_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1681 1682 [1683] 1684 1685 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927868 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25230 on: July 18, 2014, 12:14:56 pm »

See if I can't find a large, hefty metal pipe just laying about.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25231 on: July 18, 2014, 12:35:17 pm »

If you're signing up for Miya's murder team, I suggest getting ready NOW, so that we can drop you tomorrow. So if you're volunteering to go, get geared and ready in case he selects you. Otherwise, repost your action and I'll update the thread tomorrow. Up and at'em soldiers, we've got a gaggle of nanny goats to save.
Pause, Save VR session status, exit VR, and get ready.
oh, and Lyra never got the mission end tokens from mission 12. she didn't do a whole lot, but she was active for the ground action and attempted to engage and be helpful throughout. could she get the standard 5 tokens added to her current 3 for a total of 8?
If I have 8 tokens: purchase a mass-manipulation amp
If I only have 3: no purchases

Um, this action is 100% meta. Could I get an announcement and briefing? I haven't been tracking the mission threads or OOC thread.
I assume Miya will brief his chosen group, if not, I will.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25232 on: July 18, 2014, 01:19:56 pm »

Exit VR and get ready by buying two clips for the laser rifle and gauss rifle each. Get 8 Shotgun shells as well if possible. Then get ready.

Actioned changed below.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 05:39:29 pm by Tavik Toth »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25233 on: July 18, 2014, 04:31:01 pm »

Returning from his vision quest, Miyamoto is made aware that one of the teams on the ground is in trouble. He quickly skims over the video feeds to get an idea of what's happening.

"Hey Miya, you think you could round up a hotdrop squad to save their collective asses and be ready to drop in fifteen minutes? "
"I'll see what I can do."

He opens a link to the general comms in the prisoner section, as well a private link to the people needed in case they're in VR:

"Listen up people, this is Miyamoto speaking. One of the mission teams on the planet right now are big trouble, and it's up to us to go get them out. I want Feyri, Renen, Jack, Auron, Flint, Cecil, Knuser and Jonathan to assemble in the hangar within ten minutes, locked and ready to deploy. I'll give your briefing while you're getting ready.

Basics are this: the team went in to investigate cult activity, found exactly that. Seems the cult has access to space magic and amps and such. One of our own got possessed and shot people with a machinegun from an APC. This alerted local law enforcement, who send a response. Morul I think went down in a basement of sorts and came out possessed, he's now staring down the police forces.
It seems Faith also got possessed by a 'puppeteer' and cleaved off Pan's legs. She seemed restrained, but apparently broke free and is now on the street with Morul.

Your mission right now is the following: deploy, assess situation. Pacify possessed teammates and law enforcement as needed, then get wounded teammates and civilians to safety; we'll see where we go from there. Try to not kill police forces, but do so if needed to defend yourself. Assume some teammates are possessed and dangerous, it should be obvious which ones are, if not take no chances. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! Either let someone with a mass amp handle it, or use pliers or something. Or just leave it. Be sure to acquire gear appropriate for the mission if you can.

Feyri, Jack, Auron and Cecil in drop pod one. Renen, Flint, Kruser and Jonathan in drop pod two. You'll be going in hot, so better say those prayers now.

I will be your mission control this time, I'll keep watch from up here on the Sword. Note that this is already a delicate situation, and as such I will not tolerate disobedience or other kinds of bullshit. No reinforcements are coming, we are the reinforcements. We'll need to be on our best if we wanna pull through this. As such, I'm warning you now: you start doing stupid things or going against orders, I'm telling Steve to shock you unconscious, to prevent more possessions from screwing over our team. Oh, and just for the record: everything recovered will go to team pool to be divided as I see fit at mission end, no ifs or buts. If you can't live with that, no hard feelings, but you're off the team. Enough other troopers to fill your place.

Everybody got that? Good. Suit up and move out!

Steve, I want you to send the following items with these drop pods: several big boxes that can be closed, long pliers and maybe a few cannisters with thick smoke to lay down a screen. And perhaps a few goop throwers or goop grenades to pacify teammates or police, or some other way to do this, though this is optional. There are three tokens in the fund, take from that as needed."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25234 on: July 18, 2014, 05:00:56 pm »

"Permission to some ammo for my laser and gauss rifle?" Jack asks Miyamoto over radio.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25235 on: July 18, 2014, 05:09:32 pm »

" Question, can I breathe normally where I'm going?"
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 05:11:30 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25236 on: July 18, 2014, 05:26:22 pm »

"Permission to some ammo for my laser and gauss rifle?" Jack asks Miyamoto over radio.

"Since there is no real mission fund this time, and I already need the tokens from the newb fund for something, you'll have to pay for it yourself. Sorry man, tight budgets again."
"Probably yes, but you should still wear your Mk.I suit."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25237 on: July 18, 2014, 05:38:43 pm »

"Since there is no real mission fund this time, and I already need the tokens from the newb fund for something, you'll have to pay for it yourself. Sorry man, tight budgets again."
"Probably yes, but you should still wear your Mk.I suit."

"I'll meet you in the hangar once I get my ammo then."

Buy two ammo clips/magazines for laser rifle and gauss rifle each then go to hangar and enter designated drop pod.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25238 on: July 18, 2014, 05:46:58 pm »

Can I keep playing with Lyra in poacher, at least for a couple of turns more, pretending this the Poacher thing is happening before the order to go rescue Mission 14 is issued? Since it looks like it's about to end anyway?

@Miyamoto: "Roger that boss." Flint responded as he got out of the VR machine.
"Go in, rescue people, get out, minimise casualties for all parties. Got it." Or, if we're lucky, there won't be any casualties at all.
He approached Gilgamesh, which was sitting in a corner of the Rec Room, patted it near the leg for good luck and crawled inside its cockpit. As the hatch closed and the battlesuit's systems reactivated, exchanging the cold white light of the Rec Room with the dim light of the battlesuit's screens, Flint continued speaking, still trying to wrap his head around the situation.
"Is there any mission footage available? Just to fast forward through it so that we may roughly know what to expect? Anything in particular we have to pay attention to? I mean, there were many capable people in that mission. Did they make some sort of miscalculation? What caused them to fail and how are we going to prevent the same thing happening to us?"
As he spoke, Flint quickly strode towards the hangar, eager to move and do something, anything to keep his mind off the impending danger. Going somewhere extremely dangerous to do something extremely dangerous happened all the time in the HMRC. But going somewhere so dangerous that the original team required rescue, that was a first for him. He had heard talk of something similar happening on another mission, but he had never seen it happen for himself.

When he finally reached the hangar, he gave a small salute to Miyamoto, now seeing him in face-to-face (so to speak), and switched to general mission comms.
@Everyone on rescue party: "What I'm trying to say here boss is, what do we know about what happened and what are we going to do about it, who's our enemy what exactly is our strategy here?"
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:40:07 pm by Parisbre56 »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25239 on: July 18, 2014, 06:33:34 pm »

Ah son of a bitch. Damn UWM bullshit. Cecil walks himself to get debriefed.

Cecil present and accounted for. Cecil says as he shuffles to the nearest wall with his razor held loosely in the kinetic amp
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:35:49 pm by Pufferfish »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25240 on: July 18, 2014, 08:26:53 pm »

"Team fund eh? What a joke, if we are sending in a second team we are way past paying twats."

Save VR progress, boot up tinker and spawn a robobody and synthbody.
Spend 1 or 2 minutes trying to find a way to safely sever the braincase to nervous system connections through use of manipulator or pointy poking stick.

Head to the hangar and get ready to drop, grab a few artifact containers if i pass R&D or the armory.
If Miyamoto is handing out goop take a pair of goop grenades.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25241 on: July 18, 2014, 08:43:54 pm »

Go to where pod to is with my monorazor and gauss rifle, prepare for deployment
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25242 on: July 18, 2014, 09:49:24 pm »

Get out of VR.  Get ready for the mission. Send a message to Doc.

Quote from: to Doc
What are those wires that the Arbiter has? How much would it cost for me get the same?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #25243 on: July 18, 2014, 10:35:17 pm »

Wake up. Exit stasis pod. Prepare for death adventure. Examine surroundings warily.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25244 on: July 19, 2014, 12:58:49 am »

Bishop snapped out of the deep sleep he had entered when Miyamoto's voice echoed in his ears.

"Huh? Wha? Oh, right. If you want, I'll give it a shot. About time I got to do something interesting."

Check gear over and count ammo for guns. What have I still got again? How many tokens do I have?
Pages: 1 ... 1681 1682 [1683] 1684 1685 ... 2101