_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1848 1849 [1850] 1851 1852 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922452 times)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #27735 on: April 13, 2015, 07:45:25 am »

"Well, it would be simpler to just ask, but MSF will help with organization. Also, it is token fund. So will you join?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #27736 on: April 13, 2015, 07:57:25 am »

"Well, it would be simpler to just ask, but MSF will help with organization. Also, it is token fund. So will you join?"
- Sure I will. But mark my words, you're multiplying entities without necessity.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:59:13 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #27737 on: April 13, 2015, 10:11:15 am »

Shrug then go to the bar.
It doesn't exist yet. The renovations will take place during that "Jump and mission start" period.

Oh, and something I forgot, but nobody use non-armory space magic in a panic or without permission. So no random potion drinking, no nyartifact testing, unless strict permission given."
"Would that be including my arms?"

Try on my suit, leave the doom arms out.
We'll assume people help you get that on. I hope you put more points into will during the restat.

Send EKG to Maurice for appraisal.

Also ask the AM what she thinks of the second brain i bought, and if it looks any better than expected.

She says your second brain is "Pretty damn good, above the median for this class"

Ulrich Leland. Location: Infirmary --> Armory

Head to armory, retrieve my Sharksuit prototype and wear it.
The walk past Nyars while giving him a death glare and this universal sign. If he gets violent then defend myself by tossing him across the hallway with Mass Amp in non-lethal manner.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
He just smiles at you.

"Greetings, General Miyamoto.  Tek is Tek.  Tek is honored to meet you.   Is there any chance Tek could request a monoatomic machete and a tesla sabre from the team fund?"

Let's try that again.  Spill some sand, then turn the sand to a longish glass scythe.  Let it not be said that Tek is not stubborn.

You make a scythe out of glass. It's pretty ok, a bit rough and the blade, while pointy, isn't very sharp on the edge.

Stab Zayne just a wee bit enough to get the token at least. I'll save the potion for later than :P
We'll say you run up and jab him with a fork. One token [wiki]
"..The old sins?.. My sins or someone elses?" Zayne asked the sheep again, seeming a bit less confused. About 90% confusion and 10% confusion.

After Zayne gets his answer, he attempts to wake up.
"The sins of the father are the sins of the son. Nothing stays buried forever."

You wake up, jolting up in the hospital bed. You have a sudden and distinct feeling of doom hovering over you. You look around. The area is full of people, all of them busily wandering around and attending to things. But across the room, standing near an empty hospital bed, is one person that isn't moving. He looks rather young, and is grinning at you. You blink and he's not there anymore.

Regular customer discount. The more you buy, the cheaper it is to buy again, so that the person who is clearly on the hook stays that way. Highly profitable for Nyars in the long run since people who have enough tokens to become a regular customer have clearly at least passing marks at "Survival" and "Token acquisition" subjects of HMRC curriculum, so they'll probably have tokens again in the future and still want to spend them on Nyartifacts. Engage social skills!

Take a look at the new Miyamoto's EKG data. Also, log this and the previous EKG results into the medical journal on my datapad.

Sell my old Mk II for 3 tokens back to the Armory. Hold on, other people might be interested in buying it.
Sell my old MkII for 3 tokens to Zoltan Solberg.
((Spazyak's character, about to be approved.))

On your data, General.

Hmm. But how do we decide who is a "regular"?

[wiki]

Hmm. Yeah, don't mess with the nursing staff. They might be stitching my broken body back together in the near future. Go and find a quiet spot somewhere and meditate on the upcoming Joker mission.
Hmm. You feel like this one is gonna be dangerous right from the get go.

Head to the briefing room, lounge back in a chair, and wait for the mission. Observe surroundings.
Right now the most interesting thing happening around there is a man who is making a scythe out of sand. For some reason. Why exactly he thinks a long handle made of glass will hold up to sheering forces is beyond you.
- Two new bodies in a day: well, that's a start. A start of my gruesome end perhaps...
Yaroslav walks down the corridors and gets the two-handed sword from the team fund after a short chit-chat via text messages with general Myamoto about it. He balances it on the tip of his finger, just to be a bit more confident in further usage.
Get sharpening tools, spend the time left before drop slowly sharpening the sword sitting in the corner of the rec room, humming "The End" by Doors
You sharpen your blade and prepare yourself mentally.

Continue to hide in the hanger, and await mission departure.
Come on, come on, come on! Lets get this started! I've got spacemen to kill!
"How is Xan, Steve? Did he survive the procedure?"

Ask Steve about Xan.

>He's fine. Back to "normal".

((@spazyak: Please post the questions in the OOC thread. And if the last post in a thread is yours, it's usually better to use the Modify button to add more to a post instead of posting more messages.))

"By Steve himself, heh. How long 'till we jump?"

Keep talking.

"Couple of Minutes until we begin accelerating."

Yes, it's fairly common, I believe. Side effect of the outdated stasis tech we're using.
Oh, and if you want, the clothes box is right there beside you. Unless you prefer it this way, of course.

Maurice smiled to the newcomer, completely nonchalant about his nudity.
Just out of the pods, I presume? I am Dr. Maurice Sanctor, resident surgeon. Here for treating a person UWM would prefer dead. He chuckled. And you?
I'm new just got hear and uh thanks...realizes he is nudethey couldn't have put me in there with clothes on could they? well thank you doc
dresses up in a near by solitary room
You get dressed in your new MK suit.
As you wish.
smiles with an almost youthful joy as he goes off to get the microwave and the laser rifle from the armory. After wards he goes to the haphaestus to work
Amp or Manipulator? I'll let the [wiki] people guess.  However, you're gonna have a heck of a hard time walking to Hephaestus. It's an entirely different planet in an entirely different solar system. You'll need some good shoes because you'll be walking for several thousands or tens of thousands of years.

Thank the General, head to the Armory, use the team fund to buy a hand cannon (2 Remote Explosive Shells, 1 Molten Shell).

[wiki]
Iveso finally "woke up", clumsily falling from the stasis pod covered in some goo. If he wasn't too busy coughing to take the liquid out of his lungs, he probably would make some comment about that. After a brief coughing session, he slowly stood up and tried to get rid of that goo from his body before moving and reaching for the box near the pod. Even if the outfit was far from being what he used to wear, he wasn't in condition to make requests, so he wore it anyway. "Man, this place is a mess." He mumbled out before trying to get out of the barracks, moving around a tad dizzy yet.

The man rubbed the back of his head and looked to the sides more confused than he was before when his mind began to work properly, mostly because he didn't remember much about what happened before being put in stasis, it had been quite a while after all. While he walked aimlessly, he stopped as soon as he spotted someone, Maurice. He waved to try to get his attention before moving closer. "What is going on? Just got out of one of those gooey pods and I can't even remember how I got there in first place! Could you or someone else tell me what's going on?"
>Its a rather long story but the gist of it for the moment is We're on a Bug Hunt and you're on the front lines. Get dressed and armed.
Go to rec room:
"Ahem... Can I... c-can I have a minute of your time?"
Pretty sure the rec room would give you a minute of its time.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #27738 on: April 13, 2015, 10:11:38 am »

WE'RE LEAVING TOMORROW

GET THE HECK READY.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27739 on: April 13, 2015, 10:26:46 am »

"..I'm so fucked.." He murmered, then got out of bed, heading over to the rec room, getting into VR to tinker his Hover Board and Garrote right quick. He made the designs public.
Zayne then went over to the mess hall, taking a seat and running a hand through his hair with a sigh.

(If this is okay, I'm just doin' it incase Zayne dies so his design can still be there.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:30:21 am by Shaporia »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27740 on: April 13, 2015, 10:34:47 am »

As you wish.
smiles with an almost youthful joy as he goes off to get the microwave and the laser rifle from the armory. After wards he goes to the haphaestus to work
Amp or Manipulator? I'll let the [wiki] people guess.  However, you're gonna have a heck of a hard time walking to Hephaestus. It's an entirely different planet in an entirely different solar system. You'll need some good shoes because you'll be walking for several thousands or tens of thousands of years.

He doesn't have enough tokens for either amp or manip after purchasing MK II.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27741 on: April 13, 2015, 10:42:23 am »

As you wish.

He is trying to get the household appliance kind of microwave.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27742 on: April 13, 2015, 10:52:49 am »

Ready
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27743 on: April 13, 2015, 10:57:26 am »

As you wish.

He is trying to get the household appliance kind of microwave.
Somewhat more specifically, he's trying to get a Magnetron that generates microwaves, that he could hook up to a laser rifle's power supply. For purely nefarious purposes.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27744 on: April 13, 2015, 10:59:42 am »

Brother Lars stands and waves his arms.  "Brothers and sisters!  If you would like me to pray on your behalf or provide you with divine sigils, now is the time before we rest!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27745 on: April 13, 2015, 11:35:03 am »

"Right, so they tried to come up with a fancy name for 'prison'? Cause I do remember about being caught while...Uh, driving 'round and stuff." He raised an eyebrow at the "news" and crossed his arms at that, so he barely woke up and they were in the middle of some kind of war? That was just lovely, really. "Right, right. Seems like I have a lot to catch up with, at least if I don't end up getting killed."Iveso was still confused about all of that, but the mention of the armory got him interested right away, especially because he didn't want to keep going around with that lame outfit yet.

He nodded to the other and glanced at the wristpad, just noticing that thing now. "Alright then, I will make sure to contact him while getting ready for the fight. As long as I find something to pilot, I am sure this might be...Interesting."As it seemed the other was giving him some kind of introduction, he offered his hand and grinned at him. "Iveso Zales, ex-driver I guess. Nice to meet you, Maurice. Thanks for the heads up about the mission and stuff, now I gotta hurry up!" With a brief nod he moved away to already look for the armory, besides trying to use the wristpad to talk to the General. "General Miyamoto? It is Iveso Zales here, one of the rookies who just got out of the stasis pod. I am just checkin' if there is room for another guy in the mission, because I am already getting geared up here."When he stepped into the armory, that grin returned to his face, it was christmas to Iveso with all those guns there.
Get geared up(Outfit/armor-wise). Buy Spektr and get the Assaultsuit with a Plasma Stake, after that move to the stasis pod.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:07:33 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27746 on: April 13, 2015, 11:40:07 am »

Brother Lars stands and waves his arms.  "Brothers and sisters!  If you would like me to pray on your behalf or provide you with divine sigils, now is the time before we rest!"
Zayne walked over to Lars, "..Could you put one on my machete and hand laser? And.. I'm confused, I'd like guidance. If you could spare the time?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #27747 on: April 13, 2015, 11:42:34 am »

- Brother Lars, do you accept confessions?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27748 on: April 13, 2015, 11:52:54 am »

Torn with the deepest doubt, Maurice stood in his tracks, his mind clearly elsewhere.
Can I?.. But do they really exist?.. Am I really saying that, after all those encounters of Mistress? More important question, would that be acceptable?..
No, I am all wrong about it. On the small chance it would really change the things, even just a little, can I ignore this possibility? No. That is what he was all about, after all. Whatever it takes, however small the chance seems. Looking silly or out of my mind to some people is the cheapest price I can pay. This is my way of reaching out for the victory, for the salvation of mankind.

Finally, with a decision made and mind clear of doubt, he approached Brother Lars.
Brother, if you can... I wish to be marked with divine sigils of the Pantheon. I still cannot provide the mark of Mistress, but that might not be necessary; yet I wish to be marked with the sigils of Cog-Azaon and Algis. I wish to drink deep of the well of knowledge, yet I also wish to keep my mind fortress with its gates guarded; with that counter-balancing intention in mind, can that be achieved by the sigils' equal size and symmetrical placement on the forehead sides? I know it's a bit unorthodox, but I believe it fits the spirit of the divine rules on blessing. Furthermore, since this is going to be a very long absence, I am looking for more or less permanent marking - tattooing, I suppose.
Can that be done, Brother?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27749 on: April 13, 2015, 12:11:34 pm »

Brother Lars smiled deeply as several members of the flock came to him.  It warmed his heart to see so many paying respect.

((You can assume that these are done sequentially but posted together to save space/time))

Zayne walked over to Lars, "..Could you put one on my machete and hand laser? And.. I'm confused, I'd like guidance. If you could spare the time?"

"Certainly, young Brother.  I would be more than happy to assist with the symbols of the divine." He took the weapon, and carefully inscribed upon the machete the Sword of Vo-Nos.  He next took the laser and placed on it the Arrow of Ingram.  As he worked, he spoke with Zayne.  "Please, tell me how I can help you."

- Brother Lars, do you accept confessions?

Brother Lars nodded.  "It is not a common request, but I would be more than happy to lend an ear, and reach out toward the divine on your behalf."

Brother, if you can... I wish to be marked with divine sigils of the Pantheon. I still cannot provide the mark of Mistress, but that might not be necessary; yet I wish to be marked with the sigils of Cog-Azaon and Algis. I wish to drink deep of the well of knowledge, yet I also wish to keep my mind fortress with its gates guarded; with that counter-balancing intention in mind, can that be achieved by the sigils' equal size and symmetrical placement on the forehead sides? I know it's a bit unorthodox, but I believe it fits the spirit of the divine rules on blessing. Furthermore, since this is going to be a very long absence, I am looking for more or less permanent marking - tattooing, I suppose.
Can that be done, Brother?

Brother Lars furrowed his brow at this request.  It was indeed unusual.  "A most interesting request, Friend Maurice.  The sign of Algis is usually placed on the chest, but such is done as a central location, next to the heart.  I have not heard of the mark placed on the head specifically to protect the mind.  Placing such symbols in opposition... the gods work together, so it is unclear how such would interact.  I would be willing to do so, if you are sure.  That said, it may be wise to pray on it first.  How do you feel about that?  If nothing else, the sign of Algis is always protection against mortal dangers."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1848 1849 [1850] 1851 1852 ... 2101