_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1798 1799 [1800] 1801 1802 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923661 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

-Ignore-

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Win the heart of the AM by emitting sexy bear pheromones.
Retreat with great haste if she reacts violently to this plan.

Also, drink bear beer.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Also, drink bear beer.
Elisaz 2: Ursine Boogaloo

Purchase a set of running stilts from the armory. Then go try them on. In the hangar bay or something, to avoid prelimary helmet testing.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Do with it as you please, General.  I am happy to be of service to Steve.
And I am merely waiting for orders from above.  If you have a task for me, I am available."

"Admirable spirit de corps. Well, let's get right on it then: firstly, try to ensure the video material of our conquest of Q'Baja is put to good use. We went through all that trouble to take that base manually, so we better make sure it wasn't wasted effort.

Secondly, you know those propaganda vids you helped create? Well, as far as I can see those are primarily aimed at the, ah, 'lower classes' of society. And while initiating rebellion from a grassroots movement has a certain amount of power, I don't think we should limit ourselves to that. So, I'm wondering if you could create some material that caters to the upper echelons of UWM society. As seen in our latest conquest, convincing the leadership of joining ARM, or at least of defecting from the UWM, would greatly enhance that world's ability to add to our cause in some way.

This won't be that simple, of course. After all, those in power usually have much less to win from a regime change of any kind, compared to the poor dirt farmers where some rousing rhetoric can be all it takes. Still, I think there's various avenues we could explore, with tangible benefits if we succeed.

So, you think you could handle that? Charles could probably help you if needed, he's good at this kinda thing as well."

"What, I get to browbeat people into being slightly competent on your authority AND I get a fancy hat? Yeah, I'll sign up for that."

"Excellent. I'll tell Steve. Here's hoping you'll never need to do anything."

Send performance review of Lars to Sean. Inform Steve about Pan.

((By the way, other people who borrowed an experimental weapon should still supply their review if they can, even if it's only a short blurb.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

Go grab my PDA then turn it on and place it on my tron skull, observe happenings.

If nothing of note occurs try using lead wire to use it first as a battery for the pda and then as a load for the battery, observe happenings.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Report on MCP-1 suit from Ghost Of Dern:

Did not stop be from being consumed by alien fire wasp lady. Would not buy again
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

Yaroslav goes out of that Tinker program in Virtual Reality machines room, which he found very handy, leaving a simulation of his project running, programmed to form a report when it ends. He goes around the corridors, his hands crossed behinds his back, trying to memorize ships' scheme. Speaking of the ship, it seems kinda shabby - from pieces of talks he overhears it can be figured that some kind of incident happened just prior to his awakening.
Diversity of ARM troopers would make any spaceport look like an office. He passed the giant combat cyborg, somewhat twice his height; and then there was a guy furiously burning through multiple pairs of pants. Something like bear roar could be heard in corridors, but Yaroslav just couldn't see the source of it. A guy rushed past him carrying a glowing... skull? He seemed very exited about it. In medbay, there was a doctor. Something about him was slightly disturbing, though Yaroslav failed to figure what exactly it was. An old-fashioned syringe, which polished metal parts proved it was actively used? Circular glasses in front of jet black, obviously artificial and enhanced eyes? Respirator? Well he had seen weirder things back home, but... ah, forget it.
All these guys, and now he, a headless cyborg, is going to be one of them.

Head to Armory, and thoroughly read the weapon list, prices and descriptions. If it isn't specified in description, inquire from armory master if Gauss-rifle is capable of burst-firing, if standard model doesn't, inquire if there is a pattern capable of it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:48:35 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Brother Lars walked off the shuttle and into the hangar.  As he entered the ship and noticed the damage, he could only think of one thing; the holy relics!

He dashed to the Rec Room.

Check on the Bust of St. Milno and the Altar of Steve.  Are they okay?
Yeah, they're fine.

Um... I can do favours. What kind though? Like the... killing kind or the... violations kind?
The Syringe to the neck kind.

Arriving on to the ship (post-mission-17) and been debriefed and recieved my mission tokens at the shuttle, I search out the Doctor in the medbay. Once I'm nearby, I find a less-busy corner to sit in and type on my wristpad.
Quote from: Lyra to Doctor
Want stealth, speed. Want body same. Like being small. Think fur change. Maybe bones and muscles stronger. Maybe brain think faster. Not sure.

Want awareness. Know when danger near, help avoid. Not sure how.

Want advice, maybe want change after. Have tokens, willing use for change.
Message the doctor from inside his lair.
How about a chimpanzee? They're small, quick, can tear the arm off a man, etc.

Phoebe flailed wildly on the floor. "I demand to see my lawyer! You can't- wait."
He looked around the the gravity of his situation dawns on time. Also the fact that he's naked.

Look around for some clothes
You find yourself some clothes. Some clothes that aren't burnt. There are a lot of those around here for some reason.

"Hmm, I guess I'll just wear it until I figure out what it is capable of. I would like to buy a gauss pistol if I can afford one with my remaining two tokens. How much ammo could do they usually hold, and how much can I get with it?"

Buy a gauss pistol from the armory master with my remaining two tokens.

WIKI GNOMES! PEOPLE BUYING THINGS! I NEED AN ADULT!

((Yeah... well, there'll be a respec with the upcoming new roll system, right?))

Find the armory, and query the AM

"Hai! So, during the event, I entered this... airlock maybe? There were a bunch of weird rods on the wall, and there was a door, but I think the door was broken, it wouldn't open, so I thought I'd preform a... manual override, and grabbed one of the rods to use in the... override, but my arms caught fire, it didn't really hurt though, and now my arms look all awesome, and I can shoot lightning with them, and I can make things catch fire by touching them, but I'm having trouble touching stuff withouth destroying it, if I concentrate I can kinda not destroy stuff but I can't control it most of the time, do you think you could help me? I ready asked a scientist but they didn't think they had anything."
(Yup.)

"There are some drugs I could recommend to make it easier, but if you really want to permanently enhance your capacities, the Doctor is the one to talk to."

When Maurice stepped down on the familiar metal floor of the Sword, he felt the familiar mix of relief and excitement. Ah, the good old Paracelsus' Sword... How many times has it been? Four? Six? No, five. Yes - half the term I'd have to serve here, had it been the old times. Oh no, except that one first did not count, so - four? Still, he quietly chuckled to himself, enough.

So much to do, so little time to...
First things first, though. I am not coming back. ...How fitting, in the end - who'd ever guess?

((I'm in a little bit of hurry, so sorry for cramped posts, Piecewise. Just let's imagine Maurice running around like an overcharged energizer bunny? Especially since most of the actions are either 'flavor' or 'press key to continue' type.))
Go eat a wonderful dessert in the cafeteria. Try all dessert buttons.

Recall Dr.VonNost's face from the Ghostship memories I visited. Did he look in any way like the Doctor? (Apart the glasses and the labcoat, of course.)

Ask Steve whether he's fine with me removing the shock implant.

Take the burlap sac out of the locker and finally let out whatever was inside it.

Hey Steve, can I have my shock implant removed? You've known me for five missions - four of them successful - after all. I won't come on a mission without it as long as you insist so - but now that we're supposedly free people, I'd like to enjoy the half-forgotten feeling of being my own master for a little while.
"...I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

You try the desert buttons until find a nice chocolate cake. We'll assume you were trying them one at a time and not all at once. All at once would probably result in a mound of sugary goo

Hard to tell. VonNost was older, with balding gray hair, and perhaps a bit shorter. The doctor's face is hidden by his mask and glasses, and he's got a smooth shaved; not to mention his age is hard to place. Maybe mid 30's to look at him? There's definitely similarities, but there are also obvious differences.

>Not sure how you'd do that on yourself. That implant is more then a shock implant too, it's how I track you guys and monitor your life signs.

You want to just dump it out or grab stuff out of it or look in or what?

Go into Duel and create a urban battle in a city about twice the size of Tokyo against first one UWM divisions vs one 21st century equivalent tech level divisions without nuclear weapons of any kind. Then regardless of outcome, increase the number of divisions of each size and add or remove random conditions about 12 times. I'm just looking for a fun description of events and/or interesting tactics.

Well, this isn't gonna be much of a battle is it? I mean, UWM has freaking lasers. 21st Century got lasers? Naw.  21st century have a horde of gunnerbots they can unleash like a fox hunter releasing the hounds? No. Do they have Battle suits? No. They got ineffective rifles, some degree of armor, and ptsd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

This is gonna be a case of RL spawn camping. Like Conquistadors fighting miniguns. Shit gonna get wrecked.

Also, drink bear beer.
Funny thing about this.

You transform back into a man half way through your attempt. Which leaves you standing in the armory, naked, with a look of constipation fighting concentration on your face.

She raises an eyebrow at you.

Also, drink bear beer.
Elisaz 2: Ursine Boogaloo

Purchase a set of running stilts from the armory. Then go try them on. In the hangar bay or something, to avoid prelimary helmet testing.
Running stilts eh? Those are neat. Though they seem very situational. What were you expecting them to do for you, gameplay wise?

Go grab my PDA then turn it on and place it on my tron skull, observe happenings.

If nothing of note occurs try using lead wire to use it first as a battery for the pda and then as a load for the battery, observe happenings.

The PDA begins acting strangely. There are little ASCII skulls traveling around on the display like pacman, eating the display and leaving dead pixels behind.

Yaroslav goes out of that Tinker program in Virtual Reality machines room, which he found very handy, leaving a simulation of his project running, programmed to form a report when it ends. He goes around the corridors, his hands crossed behinds his back, trying to memorize ships' scheme. Speaking of the ship, it seems kinda shabby - from pieces of talks he overhears it can be figured that some kind of incident happened just prior to his awakening.
Diversity of ARM troopers would make any spaceport look like an office. He passed the giant combat cyborg, somewhat twice his height; and then there was a guy furiously burning through multiple pairs of pants. Something like bear roar could be heard in corridors, but Yaroslav just couldn't see the source of it. A guy rushed past him carrying a glowing... skull? He seemed very exited about it. In medbay, there was a doctor. Something about him was slightly disturbing, though Yaroslav failed to figure what exactly it was. An old-fashioned syringe, which polished metal parts proved it was actively used? Circular glasses in front of jet black, obviously artificial and enhanced eyes? Respirator? Well he had seen weirder things back home, but... ah, forget it.
All these guys, and now he, a headless cyborg, is going to be one of them.

Head to Armory, and thoroughly read the weapon list, prices and descriptions. If it isn't specified in description, inquire from armory master if Gauss-rifle is capable of burst-firing, if standard model doesn't, inquire if there is a pattern capable of it.

"It's possible, but it's larger because it requires several capacitors to hold the charge for each shot. "

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

So, sciencey? My favorite, let's do it!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

"It's possible, but it's larger because it requires several capacitors to hold the charge for each shot. "
- I see. And what about ammo capacity and price?
And who are you?

[Yionks' transformation and appearance implied. He was an invisibear up till now, right?]
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:08:04 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

Alright. Change to a firing range with 8 human targets with variant degrees of armour. Also spawn a laser rifle along with its most recent predecessor, a gauss rifle and its predecessor and three other random firearms. Have the targets go from 10 meters to 800 meters away.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:28:23 pm by Tavik Toth »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Can I... disable the shocking part? Or, well, what if I just got it carefully cut out?
Speak to Steve.

Drop by Pancaek and buy two Dex stimms for a token.

Concentrate on the two faces, especially on eyes and part of face closest to the eyes (where unobscured, of course) - brows, nose, cheeks, eyelid shape, etc. That part of face is the one that is most efficient for recognition, according to studies. Try to imagine how Dr.VonNost would have looked when he was younger, and how the Doctor would have looked were he older.

Carefully put the sack down on the floor of a remote airlock, and let whatever was inside the sack get out - slightly raising the bottom of the sack to facilitate and encourage the release. Treat it as something potentially fragile, potentially highly toxic to touch, yet potentially capable of some movement on its own.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:12:40 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Looks like I missed that last update...))

"Well. Now that all that crazy stuff is over with... I better look araound. See what I can find. Maybe a workshop or something."

Look for an important looking person. Shadow him until I see somthing interesting, or something odd happens. If nothing happens, find the scientists and see whats going on there.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check how much ammo my gauss pistol holds, and see how much extra, if any, that I was given.

Head to the VR. Set the scene to be a smallish concrete building, with one locked metal door at it's south side. It is surrounded by 4 towers 20 feet diagonal to each of its corners. Each tower has one guard as sentry, with a spotlight, and the towers are connected by chainlink fences forming a perimeter wall around the stone building. The northern side of the fence has a section in the center that extends outward to connect to a dirt road. Where it connects there is a ~6x6 square foot building with one guard in it. It contains controls for the gateway at the entrance, and has a glass partition for people on the outside to communicate with him.

All of the guards have radios for communication. They are wearing suits of armor that offer protection similar to MK2 suits, but lack all healing, and space survival capabilities.

The facility is surrounded by a fairly large field, and is the only building in the immediate area. It is night time, and the field around the facilty consists of very tall grass, taller than the common man. The dirt road leading to the facilty is the the only place where the grass has not overrun the area. There are tire tracks showing that it is commonly used.

A party of two men are going out to do the nightly perimeter sweep. I am in a mk1 suit and have both my gauss pistol and microwave amp. My goal is to reach the a room at the far end of the central building. To get to it I must get through the main metal door and through several rooms that may or may not have additional guards. I am in the field outside of the facility.

((I saw above how you want at least some detail for VR posts. Let me know if you want more or less, or if you would rather I just give a very general situation, instead of setting the stage.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

((The Doctor's reply wasn't in quotation marks, so unsure if it really was him, but will treat it as such.))
Quote from: Lyra to Doctor
Want body same. Like cat. Thought same structure but better materials.

edit: going to explain what Lyra means OOC b/c pw's time is valuable

improved stealth (her fur changing color as desired or necessary to hide her)
accelerated thinking under pressure (Rennen's slow-mo)
faster and more precise motion. (better Dex)
stronger skeletal structure / claws (better End)
if possible, some form of wierdsense that would let her know when people use amps near her. preferably something that would let her use her own amps to counteract what is happening. or maybe simply being alerted to "wierd" things, like the sheep or the more physics-cheaty alien tech or other similar things.

she doesn't want to be any bigger, and wouldn't mind being even smaller if she could be faster, stealthier, and/or more aware of her surroundings as a part of it.

she also hasn't mentioned this yet, but if she could be offered training and practice to acomplish much the same goals (stealth, awareness, and dexterity), that would be appreciated.

she is willing to spend tokens to accomplish these, but isn't sure what is possible and what isn't. she doesn't want to lose what she's gained, and likes what she is right now.

If she was informed of the Deathcube services being offered, she'd be interested in making herself lightweight, but she'd also consult the Doctor first to see if that would cause problems with her unusual biology.

Nyars and armory items are off her list of interests right now because reasons.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 03:08:01 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1798 1799 [1800] 1801 1802 ... 2101