_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1868 1869 [1870] 1871 1872 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931589 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #28035 on: May 25, 2015, 09:46:12 am »

((Sorry, did I just interrupt the game?))

Strolls up to mission command , nonchalantement

"I'd like to be inculded in a mission, please, if there's one on at the moment. Whatever you have going, I feel ready to save the galaxy. Let me take the place of someone younger, less experienced with more reason to live.

"Oh, by the way, my food card seems not to be working in the cafeteria, so do we get food on these missions? I haven't eaten in three days, is all."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:52:52 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28036 on: May 25, 2015, 09:51:21 am »

((I somehow misread the thing on the wiki, and thought you were selling that MK III at a generous 60% discount. Oops)).

Gus blinks a few times. "Uh... yeah. Sounds good."

"Er... wait- what's an Arndee- er, Andy? Whassitcalledsuitthing you said. What's that?"

Skylar shakes his head, bemused by the misunderstandings
Andy? Heh. That's an interesting nickname... I'll have to give them a new sign later. 'R. Andy' is our research department. They make new gear for us. The standard MCP suits are a newer creation of theirs. They're mostly based on off-ship now, but we still have a few on-site researchers. He pauses mid thought and mumbles briefly to himself Should check if they left any prototypes... could probably use a can of Maurice's concoction... Anyway let's get you some tokens, or see if 'Andy' managed to get the price of their upgraded MCP down under the MK II.

HEY PW, What's the price on the MCP-II! And/Or has Heph finished getting that built with you :P
I have no earthly Idea. Probably about the same as a MKII.

I am good at medical efforts and relatively proficient in the use of amps, but seeing as I'm banned from them for the time being I think I will go to recover the corpses from 19, as I'm of no use otherwise.

Corpse salvage pls

>I'm nervous to let you anywhere near corpses, considering your past tendencies, but I'm even more nervous to let you anywhere near anything valuable and potentially  mission critical so I suppose locking you in a tin can and firing you in the opposite direction of the mission may be the best thing to do.

Xael raises her hand.

"are we getting paid for this?"
"Because this sounds absurdly dangerous."

>Basically everything we do is absurdly dangerous. But yes, you will get paid. Assuming you complete the mission. If not, you may choose to leave your pay to whoever you want or it will be taken by the body politic, here represented by an albino giant.

"I can use exotic weapons, but the only thing I've got right now is a Hive. I'd like to request the salvage mission."

I wanna retrieve corpses.

>Fine. You and the corpse hugger. Grab some maneuver gear from the armory and Grab a shuttle. I hope one of you can fly it.

"Have no good combat skills or good weapons. Don't know much about bombs or electronics. Could salvage, maybe. Would be no good for distraction, I think."

Chief looks around at the others.

"But do not want to force anyone into distraction work. Can stay here, if that is an option."

Chief'd probably be of little use in the distraction team, but would be a bit better suited for salvage. Could be put into the distraction team anyway, but salvage is far more preferable.
>Can you fly a ship?

Aux and Medical, Steve. Sounds like we have enough volunteers for the easy job, though. Guess that places me on the diversion squad.

Volunteer for both, but I assume I'm going on suicide squad

I'd like to take the Safe and Easy job, if possible.
And I'm an Exo user.

I'll got a little Uncon, no Aux, and good Con skills. But also unknown spess magic skinsuit effects. I will go where I am needed.
((sorry for late reply. I was busy yesterday.))

Kai looks up from his bacon when Steve makes his announcement, a look of both surprise and concern growing on his face. He gets up and runs to the armoury to get some gear.

Sell:

1 Cutting torch.

Buy:

1 "Spektr" Variable Laser: 5 tokens.
1 MCP-II suit.

Then report to hanger, looking nervous.

EDIT: I've gone and wiki'd this.

EDIT2: Refunded cutting torch and picked up MCP-II suit.
(Thank you)

Gus decides he better obey the strange voice in his head.

Track down Skylar Niabs, and try to negotiate delayed payment for his MK III. If I'm successful, suit up and head to the hangar.

(Gus is one token short, but he promises to pay the remainder later.)

Skylar comes out of the barracks wearing the MK III you were looking to rent, fidgeting with the fit as he walks.
Ah... Awkward. Apologies, I'd forgotten about that posting. The missions I've been on lately haven't called for this gear, so I've been renting it out. For a rescue, however...
He shrugs briefly
If it turns out I'm not going, we can talk about renting this. Otherwise, I have spare tokens to loan you for a MK II from our Armory, or that whatever the MK II of that new suit R&D has been working on is... I can't recall the details on that one. Looks uncomfortable to me, but hey, if that's the direction Heph wants to go.

Offer to loan 2 tokens to get a MK II for Gus, assuming I'm cleared to go on this by Milno :P

((I somehow misread the thing on the wiki, and thought you were selling that MK III at a generous 60% discount. Oops)).

Gus blinks a few times. "Uh... yeah. Sounds good."

"Er... wait- what's an Arndee- er, Andy? Whassitcalledsuitthing you said. What's that?"

Accept offer, buy MKII, go to hangar.
(Can we assume Elias thought to put on his MCP?)

Elias turns to the synth-flesh golem giving orders, who he thought was the leader.

I'm decent with unconventional weapons and exotics, not great at much else, besides basic repairs. As far as equipment goes, all I have with me is my cleaver, this... kinetic glove, I think, and a "microwave psychokinetic amplifier". I'm not sure which mission I'd be more useful on, and I'm not entirely sure what's going on, so would you mind assigning me to one?

Ask Steve to be assigned to one of the missions. Afterwards, if not wearing MCP, go find it and put it on, then return to hangar
(Yes)

>OK, Out of the rest of you, who has the best Aux skills and the best Uncon. We need a guy to rig the bombs (Aux) and a guy to arm them and set up a backup timer, just in case (Uncon).

Name: Duncan Hudson
    Appearance: Thinning hair. Generally wears a tracksuit. Often stares into space for long unexplained periods.
    Personal information: Prone to wandering off, goes to sleep unusually easily.
    Reason assigned to HMRC / Reason to join ARM: Feels in need of adventure, action, relations with beautiful women after passing through middle age. Oh, and killed a guy. With a pool ball.
    Stats:        Strength: 0
                     Dexterity: -1
                     Endurance: +2
                     Charisma: -1
                     Mind: +1
                     Fate: -1
                     Intuition: -1
    Skills:             Handiwork: +2 (Best in class at arts and crafts in 4th grade)
                        Conventional Weapons: -1
                         Unconventional Weapons: -1
                         Exotic weapons: 0
                         Auxiliary systems: -1
                         Medical tech: -1
                         General Knowledge: +1

Class: Wandering Bureaucrat

I can buy weapons on missions, right?
Hey new guy. Welcome aboard. Our last bureaucrat had a hell of a job writing up apology notes even while the atrocities were being commited. I don't think he lasted very long. I hope you fare better.

SOMEONE WIKI THIS GUY.

Also if you want to buy weapons or gear, now is the time.
((Sorry, did I just interrupt the game?))
Nah, you're in the right place.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28037 on: May 25, 2015, 10:02:30 am »

"I could do the Aux stuff, if no one is better suited."
+0 Aux skill. [/quote] <-- This is a test, sorry.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:58:46 pm by Egan_BW »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28038 on: May 25, 2015, 10:04:53 am »

"Right, can I buy 5 smoke bombs and one of those swanky Nyar's boxes for 4 tokens? I just love stuff that comes in boxes....

"Or failing that, can I get a 4-token battle axe, preferably made out of some highly precious metal?

"Or failing that, something efficient and sensible I probably won't cut my own nose off with?"

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #28039 on: May 25, 2015, 10:41:19 am »

I have +1 Aux.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28040 on: May 25, 2015, 11:18:36 am »

"Can steer a boat. Have never flown a ship before. Could learn, given time."

Retroactively obtain an MCP-II suit for 3 tokens just in case.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:21:32 am by Harry Baldman »

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28041 on: May 25, 2015, 01:26:34 pm »

Elias thought about the albino's question.

Well, I don't know how good anyone else is, but I have a 0 in Aux, and a +1 in Unconventional. I suppose that makes me responsible for setting the bombs, if nobody else is better at it.

Tell Steve his skills, volunteer himself for "arming the bombs and setting a backup timer".

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28042 on: May 25, 2015, 01:42:54 pm »

Go back to the AM, and sell back my unused MK-II. Buy a 3-token MCP-II instead. Use the remaining two tokens to buy a force infuser.

((If I did all the math right, I should now have an MCP-II, a Force infuser, the fully loaded X3 Civilian Gauss Rifle + 2 Spare Clips, and 0 tokens. And I owe Kriellya 2 tokens.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28043 on: May 25, 2015, 01:46:37 pm »

Have a +1 Aux and a +1 in unconventional. Let Steve decided if I am to help set the bombs.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28044 on: May 25, 2015, 01:48:40 pm »

"Right, can I buy 5 smoke bombs and one of those swanky Nyar's boxes for 4 tokens? I just love stuff that comes in boxes....

"Or failing that, can I get a 4-token battle axe, preferably made out of some highly precious metal?

"Or failing that, something efficient and sensible I probably won't cut my own nose off with?"

((So do I edit the wiki myself, in my inventory page?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28045 on: May 25, 2015, 01:54:04 pm »

Milno is currently facepalming after the kind of basic failure that could have been easily avoided had Rookie listened to him, or even spent some more time thinking. He's gone over the last few seconds of recording and discovered they done something stupid with the usual fleet of foot that dumb decisions appear by in one's mind. He shouldn't have looked away from the feed even for a second, he shouldn't have allowed himself to wait for a response from Steve. No, it seems as though he has to treat everyone around him as a bunch of babies to prevent easily-prevented disasters from happening.

"Please tell me we have all of the data we went there to get and the only part they messed up was the distraction phase to save the ground team." He asked of Steve, hoping it had only been a half-failure.

Receive confirmation from Steve that we got the info at least.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28046 on: May 25, 2015, 02:38:19 pm »

Can't fly for shit, and I really am very bad at machinery. Other guy, you do it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28047 on: May 25, 2015, 02:42:47 pm »

I think Aux would be me.

+3 Aux, +0 Uncon, as Steve asked.

((So do I edit the wiki myself, in my inventory page?))

(( I would generally wait for PW. The Nyars box in particular we need him for, as the system has changed and there's no set price on the boxes anymore. But otherwise, yeah, for standard purchases you are welcome to edit yourself. The Wiki Gnomes encourage that you register with Wikia for accountability purposes, but it's not required. Anyone can edit, and IP's are logged if an issue does come up :P ))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28048 on: May 25, 2015, 05:00:28 pm »

((You "Last Bureaucrat" is currently on fleshfungusplanet and has managed to hold himself together very well, thank you very much :P))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28049 on: May 26, 2015, 12:07:56 am »

Inquire impatiently as to whether i can just set up the bombs and stay on the sword.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 1868 1869 [1870] 1871 1872 ... 2101