_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1689 1690 [1691] 1692 1693 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934022 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25350 on: August 06, 2014, 12:04:49 pm »

"Well... My plan was to set up the machine to target my legs at first, and I would observe the results of the ball hitting the stasis field. Then I would increase the velocity if possible. Then target my torso, increase velocity. Definitely not targeting my head, of course. At that point I figured I would have enough data to at least extrapolate for actual guns. I suppose, if there's no catastrophe before that point, you could throw a ball with gunshot speed." Gorat raises his hand to the button, takes a few breaths, and says "Ready as I'll ever be."

Explain. Perhaps start the tests?

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25351 on: August 06, 2014, 04:05:52 pm »

"Hmm. Maybe. What's your name?

"Virrsai Dawa Maal Leeyes. Chief for short. And you are the big armored thing. Have you a short name?"

"Miyamoto De Bergerac. Tell me, what can you do? What unique skills do you posses? And why, exactly, should I let you work for me?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25352 on: August 06, 2014, 04:15:59 pm »

"Miyamoto De Bergerac. Tell me, what can you do? What unique skills do you posses? And why, exactly, should I let you work for me?"

"I can build things, steal things, destroy things, dismantle things, find scrap, bandage wounds, know herbs, fight a bit, some other things. I am versatile. That is the word, I think. Why you should let me work for you I don't know. Maybe because I am lowest bidder? Hard to say. But I do think I asked first today. Does that count for things?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25353 on: August 06, 2014, 04:44:39 pm »

"I can build things, steal things, destroy things, dismantle things, find scrap, bandage wounds, know herbs, fight a bit, some other things. I am versatile. That is the word, I think. Why you should let me work for you I don't know. Maybe because I am lowest bidder? Hard to say. But I do think I asked first today. Does that count for things?"

"Can you do tedious, methodological research and write up the results?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25354 on: August 06, 2014, 04:53:28 pm »

"I have never tried. I am not sure I can write properly in your language."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25355 on: August 06, 2014, 07:42:11 pm »

"I have never tried. I am not sure I can write properly in your language."

"Well, only one way to find out. Here's a list of things you could do to earn some cash.  "
-Adding things to the armory page that are readily available, but not listed in the OP (e.g. grenades of various types). Note that it has to be something actually useful, no silly things, and with their token cost. Add 10 things to complete this task, make sure the info is verifiable (maybe quote the post where you found the info). One token for 10 things.
-Write mission summary and mission synopsis for those missions not covered yet. See mission 1 or 2 to get an idea for length. Missions 1 to 4 are done with. M5 needs synopsis and expanded summary, 6 needs both, 7 needs better summary, 8 needs summary and better synopsis, 9 needs both, 10 needs both, 11 needs both and 12 needs both.
You can earn one token for fixing M5 through M9 or M10 to M12.
-Create a list of all the Nyars artifacts from players that haven't posted in the last 4 months, with forum name and Nyars object description. 1 Token for full list.

That's a total of 4 tokens, waiting to be claimed for no risk! Make sure you say what you'll want to do before starting, so 2 people don't go for the same thing. For the moment, only characters with 0 or 1 mission are applicable (may change in the future depending on popularity of this stuff). More things may be added when I think of them or as they come up.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:50:05 pm by Radio Controlled »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25356 on: August 07, 2014, 01:53:57 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Rec room. Mission 5 replay, near house 3.

Report status of house 3 to team members. Scan house 4 with x-ray. Also scan down the road towards intersection at center of village and compare whatever I see there against other vision modes. Don't wander too far away from team.

((Can I assign different vision modes to different eyes? If yes, then left eye will be in x-ray all the time and right in normal.))

Map

Spoiler: VR Ulrich Leland (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25357 on: August 07, 2014, 03:49:35 am »

((Ooh, I'll take M10-M12 and the armory stuff! Better not take two things at once, after all.))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:35:02 am by Harry Baldman »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25358 on: August 07, 2014, 07:21:45 am »

A mob of at least 15 people spawn in, all of the holding various kinds of melee weapons. You get a sudden flashback to kungfu movies and the mobs of anonymous, weapon wielding thugs that always get beaten to death in those too. You point at one of the advancing horde and his arm jerks back and stabs him in the sternum. It's not very effective though; he drops the knife halfway so it's only a flesh wound. Hmm, need to do more then just move the arm, need to make sure and keep the hand closed tightly as well.

(...Good point.)

Levitate the dropped knife and stab him - again, preferably fatally - with it, then remove it from him and fling it at someone else. If someone gets close, Jim will focus on blocking and countering.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #25359 on: August 07, 2014, 08:21:35 am »

Returning to Han, Daineal asks, "So, what exactly do we do here? Doesn't quite resemble what I expected. Of course, from what little I remember of before, it's not necessarily bad."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:47:17 pm by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25360 on: August 08, 2014, 11:46:47 am »

I meant punch many things. Just haven't remembered name
Try to crush girls throat.
The little girl sidesteps your jerking, uncoordinated advance and punches you in the stomach. She's got a surprisingly good arm on her. Ow.

"Well... My plan was to set up the machine to target my legs at first, and I would observe the results of the ball hitting the stasis field. Then I would increase the velocity if possible. Then target my torso, increase velocity. Definitely not targeting my head, of course. At that point I figured I would have enough data to at least extrapolate for actual guns. I suppose, if there's no catastrophe before that point, you could throw a ball with gunshot speed." Gorat raises his hand to the button, takes a few breaths, and says "Ready as I'll ever be."

Explain. Perhaps start the tests?

The armory master shrugs, get a ball from the bag and throws it at your shins, underhanded. Huh, you were expecting...well you're not sure what you were expecting, but it wasn't that. You press the stasis button. Everything goes black.

A mob of at least 15 people spawn in, all of the holding various kinds of melee weapons. You get a sudden flashback to kungfu movies and the mobs of anonymous, weapon wielding thugs that always get beaten to death in those too. You point at one of the advancing horde and his arm jerks back and stabs him in the sternum. It's not very effective though; he drops the knife halfway so it's only a flesh wound. Hmm, need to do more then just move the arm, need to make sure and keep the hand closed tightly as well.

(...Good point.)

Levitate the dropped knife and stab him - again, preferably fatally - with it, then remove it from him and fling it at someone else. If someone gets close, Jim will focus on blocking and countering.
Found this. Figured it fit jim nicely some times.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8etaj9plngtf9d/1406145611151.gif
You'll have to download the original to see it actually play, because drop box is not inclined to let it do so.

You levitate the knife straight into the guy's face and then fling it sideways, embedding it in another guy's shoulder. At this point, the rest of them are on you, swinging pipes and knives and nail bats at your head.

((Ooh, I'll take M10-M12 and the armory stuff! Better not take two things at once, after all.))
Come again?

Ulrich Leland. Location: Rec room. Mission 5 replay, near house 3.

Report status of house 3 to team members. Scan house 4 with x-ray. Also scan down the road towards intersection at center of village and compare whatever I see there against other vision modes. Don't wander too far away from team.

((Can I assign different vision modes to different eyes? If yes, then left eye will be in x-ray all the time and right in normal.))

Map

House 4 is strangely empty; there are still lights on, but no one is home.

You look down the street and don't see anything unexpected, but these extra vision modes don't have the best effective range.

And yeah, you can switch out eyes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25361 on: August 08, 2014, 11:54:33 am »

Jim will attempt to levitate himself with his manipulation amp by ripping the ground he's standing on out of the earth and flinging it upwards a couple dozen feet, then hold it there if it's possible to hold something still with the manipulation amp.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #25362 on: August 08, 2014, 12:28:55 pm »

Wait a "bit" before releasing the button. Should a ball come straight for me, press the button again.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25363 on: August 09, 2014, 02:06:23 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Rec room. Mission 5 replay, near house 4.

Enter house 4, pick the lock if necessary, and take a look at each room. Do I see anything unusual? If not, then go back outside and scan buildings 1 and 5 with x-ray eye. What is rest of the team doing?

Map

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25364 on: August 10, 2014, 11:30:08 am »

Jim will attempt to levitate himself with his manipulation amp by ripping the ground he's standing on out of the earth and flinging it upwards a couple dozen feet, then hold it there if it's possible to hold something still with the manipulation amp.
You do your whole flying nimbus concrete lump trick, but holding yourself and a few hundred pounds of concrete in mid air is rather tiring, even for you. Your opponents hang around beneath you, waving their weapons up at you and screaming obscenities.

Wait a "bit" before releasing the button. Should a ball come straight for me, press the button again.

You can't press the button. Rather, you just automatically come out of the stasis what feels like a few seconds later for you, but is over an hour for everyone else.

There's a dial on the suit, by the way. It's around the back. You didn't see it because you put the suit on before looking.

Ulrich Leland. Location: Rec room. Mission 5 replay, near house 4.

Enter house 4, pick the lock if necessary, and take a look at each room. Do I see anything unusual? If not, then go back outside and scan buildings 1 and 5 with x-ray eye. What is rest of the team doing?

Map

You enter the building. The door is unlocked. It seems a fairly ordinary home, two stories, with the living space on the bottom floor and what you would assume is the bedrooms on the second. There is food on the kitchen table, half eaten, but cold now. One of the chairs is pulled out, another has been knocked over. You notice there are no knives on the table, despite there being pieces of meat on the plates which were clearly cut. Hmm.

Pages: 1 ... 1689 1690 [1691] 1692 1693 ... 2101