_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1849 1850 [1851] 1852 1853 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922877 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #27750 on: April 13, 2015, 12:19:22 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Nyars corner.

Give Nyars most warmest smile I can muster on my face.
"Sleep one eye open."

Ready.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #27751 on: April 13, 2015, 12:20:10 pm »

Guess I'm just going to be messing with the red room microwave and attempting to make it more powerful into a laser shot gun, also I go and purchase a laser rifle
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27752 on: April 13, 2015, 12:23:01 pm »

Guess I'm just going to be messing with the red room microwave and attempting to make it more powerful into a laser shot gun, also I go and purchase a laser rifle
((You got laser rifle already. You are now piss poor.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #27753 on: April 13, 2015, 12:30:38 pm »

- Brother Lars, do you accept confessions?

Brother Lars nodded.  "It is not a common request, but I would be more than happy to lend an ear, and reach out toward the divine on your behalf."
Yaroslav places the sword before him, pointed down, so it forms a cross and bends one knee.
Spoiler: Yaroslavs confession (click to show/hide)

- I also have a blade of your fallen comrade, Jim. I will now carry it down to resist Haebi. Maybe you could help its previous owner guide me through divine powers.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27754 on: April 13, 2015, 12:31:24 pm »

((You got laser rifle already. You are now piss poor.))
(((Ok)))
any one want to help me see if I could make an effective tool out it and maybe this laser rifle
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27755 on: April 13, 2015, 12:36:01 pm »

Get ready for the jump. Do nothing that requires PW to do any extra work. Read 'Driving for beginners' while I wait.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27756 on: April 13, 2015, 12:36:59 pm »

Brother Lars smiled deeply as several members of the flock came to him.  It warmed his heart to see so many paying respect.

((You can assume that these are done sequentially but posted together to save space/time))

Zayne walked over to Lars, "..Could you put one on my machete and hand laser? And.. I'm confused, I'd like guidance. If you could spare the time?"

"Certainly, young Brother.  I would be more than happy to assist with the symbols of the divine." He took the weapon, and carefully inscribed upon the machete the Sword of Vo-Nos.  He next took the laser and placed on it the Arrow of Ingram.  As he worked, he spoke with Zayne.  "Please, tell me how I can help you."
"I.. Had a dream.. A very strange dream, of a sheep with.. Seven? Nine eyes? I don't remember but.. It spoke of my sins. It said the sins of the father are the sins of the son..?" He sighed, rubbing the back of his head, "I don't know what to do."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #27757 on: April 13, 2015, 12:38:42 pm »

"How is Xan, Steve? Did he survive the procedure?"

Ask Steve about Xan.

>He's fine. Back to "normal".

"Alright. Miyamoto tasked me with managing him, so I've got a few requests, for while I'm down on that Haebi spore world. If he tries to buy anything from the armory that our... less complex troopers call "space magic", give him a shock. If he tries to buy it from another trooper, give him a harder one. If he still manages to get his hands on anything like that, knock him out, and have someone take it for safekeeping."

Asking Steve to keep an eye on Xan for me while I'm on-mission, giving him a shock if he does anything bad.

Go get into stasis for the jump.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27758 on: April 13, 2015, 12:41:45 pm »

any one want to help me see if I could make an effective tool out it and maybe this laser rifle
"Yo, lets build this thing."
Help Spazyak make his microwave gun.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:59:41 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27759 on: April 13, 2015, 12:45:34 pm »

"Yo, lets build this thing."
Help Spazyak make his microwave gun.
Once we get this done we head to the drop pods or were ever we need to go for the mission
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27760 on: April 13, 2015, 12:46:15 pm »

Go to Lars:
"Will you bless me, my armor and weapon, Chaplain Lars?"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27761 on: April 13, 2015, 01:01:01 pm »

Brother Lars furrowed his brow at this request.  It was indeed unusual.  "A most interesting request, Friend Maurice.  The sign of Algis is usually placed on the chest, but such is done as a central location, next to the heart.  I have not heard of the mark placed on the head specifically to protect the mind.  Placing such symbols in opposition... the gods work together, so it is unclear how such would interact.  I would be willing to do so, if you are sure.  That said, it may be wise to pray on it first.  How do you feel about that?  If nothing else, the sign of Algis is always protection against mortal dangers."
It is their cooperation that I seek, not opposition. By placing them equally in position of power over mind, I trust both of their competences, I let each god's powers augment the other one's - giving protection to sanity where unrestricted flow of information was meant to be, giving cautious knowledge where white-hot ignorance shielded the mind. I seek the synergy of their blessings.

I agree that praying first might be beneficial, but, as it happens, neither of us would have time for that before we both depart. ...I suppose that another way could be to combine their sigils into one, but therein lies even greater danger, I feel. Specifically, given their shapes, they possibly could be combined into an endlessly repeating pattern - one mark inside another, ad infinitum, so that no one holds dominance over the other - but while theoretically many magnitudes more powerful, this combined sigil poses the danger equal to the power it could hold. And that is not a real danger one can brave - I would accept that without hesitation; that is the danger of interpreting it in a completely wrong way, with the mark having none of the divine essence, inert, mundane and useless.

Yet, upon your advice... that might be the right way to do it, Friend Lars.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27762 on: April 13, 2015, 01:28:15 pm »

Head back to the briefing room and wait to deploy. Watch those gathered around Brother Lars with some interest, but don't approach.

Ready
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:05:55 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27763 on: April 13, 2015, 01:45:04 pm »

Yaroslav places the sword before him, pointed down, so it forms a cross and bends one knee.
Spoiler: Yaroslavs confession (click to show/hide)

- I also have a blade of your fallen comrade, Jim. I will now carry it down to resist Haebi. Maybe you could help its previous owner guide me through divine powers.

Brother Lars smiles and puts his hand on Yaroslav's metal shoulder.  "I hear your words, Brother, and feel a burden lifted from your heart.  Put your faith in Steve and do as he wishes, and you will find redemption in fufilling his divine mandate."

Upon hearing the name Jim, Lars looked surprised.  He leaned in for a closer look, then beamed.  "Brother!  You have been blessed with a divine artifact, it is certain!  General Jim was a powerful angel of Steve, who has been called back to serve at the right hand of Steve.  You should treasure that greatly, as it has been in the hands of someone wonderful."  He raised his arms.  "O General Jim, I call out to you beyond the veil!  May your hands guide the arm of Brother Yaroslav as he carries the weapon you have once touched!"

"I.. Had a dream.. A very strange dream, of a sheep with.. Seven? Nine eyes? I don't remember but.. It spoke of my sins. It said the sins of the father are the sins of the son..?" He sighed, rubbing the back of his head, "I don't know what to do."

Brother Lars leaned back a bit, a quizzical look appearing on his face.  "Dreams can be a way for the gods to speak to man, to provide them a message of some type.  This message can be instructions, guidance, a warning; many things.  A sheep... and sins... it sounds familiar.  I will need to pray on this one.  I will get back to you when I have more guidance."  Brother Lars made a note on this request.

Go to Lars:
"Will you bless me, my armor and weapon, Chaplain Lars?"

Brother Lars smiled again.  "Certainly, Brother."  He lifted his arms in prayer.  "O, spirits of the divine, I humbly request that you protect and guide Brother Bartholomew as he seeks to fulfill the will of Steve!"  Following this, he inscribed the Circle of Algis on the chestplate of his suit and the Arrow of Ingram on his Spektr.

It is their cooperation that I seek, not opposition. By placing them equally in position of power over mind, I trust both of their competences, I let each god's powers augment the other one's - giving protection to sanity where unrestricted flow of information was meant to be, giving cautious knowledge where white-hot ignorance shielded the mind. I seek the synergy of their blessings.

I agree that praying first might be beneficial, but, as it happens, neither of us would have time for that before we both depart. ...I suppose that another way could be to combine their sigils into one, but therein lies even greater danger, I feel. Specifically, given their shapes, they possibly could be combined into an endlessly repeating pattern - one mark inside another, ad infinitum, so that no one holds dominance over the other - but while theoretically many magnitudes more powerful, this combined sigil poses the danger equal to the power it could hold. And that is not a real danger one can brave - I would accept that without hesitation; that is the danger of interpreting it in a completely wrong way, with the mark having none of the divine essence, inert, mundane and useless.

Yet, upon your advice... that might be the right way to do it, Friend Lars.

"I feel... danger in combining the sigils in that way.  It is known that one can use them outside their intended effects- placing the mark of Sulf'ada-zon on flaming weapons does make them more effective- but doing so risks angering the gods or getting reprisal back upon yourself.  I would advise against combining them, but I see no risk in placing them both on you besides the risks inherent in marking yourself with the symbol of Cog-azaon."

Brother Lars closed his eyes for a moment, then nodded.  "I feel that if you are willing to accept the dangers in placing such a mark on you, then you would be safe having them both on your head.  I will certainly pray for your wellbeing in either case, friend."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:53:56 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27764 on: April 13, 2015, 01:55:12 pm »

"The sense is in Algis, who guides protecting sense, the sense is in Ingram, who guides arrow of sense.
Смысл в Алгисе, проводнике смысла защищающего, смысл в Инграме, стрелу смысла провожающего."

Bartholomew quietly prays.
Go to drop pods. Ready.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:02:41 pm by Illgeo »
Pages: 1 ... 1849 1850 [1851] 1852 1853 ... 2101