_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1850 1851 [1852] 1853 1854 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922398 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #27765 on: April 13, 2015, 02:00:25 pm »

- Thank you, brother Lars.
Yaroslav rises, and bows to brother Lars before leaving.

As he walks away, he stops and shivers (well, he would if he had skin) upon hearing Bartholomew speaking his native language. He then proceeds to the drop pods, hoping he will meet him again to talk.

Ready.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27766 on: April 13, 2015, 02:05:53 pm »

Make a request to the general to allow me to purchase a laser rifle with the team fund. If yes, do so. if no than get ready for the mission.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27767 on: April 13, 2015, 02:07:33 pm »

Zayne nodded, "Thank you," He heard the other people mention Lar's name, "Brother Lars."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27768 on: April 13, 2015, 02:12:09 pm »

I suppose I should get the amp installed in my head and then go to stasis. Woo, bughunt!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27769 on: April 13, 2015, 02:29:23 pm »

Yancy grabs all his gear, stows it, and gets ready for the jump.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27770 on: April 13, 2015, 02:34:26 pm »

"Hey Steve? Quick question for you. Would it be possible for you to route Joker teams cameras through my HUD? I just need small windows on the side. In case people decide to go off mission, I can see it and, ahem, "remind" them. With their shock implants."

Ask above. Then go to stasis.

On his way to stasis, Thaddeus' wristpad beeps. He takes a moment to read through it before shrugging and writing one out himself.

Quote from: Thaddeus To: Yancy, Mesk, Auron, Dubley, and Pancaek
Slight change of plans everyone. The head of Joker team had a better idea for our entry into the ship. And I actually like it more, we should have a higher chance of success. Instead of splitting us up, we are now going to place the hull opener about halfway between robot storage and the main computer. I, Pancaek, and Dubley will enter first and seal off the hallway that leads to the rest of the ship with goop. We are doing this to try and buy the other three more time and to keep them from getting overwhelmed by the robots. The other three will enter after we have pushed the robots back, and they will head into the main computer to complete their job. The rest of the mission should remain the same. Any questions?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:05:31 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27771 on: April 13, 2015, 02:51:40 pm »

"I feel... danger in combining the sigils in that way.  It is known that one can use them outside their intended effects- placing the mark of Sulf'ada-zon on flaming weapons does make them more effective- but doing so risks angering the gods or getting reprisal back upon yourself.  I would advise against combining them, but I see no risk in placing them both on you besides the risks inherent in marking yourself with the symbol of Cog-azaon."

Brother Lars closed his eyes for a moment, then nodded.  "I feel that if you are willing to accept the dangers in placing such a mark on you, then you would be safe having them both on your head.  I will certainly pray for your wellbeing in either case, friend."
I agree with your assessment of danger, and would rather not anger and defile the divine beings of the Pantheon that way. Except... if not for me, Friend, among our generation of revolutionaries, who would ever do the radical theological research? You certainly cannot - should not - by definition of being our unit's chaplain, the pillar of stable, reliable, perhaps even conservative, faith. And then again, after this insight into possibility of combining the sigils into one, going back to the safe and merely unusual way of arranging their placement seems boring and rather underpowered.
Maurice half grinned, half smiled with sadness. You know me by know. I have boldness in my blood, right up there together with striving for competence.
...In the end, you were right: I will have to pray and see if the dangerous way is the rewarding one, or merely futile.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #27772 on: April 13, 2015, 02:53:21 pm »

((Well, I've finished tinkering for now.))

Leave VR and go to watch the others depart. Also greet some of the new recruits. I might not see them again.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27773 on: April 13, 2015, 02:58:13 pm »

((+2 now))

Prepare for jump and deployment
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27774 on: April 13, 2015, 03:05:51 pm »

I agree with your assessment of danger, and would rather not anger and defile the divine beings of the Pantheon that way. Except... if not for me, Friend, among our generation of revolutionaries, who would ever do the radical theological research? You certainly cannot - should not - by definition of being our unit's chaplain, the pillar of stable, reliable, perhaps even conservative, faith. And then again, after this insight into possibility of combining the sigils into one, going back to the safe and merely unusual way of arranging their placement seems boring and rather underpowered.
Maurice half grinned, half smiled with sadness. You know me by know. I have boldness in my blood, right up there together with striving for competence.
...In the end, you were right: I will have to pray and see if the dangerous way is the rewarding one, or merely futile.

Brother Lars nodded slowly, a slightly grim expression on his face.  "I understand that some men wish to push the limits of what is safe, but I ask you, friend, please do take care of yourself.  We need good men like yourself to keep us all safe.  Pray hard, and I will do the same for you."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27775 on: April 13, 2015, 03:19:09 pm »

Prepare for lift-off!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27776 on: April 13, 2015, 03:26:21 pm »

Thank you. I... I should not hurry this and should take the time to learn about the ways of gods before I can attempt to interpret them on my own.
Thank you for your guidance. Boldness means nothing without competence, and competence is based on cautiousness. Thank you for reminding me of that. I shall prepare properly before I can attempt to "push the limits of what is safe".

Maurice nodded solemnly, then suddenly beamed a smile at Brother Lars, warm and sunny like the noon on a spring day, reassuring and strong like the hand of an old friend.
After all, I still have to finish my quest to ascertain the sigil of the Mistress Medicine before I can risk my life on quests of other gods, right?
He winked and laughed happily.
Don't worry, friend. I shall take care. You will be my guiding light in the darkness of theological maze of the Pantheon. I will pray hard, and learn all there is to learn. And then I will come back and we will share our revelations.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27777 on: April 13, 2015, 03:36:39 pm »

Brother Lars bowed a bit and smiled.  "I believe you will take care and do well for yourself, friend.  Take care on Hephaestus."  He leaned forward and gave Maurice a quick hug.  "I will keep you in my prayers.  May the light of Steve ever shine on your path."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27778 on: April 13, 2015, 04:08:01 pm »

And I will keep you in mine, friend. May Mistress smile on you, and prolong your "suffering" of being alive despite whatever nightmares you might come across on your way. Take care wherever the light of Steve leads you. Maurice returned the hug with a smile.

Oh well, we should probably both hurry. The departure is almost upon us, and I am sure we both have unfinished business.
Maurice took a step back and bowed in a sharp and formal way, smiling vibrantly. Good luck. Vaya con Steve, Friend Lars. With that as his final goodbye he left the room.

Process the second EKG Miyamoto sent me, and send him the results of reading the data.

Return to Nyars and continue the regular customer discount discussion.
Let's say a customer is regular by the fourth purchased Nyartifact? Because one or two is reasonable and not an indication of any regularity, and three is border case. While four clearly denotes someone obsessed with vested interest in the Nyartifact trade.

Regardless of being granted customer discount, purchase the LIMPID FAN from Nyars. Then proceed to pack my belongings, the M17 brains & patients assets and get ready to be transported to Hephaestus. Oh, and drop by the Armory to get a nice greeting card with a night forest picture. (Don't ask.)
Past Sigs

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27779 on: April 13, 2015, 04:23:15 pm »

Zayne glances around briefly before typing out a message to Heph.
Quote from: Zayne -> Heph
Excuse me but would it be possible to get a prototype of a vehicle I've tinkered up? I'll attach the schematics here,
Spoiler: Hover Board (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:28:12 pm by Shaporia »
Pages: 1 ... 1850 1851 [1852] 1853 1854 ... 2101