_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1852 1853 [1854] 1855 1856 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922292 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #27795 on: April 13, 2015, 10:49:55 pm »

Jobasio watched as his ping-pong opponent hastily changed his mind and wandered off.
Clearly, he'd been intimidated by Jobasio's athletic physique and dramatic appearance. He really needed to get a cape at some point. Possibly made of velvet or somesuch. Yes, that would work quite well. He nods to himself, then walks off.

>Go check on Whig and ensure my locker is locked, then head into stasis.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27796 on: April 13, 2015, 11:20:23 pm »

Once again, D'usse topples out a locker naked and covered in snacks.

"IT KEEPS HAPPENING."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27797 on: April 14, 2015, 12:26:05 am »

"I'd say I'm disappointed in your lack on confidence in my magic spooky artifact, Flint, but I wasn't sure how it would work out either. Thanks for giving me a chance to try it. I should probably head off to the stasis pods though. Seems like we might be leaving soon." Jason responds to Flint. If Flint has nothing else to say, he heads to the pods.

Try to save the knowledge of how to pilot Gilgamesh in my memory, then to the pod.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27798 on: April 14, 2015, 04:30:18 am »

So, I got my character and all. Do I need confirmation from PW or where do I go now? (I read the new player guide on the wiki and apparently I can start playing now?)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27799 on: April 14, 2015, 04:37:26 am »

((Actually you still need a bit more adjustment of your sheet...sorry
Intelligence and Will got merged to form one stat, Mind.
Intuition got moved to the Stats, not Skills.
There's a stat called Fate (would not recommend deducting points from this) and a skill called General Knowledge (essentially you put points in this if your character'd know stuff. If he were an ignorant jackass or something feel free to deduct points). Aside from that you look good - just fix up your character sheet and edit in an action in the post with the sheet, and if PW accepts you (trick statement, if the sheet's good he will) you can just start killing people horsing around!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #27800 on: April 14, 2015, 04:39:35 am »

grab assault suit & Jet Magnum from team fund if still available to me (i.e. Radio approves) (just found the PM today from syvarris), go on mission
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 04:44:52 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27801 on: April 14, 2015, 04:43:56 am »

((Actually you still need a bit more adjustment of your sheet...sorry
Intelligence and Will got merged to form one stat, Mind.
Intuition got moved to the Stats, not Skills.
There's a stat called Fate (would not recommend deducting points from this) and a skill called General Knowledge (essentially you put points in this if your character'd know stuff. If he were an ignorant jackass or something feel free to deduct points). Aside from that you look good - just fix up your character sheet and edit in an action in the post with the sheet, and if PW accepts you (trick statement, if the sheet's good he will) you can just start killing people horsing around!))

Sweet, thanks dude. I think it's all good now. (The minmax in my character is real)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27802 on: April 14, 2015, 04:46:01 am »

((Tommy and Xan have almost identical character sheets, though Xan's even more minmaxed.
We're going to be the best of friends, I can tell.
Would he be open to performing questionable medical procedures on a willing subject, by chance?))
Sig! Onol

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27803 on: April 14, 2015, 04:52:05 am »

((Would he be open to performing questionable medical procedures on a willing subject, by chance?))
((Willing subject? Now that's new.))

((We should also take this to OOC, probably.))
Dying of laughter?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27804 on: April 14, 2015, 09:17:25 am »

grab assault suit & Jet Magnum from team fund if still available to me (i.e. Radio approves) (just found the PM today from syvarris), go on mission
((Sorry, it's been taken.))

Make a request to the general to allow me to purchase a laser rifle with the team fund. If yes, do so. if no than get ready for the mission.
((Approved, but that's the last thing, team fund is 'closed' from now.))

prepare for jump to hyperspace stasis procedures.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 09:21:01 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27805 on: April 14, 2015, 09:37:58 am »

((It occurs to me to remind the people taking the Plasma Stakes/Jet Magnums, that the ammo for them comes in two varieties.

Single shot ammo needs manual reloads after each shot. A five-shot autoloader (essentially a mechanized magazine), appropriately, lasts 5 shots before needing a reload, but is more expensive. Cost doesn't matter for prototyping, but the autoloaders are in limited supply. Only 4 were shipped, 20 shots worth. Single slugs are less limited. Please list how much of which ammo type you intend to take.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #27806 on: April 14, 2015, 01:26:44 pm »

As you wish.
smiles with an almost youthful joy as he goes off to get the microwave and the laser rifle from the armory. After wards he goes to the haphaestus to work
Amp or Manipulator? I'll let the [wiki] people guess.  However, you're gonna have a heck of a hard time walking to Hephaestus. It's an entirely different planet in an entirely different solar system. You'll need some good shoes because you'll be walking for several thousands or tens of thousands of years.

He doesn't have enough tokens for either amp or manip after purchasing MK II.
He is trying to get the household appliance kind of microwave.
Somewhat more specifically, he's trying to get a Magnetron that generates microwaves, that he could hook up to a laser rifle's power supply. For purely nefarious purposes.
Well, put it on his wiki page, we'll assume he has it.

"Right, so they tried to come up with a fancy name for 'prison'? Cause I do remember about being caught while...Uh, driving 'round and stuff." He raised an eyebrow at the "news" and crossed his arms at that, so he barely woke up and they were in the middle of some kind of war? That was just lovely, really. "Right, right. Seems like I have a lot to catch up with, at least if I don't end up getting killed."Iveso was still confused about all of that, but the mention of the armory got him interested right away, especially because he didn't want to keep going around with that lame outfit yet.

He nodded to the other and glanced at the wristpad, just noticing that thing now. "Alright then, I will make sure to contact him while getting ready for the fight. As long as I find something to pilot, I am sure this might be...Interesting."As it seemed the other was giving him some kind of introduction, he offered his hand and grinned at him. "Iveso Zales, ex-driver I guess. Nice to meet you, Maurice. Thanks for the heads up about the mission and stuff, now I gotta hurry up!" With a brief nod he moved away to already look for the armory, besides trying to use the wristpad to talk to the General. "General Miyamoto? It is Iveso Zales here, one of the rookies who just got out of the stasis pod. I am just checkin' if there is room for another guy in the mission, because I am already getting geared up here."When he stepped into the armory, that grin returned to his face, it was christmas to Iveso with all those guns there.
Get geared up(Outfit/armor-wise). Buy Spektr and get the Assaultsuit with a Plasma Stake, after that move to the stasis pod.
If all this checks out as above board, [wiki]

Ulrich Leland. Location: Nyars corner.

Give Nyars most warmest smile I can muster on my face.
"Sleep one eye open."

Ready.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
No idea why you're antagonizing a man with a bat, but ok.

"How is Xan, Steve? Did he survive the procedure?"

Ask Steve about Xan.

>He's fine. Back to "normal".

"Alright. Miyamoto tasked me with managing him, so I've got a few requests, for while I'm down on that Haebi spore world. If he tries to buy anything from the armory that our... less complex troopers call "space magic", give him a shock. If he tries to buy it from another trooper, give him a harder one. If he still manages to get his hands on anything like that, knock him out, and have someone take it for safekeeping."

Asking Steve to keep an eye on Xan for me while I'm on-mission, giving him a shock if he does anything bad.

Go get into stasis for the jump.

>Will Do.

I suppose I should get the amp installed in my head and then go to stasis. Woo, bughunt!
Done
"Hey Steve? Quick question for you. Would it be possible for you to route Joker teams cameras through my HUD? I just need small windows on the side. In case people decide to go off mission, I can see it and, ahem, "remind" them. With their shock implants."

Ask above. Then go to stasis.

On his way to stasis, Thaddeus' wristpad beeps. He takes a moment to read through it before shrugging and writing one out himself.

Quote from: Thaddeus To: Yancy, Mesk, Auron, Dubley, and Pancaek
Slight change of plans everyone. The head of Joker team had a better idea for our entry into the ship. And I actually like it more, we should have a higher chance of success. Instead of splitting us up, we are now going to place the hull opener about halfway between robot storage and the main computer. I, Pancaek, and Dubley will enter first and seal off the hallway that leads to the rest of the ship with goop. We are doing this to try and buy the other three more time and to keep them from getting overwhelmed by the robots. The other three will enter after we have pushed the robots back, and they will head into the main computer to complete their job. The rest of the mission should remain the same. Any questions?
>Sure.

((Well, I've finished tinkering for now.))

Leave VR and go to watch the others depart. Also greet some of the new recruits. I might not see them again.
You make some terminal handshakes, so to speak.
And I will keep you in mine, friend. May Mistress smile on you, and prolong your "suffering" of being alive despite whatever nightmares you might come across on your way. Take care wherever the light of Steve leads you. Maurice returned the hug with a smile.

Oh well, we should probably both hurry. The departure is almost upon us, and I am sure we both have unfinished business.
Maurice took a step back and bowed in a sharp and formal way, smiling vibrantly. Good luck. Vaya con Steve, Friend Lars. With that as his final goodbye he left the room.

Process the second EKG Miyamoto sent me, and send him the results of reading the data.

Return to Nyars and continue the regular customer discount discussion.
Let's say a customer is regular by the fourth purchased Nyartifact? Because one or two is reasonable and not an indication of any regularity, and three is border case. While four clearly denotes someone obsessed with vested interest in the Nyartifact trade.

Regardless of being granted customer discount, purchase the LIMPID FAN from Nyars. Then proceed to pack my belongings, the M17 brains & patients assets and get ready to be transported to Hephaestus. Oh, and drop by the Armory to get a nice greeting card with a night forest picture. (Don't ask.)

You tell miya that it looks much the same as before, but slightly more stressed.

Hm. I'll discuss it with the council

[wiki] it up

Go get a big bag of nuts, and a big bag of washers. Then get ready for stasis/drop.
[wiki]
leave the microwave I can always make the microwave shot gun later get to departure unless I have enough time to finish it and still get to departer
Well, you have the magnetron. But I'm not entirely certain that just hooking it up to the laser power supply would turn it into a microwave gun.

Don't we already have a microwave gun?

"Not a lot of time left, then." Milno scratches his chin lightly with his mechanical hand, pondering something.

To the stasis pods. Possibly ironing out that thing we talked earlier via IRC tonight.

When the next batch of missions starts, be there in full armor to send off Joker team.

Pm me about the stuff from last night. We'll work it out there.
I dunno what's happening with Xan, so can we assume for convenience that he gets woken up and does his breakdown thing after the transit?
Assume you wake up with everyone else after the jump
Chief, after getting up from a woefully insufficient period of sleep right after staying up for about 72 hours, with slight naps inbetween, wanders the ship for a moment confusedly, has a bluesmoke to clear the mind, then gets podded.
Don't worry, you'll have a few years to sleep.
(I heard this was the place to post the character sheet. Sorry if it isn't.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Be awakened from stasis!
You're going right back in, unfortunately, we're making a jump.

You been approved for a mission or are you staying here?

Dubley runs to Lars "Brother Lars, Brother Lars, I'm going on an important mission. Can you please give me the symbols and blessings of Ingram and his buddies?"

Lars smiled.  "Certainly, Brother Dubley.  May the blessings of the gods be with you always." With a word of prayer, Brother Lars inscribed the Arrow of Ingram on Dubley's ranged weapons, the Sword of Vo-Nos on his melee weapons, and the Circle of Algis on his armor.

Brother Lars Mondo Getting Ready Action:

Get all sorts of symbol-inscribing gear from the AM. Buy:
 - Raduga
 - Long Range Battlesuit

...for 26 tokens.  Inquire to AM about what kind of ammo this thing needs/takes.

Inscribe:

White Circle of Algis:

Battlesuit, front and center
Dubley's suit, spike armor, and helmet
Bartolomew's suit

Sword of Vo-Nos:
Zayne's Machete
Dubley's pickaxe

Arrow of Ingram:
Zayne's Hand Laser
Bartholomew's Spektr
Dubley's Number Gun, Spektr, and Chem Thrower

Pray for the soul of Yaroslov, and may his sins be forgiven.

[Wiki] it up mother fuckers
Tek grabs a marker from the armory and draws a comb on his suit's torso.  After that, he gets in a pod for travel.
Alright

Jobasio watched as his ping-pong opponent hastily changed his mind and wandered off.
Clearly, he'd been intimidated by Jobasio's athletic physique and dramatic appearance. He really needed to get a cape at some point. Possibly made of velvet or somesuch. Yes, that would work quite well. He nods to himself, then walks off.

>Go check on Whig and ensure my locker is locked, then head into stasis.
It's fine, for now.

Now, if you are NOT going on any of the missions, or being shipped of to various places, assume you stay here. Assume you wake up, falling out of the stasis pod as per usual, but this time you're in a room, rather then that cold and uncaring barracks. This room is about 12 feet (or 4 meters) on all sides, a nice spacious cube of metal. There's a bed with a simple metal frame and grayish sheets, blankets and pillows, as well as a suit of grayish clothing folded upon said bed waiting for you. There is also a metal desk shoved up against one wall, with a footlocker under it. This footlocker now contains all your stuff from your locker. There's a protruding metal box in one corner of the room which contains a toilet, sink and shower, all of them simple but functional. The only other things in the room are a light fixture, a little glowing cube hanging from the ceiling, and a door with a keypad next to it.  This keypad contains the numbers 0-9 and buttons labeled "VISIT", "LOCK", "EXIT" and "LIGHTS"

Those of you who ARE going on missions, Please see your threads for your send off and starting place.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #27807 on: April 14, 2015, 01:32:42 pm »

Ok I have a magnetron with me and a laser rifle along with mkII armor on woohoo let's blast these suckers!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27808 on: April 14, 2015, 01:46:36 pm »

Neat.

Lights and Lock seem pretty straightforward...look around for a combo for the door, or a way to set one with the keypad.

((Can I also assume I'm back to a normal or normal-ish shape? Or will I need to chew on the buttons?))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 02:14:52 pm by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The process of awakening from stasis has always been a sickening experience for Xan - the sudden shift from utter stillness of mind to even the slow creep of feelings at the back of his mind is disorientating and gives him a headache. He reaches groggily for his head, cradling it in his hands against the pain-
And he freezes. He opens his eyes to see his hands.
His hands.
He went to sleep without limbs, he should not have woken up with hands.
He quickly concentrated. He willed his limbs to shift to something else. Something more ... serpentine. With scales. But there was no change forthcoming.
Xan frowned. He concentrated again on his limbs. Change. Change! CHANGE! But nothing was forthcoming but the strange phantom ache that results from concentrating too hard.
His hands are trembling, and his thin chest is heaving with panicked breaths.
I can't change. Why can't I change?!
He rolls off the table he woke up lying on and scrambles under it, frantically glancing around at the room he finds himself in. White walled. Sterile. Harsh lighting. Infirmary.
He stays under the table for quite some time, processing his existential crisis and shaking. Eventually he stops, and slowly crawls out from under the table, unfolding to his full height. His eyes are red-rimmed and his face is streaked with tears. He speaks with a shaky voice.
Steve. Steve, am I on the Sword? Why can't I change? What has happened? Why can I not change?

RP now, mayhaps?
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1852 1853 [1854] 1855 1856 ... 2101