_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1682 1683 [1684] 1685 1686 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928231 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25245 on: July 19, 2014, 01:44:38 am »

Bishop snapped out of the deep sleep he had entered when Miyamoto's voice echoed in his ears.

"Huh? Wha? Oh, right. If you want, I'll give it a shot. About time I got to do something interesting."

Check gear over and count ammo for guns. What have I still got again? How many tokens do I have?

Sorry man, too late. Time frame was reaaally tight. You aren't on the mission.

Can I keep playing with Lyra in poacher, at least for a couple of turns more, pretending this the Poacher thing is happening before the order to go rescue Mission 14 is issued? Since it looks like it's about to end anyway?

@Miyamoto: "Roger that boss." Flint responded as he got out of the VR machine.
"Go in, rescue people, get out, minimise casualties for all parties. Got it." Or, if we're lucky, there won't be any casualties at all.
He approached Gilgamesh, which was sitting in a corner of the Rec Room, patted it near the leg for good luck and crawled inside its cockpit. As the hatch closed and the battlesuit's systems reactivated, exchanging the cold white light of the Rec Room with the dim light of the battlesuit's screens, Flint continued speaking, still trying to wrap his head around the situation.
"Is there any mission footage available? Just to fast forward through it so that we may roughly know what to expect? Anything in particular we have to pay attention to? I mean, there were many capable people in that mission. Did they make some sort of miscalculation? What caused them to fail and how are we going to prevent the same thing happening to us?"
As he spoke, Flint quickly strode towards the hangar, eager to move and do something, anything to keep his mind off the impending danger. Going somewhere extremely dangerous to do something extremely dangerous happened all the time in the HMRC. But going somewhere so dangerous that the original team required rescue, that was a first for him. He had heard talk of something similar happening on another mission, but he had never seen it happen for himself.

When he finally reached the hangar, he gave a small salute to Miyamoto, now seeing him in face-to-face (so to speak), and switched to general mission comms.
@Everyone on rescue party: "What I'm trying to say here boss is, what do we know about what happened and what are we going to do about it, who's our enemy what exactly is our strategy here?"

"I just only now got made aware of our mission, and only had time to quickly skim throught the footage. We can hopefully get more intell from a teammate once we are on the ground, or once we have some time to look through the footage more closely. For now, the plan is simple: get in, and pacify everything shooting each other. Be sure not to let anyone touch you to prevent getting possessed, I'm sending smoke canisters along to block line-of-sight."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25246 on: July 19, 2014, 02:13:12 am »

Wait. Smoke? How are we supposed to fix the problem when we can't see it? And possession? How will we know who's possessed if there's fucking smoke everywhere? Cecil notes, quite loudly.
Goddamnit, why did I get sent here? He notes, much less quieter.

And when you say pacify, how exactly are we planning to do that?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25247 on: July 19, 2014, 07:14:45 am »

Regardless of whatever he was doing before, Jim goes into the VR and sets up a scenario of himself vs. about one hundred normal humans, attacking in waves starting with one opponent and jumping up two or three each wave. Setting is a normal metropolis by today's standards.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25248 on: July 19, 2014, 11:53:54 am »

"Permission to some ammo for my laser and gauss rifle?" Jack asks Miyamoto over radio.

"Since there is no real mission fund this time, and I already need the tokens from the newb fund for something, you'll have to pay for it yourself. Sorry man, tight budgets again."
" Question, can I breathe normally where I'm going?"
"Probably yes, but you should still wear your Mk.I suit."

"I'll meet you in the hangar once I get my ammo then."

Buy two ammo clips/magazines for laser rifle and gauss rifle each then go to hangar and enter designated drop pod.

Bought and ready.

Can I keep playing with Lyra in poacher, at least for a couple of turns more, pretending this the Poacher thing is happening before the order to go rescue Mission 14 is issued? Since it looks like it's about to end anyway?

@Miyamoto: "Roger that boss." Flint responded as he got out of the VR machine.
"Go in, rescue people, get out, minimise casualties for all parties. Got it." Or, if we're lucky, there won't be any casualties at all.
He approached Gilgamesh, which was sitting in a corner of the Rec Room, patted it near the leg for good luck and crawled inside its cockpit. As the hatch closed and the battlesuit's systems reactivated, exchanging the cold white light of the Rec Room with the dim light of the battlesuit's screens, Flint continued speaking, still trying to wrap his head around the situation.
"Is there any mission footage available? Just to fast forward through it so that we may roughly know what to expect? Anything in particular we have to pay attention to? I mean, there were many capable people in that mission. Did they make some sort of miscalculation? What caused them to fail and how are we going to prevent the same thing happening to us?"
As he spoke, Flint quickly strode towards the hangar, eager to move and do something, anything to keep his mind off the impending danger. Going somewhere extremely dangerous to do something extremely dangerous happened all the time in the HMRC. But going somewhere so dangerous that the original team required rescue, that was a first for him. He had heard talk of something similar happening on another mission, but he had never seen it happen for himself.

When he finally reached the hangar, he gave a small salute to Miyamoto, now seeing him in face-to-face (so to speak), and switched to general mission comms.
@Everyone on rescue party: "What I'm trying to say here boss is, what do we know about what happened and what are we going to do about it, who's our enemy what exactly is our strategy here?"
We can save it right where it was and pick it up when you get back. Which hopefully won't be long.

Ah son of a bitch. Damn UWM bullshit. Cecil walks himself to get debriefed.

Cecil present and accounted for. Cecil says as he shuffles to the nearest wall with his razor held loosely in the kinetic amp
Probably a poor idea to balance a razor on a kinetic amp. But you're ready none the less.

"Team fund eh? What a joke, if we are sending in a second team we are way past paying twats."

Save VR progress, boot up tinker and spawn a robobody and synthbody.
Spend 1 or 2 minutes trying to find a way to safely sever the braincase to nervous system connections through use of manipulator or pointy poking stick.

Head to the hangar and get ready to drop, grab a few artifact containers if i pass R&D or the armory.
If Miyamoto is handing out goop take a pair of goop grenades.

Severing brain cases is easy enough; just cut all the stuff attached to them. It's just a matter of not damaging the brain case thats difficult.

You get geared up and ready to go.

Get out of VR.  Get ready for the mission. Send a message to Doc.

Quote from: to Doc
What are those wires that the Arbiter has? How much would it cost for me get the same?

Ready steady.

Metallic micro-tendrils. We would have to remove the kinetic amps in your hands.   

Wake up. Exit stasis pod. Prepare for death adventure. Examine surroundings warily.
The surroundings include:
1. Box of clothing to cover your butt with. The clothing, not the box.
2. A bunch of beds bolted to the wall
3. A bunch of stasis tubes likewise affixed to a strange rotating rack thing on the wall.
4. A hallway leading out into another hallway with some signs pointing in various directions.

Bishop snapped out of the deep sleep he had entered when Miyamoto's voice echoed in his ears.

"Huh? Wha? Oh, right. If you want, I'll give it a shot. About time I got to do something interesting."

Check gear over and count ammo for guns. What have I still got again? How many tokens do I have?
Morning Zako. Been a while. Everything is basically on the wiki now, if you're wondering about your sheet.
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Bishop_Willis

Regardless of whatever he was doing before, Jim goes into the VR and sets up a scenario of himself vs. about one hundred normal humans, attacking in waves starting with one opponent and jumping up two or three each wave. Setting is a normal metropolis by today's standards.
Ooo boy, up to 3 at once? You're really giving them a chance, aren't you? You just wanna punch people through nondescript corporate lobbies and plateglass windows don't ya?

Alright, you vs a single human on the vacant street of a metropolis, dizzyingly tall towers of glass and chrome all around you, bathed in the too harsh light of enormous television screens and neon lights.

Alright everyone, you'll be showing up in the mission 14 thread here at the end of the turn, so head over that way when it's done.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25249 on: July 19, 2014, 11:57:06 am »

Head in a random direction.
"Dammit, what is this place?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25250 on: July 19, 2014, 12:00:00 pm »

"Ooooh, a mission!"
Jonathan goes and gets a token from the fund, then goes to the armory and buys a Microwave Amp. After that, he goes to the pod he needs to go to.
EDIT: Also run to where Cody is just drop my artifact in his hands.
"Hold this for me, alright?"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:38:26 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25251 on: July 19, 2014, 12:06:56 pm »

Ooo boy, up to 3 at once? You're really giving them a chance, aren't you? You just wanna punch people through nondescript corporate lobbies and plateglass windows don't ya?
((I think he means increasing the wave size by two or three every time. So just one first wave, then maybe three, then six, then nine, then eleven, etc.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25252 on: July 19, 2014, 12:13:29 pm »

"Fred. Easy name. I am Dawa. I am confused. Can I follow you and learn?"

Ask if Fred does not mind me following him. If he does not, follow him along on his routine. And if he does, head over to the rec room and investigate the food options. See if cafeteria trays or something like them can be stolen.

Action reposted!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #25253 on: July 19, 2014, 12:22:22 pm »

Re-reposting:

Reposting as ordered:

Assuming that no other weapons are aimed at Gorat, he turns to the target.

"You! You can stop this! Come with me!"

Charge Exo bonus. Try to convince the target to come with me. Hope the target speaks my language.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #25254 on: July 19, 2014, 02:32:13 pm »

Get confused by hallways. Put on clothes, but not before examining feasibility of box-wear.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25255 on: July 20, 2014, 05:08:39 pm »

Pause the workouts, get a snack with the other guys heading to the food machines. Then, stop by the armory.

"So, miss armory master, what should I know about the HMRC? The other inmates haven't been very sociable."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25256 on: July 20, 2014, 09:14:29 pm »

If Lyra wants to continue alone, NPC the Hunter, with the directive to try and capture her alive before resorting to more lethal means.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25257 on: July 21, 2014, 07:18:26 am »

You just wanna punch people through nondescript corporate lobbies and plateglass windows don't ya?

(Yes...)

((I think he means increasing the wave size by two or three every time. So just one first wave, then maybe three, then six, then nine, then eleven, etc.))

(...and yes. :P)

Wait for the guy to throw the first punch, then counter by grabbing his arm with two hands and face-punching with the other two.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25258 on: July 21, 2014, 11:17:07 am »

Head in a random direction.
"Dammit, what is this place?"
I am so tempted to have you just walk into a wall.

But for the sake of not being a dick, lets say you wander your way to the rec room, which is a large room with a cafeteria on one side and a bunch of recreational stuff on the other. VR machines, Tv, sparing area, that sort of thing.

"Ooooh, a mission!"
Jonathan goes and gets a token from the fund, then goes to the armory and buys a Microwave Amp. After that, he goes to the pod he needs to go to.
EDIT: Also run to where Cody is just drop my artifact in his hands.
"Hold this for me, alright?"
SURE. now get the hell out of here, ghost man who is interacting from beyond the space place.

"Fred. Easy name. I am Dawa. I am confused. Can I follow you and learn?"

Ask if Fred does not mind me following him. If he does not, follow him along on his routine. And if he does, head over to the rec room and investigate the food options. See if cafeteria trays or something like them can be stolen.

Action reposted!
I'm not sure what a fred is, and I don't see anyone specifically responding to you so...You go to the rec room and investigate food options. They consist of unspecific catagories with numbers after them. Cool. As per the trays, yeah, looks like you can steal them. No lunch guards hanging around, stopping you.

Re-reposting:

Reposting as ordered:

Assuming that no other weapons are aimed at Gorat, he turns to the target.

"You! You can stop this! Come with me!"

Charge Exo bonus. Try to convince the target to come with me. Hope the target speaks my language.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
You get about halfway through your sentence when the rest of the people in the bar, even a few of the young girls the target is with, produce handguns or machine pistols and point them at you.

At this point you have to say how to react, since they're gonna start shooting right away.

Get confused by hallways. Put on clothes, but not before examining feasibility of box-wear.
You could probabaly wear the box, if you really wanted to. Though it would need some alterations. Not your size, obviously.

You put on the clothing in the box instead and them walk out into the hall and get confused by...the fact that the hall exists?  Hm.

Pause the workouts, get a snack with the other guys heading to the food machines. Then, stop by the armory.

"So, miss armory master, what should I know about the HMRC? The other inmates haven't been very sociable."
"Well, We're ARM now. So thats the biggest thing. We're in an active rebellion against the UWM. Beyond that, just do as you're told and you'll be fine.

You just wanna punch people through nondescript corporate lobbies and plateglass windows don't ya?

(Yes...)

(...and yes. :P)

Wait for the guy to throw the first punch, then counter by grabbing his arm with two hands and face-punching with the other two.
The first guy punches you. You let him hit you, the fist thudding to a stop against your frighteningly dense four pecs. He looks at you in disbelief as you grab his arm with two hands and then punch him in the head with the other two.

Perhaps "Punch" is the wrong word. Perhaps "Punt his severed head 30 feet" is a better description.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25259 on: July 21, 2014, 11:35:26 am »

"Who you? And who is picture man in there?" the Chief asks, drawing closer to the maintenance man.

Question the maintenance man. What does he look like? Anything interesting about him that I can determine.
"My name is Fred. I don't know his name but he lives up there now. Steve told us to leave him be and not try to flush him out with bug bombs so thats exactly what we're doing."

((That's Fred. He's a maintenance guy, I guess?))

Interesting. Steal a few trays, and slather an assortment of desserts on them. Then move over to the barracks and find an empty bunk - place the trays on a bed and then take the mossy rock out of its container and place it on one of the trays.

Then go find Fred again.
Pages: 1 ... 1682 1683 [1684] 1685 1686 ... 2101