_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1727 1728 [1729] 1730 1731 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924067 times)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25920 on: September 23, 2014, 05:17:22 am »

Quote from: Bartholomew to Miyamoto
"Do I have any special orders before departure, messer-general?"
Send message.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25921 on: September 23, 2014, 06:26:57 am »

I approach Miyamoto.

"Hey boss. Heard you were handing out free laser cannons, so I thought I could borrow one to replace my mining laser for the mission, if nobody else wants them. I mean the old mining laser is fine."
Flint shows the old mining laser he got in his first mission. It is clear that it was once screwed onto something larger, the trigger system is rather unorthodox and there are several unconnected wires dangling in places.
"It's rechargeable and it has served me well so far, but I think that in a diplomatic meeting, I would look better if I wasn't wielding something that looks like it was torn out of a mining vehicle, you know? I got to look my best."

"Also, if you can spare one of the smallest lasers too, then I'd like to have one. Mostly in case I need to get out of Gilgamesh, since I currently lack any long range weapons I can carry without the use of an exoskeleton."

"And I heard they can be used non-lethally, so that would be a plus, in case we encounter any problems with civilians."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25922 on: September 23, 2014, 09:05:53 am »

Going on holiday.

Any chance of having my character perform menial but ultimately safe labour for low pay while im gone?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25923 on: September 23, 2014, 10:41:31 am »

Buy the small box with green hexagon crossed with a diagonal line on it for 3 tokens. If succesful, open it.
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25924 on: September 23, 2014, 11:51:41 am »

Spoiler: Math (click to show/hide)
((A dynamic bonus is more powerful, though, because it's an unconditional help. At 0 skill, it "helps" five out of six times, because it improves any roll that isn't a 5. It does help less and less as skill increases though, because you have more chance of overshot. But those cases are covered by a decomp. All in all, a combination of the two is best.

I wonder if we could have some sort of advanced training course available, that would add a point to the character's dynamic bonus? Say, up to his regular bonus in the stat? I.e. if you have a natural skill of +2, then training could increase your dynamic bonus to +/-2. Make it in true CRPG fashion and have it be purchased with skill levelup points. :P))

(( It flattens all rolls towards 5, but I wouldn't always call that 'helping'. I call helping when it changes something that would be a 'failure' into a success, which would be 3 to 4 or 6 to 5. It's equivalent to a +1 bonus that prevents overshoots if its the only bonus in play. ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25925 on: September 23, 2014, 12:13:56 pm »

Quote from: Crystaline projector
Description:Developed using artifacts recovered by Faith Valentine, this weapon causes crystalline growths to appear on your targets. These growths restrain movement as well as rapidly growing inward, crushing, impaling and continuing to grow within the target. You may also be able to use it to create vast crystal fields and start a business selling shiny things to hippies and idiots.
Crystaline projector crystals don't explode.
((Believe a man who has actually treated such a wound ( :P ): those crystalline growths do explode (shrapnel-style) after growing for several seconds. The PSL shards "explode" into electricity, not sure about actually fragmenting.))
((Well, why not.))
By the way, Steve. It's been quite a while since the Defense of Hephaestus ended, but with the new missions coming... Did I actually get anything for getting shelled out of action before I could actually do anything useful back then? Humor me, if you don't mind.
Ask Steve.

Also, General. I would like to request additional medical supplies to be added to the mission budget. Mostly just an Emergency Kit or two, and maybe a couple cans of medi-foam, as my own supplies are unfortunately low for a team of this size - just as Mesk's are, not to mention it probably being unwise to spend his advanced kit on trivial injuries.
And if those end up unused, they can be sold back to the armory for the full price, can't they? Except for two cans of medi-foam, obviously, but I'd be as willing to buy them after the mission, especially since just two of them should cost us about a single token.

((Sorry Nik, I seem to more easily miss stuff if it's hidden in rp post.))

"Yeah, presenting it as a gift for them to work with might be a better idea than cutting open a random bystander as a field demonstration, heh. Thanks for offering.

I'll ask about the supplies.

PW, could I request 2 emergency kits as mission equipment, as well as 2 cans of medifoam? Anything not used shall be returned to the armory at mission end, and I'll try to see that nobody tries to smuggle out anything from them.

Also, Illgeo replaces lw. I assume he also still gets that Mk.III?

lw has confirmed through pm that he isn't joining M17. Illgeo, you're up. M17 people, get ready. Buy what you need, ask whatever info seems relevant, and get ready to rumble soon.

PW, sending pm with roster.

I'll do my best. (Considering the last time I said that to you, I hope getting shot is much rarer on the ship. ...Lerman Russ is going on one of the current missions, right? :P )

I'm not sure he if is, but he certainly isn't going on mine.

Good luck with it. Oh, and Pancaek is doing something similar for me, so you might want to coordinate with him to prevent doing double work.

((Is this purely IC, for-behind-the-scenes-NPCs stuff, or do you want me to write up walls of text for future newbies? Or both? RPing a VR Hasala drill sergeant in a VR training course would be entertaining, at least. :P

Oh, and do you want me to return the chem-thrower now, before the briefings end, or before the missions leave? Or after? And is it the one you have listed on the Players' Market, because if so, I'd like to buy it.))

((It's a behind-the-scenes-NPC thing, training guerrillas on UWM worlds. Ask pw how eactly he wants you to go about it. But if you want to try your hand at writing an IC new recruit guide/training course, by all means feel free. Lords knows our lemmings can use all the help they can get  :P

Just give it back before Miya leaves on mission. The one on the player market is the one that was in the care package. Tokens from selling this go to newbie fund.))
Yeah sure, for both of those things.

Just a quick check, wizards and unicorns aren't offensive in that planet, right? Or should I repaint Gilgamesh?

EDIT: And is there any sort of battlesuit etiquette? I mean, should I stay out of the battlesuit and only get in it if there is need for combat? Should I never address anyone while in a battlesuit? Can I show it and its weapons off as something powerful to impress them or would that be scary?

Also, could I use the Electrified Surface Defence system to stun?

You might want to repaint it just to look a bit more....intimidating.

Use common sense. Keep in it most of the time but don't try to go to dinner in it or walk into someone's nice house in it. I would, however, keep it near by.

Yeah, that's about what I wanted. I assume this will cost token, or is it more a trade in? Because if it's a trade in, go become a robotic ninja cheetah/gecko hybrid.
Token cost. Probably about 5.

Purchase DEATHCUBE for 2 tokens. Also return (not sell) shotgun/helmet/artifact boxes etc. to armory master.

Thank you for use of the equipment. It was very useful!
You can handle all that sorta stuff on you're own, we'll assume. Good luck with the cube. Might want to get a hand truck for it.

((Didn't design the pawn that was emp))
"How much for a hardpoint mount? And how much to make my riot shield withstand gauss, not military but just civilian/police?"
Ask AM
I forget how much I charged other people for it. Anyone else wanna chime in on that? Otherwise, 4 tokens.

As per shield...just find some metal and strap it to the thing.

((So that's how ER's randomizer gets done behind-the-scenes. I always knew PW's d6 RTD crap was made up.))

Say to Steve again, louder, with a bit more swearing, and possibly including the phrase "By Jingo!" in it somewhere :

"So Steve, this agent you have, was he batshit crazy? I know you said he's not the superstitious sort, but that doesn't mean he's not just fucking insane. The desert does weird things to some people after a while. I mean, cold's not an actual bloody thing, is it? It's sort of the lack of it really, but you still can't eat it either way. Did his handler mention anything else? Not much to go on right now.

Oh yeah, do the locals have any whacked out taboos or customs or anything we should know about? Other than "don't eat cold"? And is it the same planet that the other mob are going? 'Coz I'm bringing a fuck-tonne of water if it is, but at least I'll know not to waste the shit."

>He seemed fairly  stable. As stable as any humans do, to me, at least.

It's best not to question such things.  One mission involved a sentient, parasitic sound, so our flimsy concepts of rationality don't hold much sway in the universe as a whole.

It's the same planet, yes. Though the place you're going to is less advanced and closer to the arabic roots of the founder's faith. You'll have a handler and translator to take care of things for you, so don't worry overly about being polite.

Box time. Get a large green Nyars box with hexagon and...um...vertical line, because nothing can go wrong with self-aware armor, right?

Also, open the box. What's in the box, piecewise, what's in the BOOOX?!

You get something odd. It doesn't take up the whole box, in fact it takes up very little of it. It seems to be a mask which is attached to a shroud. The shroud is made of what appears to be a very thin, white but nearly translucent material while the mask is a pure porcelain white and featureless save for a single simple eye decoration on the forehead. The shroud, which seems to flow from the edges of the mask, would cover your entire body when worn.

((Huh. Anyone want a medical droid?))

Put the med droid in my locker, then go get the disguised cam-eyes(-5 tokens) and the redundant organs(-4 tokens). After that's done back to the briefing room.
Put it in the player market.
-9 tokens for disguised cam eyes and some nice redundant and more trauma resistant organs.

At your service, General. Maurice smiled to Miyamoto.

Acquire following supplies from the armory: rope, duct tape, double-sided tape, wires and cables (a couple reels), Milno poke-sticks, a double handful of metal nuts and bolts (in a bag or something), a few lightsticks like those we used on Mission 6, a few sheets of paper and several pencils, a couple cans of spray paint (various colors),  a couple bottles of HMRC Standard, a carton of each kind of smokes, a pipe of mundane/ubiquitous kind (or its common space-future equivalent, hopefully allowing in-suit smoking) - nothing special to be charged tokens, a lighter/modern equivalent of, a few sheets of most basic cloth, a few bottles of water, some extra food rations (standard suit-feeding stuff) and a tactical backpack to hold all of the above. Verify if anything would cost me tokens.
Maurice smiled half-ironically, half-apologetically as he spoke to the Armory Master, requesting the long list of supplies.
Hazardous Material Requisition all the way. In case they ever want us to prove it.

((@Piecewise Maurice participated in the initial phase of the Defense of Hephaestus. Well, sort of. ))
Spoiler: Relevant quotes (click to show/hide)

((Huh. Anyone want a medical droid?))
((I might be interested, but probably won't be able to buy until after the mission. How much would you want for it?

@Piecewise Is the medi-droid Med-controlled or Aux-controlled? Or, like the Gunner Bot, rolling for things on its own?))

Ahhhh thats probably fine for free.

We'll give ya 5 tokens.

The droid is controlled via the remote. Like DA CUBE it requires no rolls.

PW: Fleshy is all that matters, Human not so much. All that matters is punching things into pieces. Well, and a human-ish silhouette.

ALSO I AM ON THE LIST OF M18 ((unless Milno wants me in the spec-ops))

I assume you want to pay for this and not try to fight...who is our resident mutant? Xan, thats right. Pay for it and not have to fight xan. I'm thinking bone plates, multiple arms, high density muscle, and a Big-O style bone piston to really REALLY make use of the amp's full force.

How much cash you got?

Uuuh, if I sell back a monorazor I've never used and get the full two tokens back, that would make seven tokens.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

E: If there's an UnCon prototype, I'll take one along for funsies. ((Why is it not a fucking backslash like literally every other language I work in gdi))
Ahhh sounds like enough to me. If you feel like paying 7 tokens for a nice new body, just say so.

I think Miya is in control of that?

Sticking with Maurice
((but yes, I'm interested in the next mission, and still have shopping to do.))
third time's the charm:
oh, and Lyra never got the mission end tokens from mission 12. she didn't do a whole lot, but she was active for the ground action and attempted to engage and be helpful throughout. could she get the standard 5 tokens added to her current 3 for a total of 8?
Haven't pressed this since I've been on-ship, but if I'm going to try to join a mission I kinda need a reply, even if it's a 'no'
Welp, if it's time to bring up tokens now... here it is.

If I have 7+ tokens, then buying a mass manipulator amp (confusing name on that thing by the way)
If I don't, then saving what few I have for later.
Check the wiki. You have 3. Unless thats wrong.

Brother Lars, after spending some time in thought, raises his voice again.  "Most Holy Steve, how shall I refer to you and your greatness while on this mission?

Reflect on the opinion of Wayfarers on the religions of others.  Ask Steve.
It depends on the person, really. Much like in our own time, religious tolerance is more dependent on the tolerance of the person. They'll generally be pretty tolerant of you as long as you don't shove it down their throat or start calling them heathens or something.

Get one of Anton's prototype laser cannons if there are any available.
I'm definitely gonna let miya handle that. Or anton. Or someone else. Because I have no idea where they stand.

Give you a little brain goblin that just kicks you in the brain stem whenever you're about to do something stupid. Organic Decomp huh? I've got an idea for one. Should be hilarious. YAWANTIT?

It would be fine. Security wouldn't stop you for that and if it looks human no one outside would notice it.

See, when you phrase things like that, it makes me concerned that you got the Doctor involved, which is something I would like to avoid :P
You also haven't given me a price for that, which makes me *really* concerned that it's a Doctor project now, and that I should be backing away slowly before he pops into the armory and just drags me away XD

Alright, let me sketch out what I'd like.
I really like the idea you gave a couple years ago: Some kind of med bonus powered by increased empathy, with the downside of needing a will roll whenever someone nearby gets injured. I'd like something like that. Make it a dyn-bonus conditional on the will roll. Pass the roll, and you get a dyn-bonus to treating them. Fail it, and I have to suck my thumb with them or make a med roll through pain, or even treat myself depending on the specifics of their injury.

If the above seems reasonable, could I get a price on it?

Otherwise, give me the price on the decomp idea you came up with. Because I assume you're not going to tell me what it is until I agree

Isn't that basically just the package faith had before she got robotized? Empathy, built in organic healing systems, medifoam organ, fangs full of pain killers, etc?

We could do that.

Not sure the price. Forget what I charged her.

((A dynamic bonus is more powerful, though, because it's an unconditional help. At 0 skill, it "helps" five out of six times, because it improves any roll that isn't a 5. It does help less and less as skill increases though, because you have more chance of overshot. But those cases are covered by a decomp. All in all, a combination of the two is best.

I wonder if we could have some sort of advanced training course available, that would add a point to the character's dynamic bonus? Say, up to his regular bonus in the stat? I.e. if you have a natural skill of +2, then training could increase your dynamic bonus to +/-2. Make it in true CRPG fashion and have it be purchased with skill levelup points. :P))
They're taking about game balance again. Where's my club...
Quote from: Thomas to Milno
If you need me for the next mission, I'm available. I would like to stay on the ship for the next mission, however.
Chug some sweet space hooch. Pour some out for the fallen homies. But keep most.
I thought this was TCM for a moment. I honestly did. Is this like a Liquid snake/ revolver Ocelot thing? Do you have may's arm or something?

Going on holiday.

Any chance of having my character perform menial but ultimately safe labour for low pay while im gone?

I'll give ya 2 tokens if I can use your body to hit people while you're gone.

Buy the small box with green hexagon crossed with a diagonal line on it for 3 tokens. If succesful, open it.
You get a strange, putty like thing. It seems to be a mask, with a hard, form fitting back to place on your face and a soft, pliable face which lacks any definite features.

SOMEONE ADD HOBBY, KEDLY, DUTRIUS, AND LW TO THE WIKI LIST. IT NOW STANDS AT
   Virrsai Dawa Maal Leeyes *
    Gorat "Chin" Ivanos *
    Dubley Steptimus *
    Han Thren *
    Morul Migrurkeshin *
    Sambo Jin *
    Feyri Nirel *
DORIS
DOOMBLADE
HAPAH
PUFFERFISH
CORSAIR
BEIRUS
HOBBY
KEDLY
DUTRIUS
LW

THE DEATH INCREASES

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25926 on: September 23, 2014, 12:17:58 pm »

Oh great the forum ate the first few posts INCLUDING THE ONE WHERE I SEARCHED THROUGH THE FORUMS FOR LIKE AN HOUR AND COMPLIED ALL THE FUCKING PANTHEON SHIT FOR GRUNHILL

FUCKING THANKS FORUM

AND LAZERUS CAN'T RECOVER THE FORM BECAUSE I HAD TO KEEP COPY PASTING POSTS FROM DEEPER IN THE THREAD BECAUSE THE FORUM REFUSES TO SHOW ANY MORE THEN 20 POSTS INTO THE PAST WHILE REPLYING

FUCKING THANKS FORUM

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25927 on: September 23, 2014, 12:20:01 pm »

Buy the arbiter's coat. Get ready for the next mission. While waiting for the missions to start, read the HMRC pantheon.
You got it. I'm not doing the pantheon shit again. Someone add it to the wiki.

Missed my second question

"Also, would a longcoat protect from being too close to an explosion? Just for reference. Also, how much to make cameyes into a pair of binoculars?"
It will stop shrapnel but the pressure wave will still pulp your organs if you roll a bad END.
Same as a normal pair.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25928 on: September 23, 2014, 12:29:05 pm »

You think I don't have all that?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_vcc4T15g4-dgAswC_jjiN95mjCFOzM6H7hKwHXGbAs/edit?usp=sharing

By the way, you missed the Lars question to Steve:

"Most Holy Steve, how shall I refer to you and your greatness while on this mission?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25929 on: September 23, 2014, 12:31:21 pm »

Good enough for me. Buy the Longcoat, and grab some generic luggage containers and throw in several pants shirts, and normal coats(acquiring any and all from the armory master as needed), and stuff my longcoat among them, generally assuming the role of a guy in town for a week or two. make sure some of the luggage has good false bottoms and hidden compartments for hiding things in on the way out!

Addendum:As soon as he gets all this, he heads to the shuttle.

"Milno sir? I'm ready when you are. I've also taken the liberty of packing some luggage for us that has hidden compartments for us to smuggle things in or out."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:03:18 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25930 on: September 23, 2014, 12:32:15 pm »

I don't know what to make of this. Oh well, at least I can go as a ghost for next Halloween if I live that long.
Jason thinks to himself  as he pulls the mask and shroud from the box.

Put the mask and shroud on and run through the rec room making spooky ghost noises. Maybe rattle some chains if I find any laying around. Unless something interesting happens with the mask/shroud.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:09:58 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25931 on: September 23, 2014, 12:48:48 pm »

Quote from: Thomas to Milno
If you need me for the next mission, I'm available. I would like to stay on the ship for the next mission, however.

Quote from: Milno to Thomas
You can sit this one out. And I know times are still crappy for you, I think it's about time you say your farewells to May, kick your vices and assert yourself over your life. She might've acted like that but she wouldn't like you to be a wreck of a man after her death.

Milno frowns and scratches the back of his MkIII's badger helmet as he finishes typing the message. He isn't a shrink, but he can't afford to lose a soldier able to keep his cool and display bravery in some pretty bad situations.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25932 on: September 23, 2014, 01:05:15 pm »

Buy the arbiter's coat. Get ready for the next mission. While waiting for the missions to start, read the HMRC pantheon.
You got it. I'm not doing the pantheon shit again. Someone add it to the wiki.

Clarification on what exactly the Arbiter coat costs? You said "5 or 6 tokens", previously.

When the mission teams go to leave, follow them to the hangar and return the chem-thrower to Miyamoto before they leave.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:03:18 pm by swordsmith04 »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25933 on: September 23, 2014, 01:10:05 pm »

Hobby falls out of a bulkhead hatch somewhere, hogtied. Someone undoes his bonds before absconding, and he gets wearily to his feet, rubbing his aching head.

Oh, o-oh dear. Um.. This doesn't look like Super Jail..

Wander into the armory. Grab a free, deadly prototype piece of equipment from the AM, as well as poooossssiiibbllyyy a basic medikit or chemical torch if I can convince her to let me lay hands on it.

Hobby presses his pale face up against the glass/impenetrable force field, like a boy in front of a synthsweet store. Wow! The tools you have here are amazing! Superb craftsmanship! AND LOOK. There's even an Exrix-Mickeley Doppler converter with mark.ii hubble dazer and a flame paint job! Far out!! :o Do you make all these things yourself?! You simply must teach me your ways, o' great master of technology.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25934 on: September 23, 2014, 01:23:07 pm »

Sounds good to me Doc, let's do it.

Body me up for the new mission plz.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:01:38 pm by Pufferfish »
Pages: 1 ... 1727 1728 [1729] 1730 1731 ... 2101