_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1725 1726 [1727] 1728 1729 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924176 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25890 on: September 22, 2014, 03:47:49 am »

Quote from: Crystaline projector
Description:Developed using artifacts recovered by Faith Valentine, this weapon causes crystalline growths to appear on your targets. These growths restrain movement as well as rapidly growing inward, crushing, impaling and continuing to grow within the target. You may also be able to use it to create vast crystal fields and start a business selling shiny things to hippies and idiots.
Crystaline projector crystals don't explode.
((Believe a man who has actually treated such a wound ( :P ): those crystalline growths do explode (shrapnel-style) after growing for several seconds. The PSL shards "explode" into electricity, not sure about actually fragmenting.))
((Well, why not.))
By the way, Steve. It's been quite a while since the Defense of Hephaestus ended, but with the new missions coming... Did I actually get anything for getting shelled out of action before I could actually do anything useful back then? Humor me, if you don't mind.
Ask Steve.

Also, General. I would like to request additional medical supplies to be added to the mission budget. Mostly just an Emergency Kit or two, and maybe a couple cans of medi-foam, as my own supplies are unfortunately low for a team of this size - just as Mesk's are, not to mention it probably being unwise to spend his advanced kit on trivial injuries.
And if those end up unused, they can be sold back to the armory for the full price, can't they? Except for two cans of medi-foam, obviously, but I'd be as willing to buy them after the mission, especially since just two of them should cost us about a single token.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:51:09 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25891 on: September 22, 2014, 03:59:26 am »

You worry about what you want, I'll worry about pricing and downsides.

Dynamic bonuses are going to be very pricey. Dynamic bonuses are insanely useful, after all.
Decomp...you mean an organic one as opposed to a mechanical one?
+1 bonus would be relatively cheap, 6 or so tokens, and probably result in making you somewhat more squishy and prone to being shaken up and stunned more easily.

They can be made to look human. The downside would be you'd have no depth perception in either eye. They don't work in concert very well so attempting to use the cam eye and normal one at the same time would be possible but it could really disorient you.

They do, but it's not a lot. You won't really notice unless you just fucking spam the failures.

Yeah, an organic decomp with a more interesting downside as opposed to a mechanical one.

How easily would Cameyes be detected by security? Are prosthetic eyes at all common on planet, or would they just be highly suspicious to have if detected by anything?

Discussdiscussdiscuss
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:03:01 am by Kriellya »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25892 on: September 22, 2014, 04:13:42 am »

Could I control the mechanical break in the arm both via Gilgamesh's computer and a physical switch inside the cockpit that supersedes the computer? I mean, allow the computer to control the break only when the physical switch is in the Computer Controlled position,  with the physical switch having the following options: On, Off, Computer Controlled.
Sure.
Does it cost anything or can I assume I have it?

Loan tokens to the guy, but remind him what happens when you don't pay.
And by that, I mean that if he dies, his creditors got dibs on his equipment and tokens.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25893 on: September 22, 2014, 10:07:40 am »

Description:Developed using artifacts recovered by Faith Valentine, this weapon causes crystalline growths to appear on your targets. These growths restrain movement as well as rapidly growing inward, crushing, impaling and continuing to grow within the target. You may also be able to use it to create vast crystal fields and start a business selling shiny things to hippies and idiots.

Quote from: Piezoelectric shard launcher
There's a lot of complex crap going on here with the flash solidification of crystal matrices, electrical repulsion and sophisticated metamaterials. Thats not important to you; whats important to you is that this gun shoots 2 foot long shards of crystal that impale their target and then explode into electricity. And whats better is that if you hold the trigger rather then just squeeze it, you can drain more of the tank and then fire 10 of those crystals at once.
These are the crystals that explode.

Get dat non-explody crystal arm.
I'm pretty sure they dissolve or something though. It's been so long since one has been used.

FACT CHECK! SOMEONE LOOK THAT UP!

We'll say you grabbed it for now.

Head off to go find Miyamoto.

(Can I edit the wiki page where it says that they're waiting a response from me?)
aahahhhheeeehhhh sure.

I asked for the locality's culture/behavior info in a post. Can I assume I know what you sent Miya or is there more useful stuff to be known since we're not just diplomatic envoys?

I also asked about the possibility of taking those stat pills as mission equipment since minicams are ok.

Yeah you can know it.

As per extra stuff...ehh...they speak like we do, no strange patterns there. uhhhh, poetry is seen as extremely important and poets are much more highly respected...ehh....what would matter to you...umm...they allow the carrying of weapons openly but it is very rare in their society to see someone doing it. They have distinct, though equal, ideas about the "Place" of men and women. Lower level grunt work is done by men, mostly,  while lower level secretarial and number based work is done by women. Middle management white collar stuff can be done by anyone, and high level management tends to be lead by a man, but with the majority of his advisers and secondary positions being held by women. Men are supposed to be polite and non-aggressive while women are supposed to loyal and and protective. It's a bit hard to categorize; sorta...men are seen to be the heads of state, but all the real decision making and background skullduggery is done by women.

This would be easier with some specifics because I'm flailing around to guess what you might actually need.

((Huh. Ok then.))

Take my fun new medical droid to the Doktor and see if he knows anything about it.

Edit:
Oh, and see if it would be possible to get it through airport security, just in case.
You might get it through. I dunno. The security on the way OUT is going to be more of a thing then on the way in, after all.

The doctor would tell you that it's a semi-automated medical drone with the ability to take care of many wounds. Often employed in the overcrowded field hospitals around about the end of the altered war. Usually works just fine. Have to be careful though, because it is a bit finicky in how it sees things and has a bad habit of sometimes sewing eyes and mouths shut because it thinks they're open wounds.

Allow him (Beirus) to borrow 3 tokens. Also rest up and regen those mind points if necessary before Mission 17 starts.
LENDING REGENNING AAAAAAAHHHHHH

Having confirmed for mission 17, make sure all my gear and such is fully loaded and repaired.
Everything you have on the wiki should be ready to go.

PW: Fleshy is all that matters, Human not so much. All that matters is punching things into pieces. Well, and a human-ish silhouette.

ALSO I AM ON THE LIST OF M18 ((unless Milno wants me in the spec-ops))

I assume you want to pay for this and not try to fight...who is our resident mutant? Xan, thats right. Pay for it and not have to fight xan. I'm thinking bone plates, multiple arms, high density muscle, and a Big-O style bone piston to really REALLY make use of the amp's full force.

How much cash you got?

ACQUIRE TESLA SABER, READY FOR MISSION 18 GLORIOUS GLORIOUS ADVENTURE.
Tesla saber bought assuming you have the cash for it. Update wiki. etc

((Believe a man who has actually treated such a wound ( :P ): those crystalline growths do explode (shrapnel-style) after growing for several seconds. The PSL shards "explode" into electricity, not sure about actually fragmenting.))
((Well, why not.))
By the way, Steve. It's been quite a while since the Defense of Hephaestus ended, but with the new missions coming... Did I actually get anything for getting shelled out of action before I could actually do anything useful back then? Humor me, if you don't mind.
Ask Steve.

Also, General. I would like to request additional medical supplies to be added to the mission budget. Mostly just an Emergency Kit or two, and maybe a couple cans of medi-foam, as my own supplies are unfortunately low for a team of this size - just as Mesk's are, not to mention it probably being unwise to spend his advanced kit on trivial injuries.
And if those end up unused, they can be sold back to the armory for the full price, can't they? Except for two cans of medi-foam, obviously, but I'd be as willing to buy them after the mission, especially since just two of them should cost us about a single token.

Were you even on the battlefield? I don't remember. That was a hazy time full of friendly fire, bloodspray and weapon rolls fired into the smoke.

If you were, what did you do? And what parts did you participate in?

You worry about what you want, I'll worry about pricing and downsides.

Dynamic bonuses are going to be very pricey. Dynamic bonuses are insanely useful, after all.
Decomp...you mean an organic one as opposed to a mechanical one?
+1 bonus would be relatively cheap, 6 or so tokens, and probably result in making you somewhat more squishy and prone to being shaken up and stunned more easily.

They can be made to look human. The downside would be you'd have no depth perception in either eye. They don't work in concert very well so attempting to use the cam eye and normal one at the same time would be possible but it could really disorient you.

They do, but it's not a lot. You won't really notice unless you just fucking spam the failures.

Yeah, an organic decomp with a more interesting downside as opposed to a mechanical one.

How easily would Cameyes be detected by security? Are prosthetic eyes at all common on planet, or would they just be highly suspicious to have if detected by anything?

Discussdiscussdiscuss
Give you a little brain goblin that just kicks you in the brain stem whenever you're about to do something stupid. Organic Decomp huh? I've got an idea for one. Should be hilarious. YAWANTIT?

It would be fine. Security wouldn't stop you for that and if it looks human no one outside would notice it.

Could I control the mechanical break in the arm both via Gilgamesh's computer and a physical switch inside the cockpit that supersedes the computer? I mean, allow the computer to control the break only when the physical switch is in the Computer Controlled position,  with the physical switch having the following options: On, Off, Computer Controlled.
Sure.
Does it cost anything or can I assume I have it?

Loan tokens to the guy, but remind him what happens when you don't pay.
And by that, I mean that if he dies, his creditors got dibs on his equipment and tokens.

JUSTASSUMEYOU'VEGOTIT,IT'SCHEAPENOUGHIDON'TCAREWHATEVERGOGOGO

LENDING INTENSIFIES

Mission 18,
Here we come!
ACQUIRE TESLA SABER, READY FOR MISSION 18 GLORIOUS GLORIOUS ADVENTURE.
READY FOR MISSION 18 GLORIOUS DEATH.
PW: Fleshy is all that matters, Human not so much. All that matters is punching things into pieces. Well, and a human-ish silhouette.

ALSO I AM ON THE LIST OF M18 ((unless Milno wants me in the spec-ops))

JOIN MISSION 18
Ask AM question

"Okay then do you have any remote controlled turrets/ auxiliary weaponry? and what about armour that you have available?, overall what do you recommend for someone like me?"
Are you aware of the Pawn gun? Did you design the pawn gun? I forget. Thats what I recommend. Or a mkIII with a hard point for aux fire. Or MK 2 with a exoskeleton and the same hard point.

PW, put me on M18 so I can bum those 8 tokens off of people and go get a box that will hopefully be more cooperative than the Shackle! Please!

Go borrow those 3 tokens from Jim that I was gonna borrow before the mission selection stuff started and bum 5 tokens from Flint by nonchalantly asking. (NOT a speech roll)
   Virrsai Dawa Maal Leeyes *
    Gorat "Chin" Ivanos *
    Dubley Steptimus *
    Han Thren *
    Morul Migrurkeshin *
    Sambo Jin *
    Feyri Nirel *
DORIS
DOOMBLADE
HAPAH
PUFFERFISH
CORSAIR
BEIRUS

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25894 on: September 22, 2014, 10:18:53 am »

Totally unrelated to current missions, but could you someday post Faith's actions/dialog for "secret" part of Mission 10?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25895 on: September 22, 2014, 10:35:27 am »

Totally unrelated to current missions, but could you someday post Faith's actions/dialog for "secret" part of Mission 10?
He already has. On the on ship thread, I think. Just search for hallelujah and you'll find it.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg4567195#msg4567195
Turns out it was Irony.

That foreshadowing is especially fun:
"One day he will tire of your existence as well," The old man says, "What will you do then?"
And this, considering some of the visions some of the inmates have had.
When it comes to RSC 0-3-118-616-8132-1-7-175 4,  You actually can't find anything about it other then that it's a dead planet with no colonization or work. Why would the author of a book give a dead planet as his address?

And I just realized this should be in the OOC thread.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:05:16 am by Parisbre56 »

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25896 on: September 22, 2014, 12:05:10 pm »

Buy the arbiter's coat. Get ready for the next mission. While waiting for the missions to start, read the HMRC pantheon.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25897 on: September 22, 2014, 12:53:00 pm »

Missed my second question

"Also, would a longcoat protect from being too close to an explosion? Just for reference. Also, how much to make cameyes into a pair of binoculars?"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25898 on: September 22, 2014, 01:37:02 pm »

I VOLUNTEER FOR MISSION №18
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25899 on: September 22, 2014, 01:37:40 pm »

@Iw: So you won't be on 17th?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25900 on: September 22, 2014, 02:10:59 pm »

((Well, why not.))
Ask Steve.

((Sorry Nik, I seem to more easily miss stuff if it's hidden in rp post.))

"Yeah, presenting it as a gift for them to work with might be a better idea than cutting open a random bystander as a field demonstration, heh. Thanks for offering.

I'll ask about the supplies.

PW, could I request 2 emergency kits as mission equipment, as well as 2 cans of medifoam? Anything not used shall be returned to the armory at mission end, and I'll try to see that nobody tries to smuggle out anything from them.

Also, Illgeo replaces lw. I assume he also still gets that Mk.III?

lw has confirmed through pm that he isn't joining M17. Illgeo, you're up. M17 people, get ready. Buy what you need, ask whatever info seems relevant, and get ready to rumble soon.

PW, sending pm with roster.

I'll do my best. (Considering the last time I said that to you, I hope getting shot is much rarer on the ship. ...Lerman Russ is going on one of the current missions, right? :P )

I'm not sure he if is, but he certainly isn't going on mine.

Good luck with it. Oh, and Pancaek is doing something similar for me, so you might want to coordinate with him to prevent doing double work.

((Is this purely IC, for-behind-the-scenes-NPCs stuff, or do you want me to write up walls of text for future newbies? Or both? RPing a VR Hasala drill sergeant in a VR training course would be entertaining, at least. :P

Oh, and do you want me to return the chem-thrower now, before the briefings end, or before the missions leave? Or after? And is it the one you have listed on the Players' Market, because if so, I'd like to buy it.))

((It's a behind-the-scenes-NPC thing, training guerrillas on UWM worlds. Ask pw how eactly he wants you to go about it. But if you want to try your hand at writing an IC new recruit guide/training course, by all means feel free. Lords knows our lemmings can use all the help they can get  :P

Just give it back before Miya leaves on mission. The one on the player market is the one that was in the care package. Tokens from selling this go to newbie fund.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25901 on: September 22, 2014, 02:46:23 pm »

Just a quick check, wizards and unicorns aren't offensive in that planet, right? Or should I repaint Gilgamesh?

EDIT: And is there any sort of battlesuit etiquette? I mean, should I stay out of the battlesuit and only get in it if there is need for combat? Should I never address anyone while in a battlesuit? Can I show it and its weapons off as something powerful to impress them or would that be scary?

Also, could I use the Electrified Surface Defence system to stun?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:20:05 am by Parisbre56 »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #25902 on: September 22, 2014, 03:12:16 pm »

MISSION 18!!!
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25903 on: September 22, 2014, 03:38:38 pm »

Yeah, that's about what I wanted. I assume this will cost token, or is it more a trade in? Because if it's a trade in, go become a robotic ninja cheetah/gecko hybrid.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25904 on: September 22, 2014, 03:41:48 pm »

Purchase DEATHCUBE for 2 tokens. Also return (not sell) shotgun/helmet/artifact boxes etc. to armory master.

Thank you for use of the equipment. It was very useful!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:44:42 pm by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 1725 1726 [1727] 1728 1729 ... 2101