_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1803 1804 [1805] 1806 1807 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922620 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"What are you looking at trooper? Did you need something, or are you just crowding up my hangar?"
"Huh, what? Oh, uh, no. I'm just leaving..."

To Ronald:
"Good! Lets get through this door..."
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Quote from: MSanctor to: General Miyamoto
Thank you, General. I really appreciate that. And I promise that no one save for me and possibly a trusted surgeon will know that.
And - now that I think of it, having no implant is not a sign that a man is "free". It is a sign of maturity, of being able to hold one's mind guarded and reasonable, despite any odds.
Thank you for your trust in me, General. I truly hope I will never disgrace it, certainly not out of my own will.
#MSanctor
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Quote from: Brother Lars to General Miyamoto
Blessed General,

Are there any particular planets that we should focus on to begin with, or should we come up with a more general message?

Faithfully,
Brother Lars
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

He was about to leave but something stopped him.
He was getting that shiver again.

"Oh, okay, thats good.
So, would smoke from a smoke grenade stop lasers?"

"No."

Buy the jumping stilts and the 2-token Nyartifact.

Acrobatics, spacesuits, and a mystery space magic dip. What could possibly go wrong!
Bought and bought. Use the code name for when you talk about it please; thats why they're there, to make tracking them down in my notes easier.

external (skin, fur, etc) has to be organic or at least seem organic, internal can be partly robo or synth, but will need to have an upgrade to her body's natural healing to teach it how to repair the non-organics. upgrade itself can be non-organic, but needs to A) not be over-zelous, and B) able to be built/repaired/maintained by her body.

so basically if the non-traditionally organic materials can be made effectively organic, then they can be used.

she DOES want proper feedback though, none of this "stuck in an unfeeling robot body" bs.

Bold so PW sees this ooc shorthand of what would normally be a very long IC conversation.
We can make robot bodies that feel in the same way as organic ones. We just usually don't because most people aren't too keen on pain. But if you want that, we can certainly do it in robo-kitty form.

Also, do you have faster then normal healing? Those gene mods for healing aren't mesk levels, they just make the injuries take less time.

Gosh darn doors... Who would put one in the way of a highly secretive R&D center anyway?

Go find Ronald((Wolfkit)) and ask him to burn a hole in the door with his hands. I wanna see whats in there!

I'm sure this won't end horribly.

You ask Ronald about using his magic fingers.

And what if I dig a little deeper? Anything beyond the primary news sources?
There seems to be a sizable underground of supporters, mostly on the web. Hard to tell though: news travels via FTL coms, Most internet stuff is limited to the planet or the solar system at least. You're only browsing the web of this system.

((Oh right! Mr. Glass-Skeleton's-Brother is a thing!))

Wake up now. Calmly put clothes on in post-stasis haze.

Panic. Scream about sister.

You get dressed and then start screaming about your sister. I imagine it goes something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI7cNhTIOEI

((can i put us back in later?))

buy the 4 token salubrious borders nayrstifact.
You buy the artifact.

I've not no real idea what you're saying in parenthesis there.
What.

Now, this might be very important... or just a way by brain refuses to put things into comprehensible categories. Huh.

Understood, Steve. ...Really, I wish I could accept that and not make this illogical fuss of it, but this is just that exceptional sort of situation, I am afraid.

Quote from: MSanctor to: General Miyamoto
Steve said to forward this request to you, General.
I wish to get free of my shock implant, even if only until the next mission I take part it. To become a free man I once was.
You might need to know that Steve said that it's a dangerous precedent since he'd like to keep certain people on leash, and redirected the request to you, General.

... If everything fails, consider this my retirement notice; I would not come on missions any more as long as the implant is required, and will quietly settle off somewhere in time. Maybe take up Lady Ferratum-Inanis's job offer, if that was still on the table. In any case, as a free person no longer associated with ARM field service, I do wish my shock implant removed.
#MSanctor

Quote from: MSanctor to: Brother Lars
Can we meet somewhere? I am sorry for taking even more of your valuable time, but I want to check something important with you, and some more unfinished business has cropped up recently.
#MSanctor

Carefully and gently put all the little people back in the bag.

Go to the (w)Rec room and use one of the computers to look up on the net any entries on Dr.VonNost and Bob Hardman. Also look specifically among the Executed! episodes.

Was there only one scientist bearing the surname VonNost? Could he have a son, or something?

This time, put my logical and intelligent side of the brain to work in regards to the Doctor and Dr.VonNost mystery.

You carefully pick the wandering homoculi up and put them back in their bag. They don't struggle.

Entries on VonNost are scarce and shallow. He was apparently a scientist who helped develop many pivotal technologies before and during the altered wars. He was apparently executed for what they call "Treason and Crimes against Humanity" sometime afterwards. They mention he was a former soldier as well.  Hardman was apparently a rebel who used some rather nasty tactics in his fight against the UWM.

There are lots of people named VonNost, but the particular one you were looking at never married and, as far as the official records go, he never had a child either.

It's possible they're the same person. The guy made a person into a cat, no reason he couldn't alter his own appearance. And it does line up with other data.

Just to be sure, because you didn't state it in last action. Grab a nice military hat from the armoury and a lighter. Then put on said hat and go to the rec room and watch some tv.
Hat and lighter gotten.

The Tv is displaying some sort of soap opera.

Kyle stretches now that he's back in his old body.
"That was weird. Welp, time to make sure no one jacked my shit."
Kyle goes to make sure his stuff is still in his locker. If so he grabs the flask and goes back to the rec room to drink from it.
It's still there. Whats in that flask though? Just normal booze?

Nope, this would be my first mission. I have been following the current ones for a few months though, so I get the general idea.
Alright, well you're guaranteed a place as long as you show up. Newbies get priority.

Brother Lars stood and smiled as he saw Maurice.  "Brother Maurice, it is always good to see you.  Hmm... let me take a look."

Maurice asked as he showed the sketch to Brother Lars.

Take a look at this sketch.  Does it trigger any repressed memories?
Are there any it should be triggering? I forget. Probably not though.

"I am bored."
Go punch the walls. Specifically,

Gosh darn doors... Who would put one in the way of a highly secretive R&D center anyway?

Go find Ronald((Wolfkit)) and ask him to burn a hole in the door with his hands. I wanna see whats in there!

Are you sure you wanna do that?

It is uncomfortable to sit around and do nothing - all kinds of unwanted thoughts start to pop in mind despite best effort to contain them. At times like these, it usually helps to occupy oneself with something that requires attention. After a while, Yaroslav comes across a thought.

Go back to armory, get engraving tools. Then find some workspace (any free table would do) and spend time awaiting mission assignment engraving Yaroslavs' life story up to this moment in a picture series on the Gauss rifles' barrel, starting at breech, ending near muzzle.
You engrave part of it, but it looks...well, pretty darn amateurish. Hm.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

- Well Yarrick, I ain't gonna lie to you, it's a masterpiece. Eh. I should probably learn things and practice them, like normal people do before they start actual work, - Yaroslav murmurs while heading to the VR machines

Stop where I understood it wasn't quite what I wanted. Go to VR, download some manuals on engraving and generally drawing, practice via running realistic imitations which consider my robobody parameters and properties of material I'm working with. Take my time. Do that until I'm able to complete original objective in simulation several times in a row without messing anything up. Or until people start being assigned to new missions.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:23:53 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Actually, I think this is where the scientists came from. They paralyzed me the last time I annoyed them. I should probably annoy someone else."

Go punch the wall within eyesight of the AM
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Lyra's healing is perfectly normal - not accelerated in any way unless the doc decided to add it to the kitty package without telling me. but the whole "has to teach her body how to heal it" thing is still a prereq. Doesn't matter that it'll have no gameplay concequences because said healing would be very slow, it matters because it's her body, not some machine or robot, it's HER. same as why she wants to keep pain turned on. She wants to seem like she's still organic, and to be able to be treated as such, both to others and to herself.

Organic is still preferred overall, but we understand that there are limits to what organic can do.

repeating Lyra's goals:
improved stealth (her fur changing color as desired or necessary to hide her) (organic fur and skin) (would also want to ensure her paws/hands/feet are properly padded to move silently though I think that is already in place)
accelerated thinking under pressure (Rennen's slow-mo) (brain alteration as needed, details unspecified or forgotten)
faster and more precise motion. (better Dex) (might need synth/robotics here)
stronger skeletal structure / claws (better End) (might need synth/robotics here) (first priority to cut - was assuming it would be needed for the improved movement but if it isn't...)
if possible, some form of wierdsense that would let her know when people use amps near her. preferably something that would let her use her own amps to counteract what is happening. or maybe simply being alerted to "wierd" things, like the sheep or the more physics-cheaty alien tech or other similar things.(brain alteration I would assume)
Token limit: 12

if the doc has to make a new body for her to do this anyway, then she might want to keep this one on ice somehow for if something happens to her. don't know if that costs extra though.

also if the deathcube services are being publicly advertised  (don't know how that is set up right now / haven't been tracking on-ship thread well), she'd ask him about how her body would handle if she used it to become lightweight, and if that would change what he could/would do.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hey guys. Sorry for being out. Some RL problems didn't let me read all the things that happenend.))

Go to the Rec room. Watch the TV for a while. If there is someone watching it, keep viewing the problem. Aks for what happened in the ship while we were on mission.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

If by normal you mean the high proof booze from the armory master then yes, it is normal booze.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Wander around looking for historical/philosophical books. Start by looking in the rec room.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Aw man..."

Just knock on the door then. Also, put my potion into my Mk II suit for injecting.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Continue to wait for the mission, just posting continually doing this to show I'm still here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((Thanks PW))

Brother Lars stared at the sketch.  That... yes, that was the face from the memories.  There was no question about it.  Lars suppressed a bit of a twitch as he looked back up to Maurice.

"This man... this is the man that we were sent to eliminate feared.  He certainly looks like the Doctor, doesn't he?  He was a man of science, at least.  He was responsible for several things; the ghostships, Arbiters.  Something else I didn't know... Pho... hmm... Phobetor, I believe?  At some point he was called the Father of Nightmares.  Then something about Wayfarer texts, about a man-made god of the stars.  This man was executed, but then supposedly seen alive in many other places at once.  I'm not sure what it all means, and if he is indeed the Doctor, but surely he is trustworthy for he has found the favor of Steve."  The tension that had been growing in Lars's face disappeared when he mentioned Steve.

"Is that what you needed to know?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

Open up Ye olde Salubrious Border amd peek inside.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Maurice's face was completely overwhelmed with strange emotions, pale and serious, as listened to Brother Lars. With a look of abyss-deep comprehension and... relief?.. in his eyes, probably never so unsmiling as ever he replied:

Yes, Brother. Except...

he brought his mouth directly to Lars's ear, and just barest audibly continued

... this is not the Doctor. The person I have drawn is Dr.VonNost.

With dead serious look in his eyes, he took out his Instrument, fleshknitter can, bag of little people and the total of 15 token and put all of that and the sketch into Lars's hands. You are my last will, Brother. Keep them, and if I... then do as you believe best. Spend on your own Avatar to rival General's, spread them among the newbies or let those go straight into the token pool. Same goes for whatever might be left of my eqipment. This scalpel... it needs a total of two more marks on one side, if I remember it correctly, and maybe one more - for Stacy - on the other side. Just... find it a suitable new owner if I... when I...
Well, yes, and tell Lyra she was a wonderful friend, and I am sorry I was not able to spend time with her more often.
If I... tell Simus that... no, I'll send that message myself.

In a few agonizingly long moments of silence his usual sunny and colorful smile returned to him, and he winked mischievously to Brother.
Well, this must be the end, old friend. Now - the only thing I might keep the same would be my blazing soul you saved back then. Vaya con Steve, Brother. ... And may Mistress Medicine have mercy on our your compassionate soul.
And then he briskly walked out of the Rec room.

Quote from: MSanctor to: Mesk
Mesk, you sleepy lazy murderer, I need your help. Kickboxing brand. Desperately.
Meet me in the airlock - and take that advanced medikit with you.
#MSanctor

Go to the airlock, secure that no one save me and Mesk are there. Take off my Mk II and prepare for the operation. Make sure I have a mirror or something - use my helmet's screen with videofeed as needed.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 05:52:13 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1803 1804 [1805] 1806 1807 ... 2101