_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1731 1732 [1733] 1734 1735 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928450 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25980 on: September 24, 2014, 11:21:53 am »

You think I don't have all that?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_vcc4T15g4-dgAswC_jjiN95mjCFOzM6H7hKwHXGbAs/edit?usp=sharing

By the way, you missed the Lars question to Steve:

"Most Holy Steve, how shall I refer to you and your greatness while on this mission?"

Don't. In general don't, at least. Maybe you can refer to your commander or something but no religious stuff, no talking about the computer that tells you to kill people.

Good enough for me. Buy the Longcoat, and grab some generic luggage containers and throw in several pants shirts, and normal coats(acquiring any and all from the armory master as needed), and stuff my longcoat among them, generally assuming the role of a guy in town for a week or two. make sure some of the luggage has good false bottoms and hidden compartments for hiding things in on the way out!

Addendum:As soon as he gets all this, he heads to the shuttle.

"Milno sir? I'm ready when you are. I've also taken the liberty of packing some luggage for us that has hidden compartments for us to smuggle things in or out."
False bottoms tend not to hold up well when under the eyes of an xray but alright.

I don't know what to make of this. Oh well, at least I can go as a ghost for next Halloween if I live that long.
Jason thinks to himself  as he pulls the mask and shroud from the box.

Put the mask and shroud on and run through the rec room making spooky ghost noises. Maybe rattle some chains if I find any laying around. Unless something interesting happens with the mask/shroud.

You put on the mask and drape the shroud down over yourself. You can see through the mask, somehow, though everything you see is slightly distorted and the colors are significantly more muted. You look down at yourself. Through the thin shroud you can clearly see your body; which appears to have been reduced to nothing except bones. You are literally a skeleton, if your view through the shroud and the mask is to be believed.

Thats odd.

Buy the arbiter's coat. Get ready for the next mission. While waiting for the missions to start, read the HMRC pantheon.
You got it. I'm not doing the pantheon shit again. Someone add it to the wiki.

Clarification on what exactly the Arbiter coat costs? You said "5 or 6 tokens", previously.

When the mission teams go to leave, follow them to the hangar and return the chem-thrower to Miyamoto before they leave.
6. Thank you wiki man.

Hobby falls out of a bulkhead hatch somewhere, hogtied. Someone undoes his bonds before absconding, and he gets wearily to his feet, rubbing his aching head.

Oh, o-oh dear. Um.. This doesn't look like Super Jail..

Wander into the armory. Grab a free, deadly prototype piece of equipment from the AM, as well as poooossssiiibbllyyy a basic medikit or chemical torch if I can convince her to let me lay hands on it.

Hobby presses his pale face up against the glass/impenetrable force field, like a boy in front of a synthsweet store. Wow! The tools you have here are amazing! Superb craftsmanship! AND LOOK. There's even an Exrix-Mickeley Doppler converter with mark.ii hubble dazer and a flame paint job! Far out!! :o Do you make all these things yourself?! You simply must teach me your ways, o' great master of technology.
I don't know about the prototypes aaaaaaaaaa. Ask Radio. AAAAAAA
THE MED KIT AND THE CUTTING TORCH COST MONEY AAAAAAAA

honestly I'm not sure who has these damn prototypes or even what ones are available. I think anton's might have been trapped in development land? I don't know. I've been too swamped in posts and work to keep track.

Yeah, ask radio. Or anton. Or pyro. Just keep asking people till they tell you. But med kits and torches cost money. If you feel like paying, go for it.

Sounds good to me Doc, let's do it.

Body me up for the new mission plz.
Basic overview: You have 6 arms now. Two really big muscly ones, those ones have the bone pistons, and then 4 more normal ones. The normal ones are longer, designed for use with other weapons, ones that don't need as much strength. You've got some good organic armor plating on the primary shoulders and arms, as well as chest, back, and head and neck. Be careful when you punch with an amp.

What?! You dare imply that wizards riding unicorns are not intimidating? Why, I never. Not to mention the symbolism behind the artwork. [/joking]

Paint Gilgamesh something more intimidating. I'll leave it up to a roll.

If piecewise is too busy to process the roll, then just go for a simple Blood Raven black and dark red with the ARM insignia painted somewhere.

EDIT: Oh, and get a dictionary or book with phrases or similar. Something that will help me speak/understand their language if necessary, like the one Faith had in Ice-9, the one that let her talk the language with speech rolls.

And download a map of the area, if available. Tourist map, geographical map, whatever I can find. ((I don't want you to draw a map, just want to have a map in case I need to search for something nearby.))

EDIT EDIT: Oh, if I got those kings/diplomats some of those fine (and rare) Earth-3 cigars we are carrying as a gift, would they appreciate it greatly? If yes, buy them for 3 tokens.

You paint it a very...meh color. Like that sort of nothing beige that all apartment walls are painted.

NEVER TOO BUSY TO ROLL TO FUCK YA UP, HUGS AND KISSES LOVE PIECEWISE XOXO.

Edit: Ok.
Map, ok
Editedit:I dunno. Some might. Some might not smoke. I can't say for sure.

Mispost
Mr.post
Search for a guide to the local flora and fauna for the area around M18, and a guide to both the Q'Baja language, and any local dialect that the people around the desert.

((Faith's gene therapy cost her her soul. She got the Doctor interested, and he knocked her out and performed SCIENCE!))
You'll have a guide with you. Don't worry about it. Just don't kill him. Or let him die.

He's going to die isn't he?

Well, whatever, you won't be with people long enough for it to matter, probably.

*Sure fine, have stuff.

Quote from: Piecewise
I'll give ya 2 tokens if I can use your body to hit people while you're gone.
I accept your terms, feel free to slip metal plates into my boxing gloves.

((See you guys in 3 weeks, unless i find free wi-fi.))

It Begins

buy PAWN-SFE for 6, reinforce shield with a bit of scrap metal ,go sit in that shuttle

DONE

OUT

Sticking with Maurice
((but yes, I'm interested in the next mission, and still have shopping to do.))
third time's the charm:
oh, and Lyra never got the mission end tokens from mission 12. she didn't do a whole lot, but she was active for the ground action and attempted to engage and be helpful throughout. could she get the standard 5 tokens added to her current 3 for a total of 8?
Haven't pressed this since I've been on-ship, but if I'm going to try to join a mission I kinda need a reply, even if it's a 'no'
Welp, if it's time to bring up tokens now... here it is.

If I have 7+ tokens, then buying a mass manipulator amp (confusing name on that thing by the way)
If I don't, then saving what few I have for later.
Wiki was NOT updated after mission 12 for Lyra because I was on a long hiatus. Hence why I've been asking this question. repeatedly.

((other than the above, I'm ready for mission))

Alright. 5 tokens to you. Mass Manipulator Amp bought. Cat pun.

Should have posted this long ago, but... procrastination.

May I add the bodysuit made out of human flesh to the shuttle being sent to the Sword?  I want to trade it with someone for an unopened Nyars box.

((If anyone's interested, my price is a medium red pentagon w/ horizontal line.  Five tokens, for a bodysuit that may or may not let you change your visible form and face and mimic the Armory Master.))
Yes. Put it on the player market place thing-o

Head back to the meeting room with my brand new organs and shiny new cam-eyes. Get comfortable and ask Steve:"What would be the chance of us sneaking in some C4 and thermite? I could see that coming in handy, if we have to brute force our way in. Oh, and what about some some of those battle stims? And one final question, what kind of police/military do they have? Weapons, armor, vehicles, probable response type, that kind of thing."
>Just buy it when you get there. Thats what the bank account and all these fake businesses and temporary help I'm hiring is for.
Battle stims? Sure. Why not.
That, I won't tell you. You'll have to ask locals OR just do your best not to meet em.

Give you a little brain goblin that just kicks you in the brain stem whenever you're about to do something stupid. Organic Decomp huh? I've got an idea for one. Should be hilarious. YAWANTIT?

It would be fine. Security wouldn't stop you for that and if it looks human no one outside would notice it.

See, when you phrase things like that, it makes me concerned that you got the Doctor involved, which is something I would like to avoid :P
You also haven't given me a price for that, which makes me *really* concerned that it's a Doctor project now, and that I should be backing away slowly before he pops into the armory and just drags me away XD

Alright, let me sketch out what I'd like.
I really like the idea you gave a couple years ago: Some kind of med bonus powered by increased empathy, with the downside of needing a will roll whenever someone nearby gets injured. I'd like something like that. Make it a dyn-bonus conditional on the will roll. Pass the roll, and you get a dyn-bonus to treating them. Fail it, and I have to suck my thumb with them or make a med roll through pain, or even treat myself depending on the specifics of their injury.

If the above seems reasonable, could I get a price on it?

Otherwise, give me the price on the decomp idea you came up with. Because I assume you're not going to tell me what it is until I agree

Isn't that basically just the package faith had before she got robotized? Empathy, built in organic healing systems, medifoam organ, fangs full of pain killers, etc?

We could do that.

Not sure the price. Forget what I charged her.

You didn't charge her. She gave the Doctor an idea, something I'm trying to avoid :P

Let's go for the empathy dynbonus, conditional on price. Do it without spending another turn on this for 10 tokens or less.
5 tokens. Good. Done. Enjoy having to roll will whenever someone stubs their toe. Update wiki.

Quote from: Milno to Skylar, Thaddeus, D'usse, Michael, Ulrich
I want everyone who's already ready to go getting to the shuttle and telling me what exactly you're trying to take with you to the mission or if you got any new stuff installed in your body, if anything. The latter is for you, Sky and Rookie.

Third time's the charm: any chance we could get some stat pills as mission-assigned equipment?
Sure. What kind you want? Never mind. Assume you get....aaaaahhh...5 of each kind of pill.

-snip-
Wait, I was in cryo..? There was a rebellion? Wha- Oh my god, how long have I been asleep?!

Hobby rips at his hair frantically.

Oh my gods!! What year is this?! Steve, what year is it? Do we even have years anymore? Are you humans or just some kind of humanlike alien lifeforms from another world? Where are the tentacles? Hold up your fingers so I can count them, mutant scum.

Quote from: Milno to Skylar, Thaddeus, D'usse, Michael, Ulrich
I want everyone who's already ready to go getting to the shuttle and telling me what exactly you're trying to take with you to the mission or if you got any new stuff installed in your body, if anything. The latter is for you, Sky and Rookie.
((Good god Cael what are you doing putting your dialogue in a quote like that, I didn't even realize you were saying anything at all much less speaking to me. I had to double check to make sure that was coming from you since I don't know your bloody name by heart just yet.))

Hobby's wristcompy boops. He fiddles with the buttons before finally figuring out exactly how to work the darn thing.

Quote from: Hobby to Milno
Well I asked this nice woman over here if I could have a CHEMTORCH and an EMERGENCY MEDIKIT, and one of those PROTOTYPE GUNS. My body's all flesh, I dunno what you're on about stuff inside us. Do you guys really have fake body limbs and stuff?

Try to get the cost stuff for free, or at least convince the AM to let them go at 5 tokens instead of 6 because she's a very lovely lady and her stuff is all very shiny and well-polished and diligently kept and she also has very pretty eyes did she know she has pretty eyes? Then head to the shuttle with my acquired.
5 tokens? Sure. Why not. I still don't know about that prototype.

((Thanks!))

Ask the Armory Master nicely for a second datapad. If allowed, make sure to turn off all wireless and put there all my notes on the Doctor's origin and name. Put it in my locker and leave it unlocked.
((A foundation in case of my untimely death. Or a cause of my untimely death.))

Every great religion has a miracle at its core, there is always more than there seems to be.
Check out if my primary datapad has Wayfarer religious texts; if it doesn't, download them. Skim for most striking and/or cryptic passages. Also, think about extra passages which might be worth looking at, and check them out. Then consider relevant passages, and consult the texts once more. Finally, just open the texts at a random page and read it.
((Int, Intuit, and pure d6. The old conventions still live!))

Brother Lars, I seek your knowledge and wisdom. By any chance, do you know anything interesting about the Wayfarers? Surely their teachings can't surpass the Miracles of Steve, yet, perhaps, there might be something behind them being that influential and Wayfarer society achieving that much? Let alone the fact that this religion pre-dates even the Altered Wars, if I recall correctly.
First part: done.

Second one: Assume you have them and that you know the stuff that has been told to others. For now, wait till we get these started, then read up in the early mission posts.

"Certainly. If somebody else needs them, then I'll hand them over, no problem."
Flint (in Gilgamesh) extended his arm and accepted the prototypes, testing their weight and their sights.
"Thanks boss. That should come in handy."
He turned around and headed towards the Armoury. A few steps later, he stopped.
"Oh, and I just wanted to say, it's great to be on a mission with you again sir." he added without turning around.
"I just hope I do better than the last one." he added, mostly to himself, as he walked away.

"I'm adamantly sure that you'll do  great, don't sweat it. Stay focused, and do your best, that's all I could really ask for."

Ask Steve if they speak our language, or if we also get a translator. Then ask what our options are if the negotiations fail. Would a coup be an option? Mindwiping the king to our cause or putting our own puppet ruler in his stead? Kidnapping all their important scientists? Preferably not, of course, but it's good to have back-up plans.

Most of them there will speak your language, a few might not but there will be translators. Don't worry about that too much. If your negotiations fail, just withdraw peacefully. If we're going to get control via less nice means, that will be a mission in and of itself. Probably with people more designed for it as opposed to a group of kitted out newbies and hard core murders.

Accept Miya's terms and get a gun. A big one.
I've got a big gun for ya right here!

Take one prototype "Spektr" from AM.
Alright.

Oh, by the way - I did something a while ago.

Interesting. Steal a few trays, and slather an assortment of desserts on them. Then move over to the barracks and find an empty bunk - place the trays on a bed and then take the mossy rock out of its container and place it on one of the trays.

Then go find Fred again.

You proceed to make a horrible mess in-potentia and then go look for fred in the armory. He's not there when you show up, replaced instead by a very pretty lady.

Namely, put the red moss in an intriguing position. Check that moss, see how much has it grown. Take about a handful along if possible.
It's grown quite a lot. There's a lot of it now. IN fact, your...well the bed of the person who did that, is now mostly covered in it. It's growing on the blankets and sheets and sending little vines or crawlers of moss down the sides. You grab a clump.

((And I believe with that, all the prototype lasers are gone. Lars, Flint, and... NAV's character have the Radugas, and Flint, Bartholomew, and Illgeo's character have the Spektrs. Only the Testament prototypes left.))

Claim a Testament prototype from the armory if permitted, since they're free and all.
I am uncertain if I can do that without Pyro or Miya's ok for your character.

Go check on the APC.
The apc is pretty badly banged up: It's got holes in the rear, and big crushed handprints on the sides, not to mention being generally scratched and smashed.

Ulrich Leland.

Quote from: Ulrich to: Milno
I'll bring some connector cables in case we need to do hacking.

"Steve, will we have a connection with you during the mission?"

Ask. Obtain few connector cables for wristpad.

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
DONE.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25981 on: September 24, 2014, 11:33:33 am »

((Best Halloween costume ever.))

Go find the Doc and ask him to please explain what this mask and shroud did, does, or is doing to me. Then go to my assigned shuttle.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25982 on: September 24, 2014, 11:37:29 am »

((gib me prototaipes :I))

Quote from: Hobby to Radio, Anton, Pyro
gib me prototaipes plox :I

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25983 on: September 24, 2014, 12:01:11 pm »

Jack sighs then goes to the Armoury

Go ask AM how much it would cost of repairing the APC.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25984 on: September 24, 2014, 12:10:28 pm »

((I think I know how to use my mask, guys. Or not. If not, I'm gonna probably die now.))
let's see...
Form a smiley face out of the putty side of the mask. Put the mask on halfway (bend the plastic-y part that way). If then I'm conscious and can control my body (and talk, possibly), put mask on fully and then find someone nearby and watch their reaction when they look at me.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:22:44 pm by lw »
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25985 on: September 24, 2014, 01:12:06 pm »

Well, at least I didn't paint it full of racial slurs or insults to their religion or whatever. Let's see, should I try for another roll?
Internet's response: Unanimous yes.
Okay then. Let's try it again.

Paint Gilgamesh something more intimidating. I'll leave it up to a roll.

If piecewise is too busy to process the roll, then just go for a simple Blood Raven black and dark red with the ARM insignia painted somewhere.

If that turns out equally underwhelming as the previous attempt or worse, just scrub the paint off and go to the hangar so that they can attach Gilgamesh to the shuttle.
Actually, go to the hangar even if the action succeeds. Not much else to do here.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25986 on: September 24, 2014, 02:17:16 pm »

Heard of free weapons in armory if report is made afterward. Am I allowed to have one?

"Which one do you want? And do you agree to all of the conditions? And are you sure you can even use them? Some are a bit heavy."

((Both the small weapons have a str requirement, one 4 and the other 5. So you can't use them as you are. But you can probably shift a point since you haven't gone on a mission yet.))

Ask Steve what kind of man that king we are going to meet is, if he knows anything about him or his history.

Then ask him about what things we can use as leverage during the negotiations. Can we offer economic help? Military protection? To what extent would we allow them to push the boundaries of science?

Secondly, what things can we talk about, and what is off-limits? Can we reveal we have captured a factory planet? Can we talk about Steve's existence at all, or say something like 'we have a big ol' computer to help us'?? Do they even know about him in any way? And if they ask us why we would be better than the UWM, or what would prevent us from becoming just as totalitarian, what reassurances can we give? Hell, if they ask us directly who it is that's leading this movement, what can we tell?

gib me prototaipes plox :I

"I... What? I don't think I feel good about giving experimental weaponry to people of questionable mental capacities."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 06:14:47 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25987 on: September 24, 2014, 02:25:50 pm »

"Which one do you want? And do you agree to all of the conditions? And are you sure you can even use them? Some are a bit heavy."

"Testament. Yes. Yes."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25988 on: September 24, 2014, 02:29:28 pm »

"Testament. Yes. Yes."

((You realize you do not meet the stat requirement currently? And that you could shift a point from dex to strength without losing any bonuses?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25989 on: September 24, 2014, 02:39:09 pm »

((You realize you do not meet the stat requirement currently? And that you could shift a point from dex to strength without losing any bonuses?))

((I do. You said so, did you not?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25990 on: September 24, 2014, 02:42:46 pm »

((I do. You said so, did you not?))

((So, are you going to shift a point? Cause I'm a bit reluctant to give stuff to people who can't use it.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25991 on: September 24, 2014, 02:43:54 pm »

((So, are you going to shift a point? Cause I'm a bit reluctant to give stuff to people who can't use it.))

((Nope. I have a plan.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25992 on: September 24, 2014, 02:49:24 pm »

((Nope. I have a plan.))

((Here's hoping that plan amounts to more than lugging around stuff you can't use.))

"Very well. Permission granted."

((Be sure to update the wiki.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25993 on: September 24, 2014, 02:52:15 pm »

((Nope. I have a plan.))
((This is going to go well, I can just feel it.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #25994 on: September 24, 2014, 03:19:44 pm »

EDIT: (Missions started, didn't notice whoops)
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/
Pages: 1 ... 1731 1732 [1733] 1734 1735 ... 2101