_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1846 1847 [1848] 1849 1850 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923046 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #27705 on: April 12, 2015, 05:28:25 pm »

Well, I presume they still play that little old "... You may start screaming now." introductory passage for the newly thawed?
An update is required, then: we are still run by Steve, but we've rebelled against UWM and have taken the name of Allied Revolutionary Movement. We still go on mission for Steve, but these days alien hellzones are about as common as contested UWM ground. You should really ask the Commissar person for the details - he's usually around the place wearing an easily distinguishable military cap and yelling at grunts - but, on the whole, not much has changed. Except we're supposedly not inmates anymore and can ask to be left ashore on any planet we come across, but practically no one takes that option around here.

Dr. Sanctor smiled warmly.
Must be something about this whole "service" that entices us and keeps from running away to boring and safe life. You'll understand it soon.
Anyway, I suggest reporting to General Miyamoto - he's one of the
Maurice took a tiny pause, looking away, then returning his smile to the new guy three Generals running the whole ARM, and he usually oversees mission planning. Ask him if you want to get on this next mission which is about to be launched very soon. He's currently in the hangar, I believe, but you can probably contact him with that wristpad computer of yours - everyone has one here, it's the basic equipment every new former inmate receives, like the initial five tokens. He'll provide you with further instructions on what to do if you'd prefer not to wait for the next mission to come around.
Turning to the robot greeting him, Maurice smiled again sunnily.
Yes, how can I help you?
so nothing much has changed other then limited resources? is there some where for me to tinker and such. And what about training and other stuff?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27706 on: April 12, 2015, 05:33:44 pm »

"Training consists of pointin' us newbies at a task and shoutin' "KILL", far as I sees..
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27707 on: April 12, 2015, 05:35:35 pm »

"Training consists of pointin' us newbies at a task and shoutin' "KILL", far as I sees..
sounds...fun. so I was told there is VR. What can I use it for?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27708 on: April 12, 2015, 05:45:21 pm »

"Fightin' and testing kit and stuff. Be careful though, sometimes people who use it too much are never heard from again."
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27709 on: April 12, 2015, 05:52:48 pm »

"Fightin' and testing kit and stuff. Be careful though, sometimes people who use it too much are never heard from again."
uhhh oookaayy so um what about a lab or something
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27710 on: April 12, 2015, 05:53:25 pm »

Dr. Sanctor studied the near-expressionless 7-feet tall war machine standing before him before answering that question. However, as he began to speak, his usual warm smile returned to his features.
For me to speak with absolute certainty I would have to run full diagnostics on your brain, but... let me tell you this: Steve has little use for defective revolutionaries, so by the fact that you stand here I can assume there is no significant damage. However, there is always the threat of stasis dementia symptoms appearing unexpectedly, but I can assure you - I, or any other former convict here, bear the same risk of that affliction as you, so it has nothing to do with your predicament. Keep your will strong, and purpose clear, and it should spare you.
So - don't worry yet. Save that worrying for, say, ten missions later.
Maurice laughed comfortingly and cheerfully.

so nothing much has changed other then limited resources? is there some where for me to tinker and such. And what about training and other stuff?
Well, actually, we've got a nice supply and research base, so resources are not so limited as you might think - and, thanks to our diligent staff on Hephaestus - that place is called so - we even enjoy a technological renaissance and every so often get new equipment. Oh, and yeah, there is actually a VR program called "Tinker" which lets you do exactly that - in virtual reality. You may find the VR machines in the Rec Room.
As a doctor I have to warn you, however, that prolonged usage of VR machines and especially Tinker might lead to addiction and severe psychological problems. You have been warned.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27711 on: April 12, 2015, 05:59:05 pm »

Dr. Sanctor studied the near-expressionless 7-feet tall war machine standing before him before answering that question. However, as he began to speak, his usual warm smile returned to his features.
For me to speak with absolute certainty I would have to run full diagnostics on your brain, but... let me tell you this: Steve has little use for defective revolutionaries, so by the fact that you stand here I can assume there is no significant damage. However, there is always the threat of stasis dementia symptoms appearing unexpectedly, but I can assure you - I, or any other former convict here, bear the same risk of that affliction as you, so it has nothing to do with your predicament. Keep your will strong, and purpose clear, and it should spare you.
So - don't worry yet. Save that worrying for, say, ten missions later.
Maurice laughed comfortingly and cheerfully.

Well, actually, we've got a nice supply and research base, so resources are not so limited as you might think - and, thanks to our diligent staff on Hephaestus - that place is called so - we even enjoy a technological renaissance and every so often get new equipment. Oh, and yeah, there is actually a VR program called "Tinker" which lets you do exactly that - in virtual reality. You may find the VR machines in the Rec Room.
As a doctor I have to warn you, however, that prolonged usage of VR machines and especially Tinker might lead to addiction and severe psychological problems. You have been warned.

ah ok well I guess I will just mess with the microwave in the snack room. maybe I can fit it into a laser rifle to make a laser rifle that essentially boils the flesh of the enemy.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27712 on: April 12, 2015, 06:02:19 pm »

As you wish.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27713 on: April 12, 2015, 06:03:25 pm »

As you wish.
smiles with an almost youthful joy as he goes off to get the microwave and the laser rifle from the armory. After wards he goes to the haphaestus to work
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 06:11:10 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #27714 on: April 12, 2015, 06:09:20 pm »

- I see. I can't say I'm relieved, but I see. Thank you, Dr. Sanctor. [pause]
Its just that in my timeline I have lost everyone I loved or ever knew and have been condemned to an eternal crusade with marginal chances of both success and survival, all in last 30 hours of my continuous perception. I... can't take that easy.

That said, Yaroslav falls down on his knees where he stood. The sword falls with a loud clang. For a few moments he stays like that, but then he quickly stands up, picks up the sword and leaves the room, murmuring something like "excuse me". Back to the corner of rec room.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 06:19:08 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27715 on: April 12, 2015, 06:54:15 pm »

Hang out in the rec room until the mission is about to begin.Try to find someone to play ping pong with.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27716 on: April 12, 2015, 07:28:16 pm »

Thank the General, head to the Armory, use the team fund to buy a hand cannon (2 Remote Explosive Shells, 1 Molten Shell).

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27717 on: April 12, 2015, 09:09:40 pm »

As you wish.
smiles with an almost youthful joy as he goes off to get the microwave and the laser rifle from the armory. After wards he goes to the haphaestus to work
((Not to discourage you, but I believe that you have to be approved IC to go to Haphaestus. I think it is usually reserved to people who have already completed several missions. But, don't worry, you can still work on the weapon you wish to create in tinker. You should refer to the tinker thread for that. I would recommend trying to see if it is feasible, or has already been created before buying the parts necessary to create it. You can also do that in the tinker thread.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27718 on: April 12, 2015, 09:15:25 pm »

As you wish.
((Not to discourage you, but I believe that you have to be approved IC to go to Haphaestus. I think it is usually reserved to people who have already completed several missions. But, don't worry, you can still work on the weapon you wish to create in tinker. You should refer to the tinker thread for that. I would recommend trying to see if it is feasible, or has already been created before buying the parts necessary to create it. You can also do that in the tinker thread.))

((Ok, so I can't just take the rec room microwave and what I'm talking about has already been done before: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System this is just hand held)))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27719 on: April 12, 2015, 09:21:44 pm »

As you wish.

((Ok, so I can't just take the rec room microwave and what I'm talking about has already been done before: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System this is just hand held)))

((Oh, sorry. I had meant if someone had already created it within ER. But, I don't see any reason why you can't mess with the microwave, and try to do with it as you had proposed.))
Pages: 1 ... 1846 1847 [1848] 1849 1850 ... 2101