_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1723 1724 [1725] 1726 1727 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923822 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25860 on: September 21, 2014, 01:45:05 pm »

((Since I haven't been replied to, I'll assume I'm not on this round of missions.))

Kai goes into the mess and eats whatever it is that the dispenser dispenses, probably not a good idea, but he does it anyway.

(The list is here. Assuming your character's name is Kai, it's not on the page in volunteered or accepted. Did you volunteer for the missions? Just wondering because the name is not on the page at all.)
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25861 on: September 21, 2014, 01:50:08 pm »

(Just posting to confirm that I could probably keep a posting consistency of at least 1 post a day)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #25862 on: September 21, 2014, 02:03:34 pm »

(The list is here. Assuming your character's name is Kai, it's not on the page in volunteered or accepted. Did you volunteer for the missions? Just wondering because the name is not on the page at all.)

((Yeah, PW posted right after I volunteered, so he may have missed it. Oh well, Kai's life expectancy has gone up slightly...))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25863 on: September 21, 2014, 02:04:35 pm »

((Since I haven't been replied to, I'll assume I'm not on this round of missions.))

Kai goes into the mess and eats whatever it is that the dispenser dispenses, probably not a good idea, but he does it anyway.

(( Let's see... there's the post. He volunteered for 'understaffed missions' on Thursday. Which I guess would be either all of them, none of them, or mission 18. He's also a fresh player, so he can definitely get fast tracked for mission 18 if nothing else becomes available. I'll shove him on the list. You can choose to go or stay as you will, Dutrius. PW has said he's just going to take everyone who wants to come on 18, though I would remind people that the more go, the more deadly he'll probably make it :P ))

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #25864 on: September 21, 2014, 02:10:48 pm »

(( Let's see... there's the post. He volunteered for 'understaffed missions' on Thursday. Which I guess would be either all of them, none of them, or mission 18. He's also a fresh player, so he can definitely get fast tracked for mission 18 if nothing else becomes available. I'll shove him on the list. You can choose to go or stay as you will, Dutrius. PW has said he's just going to take everyone who wants to come on 18, though I would remind people that the more go, the more deadly he'll probably make it :P ))

((Hey, I'll go if no one says otherwise. Deadly is synonymous with FUN, after all.))
Sig text

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #25865 on: September 21, 2014, 02:12:57 pm »

Losing is fun!
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #25866 on: September 21, 2014, 02:17:50 pm »

Sig text

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #25867 on: September 21, 2014, 03:33:59 pm »

"Okay then do you have any remote controlled turrets? and what about armour that you have?"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25868 on: September 21, 2014, 04:23:58 pm »

((Radio: Lars will volunteer for the Raduga then, since he has the strength to use it unsuited (and is in a MkIII besides.) ))

((One laser of questionable existence to the flying cleric!))

PW, confirm?

(Fight NAV for crystal arm)

(I will be able to post for the mission. Is that confirmation or do I need to head somewhere in game as well?)

Wander around looking for his mission group.

Do the above after running to the Armory and buying a spare battery for the laser rifle.

((Nope, good enough!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:29:05 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25869 on: September 21, 2014, 04:53:15 pm »

Well Doc, a kinetic amp can only modify what happens when I punch. I'm thinkin', since you're the one to go to for fleshy upgrades, if there's anything you can do for me to help me last in real combat. Y'see, Faith sorta busted me the fuck up, and I'd like for that to not happen as often as I think it might, me being a fisty type that runs into fights all fisty-cuffsy.

See if there's anything I can do to hit better or take hits from bullets and lasers better, while maintaining my fleshy composure.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #25870 on: September 21, 2014, 05:16:02 pm »

((@RC A-ahem.))
Unfortunate thing is that there has not been field testing of it yet, I am afraid. Apart from sending the notification of this discovery to Simus and you, General, not so long ago, I have not yet had a chance to test it on real battlefield. As far as laboratory testing is concerned, however, I am adamantly certain of both its effectiveness and novelty.
((That sums it up, mostly. Unfortunately, no actual field testing, but plenty of lab testing during that year on Hephaestus, apparently. Well, that and Piecewise's word on its behalf.))
After a small pause, Maurice added:
Even then, if you still feel like being very cautious, it could be presented not as a tried and accepted piece of medi-tech, but more as a proof-of-concept or a prototype, indicating a promising research venue. Proof of our own bio-tech research going on - apart from revealing anything related to the Doctor's projects.

Piecewise, can we do preparation stuff already? Because some people are, yet others are still keeping from overwhelming you.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25871 on: September 21, 2014, 06:59:52 pm »

At PW's suggestion, we at team Wiki are now introducing the Player Market!

Feel free to add anything you like to it. Items for sale, jobs you'd like done, whatever. If you think of extra columns you need, go ahead and add them.

Currently it's just my items up there, which is a MK III available for rent for 4 tokens, and a rocketbike also for rent for 4 tokens (because odds are it's just going to explode on you).

I'll crosspost this to OOC, since that's where people who just skim the IC threads will see it.
Cool, thanks Kri.

((1. Hmm, damnit. Thought so. 2. On the back burner then. 3. Heh. 4. Back burner for now. 5. Back burner till I have enough tokens then.))

Thaddeus turns to Milno before heading off: "Hey Boss? I'll be back in a bit. Got some stuff I want to take care of."

Alrighty then, go to Nyars for a medium blue square with a horizontal line (-5 tokens). Open up and inspect whats in the box.
blue square eh?

You get what looks like a chrome plated spider the size of a basketball. It is obviously mechanical and comes with a little remote control wrist band thing. It appears to be some sort of medical droid.

I was looking for something with a ton of mobility enhancers, like the grip pads Pryo's first character had, some form of the Arbiter mobility wires, things like that.

((Ah. I figured since it was modifying the body, it was the Doctors domain.))
Something ultra mobile eh? Like a cheetah crossed with a gecko on a trampoline? We can do that. It's not gonna be very durable, but you could be bouncing off the walls and ceiling and running around like a ninja.

"Damn, almost forgot

Say, Hasala, if you aren't going on a mission anyways, would you mind if I gave you a small task? If you think you'll be too busy for it though, it can wait."

Sure. What do you want me to do?

"Well, one of the things that I think might help this rebellion is if we create online training videos and VR courses for training insurgents. I already asked someone on Hep to take care of the propaganda videos. If you accept, then I would ask of you to create some other vids for m, namely, those pertaining tactics. Mostly guerrilla stuff, of course, but other more general things might be good as well. How to stage an ambush, how to breach a room, how to do an ordered retreat, military and battlefield concepts like covering fire or co-ordinated fire and movement.

Do you think you could work this out? If yes, you can work on this at your own pace while we are away on mission. I'd like it though if you refrain from posting anything on the net until I have had a chance to review it. Not because I doubt your abilities, but out of principle really.

So, you up for this?"

Then, after opening another private line:

"Private Pancaek, report to the hangar please."

Get surgery to get my regular face back. Is paying three tokens to ensure it gets done normally (as in, no surprises, just my human face) enough?

Ask Steve about their culture. Apart from the water thing, anything else that stands out? Would, say, creating water from dirt as a show of force be taken positively or negatively? What kinds of things do they respect? What do they loathe? What about their symbols and imagery?

((Well, given his note to me, he probably means the three SS Testament prototypes.

Otherwise, the three prototype choices are the SS 'Testament', the 'Spektr' VLW, and the 'Raduga' VHL. I'm sure I've spammed the features of the latter two enough for everybody to know what they are, and the Testament is Saint's much-smaller-caliber, much-faster-firing version of the PSL.))

((Sean, I'll be throwing you a bone here and allow people to pick one of your things for loan despite saying no earlier, mostly to ensure someone will be able to try them. But please, match this concession by making sure your thing is fully completed asap.))

Thank you, General. You will not be disappointed.
In fact, I would already have an idea on how to further our agenda on this cause. As far as display of power and allied research potential are concerned, could we somehow bring into play the fleshknitter substance I notified you about earlier? I am positive that it should be innovative and possibly even unrivalled in its specific field of use. Or, we could possibly give them a few cans as a gift to smooth the negotiations.

"Hmm. How well has that thing been field tested? Can you forward me some videos ((aka links to posts where it was used)) perhaps? No offense, but I'm not feeling like using untested tech in any way during negotiations as delicate as these."

We'll put your normal face back so people stop making fun of you (the cartwheel jokes never stopped). 3 tokens is fine.
They're advanced enough to know about manipulators and amps and such; creating water from dirt would be theatrically neat but it wouldn't overly impress them. They won't bow down to you as a god or anything, Senor Cortez.

They, at least the ones you'll be talking to, respect knowledge. Wayfarers believe that the glory of god is made evident not only in scripture but in the details of the natural world, and this as evolved, over time, into a great desire to see things which are unique, and to discover things unseen by other men. If you can show them natural phenomena they've never seen or heard of before, they'll be very impressed. If you can combine that with showing why you would be a good partner, even better. But be very careful about how you phrase it; wayfarers are much like native americans in a way: they believe that these unique things are god-sent in a way, and that they should be treated with respect. It's like the Native american view on hunting and killing animals. Its ok to do, but you must not abuse it; show respect for what you have been given and the benefits it gives you.

They won't demand that you believe in their god or follow their religious tenets, but the faith is so bound up in their society that those feelings are common even among the non-religious; so you would risk offending them regardless. Symbols and imagery are going to vary from planet to planet depending on their personal history. In this case, what we know of as big no no's is
1.Nodding while someone else is speaking. Seen as insincere
2.Looking directly into the eyes of one above your station. In the case of the king's staff, look at their chin or their nose, but not their eyes. Don't even look at the king's face.
3. They have a method of greeting similar to a handshake, but it is slightly different. The host will extend their hand, palm up. Extend your own hand, palm down, fingers extended. They will move their hand under yours and curl their fingers up and inward, pulling your fingers so that your hands end interwoven. This is a hospitality gesture; it signifies their acceptance of you into their home and their care. Don't fight back, and let them lead all the motions. Otherwise it will make it awkward because you will be seen as overly aggressive and intrusive.
4.They tend to limit their use of personal names. The head of the household will use their own, as will the head of a group of guests, but the rest will address themselves and others by their rank or their occupation, or by the phrase "Son of" and then either their homeland or their father's name. Women do not follow this last custom; they use either their first names, or refer to themselves as "This one". Though it should be noted that using their first names has a different connotation, generally that it is more personal or intimate.
5.Offering water is a sign of trust, but shouldn't be done too quickly or it will be seen as dishonest. Use it to seal a deal, or similar. If offered water, drink it immediately.

Obtain shiny robot arm in tasteful pastel hues.
Buy a Rocket Rifle for 6 tokens.
Buy a Cutting Laser for 6 of my tokens plus the 2 borrowed ones
Sign on for mission 18.

"It's monster hunting season."
Cutting laser bought.
arm gotten
mission attendance ok'd.

Second one...are you looking for something that does all the work for you or just a +1?
Definitely not interested in a wireless Icepick. I don't have all that AUX for nothing!

I'm just interested in a datapad with programs that will allow me to do wireless and wired sniffing and hacking, not just provide me a bonus or circumvent a roll.
Though I would be interested in the price of a +1 bonus :P

Gonna have to be more specific about that first one. What isn't in the posts that you want to know?
There was a post from quite while ago that I wanted more details on, let me dig it up. Though I had an idea with cam eyes that is escaping me right now XD

I'll hide them in a spoiler since they were kind of long.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was interested in the precise effect (bonus, dynamic bonus, pure stats, automated success for some rolls, whatever) and the price.
More specifically interested in how the Stat ones work, and the particulars of the Med and Aux augs, if you want it narrowed further.

Chat about stuff to buy!
Try and remember what I wanted to do with a cameye...

Well thats basically want you're asking for would be. Aux checks would let you do all that other stuff already.

As per gene stuff....eh lets save time. Anything I'd tell you I'd just be making up on the spot. What do you want from a gene therapy since it's gonna be custom if it isn't on the list.

Alright. What would the cost of the medical aug be, and what would the bonus be? I can think of a pile of them, not sure which you find most appropriate for the downside or price.
In order of preference: +1 dyn bonus, medical decomp (not sure what level), +1 bonus

And I think I remembered what I wanted to do with a cameye. You mentioned that Cam eye's can be disguised, what are the limits on disguising them? And what downside would you put on only replacing one eye, if any?

Oh, and on the subject of decomps, you mentioned way back when you introduced them that the best decomps drained mental stamina when triggered. Do they still do that? Or has no one actually triggered a decomp enough to notice?

More attempting to pin down gear
You worry about what you want, I'll worry about pricing and downsides.

Dynamic bonuses are going to be very pricey. Dynamic bonuses are insanely useful, after all.
Decomp...you mean an organic one as opposed to a mechanical one?
+1 bonus would be relatively cheap, 6 or so tokens, and probably result in making you somewhat more squishy and prone to being shaken up and stunned more easily.

They can be made to look human. The downside would be you'd have no depth perception in either eye. They don't work in concert very well so attempting to use the cam eye and normal one at the same time would be possible but it could really disorient you.

They do, but it's not a lot. You won't really notice unless you just fucking spam the failures.

See if I can go loot that guy's crystal arm before the mission starts. Never know when you might need a disembodied crystal arm.
Those crystals explode, remember?

(I will be able to post for the mission. Is that confirmation or do I need to head somewhere in game as well?)

Do the above after running to the Armory and buying a spare battery for the laser rifle.
Battery bought.
As per your mission group:
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Current_Mission_Information
Here is list.

Could I control the mechanical break in the arm both via Gilgamesh's computer and a physical switch inside the cockpit that supersedes the computer? I mean, allow the computer to control the break only when the physical switch is in the Computer Controlled position,  with the physical switch having the following options: On, Off, Computer Controlled.
Sure.

You can go on 18, if you want.

((Radio: Lars will volunteer for the Raduga then, since he has the strength to use it unsuited (and is in a MkIII besides.) ))

((One laser of questionable existence to the flying cleric!))

PW, confirm?

((Nope, good enough!

Yeah, sure. Transfer junk to your heart's content.

Well Doc, a kinetic amp can only modify what happens when I punch. I'm thinkin', since you're the one to go to for fleshy upgrades, if there's anything you can do for me to help me last in real combat. Y'see, Faith sorta busted me the fuck up, and I'd like for that to not happen as often as I think it might, me being a fisty type that runs into fights all fisty-cuffsy.

See if there's anything I can do to hit better or take hits from bullets and lasers better, while maintaining my fleshy composure.
Hmm. Do you care bout continuing to remain human? Or is just "Fleshy" all that matters? Because humans don't take bullets well.
((@RC A-ahem.))
Unfortunate thing is that there has not been field testing of it yet, I am afraid. Apart from sending the notification of this discovery to Simus and you, General, not so long ago, I have not yet had a chance to test it on real battlefield. As far as laboratory testing is concerned, however, I am adamantly certain of both its effectiveness and novelty.
((That sums it up, mostly. Unfortunately, no actual field testing, but plenty of lab testing during that year on Hephaestus, apparently. Well, that and Piecewise's word on its behalf.))
After a small pause, Maurice added:
Even then, if you still feel like being very cautious, it could be presented not as a tried and accepted piece of medi-tech, but more as a proof-of-concept or a prototype, indicating a promising research venue. Proof of our own bio-tech research going on - apart from revealing anything related to the Doctor's projects.

Piecewise, can we do preparation stuff already? Because some people are, yet others are still keeping from overwhelming you.

I suppose, seems we're basically ready.

OK, THIS IS THE CURRENT MISSION 18 LIST
    Virrsai Dawa Maal Leeyes *
    Gorat "Chin" Ivanos *
    Dubley Steptimus *
    Han Thren *
    Morul Migrurkeshin *
    Sambo Jin *
    Feyri Nirel *
IF YOU WANT TO JOIN, POST NOW IN A BIG FUCKING POST THAT SAYS YOU WANT TO JOIN MISSION 18.

LETS GET A TON OF PEOPLE AND RATCHET UP THE DIFFICULTY TO THE POINT THAT NO ONE SURVIVES!

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25872 on: September 21, 2014, 07:08:17 pm »

I still not sure if I'll go to 17th mission.  If I won't then I'll go to 18th.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25873 on: September 21, 2014, 07:10:20 pm »

Why would anyone make an arm out of explosive crystals?
Anyway, free explosives yay! Loot the arm. Be careful with it. Wrap it in cloth and put it in a box.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25874 on: September 21, 2014, 07:36:07 pm »

"Well, Milno, sir, I'm not sure what to do, since my heist ideas seem to all be from 90's action flicks, and I'm guessing my version of "Subtle" isn't your version. So I'll just say I've put my ideas out there, and if you choose one of them, cool, if not, that's cool as well. Regardless, I'll follow any orders you give me to complete the mission successfully."

Michael wanders over to the AM. "Would a Civic Defender's Longcoat get through airport security, and if I don't actually get shot wearing it how much can I get for turning it in for a refund?"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 1723 1724 [1725] 1726 1727 ... 2101