_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1863 1864 [1865] 1866 1867 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926198 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #27960 on: May 05, 2015, 01:59:34 pm »

Getting what's left of them moving and fighting, possibly while replacing parts too far-gone to repair quickly with mechanical substitutes. I'd be interested in the costs of doing a full regeneration, but in the field speed and efficiency is likely better. I imagine the regeneration systems we have are quite slow to use and expensive to have in the field.

Ah, alright. How much would it be to buy extra limbs, or does the infirmary just hand them out?

More chatting!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27961 on: May 05, 2015, 02:19:50 pm »

Go to the back room door. Knock twice.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27962 on: May 07, 2015, 10:48:57 pm »

Xael wakes up in a strange, cold metal room. in most circumstances this would be mildly concerning, but in this case it's better than was expected.

"Ugh... didn't I just Die?" She looks around, and sees a stasis pod in the corner.
That would explain it.

"How long was I in there? and what is this place? I thought I was being sent to the HMRC."
[/RP]

Put on convenient clothes, Speak out loud in case any Gods are listening in.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #27963 on: May 11, 2015, 04:40:14 pm »

Go to the infirmary in that case, get the thing installed.

"Are there any patients or corpses I could ... well, 'experiment' sounds too sinister. I need practice with performing various medical procedures - I have all the skill needed to do so, but I've never actually performed any medicine. Specifically taking body parts from one thing and putting them into another thing. And cutting the outer layer of the body open in order to gain access to the inside so I can do things inside it. Is there anything I could help on regarding that?"

To translate that, ask the infirmary staff if I can practice performing medical procedures of all kinds on patients/corpses they have lying around. That or maybe being tutored in the things by one of the doctors there.
They politely tell you that corpses have what they consider better uses around here. Though, they do mention that any corpses you find or make are yours to do with as you please.

Wake up, eat my maggots to get them back in my digestive tract, order a water to wash away the maggot taste, and try to make battlestims bugs again. If I can't wake up, dream of counting sheep.
Missed me.
You wake up and find that the bartender has wiped away most of your maggots and is finishing off the last of them. He seems completely unfazed.

You order a drink but you're not sure you should try again with an empty stomach.

Walking into the Mess Hall, Elias promptly grins. He had been hoping to find food and company, and was surprised to find either of them, let alone both. Returning to a less unnerving expression, he sits heavily beside Kai, a bit closer than most would be comfortable with. After ordering black coffee and helping himself to a slice of bacon, he strikes up a conversation with Kai, inquiring about the HMRC and his newfound acquaintance.
Sit down, order coffee, and eat. Ask Kai about himself and the HMRC.
You get yourself a cup of coffee and steal some bacon. You ask Kai about himself and the HMRC and wait for him to respond.

"so let me get this straight...
After consulting with a fellow ex-prisoner who has no right to say what i can do with, insert into, or remove from my body...
His recommendation is to leave in the implant because i have previously, and likely will again, attempted to shoot one of my peers specifically because they were responsible for the activation of said implant.
do you see a problem with this logic? because from where im standing it seems like he wants me to shoot people.

Guess ill just have to wait until he gets back and covince him its in his best interests to not argue."

get implant removed, i have other things that i need to do like figure out what the hell my nyarstifact tusks do and weve already wasted close to a week on this.

Resume study of my saubrious border artifact.
How many tusks are there exactly?
Do they have any scrimshaw or other notable features?
Does the box contain hints?
Do the "root" ends look semi-alive still?
Have the doc look at them again, does their makeup show any indication they would serve a medicinal purpose?

There look to be 4.
No, they seem completely organic, save for their end points, where they appear to have been snapped off from whatever created them.
None that you see. All it contains is the tusks. It's otherwise completely sterile.
No, they look as though they were snapped or broken off from something. The root isn't a clean cut, but it's also not organic looking.
You'd have to send him a picture and wait for a response, since he's on heph
"I will be doing something important in my life, eventually."

"No, I haven't, and I don't think they have a night school here. Maybe I should start one."

"Hey, they started it. All I did was cut them up. Not like they used those brains of theirs anyways."

Become besties with my new voices: Edgar, Allen and Poe! I hope they're permanent.
You talk to the voices but they don't respond, they just keep lightly heckling you. The voices are starting to fade and go quiet though.

"Hm."

Chief's imagination appeared to be going in one direction currently. Must be that time of year again.

Mangle it further. Bend, twist, cut, shape. Harness the deep unease of castration anxiety in this work of art.
You drop it on your foot.

"OW DARN SHOOT POOP GOSH DANG"

spacecraft racing.
Spacecraft racing is a thing. But it's...rather different then you would think. See, the races take months, even years. And they're not controlled by men, but by computers. The sport, the skill, comes from the creation of the systems, the ships. It's really more of an engineer's challenge then something for an adrenaline junky to watch.

Getting what's left of them moving and fighting, possibly while replacing parts too far-gone to repair quickly with mechanical substitutes. I'd be interested in the costs of doing a full regeneration, but in the field speed and efficiency is likely better. I imagine the regeneration systems we have are quite slow to use and expensive to have in the field.

Ah, alright. How much would it be to buy extra limbs, or does the infirmary just hand them out?

More chatting!
"Depends. I can probably sell you limbs in bulk for relatively cheap, and the tools are a one time expense. Organs are a bit more expensive, but the heart and lungs are all you'll really need, plus maybe some nerve tissue substitutes. The problem is resuscitation. See, getting the body back in "Working order" is one thing, kickstarting it all back into motion at the same time is another. We use organic systems that repair and restart the metabolism, but that sort of thing is basically impossible to do in the field without some kind of camp. So you'd be able to save someone who is dying or very recently dead but not quite "gone", but unless you get to work on them ASAP, you're not gonna be able to manage it."

"Whatcha want? You got money?"

Xael wakes up in a strange, cold metal room. in most circumstances this would be mildly concerning, but in this case it's better than was expected.

"Ugh... didn't I just Die?" She looks around, and sees a stasis pod in the corner.
That would explain it.

"How long was I in there? and what is this place? I thought I was being sent to the HMRC."
[/RP]

Put on convenient clothes, Speak out loud in case any Gods are listening in.

>Try not to worry about it. For now, if someone hands you a gun, shoot it at the scariest looking thing and duck when bullets come back at you.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27964 on: May 11, 2015, 04:45:06 pm »

Watch it anyway. Maybe I'll find it interesting.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27965 on: May 11, 2015, 05:08:41 pm »

"...Steve, is there anyone currently on ship who's drugged themselves to the point of incapacitation? If so, could you point me to their room after I get this one thing?"

Walk over to the Armory master.

"Can I have a knife, please? It doesn't have to be fancy, just a regular cutting blade."

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27966 on: May 11, 2015, 08:46:18 pm »

Use the datapad to watch that thing with how Steve would fight using Milno and sharkmist.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27967 on: May 11, 2015, 11:12:51 pm »

Might. More importantly, I think you have something in there that belongs to me. I'd like to see it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:40:10 am by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27968 on: May 11, 2015, 11:42:22 pm »

Order some food, preferably something smothered in cheese, and eat it. Or go eat in the cafeteria if there is no bar food.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #27969 on: May 12, 2015, 11:05:37 am »

((I was expecting normal sized portions of bacon, not an entire pig. But that doesn't matter. I like bacon!))

Kai looked up in moderate surprise when Elias sat down next to him. Few people talked to him much. Kai hardly knew where to start.

I-I-I'm Kai. K-Kai Branden. I've not been here for very long, only been on one mission. So far. Kai shivers at the unpleasant memories of the Eater possessing his teammates.
I'm here because, well, I was tricked I suppose. Anyway, we're not the HMRC anymore. We are now known as ARM and are rebelling against the UWM. They started before I came out of stasis.
Kai looks around him for a moment, looking slightly sad. The ship looked different then too. So much has changed since I entered stasis...

Kai brightens up again. Anyway, we're ARM now. We no longer do highly dangerous missions on behalf of the UWM, we now do highly dangerous missions for our own benefit. Or so I've been told. Assuming we survive the missions.

Kai suddenly realises that his mountain of bacon is starting to cool, and tucks in.

((Missed me again.))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27970 on: May 12, 2015, 11:14:12 am »

Melt the bit of scrap down in petty revenge, and construct a faux-high-tech device, a whatsit made of 0.5 pounds of scrap that looks very impressive and valuable, but has no actual function.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27971 on: May 12, 2015, 12:35:42 pm »

try sticking all four in a ring shape around an injured tammate. if no injured teammates are found, stab xan in the leg.
if that doesnt work, ask xan if i can stab him in the chin with them to try and give him mutant powers.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27972 on: May 12, 2015, 07:33:31 pm »

try sticking all four in a ring shape around an injured tammate. if no injured teammates are found, stab xan in the leg.
if that doesnt work, ask xan if i can stab him in the chin with them to try and give him mutant powers.

"Fuck off, Auron, I don't need yet more anomalous effects around me at the moment."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27973 on: May 14, 2015, 05:55:22 am »

Alright, that gives me some ideas... Could I get a price on the tools, and... let's say a full set of limbs, vitals, and nervous connectors? For one fully dismantled knight, I suppose.

Chat chat, then catch PW and torture him with some tinker :P
(( I'll try and catch you for that in IRC, PW. I think I have a fair idea of what I want to be doing? Hopefully? We'll see XD ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #27974 on: May 14, 2015, 11:47:29 am »

Watch it anyway. Maybe I'll find it interesting.
Right now they're giving a 6th week update about the ships having to take a bend that goes through the very upper reaches of a star's corona. They report that 3 ships have been lost and that several others have had to shed levels of ablative shielding. Most ships are using solar sails to speed themselves up for the return trip.

"...Steve, is there anyone currently on ship who's drugged themselves to the point of incapacitation? If so, could you point me to their room after I get this one thing?"

Walk over to the Armory master.

"Can I have a knife, please? It doesn't have to be fancy, just a regular cutting blade."

She gives you a standard combat knife.

Use the datapad to watch that thing with how Steve would fight using Milno and sharkmist.
You don't wanna try fighting your doppelganger? And what should he fight against?

Might. More importantly, I think you have something in there that belongs to me. I'd like to see it.
The door opens to a smoky, dimly lit back room.

"What are you talking about?"

Order some food, preferably something smothered in cheese, and eat it. Or go eat in the cafeteria if there is no bar food.
There's nothing to eat in the bar except chips and nuts, so you head to the cafeteria and get a cheese pizza.

((I was expecting normal sized portions of bacon, not an entire pig. But that doesn't matter. I like bacon!))

Kai looked up in moderate surprise when Elias sat down next to him. Few people talked to him much. Kai hardly knew where to start.

I-I-I'm Kai. K-Kai Branden. I've not been here for very long, only been on one mission. So far. Kai shivers at the unpleasant memories of the Eater possessing his teammates.
I'm here because, well, I was tricked I suppose. Anyway, we're not the HMRC anymore. We are now known as ARM and are rebelling against the UWM. They started before I came out of stasis.
Kai looks around him for a moment, looking slightly sad. The ship looked different then too. So much has changed since I entered stasis...

Kai brightens up again. Anyway, we're ARM now. We no longer do highly dangerous missions on behalf of the UWM, we now do highly dangerous missions for our own benefit. Or so I've been told. Assuming we survive the missions.

Kai suddenly realises that his mountain of bacon is starting to cool, and tucks in.

((Missed me again.))
You eat enough bacon to make up for those missed turns

BACON

Melt the bit of scrap down in petty revenge, and construct a faux-high-tech device, a whatsit made of 0.5 pounds of scrap that looks very impressive and valuable, but has no actual function.
You make something that looks like either a ray gun or maybe a high tech dildo.

Heh.

Auron comes over and just stabs Xan in the leg.

"AHHH YOU FUCK. YOU FUCK!"

Alright, that gives me some ideas... Could I get a price on the tools, and... let's say a full set of limbs, vitals, and nervous connectors? For one fully dismantled knight, I suppose.

Chat chat, then catch PW and torture him with some tinker :P
(( I'll try and catch you for that in IRC, PW. I think I have a fair idea of what I want to be doing? Hopefully? We'll see XD ))

"The tools are gonna be about 4-5 tokens, the parts...well thats a lot of them. You want forearms and stuff or just the whole limb?"

Pages: 1 ... 1863 1864 [1865] 1866 1867 ... 2101