_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1711 1712 [1713] 1714 1715 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928037 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25680 on: September 17, 2014, 01:37:48 pm »

"Hm. Generator pack is still needed, maybe."

Take damaged capacitors, and connect them just about properly with the gauss generators and the laser rifle. Intuitively evaluate what's probably going to happen with the damaged capacitors after having another huff of the blue smoke of wisdom.

Try to fix it if there's a chance this defect could harm the rifle's user or other unintended targets, or simply render the thing inoperable.

If that doesn't work, just attach the generators to the backpack's capacitor.

((Oh, so you wouldn't process these actions anyway. I thought that only applied to the people who weren't going on the next mission.

Nevertheless, PW can I ask for a resolution of this? It may turn out to be important.))

Mission 18
>This one is a bit of a lark. I've got an agent in with one of the lesser kings of the planet, down in the planet's only real desert. He'd been out of contact for years; I'd assumed he'd just gone native, but recently he contacted his handler and requested a team as soon as possible. Details are scarce, but apparently a meteor came down nearby in the desert and he fears something he calls, and this translates poorly from the original language, the "Eater of cold", has returned, or that something else like it has come.

From what I can tell, based on his message and what his handler can tell me, he's talking about a myth from that culture's past; some sort of spirit that inhabits humans and destroys civilizations by withering their crops and their people. Normally I'd discount this as the superstitious interpretation of drought, but the man wasn't, at least in the past, prone to believing in such things; so there may be something to this.

I want a team, relatively small, to go down and investigate. Do what they ask of you, but keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. If some part of this is true, then we may be able to make use of it. The ability to wither the crops and populace of cities would be quiet useful to us, after all.

If you want to go on this mission, talk to me, I'll be overseeing it.

Questions?

The Chief is apathetic, but this mission had the most obvious unpleasantness in it. It made sense to try and go for it.

"I want to find the Eater of Cold. Am I allowed to join?"

Volunteer for Mission 18, because Mission 18 sounds awesome.
I don't know whose going on the mission yet, do I?

Yes you can join.

Also, just assume that worked. I could keep fucking with you but in the end it's more important to get things moving.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25681 on: September 17, 2014, 01:38:05 pm »

Sticking with Maurice
((but yes, I'm interested in the next mission, and still have shopping to do.))
third time's the charm:
oh, and Lyra never got the mission end tokens from mission 12. she didn't do a whole lot, but she was active for the ground action and attempted to engage and be helpful throughout. could she get the standard 5 tokens added to her current 3 for a total of 8?
Haven't pressed this since I've been on-ship, but if I'm going to try to join a mission I kinda need a reply, even if it's a 'no'
the tokens here are mission-related

Interested in mission 17

Why take Lyra? She's a walking example of the limits we don't have, and her improved senses of sight, hearing, and smell could all help detect assassins. Also, as being demonstrated on the Sword right now, she can take her weapons into no-weapons areas.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:27:01 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25682 on: September 17, 2014, 01:48:17 pm »

Quote from: To Everyone
Hey guys, I am selling a MK II suit for 4 tokens for any person interested. It's a little better than the MK I, so it can be useful for any newcomer who wants a little bit of security.

Quote from: To Miyamoto
I'm interested in participating in the Diplomacy mission.

Send Message. See the price of a Civic Defender Coat.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:07:31 pm by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25683 on: September 17, 2014, 01:51:50 pm »

Steve? Yeah, th-that mission with biotech and stuff; count me in, да?
Mir volunteers on mission 17.
Also, yeah, tokens and buying anything are kinda mission-related, no? 'Twas something along the lines of Buy the (small box with green hexagon crossed with a diagonal line on it) for 3 tokens. If succesful, open it.
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25684 on: September 17, 2014, 01:56:08 pm »

Can we wait till the teams are CHOSEN before you guys all start posting actions saying they're mission related?

Once the teams are chosen you'll have time to do things, just wait till then please. Otherwise this gets VERY messy with people doing dozens of things while also volunteering and buying things and asking me for tokens and etc. One step at a time.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25685 on: September 17, 2014, 02:00:31 pm »

((I think newbies may (not certainty) want to avoid Mission 17. Pw said combat-types, so aside from the diplomat, we'll probably need a team of heavy-hitters working on it. And it looks like the kind of mission no wacko should join.))

"Steve, what's the world's overall tech level? Should I avoid fully or partially-robot people on my team and whatnot?" Milno chimes in from his seat, stuck back inside of his MkIII suit for reasons.

Ask.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25686 on: September 17, 2014, 02:01:21 pm »

Quote from: From:Ulrich Leland  To:Milno Enedrasi
Hey, I'm told if I want to join a blackops mission I should talk about it to you. So... can I join? I used to be a locksmith so I have experience about opening all kinds of locks.

I'm a bit ashamed to say this, but I also did some very minor thievery, so stealing things isn't exactly new thing for me... perhaps this could be considered as a bonus?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25687 on: September 17, 2014, 02:07:43 pm »

((the kind of mission no wacko should join.))

((Lars likes this one.  What a coincidence!))

Lars turned to Milno and bowed.  "Saint Milno, while I enjoyed my time working with you, I feel that my talents would be better suited to one of the other two missions.  If you have need of me, I can be available, though."

Lars bowed forward.  "Most Holy Steve, would using your Miracles to influence the minds of the Wayfarers be considered too forward and blatant?  I am willing to serve you in any way you so desire."

Bug Steve.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25688 on: September 17, 2014, 02:16:50 pm »

We just dealt with a flame spewing abomination on an ice cap and now there is an 'eater of cold' in a desert? What the hell? Jason thinks to himself.

Volunteer for Missions 17 and 18.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25689 on: September 17, 2014, 02:18:31 pm »

Here's the Volunteer and accepted lists. EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN, THROW YOURSELF ON THIS VOLUNTEER LIST AND REPOST IT ON DOWN.
Volunteers:
Mission 16
AoshimaMichio:Ulrich (first priority)
Mission 17
AoshimaMichio:Ulrich (Third Priority)
Illgeo:Markov (First Priority)
Lenglon
Lw:Mir
Beirus
Mission 18
AoshimaMichio:Ulrich (Second Priority)
Illgeo:Markov (Second Priority)
Beirus
Accepted:
Mission 16

Mission 17

Mission 18
Harry:Chief

((I think newbies may (not certainty) want to avoid Mission 17. Pw said combat-types, so aside from the diplomat, we'll probably need a team of heavy-hitters working on it. And it looks like the kind of mission no wacko should join.))

"Steve, what's the world's overall tech level? Should I avoid fully or partially-robot people on my team and whatnot?" Milno chimes in from his seat, stuck back inside of his MkIII suit for reasons.

Ask.

>Attempt to avoid full robots and synthflesh people. They exist on that world, but they're rarer then around here, certainly, and would be very easy to identify if, say, the police put out an all points bulletin looking for you, for some reason. OR if they do go, make sure to keep them covered during anything illegal. Tech level is fairly high, but high tech things still aren't terribly common amongst the entire populace.

((the kind of mission no wacko should join.))

((Lars likes this one.  What a coincidence!))

Lars turned to Milno and bowed.  "Saint Milno, while I enjoyed my time working with you, I feel that my talents would be better suited to one of the other two missions.  If you have need of me, I can be available, though."

Lars bowed forward.  "Most Holy Steve, would using your Miracles to influence the minds of the Wayfarers be considered too forward and blatant?  I am willing to serve you in any way you so desire."

Bug Steve.

>As long as you don't get caught, you should be fine. And powers like those you're using aren't very common, so small mistakes could probably be written off. But if you make someone's head explode at the dinner table, we're going to have problems.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25690 on: September 17, 2014, 02:24:02 pm »

PW, small question: are there any restrictions to the kind of people we can send (e.g. no battlesuits because in their religion they represent the devil)? Secondly, how many people can this mission have maximally?

((TO VOLUNTEERS FOR M17: if you post why you want to go on this mission and why you would be a good addition, then your chances of getting selected are that much higher. Be sure to post them with your first application, to make it easier on me (so people who already volunteered should edit their previous post).

Damn, I want to go myself, but there's so much tinkering and Hep crap to do. Decisions decisions.))
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:28:39 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #25691 on: September 17, 2014, 02:24:30 pm »

Mission 18
>This one is a bit of a lark. I've got an agent in with one of the lesser kings of the planet, down in the planet's only real desert. He'd been out of contact for years; I'd assumed he'd just gone native, but recently he contacted his handler and requested a team as soon as possible. Details are scarce, but apparently a meteor came down nearby in the desert and he fears something he calls, and this translates poorly from the original language, the "Eater of cold", has returned, or that something else like it has come.

From what I can tell, based on his message and what his handler can tell me, he's talking about a myth from that culture's past; some sort of spirit that inhabits humans and destroys civilizations by withering their crops and their people. Normally I'd discount this as the superstitious interpretation of drought, but the man wasn't, at least in the past, prone to believing in such things; so there may be something to this.

I want a team, relatively small, to go down and investigate. Do what they ask of you, but keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. If some part of this is true, then we may be able to make use of it. The ability to wither the crops and populace of cities would be quiet useful to us, after all.

If you want to go on this mission, talk to me, I'll be overseeing it.

Questions?

"Doesn't THAT sound familiar. I'll go on mission 18."

Volunteer for Mission 18.

Here's the Volunteer and accepted lists. EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN, THROW YOURSELF ON THIS VOLUNTEER LIST AND REPOST IT ON DOWN.
((Volunteers:
Mission 16
Mission 17
Lenglon
Beirus
Mission 18
Knight Otu: Gorat
Beirus
Accepted:
Mission 16

Mission 17

Mission 18
Harry:Chief))

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25692 on: September 17, 2014, 02:29:15 pm »

Volunteering for mission 18.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25693 on: September 17, 2014, 02:31:53 pm »

Lemme just throw my mission priorities on there.

Volunteers:
Mission 16 
Mission 17
Lenglon 
Beirus: Jason (First Priority)
Mission 18
Knight Otu: Gorat
Beirus: Jason (Second Priority)
Accepted:
Mission 16 

Mission 17

Mission 18
Harry:Chief
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25694 on: September 17, 2014, 02:33:12 pm »

((Volunteers:
Mission 16
Mission 17
Lenglon
Beirus
Mission 18