_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1869 1870 [1871] 1872 1873 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931304 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #28050 on: May 26, 2015, 12:37:06 am »

"I think I can fly us over there. Chief, you can try if you want or you can take over when we get there to keep the shuttle from drifting. I'll be going out to retrieve bodies once we get there, because I'm not letting that thing go out there unsupervised." Jason states to Chief, inclining his head towards Xan for the last statement.

Jason looks warily at Xan, his whole body tensing when the monster speaks. "You shouldn't be alive." Jason responds to Xan through gritted teeth, his fists clenching until the knuckles turned white. He takes a moment to regain his composure and relax a bit before turning his attention back to Steve.

"Steve, will it be alright to have him around the corpses? Is there a chance it could end up like Mission 15? Do you think maybe you could keep an eye on him and keep him on task if it isn't too much trouble?" Jason asks.

Asking questions to Steve.

((I realize Xan isn't physically monstrous at the moment, and can't be, but Jason sees him as a monster and doesn't know he can't do stuff now.))

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28051 on: May 26, 2015, 12:42:46 am »

Xan looks at Jason, adopting a confused expression.

Do I know you? Or did I do something untoward to you before I died? Was it the first or second time?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28052 on: May 26, 2015, 12:52:00 am »

Jason tenses up again immediately as Xan speaks to him.

"You ruined our mission and killed three people. The hell do you mean 'second' time?" He growls.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28053 on: May 26, 2015, 12:58:34 am »

Xan turns fully toward Beirus, before having only turned his head to look at him.

The me you knew died on whatever planet it was, doing whatever it is I did. I left insurance behind, and awoke renewed. I apparently lost control of my powers, however, and died not a long while ago. I was then brought to the Sword.

He shrugs.

Assume I don't know what happened down on whatever mission we were on, because I don't really. I'm only told I 'went full flesh horror', which isn't very descriptive at all. What happened?

He doesn't seem overly concerned about bringing up this clearly traumatic experience.
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28054 on: May 26, 2015, 02:59:03 am »

((The character's name is Jason, not Beirus.))

"That's pretty apt. You went full flesh horror, killed two people, and one lost his life buying the rest of us time to get away. All we were going to do was open boxes, and you managed to fuck that up royally." Jason growls before something Xan had said seems to register.

"You lost control of your powers twice. Did they let you keep them this time?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28055 on: May 26, 2015, 03:06:32 am »

((...I typed Jason. I typed Jason! I TYPED JASON WHY DOES IT SAY BEIURS
AMAJSHSKISJAKSUHEKAIAHSHSJSH))

Xan huffs in an annoyed fashion.
I mean what form did I take, what caused me to assume that form? More the second question, I need to know why I did whatever I did. I don't particularly care about whoever I may have killed.

At Jason's mentioning of him losing his powers, his expression goes flat.

Yes, they took away my real body and stuck me in this ugly larval form of what I once was. I will forever hate them for it. All of them who were involved, not merely the man who gave the order.
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28056 on: May 26, 2015, 09:57:26 am »

((...I typed Jason. I typed Jason! I TYPED JASON WHY DOES IT SAY BEIURS
AMAJSHSKISJAKSUHEKAIAHSHSJSH))
Because I'm secretly altering your posts.

"Right, can I buy 5 smoke bombs and one of those swanky Nyar's boxes for 4 tokens? I just love stuff that comes in boxes....

"Or failing that, can I get a 4-token battle axe, preferably made out of some highly precious metal?

"Or failing that, something efficient and sensible I probably won't cut my own nose off with?"

Hmmm nyars boxes use a new system so their price and availability varies. I can roll up a set of them for him to be selling now if you wanna look, but No guarantee there will be one in your price range.

The smoke bombs  I can give ya, and we can give you a platinum Ax for a token, since precious metals aren't very precious when you can synthesize them from raw materials.

If you want something more sensible in that price range...Probably A force infuser, since thats exo and exo is your only fighting stat not at -1.
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Infuser

"Can steer a boat. Have never flown a ship before. Could learn, given time."

Retroactively obtain an MCP-II suit for 3 tokens just in case.
Ok.

Go back to the AM, and sell back my unused MK-II. Buy a 3-token MCP-II instead. Use the remaining two tokens to buy a force infuser.

((If I did all the math right, I should now have an MCP-II, a Force infuser, the fully loaded X3 Civilian Gauss Rifle + 2 Spare Clips, and 0 tokens. And I owe Kriellya 2 tokens.))
I'll let the wiki people work that out, but if it adds up then it's fine by me.

Milno is currently facepalming after the kind of basic failure that could have been easily avoided had Rookie listened to him, or even spent some more time thinking. He's gone over the last few seconds of recording and discovered they done something stupid with the usual fleet of foot that dumb decisions appear by in one's mind. He shouldn't have looked away from the feed even for a second, he shouldn't have allowed himself to wait for a response from Steve. No, it seems as though he has to treat everyone around him as a bunch of babies to prevent easily-prevented disasters from happening.

"Please tell me we have all of the data we went there to get and the only part they messed up was the distraction phase to save the ground team." He asked of Steve, hoping it had only been a half-failure.

Receive confirmation from Steve that we got the info at least.

>We got the data. That, at least, was successful.

((You "Last Bureaucrat" is currently on fleshfungusplanet and has managed to hold himself together very well, thank you very much :P))
Sorry, guess you got lost in the rush around then and you didn't keep writing notes so I forgot who was who.

Inquire impatiently as to whether i can just set up the bombs and stay on the sword.
>Now why would we let a veteran who is loaded with heavy armor and weapons just skip out on the combat mission? Where is your patriotism!

"I think I can fly us over there. Chief, you can try if you want or you can take over when we get there to keep the shuttle from drifting. I'll be going out to retrieve bodies once we get there, because I'm not letting that thing go out there unsupervised." Jason states to Chief, inclining his head towards Xan for the last statement.

Jason looks warily at Xan, his whole body tensing when the monster speaks. "You shouldn't be alive." Jason responds to Xan through gritted teeth, his fists clenching until the knuckles turned white. He takes a moment to regain his composure and relax a bit before turning his attention back to Steve.

"Steve, will it be alright to have him around the corpses? Is there a chance it could end up like Mission 15? Do you think maybe you could keep an eye on him and keep him on task if it isn't too much trouble?" Jason asks.

Asking questions to Steve.

((I realize Xan isn't physically monstrous at the moment, and can't be, but Jason sees him as a monster and doesn't know he can't do stuff now.))

>We've removed that particular threat, so while he may still be inappropriate with them, he can't do anything that threatens the sanity of those around him, so to speak.

I think Aux would be me.

+3 Aux, +0 Uncon, as Steve asked.

"Right, can I buy 5 smoke bombs and one of those swanky Nyar's boxes for 4 tokens? I just love stuff that comes in boxes....

"Or failing that, can I get a 4-token battle axe, preferably made out of some highly precious metal?

"Or failing that, something efficient and sensible I probably won't cut my own nose off with?"

((So do I edit the wiki myself, in my inventory page?))

(( I would generally wait for PW. The Nyars box in particular we need him for, as the system has changed and there's no set price on the boxes anymore. But otherwise, yeah, for standard purchases you are welcome to edit yourself. The Wiki Gnomes encourage that you register with Wikia for accountability purposes, but it's not required. Anyone can edit, and IP's are logged if an issue does come up :P ))

>You! You're doing the rigging of the bombs for simultaneous, remote detonation and detonation on impact.

Have a +1 Aux and a +1 in unconventional. Let Steve decided if I am to help set the bombs.

>You! You're arming them and putting a timer on them, just in case.
The parts you needs are over there in those 10 shuttles. Set it up.

The rest of you, we need to divide you up into teams. Who wants to save the Miya team and who wants to save the Flint or Hasala or whoever is in charge over there team?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28057 on: May 26, 2015, 11:03:58 am »

"I'll save Miya!"

*Hefts Ax*

"Also, could anyone do something about my lunch card? Now the machine at the cafeteria place tries to shoot me whenever I order something, and blood loss gets quite annoying if you haven't eaten for four days."

Could you try rolling a coupla those boxes up for me, just to see? They look quite fun...
One wheel short of a wagon

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28058 on: May 26, 2015, 12:39:21 pm »

"i left it another reality. i choose team 'tactical cowardice'."

skip out on combat mission, try to guesstimate how strong my tusks are. would they make good weapons?

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28059 on: May 26, 2015, 01:38:24 pm »

"Do we have to go? Or is this..." Chief pauses to recall the word, "a voluntary thing?"

Be on salvage team if possible. If not, and not going isn't an option, then Team Flint.

Oh, and retroactively get a single-token incubator for my lovely red moss in my room and seed it with a bit of the moss I have with me. Half of a fistful, as it were. Set heating and moisture to roughly room temperature and 50% relative humidity. Get a bit of food from somewhere and add it to the incubator to provide an adequate substrate. Something meaty, preferably.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:43:50 am by Harry Baldman »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #28060 on: May 26, 2015, 10:06:04 pm »

scuttle scuttle

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28061 on: May 27, 2015, 12:25:59 am »

On second thought*, switch out that force infuser with two packs of standard grenades. And then jog to the hangar, humming something resembling action music. And pointing my gun around. And making pew pew noises.

*okay, that's like third thought by now.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28062 on: May 27, 2015, 12:29:29 am »

Jason nods after hearing the responses from Xan and Steve. "Good to know. I'm gonna go grab that gear." He states before heading to the armory.

Go get some maneuvering gear from the armory, and a few artifact containers, then back to the hangar. Grab gear for Xan and Chief while I'm at the armory.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:21:50 am by Beirus »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28063 on: May 27, 2015, 01:03:30 am »

Get some for me as well. I get the sense you'd rather not be around me much.
Sig! Onol

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28064 on: May 27, 2015, 02:15:54 am »

Alright, let's get to work Hansan.

Head to the ships, see what we have and how things have been laid out already. Identify which shuttles aren't getting bombs put in them.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 02:20:58 am by Kriellya »
Pages: 1 ... 1869 1870 [1871] 1872 1873 ... 2101