_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1842 1843 [1844] 1845 1846 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922861 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #27645 on: April 11, 2015, 02:46:36 am »

"I'm not going to say I'm really good, because I'm not. On the other hand, I'm fairly sure I can avoid a Hyphen Nine unlike basically the rest of the crew.""
"Not exactly filling me with confidence there. But sure, you can do it, until you're dead or I find someone better."

General, opinion on whether the teams should coordinate weapon type usage, or do you think we'll be too far apart for the Haebi to adapt to the other team?"

"I'm not sure if that'll be practically feasible once we're down there, but it can't hurt to try either. At least in the beginning, when things are going smoother, we can try. I was hoping as well to be able to coordinate on the planet what weapons we use at a certain time, but I'm not sure if we'll even be in a position to do so. If the drop scatters us every which way, it'll become difficult to coordinate weapon usage. Either way, we can try, but if it becomes unfeasible to do so, then go by your best judgement. We could try to figure out a pattern beforehand though, in case comms are disrupted."

((By the way, I didn't bother yet to check the weapons of every member myself because, honestly, if the option is there, I'd say people should try to show a minimum of initiative and ask for something. But there's some tokens left in the fund, so we can try to outfit some more people.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #27646 on: April 11, 2015, 02:49:54 am »

((Please note I claimed a purchase of two-handed sword from player market with a token from team fund in my action. Cutting tool + weapon, why not.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27647 on: April 11, 2015, 05:13:42 am »

Flint spent most of the meeting holding his hand in front of him and pretending to be holding Miyamoto's hologram (which he had named Minimoto). He was certain to take a lot of picture with his helmetcam. Could use it as a punny Christ-mass card, something like "I wish I was holding you in my arms again".

"If anybody has trouble with their equipment, just give it to me and I can help you carry it."

"About weapons, my recommendation is that we start with light guns and melee weapons when necessary, we then move to light lasers and chemichals, after that we move to any heavy weapons we have (explosives, heavy lasers, etc.) and finally we move to the highest powered weapons we have, like plasma beams and space magic."

"Oh, and brother Lars, may I suggest you take some flour and some drums of HMRC standard? They are vital for eucharist, no? We should give our enemies their last rites."

Jason wanders out of the hangar to find Flint and return the battlesuit. If he can't find Flint, he'll return to the Rec Room,open the front of the suit, and climb out to wait while leaning against its leg.

Go find Flint to return Gilgamesh.
"Oh, great. I was worried you were going to crash him... into something  sturdy enough to damage him."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:23:51 am by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27648 on: April 11, 2015, 06:07:43 am »

take salubrious border to the doctor, then the AM, then whoever the hell they refer me to if they got no ideas.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27649 on: April 11, 2015, 06:18:37 am »

Attempt to use nuclear penis (why, PW, why?) like a wand, then give up and ask the AM for a more easily-carried lead box to take it on-mission it
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27650 on: April 11, 2015, 07:09:16 am »

"About weapons, my recommendation is that we start with light guns and melee weapons when necessary, we then move to light lasers and chemichals, after that we move to any heavy weapons we have (explosives, heavy lasers, etc.) and finally we move to the highest powered weapons we have, like plasma beams and space magic."

"Doesn't sound shabby as a general guideline. But since some of these people only have space magic to defend themselves, we might lower down the cheapest form of amp, microwave one, down that list. I'd say maybe we start with light lasers and melee, then light/normal kinetics and microwave amp, then heavier lasers and chemicals and such. Then heavy weapons, and finally the really big firepower.

Oh, and something I forgot, but nobody use non-armory space magic in a panic or without permission. So no random potion drinking, no nyartifact testing, unless strict permission given."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 07:14:27 am by Radio Controlled »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27651 on: April 11, 2015, 07:15:07 am »

"Doesn't sound shabby as a general guideline. But since some of these people only have space magic to defend themselves, we might lower down the cheapest form of amp, microwave one, down that list. I'd say maybe we start with light lasers and melee, then light/normal kinetics and microwave amp, then heavier lasers and chemicals and such. Then heavy weapons, and finally the really big firepower."
"Hmmm.
Microwave amps are about heat and cold, right? Considering lasers work along the idea of heat, perhaps microwave amps could also go along with light lasers and stuff like that."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27652 on: April 11, 2015, 07:16:00 am »

((Damnit! If only we made the icecream scoop earlier, there'd be a teleportation-based melee weapon ready. Probably not the easiest weapon to adapt against.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27653 on: April 11, 2015, 10:29:49 am »

Quote from: Lyra to Miya, cc Ground Teams
Amps risky strong. wait.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27654 on: April 11, 2015, 10:36:20 am »

10 tokens, and big enough that you couldn't have anything else on your back
How about I trade my mining laser's rechargeable battery (unless a player wants it) and take that generator for 7 or 8, assuming I can detach the new generator from the suit and power my mining laser from it?

Well, assuming oil barrel sized tanks, you could probably carry 4-5 if you strap them to your back.
I'll take that and put it in my wiki, along with some large trays from the mess hall..

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not.
It is not a joke. It is a matter of life and death that I take as large amounts of flour or similar substance as I can with me so that I can bake delicious pies for the Haebi.

Where will the new Haebi come from? Just grow out of the ground?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27655 on: April 11, 2015, 10:41:41 am »

Quote from: Lyra to Miya, cc Ground Teams
Amps risky strong. wait.
"Yeah, what Chatcat said. If we use them quickly, then our wizards will get tired. And there's always the chance one of them explodes. And we'll loose the ability to fry the brain of the extremely armoured ones if they do something like multiple brains. So if they do attack weaker targets with amps, it will be better for them if they used things like beam attacks, which I think are more tiring."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #27656 on: April 11, 2015, 11:33:37 am »

Buy Gungnir kit, apply to Spektr(handiwork?)
You install it perfectly.

whack the tv in the side until it works.
The tv shrieks and the static undulates in odd ways.

Deep breaths. Try to get myself back to normal, or at least the new normal. Normal-ish. Take my time.
You got one of our old fashion 2's. Nothing happens.

Hmm. Ok. Go back to the case and put the one I pulled out back in its spot. Look over the case and see if there are any markings on the injectors or on/in the case. Use all cam-eye modes too.

I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not. Doing this for the tokens. Go and get a rusty knife from the AM. Carve off Zaynes right arm, inject him with a button from row one, column one, sheet one of Amiable Amber. Then stab Johnothen, Ian, and Xan. Non-fatally of course. Like in the arm or leg. Not going after Lars. I'm stupid, not suicidal.

Well, attacking zayne in the infirmary means getting through the nursing staff. And they're...surprisingly intimidating.

The brain-pilot in your service, General, has used about 5% of the capacity; possibly a bit more, but so far there is no sign of damage or desync. Everything is fine for now, though I would suggest keeping the EKG data and regularly sending it to a medical assistant of your choice. I am sure you are well-aware of long-term effects of manipulating physics on the amp users and brain-pilots. I would be happy to oblige you, General, but that can be about anyone whose medical training you'd trust enough; possibly even better to consult several fleshtechs.
((My best guess: red is damage, blue/green pair is (de)sync.))

Browse the additional wares.

Also, what does Nyars think about a "regular customer discount"? A token or two off on every third or fourth purchase, for example. It would sure make people buy more of his stuff. Engage discussing.

Hm dunno about that discount.

ok so we're refilling with three new items. The first is ICH-OT-VE-Xo1021 SPOOKY BLUE-GREEN. Nyars says it's too big for his little table, so he stashed it elsewhere. He says it costs 20 tokens. The second, ICH-HA-VE-Ui428 EFFULGENT BRONZE is much the same story, but this one only costs 12.

The last, LAC-LMS-Uj284 LIMPID FAN, is in a very large, egg shaped box  and costs 6 tokens.

((I bought a 3-token brain, yes. It's listed on Irling's Wiki page.))
You manage to melt the desert with relative ease. A bit over kill though.

YOU ROLLED 1 AGAIN! With a -1 in mind as well.

You dream about a sheep. It has 7 horns and 7 eyes. It's just sort of floating above you in a black void, staring at you.

"It's beginning again."

(Nope.)

Gorat wakes from his snoring and, seeing the carnage wrought by ping-pong, feels the strange need to vacate the premises.

Get as far away from the ping-pong carnage as possible.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
You sprint out of the room while screaming "NOPE NOPE NOPE"

"..What do you mean?" Zayne asked the sheep, "What's beginning again..?.. Why can a sheep even talk!?" He seemed very, very confused.
"The old sins are returning. All of them."

Yeah bought a 3 token brain, lost the old manip.  Why?  Is uh this gonna hurt?
You heat the sand up far too quickly and it just sort of explodes, spraying hot silica all over the room. It's painful and quite annoying to anyone with the nerves to feel it, but nothing too terrible.

The brain-pilot in your service, General, has used about 5% of the capacity; possibly a bit more, but so far there is no sign of damage or desync. Everything is fine for now, though I would suggest keeping the EKG data and regularly sending it to a medical assistant of your choice. I am sure you are well-aware of long-term effects of manipulating physics on the amp users and brain-pilots. I would be happy to oblige you, General, but that can be about anyone whose medical training you'd trust enough; possibly even better to consult several fleshtechs.
((My best guess: red is damage, blue/green pair is (de)sync.))

"Thank you Maurice, for your opinion. And a fine suggestion as well."

We can get you a bunch of standard axes if you want.
Yes, excellent.

Patching into the briefing room, Miya appears on the central holo projector and looks around the room a bit before speaking.

"Ok then, I will now commence with the remainder of the briefing. Everyone listen up, cause I'm not repeating myself.
I see that we’ve got quite a few new faces around here. Not really what I was hoping for, but I guess we’ll have to make due.

Now then, you've all heard what the Big Brain said, so I won’t have to repeat that. Some things I’d like to stress though, is that today teamwork, coordination and speed will be key. We will be dropping on a planet that would rather see us dead, so the sooner we find a nerve bundle to lead us to that cluster, the sooner we can bugger off again. If we can, using one type of damage at a time will limit their adaptation speed, but we’ll have to see how that pans out once we’re on the ground. Still, some trigger discipline will go a long way to keeping your sorry asses in one piece a little longer. Next to that, it will be of vital importance that you stay with your squad and listen closely to whatever your commanding officer tells you to do. We really cannot afford to waste time or any other bullshit, or I can guarantee you that planet will eat us alive.

On your wristpad you will find a map of the area, as well as our projected drop sites. We’ll be going down in individual pods this time. You will be provided with cutting tools to help search for nerve bundles to locate a brain, but how and when to use these will be decided on the ground once we’ve had a chance to count how many parts of you that made it down.

Now, onto the gritty details. We will be divided into two teams. Team Gyromitra consists of Morul, Eddie, Judas, Kyle, Ronald, Tek, Ian, Vincent, Ryan and Zayne, and will be commanded by yours truly. Morul will act as my second in command. Team Snapdragon is under the watchful eye of Hasala, and is joined by Han, John, Psi, Ulrich, Yaro, Konrad, Lyra, Flint, Irling, Billy and Brother Lars as Has’ XO. And to provide some divine protection, cause we’ll sorely need it.

Next, Lyra and Kyle each get 1 emergency kit, a can of medifoam and a can of fleshknitter. Everybody will also get a sharp axe or other cutting tool. Team 1 gets 2 synthflesh gunnerbots, team 2 the other 3. We will also drop 2 jeeps per team for extra mobility. Also, there's a bunch of prototypes assigned, ask the AM.

Finally, take a good look at the people around you. Try to remember who they are. Because these are the men and women who you will be trusting your life to, and who in turn, will trust you to watch their back no matter what. If you can do that, and fight with all your skill and wit, we just might make it out alive and with the prize.

So then, that was all I can think of off the top of my head. Unless, Hasala, you had something to add?"

((For wiki:
2 emergency kits = 6 tokens
2 cans of medifoam = 1 token (guessing)
2 cans of fleshknitter = free prototype
Sharp axe or knife for everybody besides those that couldn't use them = 3 tokens (guessing)
gunnerbots, 2 for team 1 and 3 for team 2  = free, from fund, just give them to whoever can use them (Miya and Lars/Flint)
2 jeeps per team = free from fund
Prototypes (see fund page)

((We drop by Tuesday. That's two more turns to get ready.))

Action: buy a second 13 token manip brain, and a kinetic amp for my right fist. Also, create a second can of namite, and observe the EKG lines (for the record, my previous action created about half a can, and I should have a spare empty can).
You create a bit less this time.

The green and blue lines bump up to -20 and 20 in their peak deflections. They remain in sync.

[wiki] for the rest of that.

((Short for Yaroslav is usually Yarrik rather than Yaro. But nevermind.))

"A good question private. In case of drop scatter, it'll be up to the commander on what to do, but normally you should try to hook up with your teammates, and go to the original drop point, as a rally point. That might depend on the amount of scatter though."

- Understood. Thank you, sir.
Yaroslav leaves to the infirmary(?) to change into prototype Heavy Robot Body. Also purchase two-handed sword from player market with a token from team fund.
Assuming this is all above board and accepted: [wiki]
"General, is there anything that you would recommend in order to increase us rookies chances of survival? Also, do we know much about the degree of intelligence of the individual haebi? Could the entire planet be some sort of massive intelligence beyond our dreams- wait a second... Uh, nevermind, thank you sir! Goodbye."

Ian, disturbed by the sudden realization, walked out of the room. He remembered waking from stasis into the ship during that strange warp in space time, with the mysterious portal in the wall, and all the other bizarre occurences. But, what he remembered most was that damned 'Pancaek'. Such an unnatural creature, what kind of pancake acts like a human, and why did no one else notice this?!? 'Pancaek' was obviously just another fungal monster, waiting to strike out. He decided that he would keep an eye on the strange thing. Damn fungi-alien shapshifter!

Ian headed to the armory to pick up his prototype and then heading to the hanger. Suddenly, Ian sensed as if some great power was calling for an open attack on him... what the hell!?!

Head over to the armory and get my prototype, (MCP-II w/ fleshknitter tank). Go to the ?Hanger? and await departure for the mission. Watch for any suspicious folk, yell obscenities at anyone who gets with seeing distance. If that walking, talking "Pancaek" comes along, threaten it with syrup.
[wiki]

No stabbing this turn.

"Heh. Yeah, I remember that stuff with the little figure. It trashed our section pretty badly. I don't even remember right how long ago that was." he replies, recalling that event where he got mindfucked - big effin' surprise - and had to check outside the ship to find the source of the problem. "Did it really take a bite off the ship instead of just fucking around with our place? Huh."

"Will we go through one of those periods where we'll have some rooms off-limits while they're repaired or will everything just be done while we're in stasis during the next jump?"
he inquires.

He keeps the chat limited to small talk and practical matters.

Talk to the AM. Edit: Stay away from any glowing radioactive material people may pop up near the armory with.

"And which part of the jump is dangerous for the people inside, again?" he asks, just to be sure. Funny how some of the simple stuff has been overlooked by him for so long.
"The basic renovations will be done via steve in synth bodies as we accelerate to jump and then fly to the planet. It should be done by the time you all wake up."

"So then, that was all I can think of off the top of my head. Unless, Hasala, you had something to add?"

Before anyone can leave the briefing room, Hasala begins to speak.

"Yes. To expand on your point re: coordination; the Haebi are going to adapt to whatever we do. If we're haphazardly firing everything we've got every time we see a Haebi soldier, they'll adapt to everything pretty quickly. I, or Lars, or perhaps even Flint, will be calling the weapon type to be used, on team Snapdragon. If you don't have a weapon that matches that type, don't attack. If you're in immediate danger, retreat towards an ally who has the appropriate weapon type.  If for what reason you cannot do that, only then may you use a different weapon.

I know from personnel files what every member of Snapdragon is going to be carrying. Some of you seem content to go down there with only one type of weapon. Given how many newbies are on these missions, it's understandable if you can't afford to purchase a backup. That is one of the purposes of the Team Fund, though; I don't want anyone stepping into a drop pod without at least two types of weapons. If the Team Fund runs out, ask me or someone else with money for a loan. There's no shortage of conventional rifle selection from the armory, which received a few new entries at once with this last shipment, for those unaware. I haven't looked through Gyromitra's files, but no one on Snapdragon has a Crystalline Projector, Hand Cannon, or Brisant. There are only two chemical throwers, as well. We have plenty of Gauss rifles, so for those of you without one, get something else.

General, opinion on whether the teams should coordinate weapon type usage, or do you think we'll be too far apart for the Haebi to adapt to the other team?"

After the secondary briefing finishes, Hasala heads to the armory to collect his Sharksuit prototype.
[wiki]
Get to the briefing room in time to hear everything. And Talk to Hasala. Ask Hasala what would be a good idea for me considering my only weapon is long range.
Alright
Somehow get potion 5 while unconcious
OK [wiki]
Glug potion 11.
Sure you want to drink it right now? I mean the vast majority of them are temporary and it would be a shame to waste it while standing around, waiting for the mission to start.
[wiki]
Jason wanders out of the hangar to find Flint and return the battlesuit. If he can't find Flint, he'll return to the Rec Room,open the front of the suit, and climb out to wait while leaning against its leg.

Go find Flint to return Gilgamesh.
Done
take salubrious border to the doctor, then the AM, then whoever the hell they refer me to if they got no ideas.
The doc says they look like organic parts, maybe teeth of some kind. Or tusks.
Attempt to use nuclear penis (why, PW, why?) like a wand, then give up and ask the AM for a more easily-carried lead box to take it on-mission it
You wave it around. It flops. Hm.

You get a lead box and use it to contain your sadness.

10 tokens, and big enough that you couldn't have anything else on your back
How about I trade my mining laser's rechargeable battery (unless a player wants it) and take that generator for 7 or 8, assuming I can detach the new generator from the suit and power my mining laser from it?

Well, assuming oil barrel sized tanks, you could probably carry 4-5 if you strap them to your back.
I'll take that and put it in my wiki, along with some large trays from the mess hall..

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not.
It is not a joke. It is a matter of life and death that I take as large amounts of flour or similar substance as I can with me so that I can bake delicious pies for the Haebi.

Where will the new Haebi come from? Just grow out of the ground?
Sure, we can do that for 7

Ok

Sure, you can get lots of flour.

They will grow from the skin, yes, but probably not directly around you. Well, at least large complex ones won't

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27657 on: April 11, 2015, 11:37:45 am »

Shrug then go to the bar.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27658 on: April 11, 2015, 11:42:28 am »

Oh, and something I forgot, but nobody use non-armory space magic in a panic or without permission. So no random potion drinking, no nyartifact testing, unless strict permission given."
"Would that be including my arms?"

Try on my suit, leave the doom arms out.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:46:48 pm by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27659 on: April 11, 2015, 11:43:56 am »

Send EKG to Maurice for appraisal.

Also ask the AM what she thinks of the second brain i bought, and if it looks any better than expected.

Pages: 1 ... 1842 1843 [1844] 1845 1846 ... 2101