_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1732 1733 [1734] 1735 1736 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928656 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25995 on: September 24, 2014, 03:45:01 pm »

If your negotiations fail, just withdraw peacefully. If we're going to get control via less nice means, that will be a mission in and of itself. Probably with people more designed for it as opposed to a group of kitted out newbies and hard core murders.
((Oh come on! That sounds exactly like a mission those would be geared for, proven well by Ice-9 diplomacy mission!
And wait. 'kitted out newbies' and 'hardcore murderers'? But what about Flint, Lyra, Lars, Maurice, Miyamoto, Jim, Renen, Mesk...
...okay, I get your point. ))
Download a couple of dictionaries and translating tools (of the local language) to my datapad.

Write a program to receive teammate Mk II+ medical systems data (sensors, irises status, current medical injections, etc.) and turn it into visual feed for the faceplate display.

General Miyamoto, I would like to claim a 'Spektr' prototype Variable Laser Weapon, if that was possible. I know I am not the best shot around here (well, one of the worst, I believe), but with a little of careful aim and using it with largest diffusion setting allowed, I might do fine. At the very least I should have the strength for it.
I cannot guarantee it actually being tested, but I can assure you of following your prototype testing rules otherwise.
All in all, if there is one left after the prototypes have been claimed, I would like to try my hand at it.

Stake a claim at a 'Spektr' prototype.
((Woohoo, -2 Con, baby!
Edit:Nah, not worth it.))

What was the price for the aim-assisting software the scientists came up with aeons ago, once again?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:08:51 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25996 on: September 24, 2014, 03:51:20 pm »

If your negotiations fail, just withdraw peacefully. If we're going to get control via less nice means, that will be a mission in and of itself. Probably with people more designed for it as opposed to a group of kitted out newbies and hard core murders.
((Oh come on! That sounds exactly like a mission those would be geared for, proven well by Ice-9 diplomacy mission!
And wait. 'kitted out newbies' and 'hardcore murderers'? But what about Flint, Lyra, Lars, Maurice, Miyamoto, Jim, Renen, Mesk...
Download a couple of dictionaries and translating tools (of the local language) to my datapad.

Write a program to receive teammate Mk II+ medical systems data (sensors, irises status, current medical injections, etc.) and turn it into visual feed for the faceplate display.

General Miyamoto, I would like to claim a 'Spektr' prototype Variable Laser Weapon, if that was possible. I know I am not the best shot around here (well, one of the worst, I believe), but with a little of careful aim and using it with largest diffusion setting allowed, I might do fine. At the very least I should have the strength for it.
I cannot guarantee it actually being tested, but I can assure you of following your prototype testing rules otherwise.
All in all, if there is one left after the prototypes have been claimed, I would like to try my hand at it.

((Woohoo, -2 Con, baby!))

What was the price for the aim-assisting software the scientists came up with aeons ago, once again?

"It's fine for me in principle, but are you really sure it'd be a good idea? If your aim is really as bad as you claim, a gun might be more of a liability than an asset. Wouldn't be the first time friendly fire claims lives."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25997 on: September 24, 2014, 03:56:48 pm »

Requisition a digital thermometer and a reel of thin line from AM ( all hail!)
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25998 on: September 24, 2014, 04:07:06 pm »

Well, you have a point... Yeah, you're probably right. Scratch that request.
My time will come when Simus devises yet more grenades. Or something unconventional like that.
Maurice chuckled lightly.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25999 on: September 24, 2014, 04:09:43 pm »

Go and get a data-pad loaded with relavent Wayfarer texts and documents. Read through them when I have free time on the shuttle. Grab extra battle-stims, say, 2 of each. Put in the suitcase/carry-on bag and go to the hanger.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:19:23 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26000 on: September 24, 2014, 04:11:36 pm »

Get shuttle boarded.

Quote from: D'usse@Milno
Not bringing anything, m'kay?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26001 on: September 24, 2014, 04:12:39 pm »

Well, you have a point... Yeah, you're probably right. Scratch that request.
My time will come when Simus devises yet more grenades. Or something unconventional like that.
Maurice chuckled lightly.

"With reasonable self-restraint like that this mission is well on its way to victory. "

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26002 on: September 24, 2014, 04:14:10 pm »

Get shuttle boarded.

Quote from: D'usse@Milno
Not bringing anything, m'kay?

You can go ahead and post in mission, that's where we're hanging out at the shuttle waiting for the start.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26003 on: September 24, 2014, 04:59:45 pm »

Cecil, after being modified up, pops the knuckles on his primary hands... Then the other two pairs of hands do the same. Cecil grins like only an excited MMA can.

Thanks, Doc. This is gonna be fun.

He stretches back, splaying all his arms out in a grand gesture, before walking out to the shuttle to the mission.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #26004 on: September 24, 2014, 11:40:28 pm »

((Best Halloween costume ever.))

Go find the Doc and ask him to please explain what this mask and shroud did, does, or is doing to me. Then go to my assigned shuttle.
(( There was an Scp with the same effect as that suit, wasn't there? Where this teenager started only seeing the bones of people.
If I wanted a repeat of that ship fiasco I would be betting that you can now affect the bones of people without touching the skin.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26005 on: September 25, 2014, 12:31:31 pm »

((Best Halloween costume ever.))

Go find the Doc and ask him to please explain what this mask and shroud did, does, or is doing to me. Then go to my assigned shuttle.
He shrugs. "Maybe be careful what you pick up while wearing it though."

AND OFF YOU GO

((gib me prototaipes :I))

Quote from: Hobby to Radio, Anton, Pyro
gib me prototaipes plox :I
Gib eh? I'm good for some gibbing.

Jack sighs then goes to the Armoury

Go ask AM how much it would cost of repairing the APC.
"ahhh, maybe 3 tokens?"

((I think I know how to use my mask, guys. Or not. If not, I'm gonna probably die now.))
let's see...
Form a smiley face out of the putty side of the mask. Put the mask on halfway (bend the plastic-y part that way). If then I'm conscious and can control my body (and talk, possibly), put mask on fully and then find someone nearby and watch their reaction when they look at me.
You try to form the putty side into something but it just keeps sloughing back into its formless neutral state. Maybe you have to put it on first?

Well, at least I didn't paint it full of racial slurs or insults to their religion or whatever. Let's see, should I try for another roll?
Internet's response: Unanimous yes.
Okay then. Let's try it again.

Paint Gilgamesh something more intimidating. I'll leave it up to a roll.

If piecewise is too busy to process the roll, then just go for a simple Blood Raven black and dark red with the ARM insignia painted somewhere.

If that turns out equally underwhelming as the previous attempt or worse, just scrub the paint off and go to the hangar so that they can attach Gilgamesh to the shuttle.
Actually, go to the hangar even if the action succeeds. Not much else to do here.

You paint Gilgamesh with...its hard to say. At first glance they appear to be nothing more then complex geometric shapes, almost mandala like, made of interlocking line segments that, they themselves are made of extremely small, honeycombed structures; like beams made of a fine lattice of black thread. The mandala shapes are oddly colored with strange, unfamiliar shades, and the entire thing has the appearance, at a glance, of some kind of mad kaleidoscope of off yellows, queezy greens and painfully bright reds.

But there's something more to it. Quick glances are fine, but as soon as you start to focus on it, to actually look at the patterns, a feeling of distinct, powerful unease comes over you. The feeling rises into one of revulsion and fear almost just as fast and ends in a feeling of terror mixed with vertigo and physical illness. Looking at Gilgamesh even for short periods is physically and mentally painful.

To the hanger you go.
Heard of free weapons in armory if report is made afterward. Am I allowed to have one?

"Which one do you want? And do you agree to all of the conditions? And are you sure you can even use them? Some are a bit heavy."

((Both the small weapons have a str requirement, one 4 and the other 5. So you can't use them as you are. But you can probably shift a point since you haven't gone on a mission yet.))

Ask Steve what kind of man that king we are going to meet is, if he knows anything about him or his history.

Then ask him about what things we can use as leverage during the negotiations. Can we offer economic help? Military protection? To what extent would we allow them to push the boundaries of science?

Secondly, what things can we talk about, and what is off-limits? Can we reveal we have captured a factory planet? Can we talk about Steve's existence at all, or say something like 'we have a big ol' computer to help us'?? Do they even know about him in any way? And if they ask us why we would be better than the UWM, or what would prevent us from becoming just as totalitarian, what reassurances can we give? Hell, if they ask us directly who it is that's leading this movement, what can we tell?

gib me prototaipes plox :I

"I... What? I don't think I feel good about giving experimental weaponry to people of questionable mental capacities."

>I know little about him, at least beyond what the public does. The king has monarchal power, he isn't just a figure head, but a lot of the actual decision making is handled by his advisory and various other people in his court. He's relatively young, late 20's early 30's, well educated but rather detached from the people he rules over. We know plenty about his actions, but we don't know about his personality; we could try to infer things based on his previous actions, but we can't be sure how many and which of those were actually HIS personal actions and not just actions he undertook based upon advisement from his court officials.

In the end I think I might be best for you to just go in with a blank slate and try to read him, as opposed to go in with bad intel and have that sabotage you.

Military aid and the ability to pursue their scientific ambitions. The degree to which we allow them is irrelevant for now. Without...certain materials they are limited in the damage they can do.

Leave me out of this, but in general you can reveal that we have control of a factory planet, that we have an armada on our side, that we have a wide variety of alien technology-they'll be interested in that-and a great deal of information from previously unexplored places. As per why we're better, I'm sure you can think of reasons why a people's rebellion is better then the military superpower they have crushing down on them now. And as per how we won't become totalitarian, theres no good answer to that is there? But I think we can kill two birds with one stone by telling them that this rebellion is run by a council of elected men across all these ships in the armada. People like things like that. Somehow they believe elected councils are more likely to be fair.

That, or tell them Adam Selene.

Thats a joke, Miya.

((Woohoo, -2 Con, baby!
Edit:Nah, not worth it.))

Dictionaries, translation, tools with which you think you can unfuck yourself, sure.

Alright, but you're gonna have to get permission from each person to connect to their suit and have them give you access.

Requisition a digital thermometer and a reel of thin line from AM ( all hail!)
One thermometer and one spindle if metal fishing line cord acquired.

Go and get a data-pad loaded with relavent Wayfarer texts and documents. Read through them when I have free time on the shuttle. Grab extra battle-stims, say, 2 of each. Put in the suitcase/carry-on bag and go to the hanger.
Yeah, for the first part. Second part, if you mean taking 2 of each from the pot of 5 of each sure, but if you mean just getting 2 more of each for free, then nah.

You board your flight.

WE LEAVE ON SATURDAY STEVE GROUP. IF YOU'RE NOT ON THE SHUTTLE, I'M LEAVING YOU BEHIND! (make sure to actually post in the thread, thats how I'm counting.)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26006 on: September 25, 2014, 12:38:29 pm »

Pay for the repair then err...count how many tokens I have.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26007 on: September 25, 2014, 01:02:47 pm »

>That, or tell them Adam Selene.
Wait. Wasn't he killed in the bombing of Luna prior to its declaration of sovereignty in 2174?

Anyway. Steve, in your opinion, would the fleshknitter be of any interest to those people? If yes, would it be possible to synthesise a couple cans of it to be taken as gifts to the king? Or would that be useless, inefficient and wasteful, in your opinion?
Speaking theoretically, of course. General Miyamoto is in charge of funds and requisition, so asking for an advice here.

Ask Steve.
Stuff the Pandora's Bag into my locker, and head off to the shuttle.

Too much of an unknown quantity, too dangerous to take along.
Past Sigs

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26008 on: September 25, 2014, 02:26:03 pm »

((that still does not disprove my theory, wait and see))
Put the mask on carefully. If I think that I start to lose consciousness, even a little bit, stop putting on the mask.
If putting the mask on was successful and no inner (subjective) side effects were observed, try to shape the mask into a smiley face (again) and then find someone nearby and watch their reaction when they look at me.
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #26009 on: September 25, 2014, 03:17:51 pm »

Flint scratched his head and looked at Gilgamesh before immediately regretting it.

"Ummmm... How the hell did I do that?"

He spent a few more seconds looking at the thing with his peripheral vision. It wasn't much better.

"Whatever. I'll figure it out later. They're waiting for me at the shuttle."

With that, he got inside Gilgamesh, very thankful his paintjob didn't include the inside of the suit, and made his way towards the hangar.

"I just hope those religious nuts we're meeting with like it."
Pages: 1 ... 1732 1733 [1734] 1735 1736 ... 2101