled Milno vs a synth-flesh bot with +1 in everything, except for Uncon, End and Dex with +2 and basic weaponry. Battlefield is featureless plains, not atmosphere and not deadly towards humans.
In this case what would probably happen, since Milno lacks the speed needed to keep up with the flesh bot in straight combat, is that he would attempt a counter gamble. He'd let the synth bot come at him and attempt to just barely dodge the bot's blow before responding with one of his own. This blow would be by a fist laden with sharkmist that would, when it splatters all over the synth bot, start eating it. At that point it would be a contest of attempting to dodge or block just long enough for the mist to either incapacitate the bot or give you another opening to apply more or perform a directed strike against some vital area, be it the brain case or something else which would further incapacitate.

Whether or not this would work would depend a lot on what the bot was wielding and how quick you are. I feel confident steve could definitely kill the bot, but your survival wouldn't be guaranteed. Humans are far too fragile for his liking.

((The MMI was that man machine interface brain implant that lets you control tech like the assault suit as if it were a robobody amongst other uses, like letting steve control your body when the shit hits the fan.))

Place nyarstifact tusk carefully into whats his faces empty arm socket or stump, if it doesnt bond to his flesh be upset and remove it.

Ask nurses to test it for medicinal purposes.

Ahh yes, these damn acronyms.

So you run over and jam the tusk into his arm. It doesn't immediately seem to bond, but when you pull it out, part of the tusk remains behind, stuck to the flesh. Hmm.

Phoebe mopes and regret being caught. Not that he actually did anything. Duh.

"Hey... Steve whatsyourface. You're a wetwork computer, right? How do you keep your brains preserved?"

>A combination of regenerative fluids and relatively low temperatures.

((Alright, thanks for the help. Being new I didn't really know the consequences of this and the wiki didn't help much either to be honest. I'm going to go back to the drawing board with my character, don't put him in the game.))

((Did you read the newbie guide? It clearly states, for example, that having 1 weapon skill you're good with is a good idea.))
((I know, it's just that I got confused by the meaning of "good weapon skill," whether that meant no -1s or one +1. I see that now so I'll come back with a better-made character.))

Here, I'll help. What do you want your character to do? What is it you want to get out of this? What is your preferred play style?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28205 on: June 09, 2015, 10:13:20 am »

Hand one of my spare tusks to a nurse and ask them to do some tests on it to tell me what they can find out about it.

call another nurse over to look at the piece of the tusk suck to whatshisface and join them in observing it.

if the tusk section stuck in his arm doesnt do anything for a few minutes poke it with the piece of tusk im holding and see if it rejoins the section suck to his arm.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28206 on: June 09, 2015, 10:34:56 am »

((I usually like mages or mechanists, though it seems those aren't so great as a starting character build around here. I just want someone that could be of use and potentially do something on missions. Hoping to get some experience (for potential future characters if I stick around long enough) and have some fun.))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28207 on: June 09, 2015, 01:10:52 pm »

((Am I being retconned on a mission or waiting for a new one?))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28208 on: June 09, 2015, 01:21:30 pm »

((Am I being retconned on a mission or waiting for a new one?))
((Snapdragon and Gyromitra are both about to end, so I doubt it.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28209 on: June 09, 2015, 01:30:23 pm »

((Ya, just wait. I imagine they'll both be done by week's end at latest))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28210 on: June 09, 2015, 02:06:42 pm »

((That's a shame. Would've been a perfect opportunity for an easy level!))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28211 on: June 09, 2015, 05:24:17 pm »

Same scenario, Milno cracks a dex combat stim for two turns.

New scenario: Milno in a MkIII versus an enemy with the same stats as before (+1 everything, except for +2 to Dex, End and Uncon), now with +2 Con. Enemy's weapons: gauss rifle and monosword, starting 50m away and Steve-controlled Milno's only allowed to use the MkIII plus sharkmist. First round with the enemy in a normal robo-body, second round in a synth-flesh body.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #28212 on: June 09, 2015, 05:30:38 pm »

((That reminds me, do the rescue teams get level ups? Are we at least getting hazard pay for this?))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28213 on: June 10, 2015, 09:28:07 am »

Hand one of my spare tusks to a nurse and ask them to do some tests on it to tell me what they can find out about it.

call another nurse over to look at the piece of the tusk suck to whatshisface and join them in observing it.

if the tusk section stuck in his arm doesnt do anything for a few minutes poke it with the piece of tusk im holding and see if it rejoins the section suck to his arm.

They're not gonna be able to tell you crap. They're just the assistants.

But the flesh seems to grown over the tusk, and only the tusk. The other flesh doesn't regenerate.

Same scenario, Milno cracks a dex combat stim for two turns.

New scenario: Milno in a MkIII versus an enemy with the same stats as before (+1 everything, except for +2 to Dex, End and Uncon), now with +2 Con. Enemy's weapons: gauss rifle and monosword, starting 50m away and Steve-controlled Milno's only allowed to use the MkIII plus sharkmist. First round with the enemy in a normal robo-body, second round in a synth-flesh body.

Well in that case you definitely will manage to survive.

Any cover in that scenario?

((That reminds me, do the rescue teams get level ups? Are we at least getting hazard pay for this?))
Depends on how much you actually do. Level up? Probably not, or at least not a full level. But you'll probably get some pay.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28214 on: June 10, 2015, 11:20:05 am »

(((SO I'm awake now from the cryo pod?)))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1879 1880 [1881] 1882 1883 ... 2101