_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1726 1727 [1728] 1729 1730 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5925194 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25905 on: September 22, 2014, 04:56:21 pm »

((Didn't design the pawn that was emp))
"How much for a hardpoint mount? And how much to make my riot shield withstand gauss, not military but just civilian/police?"
Ask AM
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #25906 on: September 22, 2014, 05:12:07 pm »

((So that's how ER's randomizer gets done behind-the-scenes. I always knew PW's d6 RTD crap was made up.))

Say to Steve again, louder, with a bit more swearing, and possibly including the phrase "By Jingo!" in it somewhere :

"So Steve, this agent you have, was he batshit crazy? I know you said he's not the superstitious sort, but that doesn't mean he's not just fucking insane. The desert does weird things to some people after a while. I mean, cold's not an actual bloody thing, is it? It's sort of the lack of it really, but you still can't eat it either way. Did his handler mention anything else? Not much to go on right now.

Oh yeah, do the locals have any whacked out taboos or customs or anything we should know about? Other than "don't eat cold"? And is it the same planet that the other mob are going? 'Coz I'm bringing a fuck-tonne of water if it is, but at least I'll know not to waste the shit."
It's a game. Have fun.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25907 on: September 22, 2014, 05:13:43 pm »

Box time. Get a large green Nyars box with hexagon and...um...vertical line, because nothing can go wrong with self-aware armor, right?

Also, open the box. What's in the box, piecewise, what's in the BOOOX?!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 06:48:03 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25908 on: September 22, 2014, 05:32:06 pm »

((Huh. Anyone want a medical droid?))

Put the med droid in my locker, then go get the disguised cam-eyes(-5 tokens) and the redundant organs(-4 tokens). After that's done back to the briefing room.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25909 on: September 22, 2014, 06:00:29 pm »

At your service, General. Maurice smiled to Miyamoto.

Acquire following supplies from the armory: rope, duct tape, double-sided tape, wires and cables (a couple reels), Milno poke-sticks, a double handful of metal nuts and bolts (in a bag or something), a few lightsticks like those we used on Mission 6, a few sheets of paper and several pencils, a couple cans of spray paint (various colors),  a couple bottles of HMRC Standard, a carton of each kind of smokes, a pipe of mundane/ubiquitous kind (or its common space-future equivalent, hopefully allowing in-suit smoking) - nothing special to be charged tokens, a lighter/modern equivalent of, a few sheets of most basic cloth, a few bottles of water, some extra food rations (standard suit-feeding stuff) and a tactical backpack to hold all of the above. Verify if anything would cost me tokens.
Maurice smiled half-ironically, half-apologetically as he spoke to the Armory Master, requesting the long list of supplies.
Hazardous Material Requisition all the way. In case they ever want us to prove it.

((@Piecewise Maurice participated in the initial phase of the Defense of Hephaestus. Well, sort of. ))
Spoiler: Relevant quotes (click to show/hide)

((Huh. Anyone want a medical droid?))
((I might be interested, but probably won't be able to buy until after the mission. How much would you want for it?

@Piecewise Is the medi-droid Med-controlled or Aux-controlled? Or, like the Gunner Bot, rolling for things on its own?))
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:53:15 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25910 on: September 22, 2014, 06:25:15 pm »

((I'm thinking four tokens. Seeing as how I don't currently have any Aux or Med skill anyways, kinda useless to me. If it rolls on its own that would be handy, still gonna keep it for sale though))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25911 on: September 22, 2014, 07:05:25 pm »

PW: Fleshy is all that matters, Human not so much. All that matters is punching things into pieces. Well, and a human-ish silhouette.

ALSO I AM ON THE LIST OF M18 ((unless Milno wants me in the spec-ops))

I assume you want to pay for this and not try to fight...who is our resident mutant? Xan, thats right. Pay for it and not have to fight xan. I'm thinking bone plates, multiple arms, high density muscle, and a Big-O style bone piston to really REALLY make use of the amp's full force.

How much cash you got?

Uuuh, if I sell back a monorazor I've never used and get the full two tokens back, that would make seven tokens.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

E: If there's an UnCon prototype, I'll take one along for funsies. ((Why is it not a fucking backslash like literally every other language I work in gdi))
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 07:29:33 pm by Pufferfish »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25912 on: September 22, 2014, 07:09:23 pm »

Sticking with Maurice
((but yes, I'm interested in the next mission, and still have shopping to do.))
third time's the charm:
oh, and Lyra never got the mission end tokens from mission 12. she didn't do a whole lot, but she was active for the ground action and attempted to engage and be helpful throughout. could she get the standard 5 tokens added to her current 3 for a total of 8?
Haven't pressed this since I've been on-ship, but if I'm going to try to join a mission I kinda need a reply, even if it's a 'no'
Welp, if it's time to bring up tokens now... here it is.

If I have 7+ tokens, then buying a mass manipulator amp (confusing name on that thing by the way)
If I don't, then saving what few I have for later.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25913 on: September 22, 2014, 08:01:28 pm »

HOBBY DECKARD WOULD LIKE IN ON:
MISSION 18

Also grab TWO free, deadly prototype pieces of equipment from the AM that I have no idea how to work, as well as poooossssiiibbllyyy a basic medikit or chemical torch if I can get my hands on it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:52:17 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25914 on: September 22, 2014, 08:45:29 pm »

Brother Lars, after spending some time in thought, raises his voice again.  "Most Holy Steve, how shall I refer to you and your greatness while on this mission?

Reflect on the opinion of Wayfarers on the religions of others.  Ask Steve.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25915 on: September 22, 2014, 09:32:59 pm »

Get one of Anton's prototype laser cannons if there are any available.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25916 on: September 22, 2014, 10:39:58 pm »

I would like to be on mission 18. Also the wiki says I have 5 tokens I have no idea how I got since we didn't get paid for mission Stan
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25917 on: September 23, 2014, 01:57:06 am »

Give you a little brain goblin that just kicks you in the brain stem whenever you're about to do something stupid. Organic Decomp huh? I've got an idea for one. Should be hilarious. YAWANTIT?

It would be fine. Security wouldn't stop you for that and if it looks human no one outside would notice it.

See, when you phrase things like that, it makes me concerned that you got the Doctor involved, which is something I would like to avoid :P
You also haven't given me a price for that, which makes me *really* concerned that it's a Doctor project now, and that I should be backing away slowly before he pops into the armory and just drags me away XD

Alright, let me sketch out what I'd like.
I really like the idea you gave a couple years ago: Some kind of med bonus powered by increased empathy, with the downside of needing a will roll whenever someone nearby gets injured. I'd like something like that. Make it a dyn-bonus conditional on the will roll. Pass the roll, and you get a dyn-bonus to treating them. Fail it, and I have to suck my thumb with them or make a med roll through pain, or even treat myself depending on the specifics of their injury.

If the above seems reasonable, could I get a price on it?

Otherwise, give me the price on the decomp idea you came up with. Because I assume you're not going to tell me what it is until I agree

Spoiler: Math (click to show/hide)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25918 on: September 23, 2014, 02:42:31 am »

Spoiler: Math (click to show/hide)
((A dynamic bonus is more powerful, though, because it's an unconditional help. At 0 skill, it "helps" five out of six times, because it improves any roll that isn't a 5. It does help less and less as skill increases though, because you have more chance of overshot. But those cases are covered by a decomp. All in all, a combination of the two is best.

I wonder if we could have some sort of advanced training course available, that would add a point to the character's dynamic bonus? Say, up to his regular bonus in the stat? I.e. if you have a natural skill of +2, then training could increase your dynamic bonus to +/-2. Make it in true CRPG fashion and have it be purchased with skill levelup points. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25919 on: September 23, 2014, 02:59:50 am »

Quote from: Thomas to Milno
If you need me for the next mission, I'm available. I would like to stay on the ship for the next mission, however.
Chug some sweet space hooch. Pour some out for the fallen homies. But keep most.
Pages: 1 ... 1726 1727 [1728] 1729 1730 ... 2101