_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1748 1749 [1750] 1751 1752 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928657 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #26235 on: October 27, 2014, 07:32:17 pm »

"Oh yeah. I'm thinking of becoming a passivist."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26236 on: October 27, 2014, 07:41:58 pm »

* Swordsmith sits up at the chance to make buying a decompensator an IC decision

"Can anyone access those courses, or is there a payment or permission required, first? And what is a 'decompensator'?"
"pretty sure anyone can access those courses in VR. "

"Oh yeah. I'm thinking of becoming a passivist."
Pan looks at kyle, in the same way an adult might look at a child of limited intelligence

"you're weird. why would you do that?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26237 on: October 27, 2014, 07:55:03 pm »

"Because I don't want to die and I figure I should have the decency not to kill others if they don't and have souls. So UWM aren't in the not getting killed thing."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26238 on: October 27, 2014, 09:33:20 pm »

"pretty sure anyone can access those courses in VR. "

"And 'decompensators'? What are those?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26239 on: October 28, 2014, 07:45:25 am »

"They're these little machines you jam into your brain, kinda like amps. Only, when you'd accidentally pour in too much juice for what you're doing, they stop you from doing so and dial it back. Implanted surge protectors, if you will. Anyway, there's a list of them over at the armoury if you need to know more. I'm pretty sure they're on a piece of paper on the counter or something. Gotta skedaddle though, I've got an appointement to get my skin torn off and replaced. Later."

Go to the doc and buy myself the stealth synthflesh skin (7 tokens) and get it installed. Also ask the doc if he can add in something to be able to carry small items inside. Skin pouches or gut of holding or whatever.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26240 on: October 28, 2014, 07:54:40 am »

Send message to Pan:

I have arranged for the necessary funds to be transferred to your account, as per our agreement.
Would you be so kind to keep the item in question safely on your person until I get back from my assignment?
Many thanks.

((Thank you wiki fairies!))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26241 on: October 28, 2014, 07:59:45 am »

Hasala nods goodbye at Kyle and Ciel and leaves as well, though he heads towards the barracks.

Go to the bathroom in the barracks. Put on that Nyars artifact anklet I received a mission ago.
EDIT: To help jog your memory, it's a small green square, no line; on the Idiots in Space file, it was called the "NC anklet".
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:55:05 pm by swordsmith04 »

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26242 on: October 28, 2014, 10:42:53 pm »

I dunno how to do the Hasala training video thing in game mechanics...but we could always give you training that, with that specific weapon, will make a roll of 1 not as bad as it normally would be.
yeah that'd be awesome... situationally-slightly-less-incompetence-hoooo!
If it's even possible for you to roll ones, the chances or reducing their impact are pretty great. So pick your weapon and skip a week, and your training will be done.

commence basic sniper training

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26243 on: October 29, 2014, 10:34:52 am »

Go to the armory and get some metal attached to my shield.
I forget how much I quoted for that as a cost. Lets say...2?
{Wiki} Cover his shield in scrap metal and take two tokens from him.

(Yeah I sure as heck hope my memory is good enough to remember that wonderfull journey through chaos!)

Gerald is going to go to the armory and buy a Monorazor and an Emergency kit. He will also buy an historic novel

"Hello there! I would like a Monorazor aswell as an emergency kit please. If you have a book aswell that would be wonderfull. I prefer historic novels."

He gives a nod of acknowledged to the person walking in.
A historical novel? Hmm. Any particular period of time or just a popular one?
{WIKI}Monorazor and Emergency kit to this man. Minus 5 tokens.

Oh no, the one who walked in is appraising the armory master. You might want to skedaddle.

Omega 911 suits up and takes a walk around the halls to size up the competition.  Passing by the research lab, he wonders how he could possible get in, given the giant sign forbidding the entrance of recruits.  Of course he walks past the two standing outside, as they are obviously unable to provide him with any actually useful intelligence.  He enters the docking bay, and notes the lockers.  Finding his locker, he dons his suit, and exits.  He passes by the infirmiry as there is obviously nothing wrong and so many things right with him, and goes into the armory.  He attempts to assess the danger of the person sitting behind the kiosk, as the higher-ups surely wouldn't set a weakling to guard the weapons, considering the state of the press-ganged commoners around here.

Spoiler: TL:DR (click to show/hide)
Hmmmm. Thats an intuition roll. At -1.

ooo lucky devil.

You take one look at the armory master and realize that attempting anything with her other then polite conversation would pose severe risk to your life and limb.

Well, I'm trying to improve my precision. Rolling as I normally would, try to cut off only the dummy's right arm with a beam of heat.
You know rolling in here won't cause any increases right? You'd just be killing time (And dummies).

Ciel freezes as she is acknowledged.

"Yes, if you could call it Stasis. I am Ciel. This is The Sword yes?"

Try to remember what stasis was like and any thoughts I might have had.

Then go to VR and load up a basic microwave PK amp testing course.

You can vaguely remember...or rather you have the impression you had a very odd dream and that time seemed to pass very quickly.

What would that look like? I'm just imagining a "Break the targets" course, sort of like those swat training courses but you have to use MIND BULLETS.

Give Dumbo back his token seeing as miya is being the bane of my existence again.

Use handiwork bonus to modify my gauss rounds to contain 3 hollow chambers each and fill them with my neotherm chemicals whilst making sure to take only one chemical at a time, seal each hollow before moving to the next, and keeping the source canister away from the elbow knock zone.

((Also how do i calculate blast radius?))
{WIKI} TOKEN BACK TO DUMBO
Three chambers? Isn't Neotherm a mix of two substances? HRM. Can't find anything on the wiki about it.

Anyways, lets be a bit dicky here and ask exactly how you're hollowing these out and how thick the dividing walls are, as well as how thick the shell...shell is.

((Very Carefully))

"They're these little machines you jam into your brain, kinda like amps. Only, when you'd accidentally pour in too much juice for what you're doing, they stop you from doing so and dial it back. Implanted surge protectors, if you will. Anyway, there's a list of them over at the armoury if you need to know more. I'm pretty sure they're on a piece of paper on the counter or something. Gotta skedaddle though, I've got an appointement to get my skin torn off and replaced. Later."

Go to the doc and buy myself the stealth synthflesh skin (7 tokens) and get it installed. Also ask the doc if he can add in something to be able to carry small items inside. Skin pouches or gut of holding or whatever.
{WIKI} minus 7 tokens and...The surgery took so +Stealth Skin.

The doc also modifies your body to allow you to hold objects within yourself. Your gut now fills a large portion of your chest cavity and you can swallow and regurgitate items on command, assuming they fit inside you.

Hasala nods goodbye at Kyle and Ciel and leaves as well, though he heads towards the barracks.

Go to the bathroom in the barracks. Put on that Nyars artifact anklet I received a mission ago.
EDIT: To help jog your memory, it's a small green square, no line; on the Idiots in Space file, it was called the "NC anklet".

You guys should really try these when you get them because I haven't a clue. Lets make something new up shall we?...

Ok, you put it on. Nothing happens when you just put it on and stand there. It feels sorta tingly, but thats it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26244 on: October 29, 2014, 10:39:41 am »

Kyle goes to a VR machine and run some tests on his shield. You know, stuff like seeing what can break through it.

solarlight

• Bay Watcher
  • Arrow from the forest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26245 on: October 29, 2014, 11:05:54 am »

Buy a popular one and one about the Mddle ages

"I would like one of the popular ones and one from the Middle Ages, the human Middle Ages.
I find them to be quite enjoyable."

He smiles as he saus this, very much looking forward to his favorite passtime.

Hai

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26246 on: October 29, 2014, 01:09:59 pm »

Truth be told I don't know why I did that. Forgot what VR did, I think.

Anyway, disengage from that, and go watch something on TV while I charge a Will bonus.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26247 on: October 29, 2014, 01:12:41 pm »

Look at bathroom mirror. Any change in my reflection? If not, go walk through the hallways for a bit. Does anything look or feel different?

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26248 on: October 29, 2014, 01:29:09 pm »

Omega smiles at the armory master, and walks away.  After all, he hasn't accomplished anything yet, so she would not yet have anything to gain from conversation with him.  Instead he goes to the rec room and walks over to the VR simulators.  Looking around at anyone in the room, he decides it would be more efficient to ask the other recruits for some guidance rather than mess with an unfamiliar system.  "I wish to practice for the next mission by reviewing the previous missions and hopefully simulate them so I can avoid previous mistakes."
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26249 on: October 29, 2014, 01:37:59 pm »

Oh, from what I've found it's fairly easy to interface with. You sit in the chair and insert that needle that'll knock you unconscious. From there you'll basically be in a black void, and saying help or something similar will list off a bunch of programs. Just say what you want to do and it should be doable.

Xan has a new voice for talking to people!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1748 1749 [1750] 1751 1752 ... 2101