_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1729 1730 [1731] 1732 1733 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5925824 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25950 on: September 23, 2014, 11:55:39 pm »

Give you a little brain goblin that just kicks you in the brain stem whenever you're about to do something stupid. Organic Decomp huh? I've got an idea for one. Should be hilarious. YAWANTIT?

It would be fine. Security wouldn't stop you for that and if it looks human no one outside would notice it.

See, when you phrase things like that, it makes me concerned that you got the Doctor involved, which is something I would like to avoid :P
You also haven't given me a price for that, which makes me *really* concerned that it's a Doctor project now, and that I should be backing away slowly before he pops into the armory and just drags me away XD

Alright, let me sketch out what I'd like.
I really like the idea you gave a couple years ago: Some kind of med bonus powered by increased empathy, with the downside of needing a will roll whenever someone nearby gets injured. I'd like something like that. Make it a dyn-bonus conditional on the will roll. Pass the roll, and you get a dyn-bonus to treating them. Fail it, and I have to suck my thumb with them or make a med roll through pain, or even treat myself depending on the specifics of their injury.

If the above seems reasonable, could I get a price on it?

Otherwise, give me the price on the decomp idea you came up with. Because I assume you're not going to tell me what it is until I agree

Isn't that basically just the package faith had before she got robotized? Empathy, built in organic healing systems, medifoam organ, fangs full of pain killers, etc?

We could do that.

Not sure the price. Forget what I charged her.

You didn't charge her. She gave the Doctor an idea, something I'm trying to avoid :P

Let's go for the empathy dynbonus, conditional on price. Do it without spending another turn on this for 10 tokens or less.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25951 on: September 24, 2014, 12:06:12 am »

Quote from: Milno to Skylar, Thaddeus, D'usse, Michael, Ulrich
I want everyone who's already ready to go getting to the shuttle and telling me what exactly you're trying to take with you to the mission or if you got any new stuff installed in your body, if anything. The latter is for you, Sky and Rookie.

Third time's the charm: any chance we could get some stat pills as mission-assigned equipment?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25952 on: September 24, 2014, 12:22:19 am »

-snip-
Wait, I was in cryo..? There was a rebellion? Wha- Oh my god, how long have I been asleep?!

Hobby rips at his hair frantically.

Oh my gods!! What year is this?! Steve, what year is it? Do we even have years anymore? Are you humans or just some kind of humanlike alien lifeforms from another world? Where are the tentacles? Hold up your fingers so I can count them, mutant scum.

Quote from: Milno to Skylar, Thaddeus, D'usse, Michael, Ulrich
I want everyone who's already ready to go getting to the shuttle and telling me what exactly you're trying to take with you to the mission or if you got any new stuff installed in your body, if anything. The latter is for you, Sky and Rookie.
((Good god Cael what are you doing putting your dialogue in a quote like that, I didn't even realize you were saying anything at all much less speaking to me. I had to double check to make sure that was coming from you since I don't know your bloody name by heart just yet.))

Hobby's wristcompy boops. He fiddles with the buttons before finally figuring out exactly how to work the darn thing.

Quote from: Hobby to Milno
Well I asked this nice woman over here if I could have a CHEMTORCH and an EMERGENCY MEDIKIT, and one of those PROTOTYPE GUNS. My body's all flesh, I dunno what you're on about stuff inside us. Do you guys really have fake body limbs and stuff?

Try to get the cost stuff for free, or at least convince the AM to let them go at 5 tokens instead of 6 because she's a very lovely lady and her stuff is all very shiny and well-polished and diligently kept and she also has very pretty eyes did she know she has pretty eyes? Then head to the shuttle with my acquired.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:12:57 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25953 on: September 24, 2014, 12:42:05 am »

Quote from: Thaddeus to Milno
"Hopefully I'll be bringing some battle stims, C4, thermite, Bluesmokes and anything else you think I should bring. I, uh, have some disguised cam-eyes and some trauma resistant, redundant organs. 'Cause a back-up is always nice."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25954 on: September 24, 2014, 01:02:39 am »

Quote from: Michael to Milno
I'm bringing a Civic Defender's Longcoat and several luggage cases with hidden compartments for smuggling all our shit in.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25955 on: September 24, 2014, 02:03:05 am »

((Thanks!))

Ask the Armory Master nicely for a second datapad. If allowed, make sure to turn off all wireless and put there all my notes on the Doctor's origin and name. Put it in my locker and leave it unlocked.
((A foundation in case of my untimely death. Or a cause of my untimely death.))

Every great religion has a miracle at its core, there is always more than there seems to be.
Check out if my primary datapad has Wayfarer religious texts; if it doesn't, download them. Skim for most striking and/or cryptic passages. Also, think about extra passages which might be worth looking at, and check them out. Then consider relevant passages, and consult the texts once more. Finally, just open the texts at a random page and read it.
((Int, Intuit, and pure d6. The old conventions still live!))

Brother Lars, I seek your knowledge and wisdom. By any chance, do you know anything interesting about the Wayfarers? Surely their teachings can't surpass the Miracles of Steve, yet, perhaps, there might be something behind them being that influential and Wayfarer society achieving that much? Let alone the fact that this religion pre-dates even the Altered Wars, if I recall correctly.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25956 on: September 24, 2014, 05:07:55 am »

Also grab TWO free, deadly prototype pieces of equipment from the AM that I have no idea how to work, as well as poooossssiiibbllyyy a basic medikit or chemical torch if I can get my hands on it.

Gonna have to go through the appropriate hoops my dear. Related to that, I updated the funds and pools page, and I added 2 new rules, mostly about having to update the appropriate wiki pages.

"Do I have any special orders before departure, messer-general?"

"Not really, just get ready, buy or ask what you need and get in the shuttle. "

I approach Miyamoto.

"Hey boss. Heard you were handing out free laser cannons, so I thought I could borrow one to replace my mining laser for the mission, if nobody else wants them. I mean the old mining laser is fine."
Flint shows the old mining laser he got in his first mission. It is clear that it was once screwed onto something larger, the trigger system is rather unorthodox and there are several unconnected wires dangling in places.
"It's rechargeable and it has served me well so far, but I think that in a diplomatic meeting, I would look better if I wasn't wielding something that looks like it was torn out of a mining vehicle, you know? I got to look my best."

"Also, if you can spare one of the smallest lasers too, then I'd like to have one. Mostly in case I need to get out of Gilgamesh, since I currently lack any long range weapons I can carry without the use of an exoskeleton."

"And I heard they can be used non-lethally, so that would be a plus, in case we encounter any problems with civilians."

"Hmm, two eh? Ok then, but if there's a shortage or somebody else wants one, you'll have to give up one of them, ok? Oh, and do you agree to the rules as depicted [on the wiki page]? If yes to both, consider them yours"

I think Miya is in control of that?
I'm definitely gonna let miya handle that. Or anton. Or someone else. Because I have no idea where they stand.
No worries, I'm on that.

"Hey Miyamoto, can I test one of the fancy prototype laser cannons? I'm strong enough to use it, and my aim's improved significantly since I shot my own body off.

I plan on testing a technique where one uses it alongside a sidearm. Shoot the sidearm at the enemies while it's charging and cooling off, and switch to the big gun when it's ready."

"A big or a small one? Also, do you agree to the terms?"

« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:12:09 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25957 on: September 24, 2014, 05:15:00 am »

Quote from: Bartholomew to Miyamoto
"Can I have technical characteristics of prototypes,  messer-general?"
Send message.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:18:48 am by Illgeo »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25958 on: September 24, 2014, 05:20:55 am »

Quote from: Bartholomew to Miyamoto
"Can I have technical characteristics of prototypes,  messer-general?"
Send message.

((You can find these in the Hep thread, you'll have to search a little bit.

Could I kindly request that the inventors of these prototypes take the time to add their thing, with description, to the Armory page under the 'prototype' section?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25959 on: September 24, 2014, 05:40:30 am »

((I'm sorta waiting on Pyro's update until I consider the description properly finalized on my end. Pyro's update, and the subsequent PW's update that was supposed to follow it.

I can post them there and put a note that they're not final, would that work?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25960 on: September 24, 2014, 05:45:32 am »

((I'm sorta waiting on Pyro's update until I consider the description properly finalized on my end. Pyro's update, and the subsequent PW's update that was supposed to follow it.

I can post them there and put a note that they're not final, would that work?))

Yes, perfect.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25961 on: September 24, 2014, 05:58:22 am »

"Certainly. If somebody else needs them, then I'll hand them over, no problem."
Flint (in Gilgamesh) extended his arm and accepted the prototypes, testing their weight and their sights.
"Thanks boss. That should come in handy."
He turned around and headed towards the Armoury. A few steps later, he stopped.
"Oh, and I just wanted to say, it's great to be on a mission with you again sir." he added without turning around.
"I just hope I do better than the last one." he added, mostly to himself, as he walked away.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25962 on: September 24, 2014, 06:35:05 am »

"Certainly. If somebody else needs them, then I'll hand them over, no problem."
Flint (in Gilgamesh) extended his arm and accepted the prototypes, testing their weight and their sights.
"Thanks boss. That should come in handy."
He turned around and headed towards the Armoury. A few steps later, he stopped.
"Oh, and I just wanted to say, it's great to be on a mission with you again sir." he added without turning around.
"I just hope I do better than the last one." he added, mostly to himself, as he walked away.

"I'm adamantly sure that you'll do  great, don't sweat it. Stay focused, and do your best, that's all I could really ask for."

Ask Steve if they speak our language, or if we also get a translator. Then ask what our options are if the negotiations fail. Would a coup be an option? Mindwiping the king to our cause or putting our own puppet ruler in his stead? Kidnapping all their important scientists? Preferably not, of course, but it's good to have back-up plans.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25963 on: September 24, 2014, 06:44:02 am »

Accept Miya's terms and get a gun. A big one.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25964 on: September 24, 2014, 07:07:55 am »

Accept Miya's terms and get a gun. A big one.

Be sure to change all the relevant wiki pages accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 1729 1730 [1731] 1732 1733 ... 2101