_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1672 1673 [1674] 1675 1676 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927131 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25095 on: June 19, 2014, 01:29:26 pm »

Jesus Christ am I starving, Cecil ends up thinking as he stares at the signage that points to the food hall.

Food first, weapons later.

Cecil walks into the food hall and figures out how to eat.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25096 on: June 19, 2014, 03:28:43 pm »

Lyra

Sit, Look around, acclimate myself to the sights, sounds, and smells of this place. then pick a nearby tree and start climbing, try to get a good view from overhead.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25097 on: June 20, 2014, 11:09:48 am »

NPC controls spider tank.
Alright, well you've got at least 3 battle suits and a crowd of sods coming at you now.

((My new sheet's on the wiki already, PW. Also just noticed that I accidentally left the name I originally gave him in his description. Ah well.))
"Looks like whomever works here is on break. Oh well, I suppose I can visit the Gift Shop first."
Go to where Nyars is and buy a Medium Purple Heptagon with a Vertical Line. OPEEEEN AND EXAMINE CONTENTS
Inside the capsule is some sort of...hmm, string of metal beads with wires coming out of them? each bead is about the size of your first thumb knuckle and the string of them is maybe 2 and a half, to three feet long. There's a small red button affixed to the top (Or is it bottom?) bead.

"Good... shit?" the Chief parrots back, looking at the various capsules. There is a feeling of power she has about them, but she is unsure whether that is a good thing - objects tend to come in many shapes and colors, and the markings on the capsules seem to confirm as much. "Is good shit?" she repeats, looking through the capsules. What a degrading way to speak this is.

This talk of tokens is most interesting to her, however - is that what the little objects mysteriously in her possession were? Hm. They seem to have value of some kind, and the basics of trading did specify that one did not say no to a timely deal. And she does have a feeling here. So she looks over the capsules, finally settling on a pick - the pictogram reminds her of the sun on the horizon, in a way.

Purchase Small Golden Circle with Horizontal Line for 3 tokens! Then crack that thing open.
You get a small glass container full of some sort of slowly wiggling reddish moss sorta stuff on top of a rock. Huh.

Guess I will have to look about this later. Well, let's see what I can do in the VR?

Go to the VR, see if the AM courses are still there. Try to see what she teaches.

That would be amp/manipulator stuff, really.

Wow. was the first thing that popped in Flint's mind as he looked upon the alien world. All his time so far had been spent on desert worlds and dark tunnels. This was the first time he experienced a world so green and full of life, even though the experience wasn't really "real". He'd seen them in old vids, sure, but-

Flint was startled by the sound of sniffing.
"Gah!"
He looked down in surprise and saw the... thing... besides him. After waiting for a few seconds to ensure that this was in fact the tracking animal he had requested and not a member of the local wildlife, he relaxed.
"Hey there big... nose... dog.. thing?" Flint asked, speaking slowly and softly, unsure of what to call the thing.
I guess that's what passes for a dog here.
He very slowly extended his hand and put it close to the "Dog" for it to get acquainted with his smell. Flint had never met any real animals on his home-world (beside some pests) but he knew a thing or two about smells and the kinds of animals some of their robots were based on.
"Stay close and try to not get eaten by anything, OK?"

Great. thought Flint as he looked around.
Haven't seen jungle like this, since my movie "Jungle Like This". Which was mostly green screen.
He took a few steps forward and inspected his surroundings.
How am I supposed to find a mutant in this place? Everything looks huge and alien here. Even the dog. Probably full of smells too... Maybe I've got some sort of wanted poster or something with me? I should check.

He turned back to look at the "dog".
"Are you coming little fella? ...big fella? Smell anything good?"
Oh, wait, you're supposed to give short commands to dogs, right? Their AI can't handle complex words if I remember correctly. And this thing is kinda like a dog, only... organic I guess.
Maybe it's one of the locals? Doesn't look like one.

Mustering his most commanding voice, he gave the order: "Dog! Follow!"
With the order given, Flint repositioned his hat and started slowly advancing forward, looking around for sings of his target, while keeping his rifle at the ready, in case any of the locals decided he looked tasty.

Check inventory for anything that could give me a description of my target. Or am I supposed to know how she looks like? Because Lyra hasn't told Flint she'll be playing as herself.

Order "Dog" to follow.
If "Dog" follows me, start advancing, following the path, inspecting my surroundings for signs of danger or signs of my target.
Have rifle at the ready, in case I have to defend myself.
Also be on the lookout for any interesting landmarks, like rivers or lakes.
Be sure to stop if "Dog" barks or does something that could indicate it wants to tell me something.

Spoiler: Flint Westwood (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Dog" (click to show/hide)
You've got some standard paperwork; Orders for capture or destruction of genemod worker. Type is listed as custom with a short list of her traits, and they've even included a scent sample for your snuffer. Not that it's needed, snuffers are trained to track any genemod;something about sniffing out the unique proteins which all genemods have.

You walk forward for a while, Snuffer in passive mode, ponderously waddling beside you in his bulldog gait. You follow the game path, hoping not to run into whatever made these heavy, hooved footprints in the dirt. After 10 minutes of walking you've found nothing of note, not even a landmark amongst the trees.

Lyra

Sit, Look around, acclimate myself to the sights, sounds, and smells of this place. then pick a nearby tree and start climbing, try to get a good view from overhead.
The view from the tree tops is pretty, giving you a good look at a distant mountain range, toward the...you're not sure of the direction; East, if the sun here works the same as Earth's sun, but there's no knowing if that's right...but the boughs are so dense with foliage and broad leaves that all you can see is a ceiling of spreading green.

step inside burly mans swing radius and judo throw him into the floor.
You step inside his swinging range all right. You press your face right up against his so his nose is all mushed up against your faceplate.

"Hello friend. On my planet we don't have your quaint notions of personal space."

You slip your hands into his pockets and wiggle your fingers.

Gorat is unceremoniously ejected from the stasis pod that must have held him. Or maybe he just falls from his bed in the barracks, who knows? Stasis dementia and amp overuse and ghost voices might not be the best things to happen to human brains. Either way, he looks around rather confused. "Ugh... what, where? Wasn't I just on Hephaestus...? No... actually, I went in stasis, I remember that much..." He shakes his head, showers, gathers his belongings (apart from his Mk II) and puts on his clothes. "Well, can't really complain about being in the relative safety of the Sword. Hm, that suit put me in some kind of stasis, didn't it? I wonder if there's some indication of limited usage time?"

Examine the stasis suit. Did something about it change from using it during the battle - especially if anything about the gray, blinking nodes changed.

Also, I'm assuming it's way too late to get tokens for the Defense mission. If not, "accomplishments" were:
*boiled a battlesuit pilot
*remained miraculously unharmed when our bunker exploded around us
*fired a shot from my laser rifle, with questionable success but great accuracy
*got frozen in time due to pushing the button on my stasis suit
*helped with corpse dragging and barricading
*ineffectually fireblasted a drone insertion pod

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Nope, the suit is still the same as you remember it.

Hmm. How much you think thats worth?

Jesus Christ am I starving, Cecil ends up thinking as he stares at the signage that points to the food hall.

Food first, weapons later.

Cecil walks into the food hall and figures out how to eat.
You remember how to eat...but not exactly WHAT to eat. So you spend several minutes chewing on the edge of a table, before moving on to a table leg. After a few minutes and some very sore teeth, you begin to realize you may be making a mistake.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25098 on: June 20, 2014, 11:21:06 am »

"Is indeed good shit," the Chief notes.

Well now! Time for some testing! Find a mildly secluded corner around here and engage in the study of its no doubt considerable power. Put the container down on the ground and lie down nearby.

Firstly, open up the container and take a careful whiff (this meaning waving the air from inside it over to my face and smelling it). Note interesting odors, if any, and what it might smell like.

Secondly, examine it more closely, how it reacts to fresh air, and whether its wiggling reminds me of anything - does it look more like algae, lichen, a fungus, coral, a sponge?

Thirdly, try touching it lightly with the pinky finger of my left hand. Note interesting feelings - make sure my other hand is not on the container as I touch it.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25099 on: June 20, 2014, 11:37:41 am »

Press button.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #25100 on: June 20, 2014, 11:40:12 am »

((Ideally I'd like to shoot for 5, but in comparison to what other put as their accomplishments in this thread and got 5 it's probably 2 or 3?))

"No visible change in the suit. Either there's no visible indicator, or the suit wasn't... drained enough to show it. Not particularly useful data."

Wear the suit. Go to the rec room and see who's there.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25101 on: June 20, 2014, 11:41:57 am »

punch him in the kidney with my fingertips, steal said kidney if at all possible.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25102 on: June 20, 2014, 01:02:18 pm »

Ah, she's using her real body? That's good. It will make it slightly easier for me to spot her, at least.
Wonder why she did that to her body though. Maybe I should ask her when this is over. I guess I always wanted to talk to her, find out more about her. She seems nice and she did hang out with Jim and Feyri, who are also nice. But there really wasn't an opportunity...
Maybe this will be a good opportunity to get to know each other. What better way to get to know someone than some friendly competition?

But to do that, I need to find her first.

Flint sighed. This was getting him nowhere. This place was huge. All the things in it looked the same. He could be searching the entire forest for days and never find her.

I need to think like my pray... Where would she be? What would she need? She probably isn't using this path to move around, that's too large, but she is probably using some kind of path. But then again, with her genemods, she could jump from tree to tree if she wanted to...

I could begin a more destructive approach. Start a fire. Burn the forest down. But I don't want to kill her if I can help it. Or any of the other things in here.
Flint knew this wasn't real, but for immersion's sake, he pretended it was.

She's going to need food... Is the local wildlife edible? Or maybe the plants? Gah, I know nothing about this place!

Maybe water? She's going to need some water. But with the humidity this place has, I'm guessing rainfall is very often around here. She can probably get water by gathering rain in leaves or something. She wouldn't need to go to a lake or river.

Then what's left? Waiting for her to get in trouble with the local wildlife? It's more likely that I'll be the one to get into trouble and alert her to my presence. However, if she is not a native of this place, perhaps she has scared some of the smaller creatures around here?

I could try to imitate her call?

Flint briefly imagined himself meowing and chuckled.
Stop being silly Flint. You know in order to attract cats, you need a bowl of milk and some fish.

Flint turned to look at "Dog" or the Snuffer as his papers said it was called.
"I'm kinda stumped. Your ancestors are supposed to be a mortal enemy of cats or something, right? Got any tips on how to catch 'em?"
Not that he expected the creature to answer him, but talking to someone other than himself helped him think and the jokes helped him relax. Which is not easy when you know a giant horse has recently passed through here and might return soon.

Well, nobody said this would be easy. At least there aren't any giant mosquitoes around.

Continue moving forward as previously (gun at the ready and eyes peeled), but be on the lookout for smaller trails than this one or any markings that could indicate movement of prey. Broken twigs and the like. If I find any smaller trails, follow them instead.

While moving, try to get acquainted with the sounds of this place. After a few minutes of moving, try pausing and listening. Can I hear anything interesting? Maybe there's cries of alarm coming from somewhere or maybe there's a place where the forest sounds quiet, like something has scared the local wildlife away from there? Or maybe the sound of giant hoofed feet walking?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:08:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25103 on: June 20, 2014, 01:46:31 pm »

Okay, the chairs are not, I repeat NOT edible.

Watch someone. See how they acquire food, then follow suit.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #25104 on: June 20, 2014, 02:24:43 pm »

"Odd. I feel like I haven't eaten in months." Gorat goes to the food dispenser and pushes Meat 1 and Side 1, and eats the resulting mess.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25105 on: June 20, 2014, 03:03:59 pm »

Begin roller blading across the ground towards the middle battlesuit and fire under barrel rocket launcher at battlesuit before firing the Coilgun and deploying shoulder blades.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25106 on: June 21, 2014, 02:59:39 am »

Lyra, in the Poacher VR as Prey, opened to other players.

Look at the mountainside to establish landmarks, then, moving from tree to tree, pick a direction and travel. periodically re-check my bearings. what direction it is doesn't really matter so long as I can keep going in a generally straight line.(I want to keep my actions public, but I don't want my exact location known)

Keep my eyes open for food, water, tools, and threats. anything useful that I could collect, kill, or scavenge. I particularly need to find a river or other water source.

I want to try to travel several miles without touching the ground, making myself as difficult to track as is reasonably possible, and then settle in on a stable higher-up tree branch with a decent amount of leaves obscuring me from view from below. I'll then scratch a direction of travel marker into it for me to reorient myself to at night so I can get stellar bearings that match to my daytime landmarks. and nap until nightfall where my cat-advantages can come into play and I'll have more energy.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25107 on: June 23, 2014, 11:00:21 am »

"Is indeed good shit," the Chief notes.

Well now! Time for some testing! Find a mildly secluded corner around here and engage in the study of its no doubt considerable power. Put the container down on the ground and lie down nearby.

Firstly, open up the container and take a careful whiff (this meaning waving the air from inside it over to my face and smelling it). Note interesting odors, if any, and what it might smell like.

Secondly, examine it more closely, how it reacts to fresh air, and whether its wiggling reminds me of anything - does it look more like algae, lichen, a fungus, coral, a sponge?

Thirdly, try touching it lightly with the pinky finger of my left hand. Note interesting feelings - make sure my other hand is not on the container as I touch it.

It smells acrid and minty, but as the smell fills your nose and mouth you get a slight sour taste. Odd. Very strong smell, regardless.

It's sort of similar to a telegraph plant, in that it seems to move in set patterns, rather then displaying any sort of cognizant goal or reaction. It seems to have no real reaction to the light or fresh air. Odd, for a plant.

You touch it. It feels almost velvety.

Press button.
Are you wearing a space suit or just normal ship clothes?

((Ideally I'd like to shoot for 5, but in comparison to what other put as their accomplishments in this thread and got 5 it's probably 2 or 3?))

"No visible change in the suit. Either there's no visible indicator, or the suit wasn't... drained enough to show it. Not particularly useful data."

Wear the suit. Go to the rec room and see who's there.

consider that you got 4
You wear the suit and head to the rec room.
Lyra and flint are in the VR machines, along with a few other people, and someone is attempting to eat one of the cafeteria tables. Huh.

punch him in the kidney with my fingertips, steal said kidney if at all possible.
Well, I think you will find that pockets are located significantly lower then kidneys. However, you are able to squeeze his ass so hard that he drops his weapon and starts starts screaming at a pitch only dogs can hear. You may have torn his ass clean off his skeleton.

Ah, she's using her real body? That's good. It will make it slightly easier for me to spot her, at least.
Wonder why she did that to her body though. Maybe I should ask her when this is over. I guess I always wanted to talk to her, find out more about her. She seems nice and she did hang out with Jim and Feyri, who are also nice. But there really wasn't an opportunity...
Maybe this will be a good opportunity to get to know each other. What better way to get to know someone than some friendly competition?

But to do that, I need to find her first.

Flint sighed. This was getting him nowhere. This place was huge. All the things in it looked the same. He could be searching the entire forest for days and never find her.

I need to think like my pray... Where would she be? What would she need? She probably isn't using this path to move around, that's too large, but she is probably using some kind of path. But then again, with her genemods, she could jump from tree to tree if she wanted to...

I could begin a more destructive approach. Start a fire. Burn the forest down. But I don't want to kill her if I can help it. Or any of the other things in here.
Flint knew this wasn't real, but for immersion's sake, he pretended it was.

She's going to need food... Is the local wildlife edible? Or maybe the plants? Gah, I know nothing about this place!

Maybe water? She's going to need some water. But with the humidity this place has, I'm guessing rainfall is very often around here. She can probably get water by gathering rain in leaves or something. She wouldn't need to go to a lake or river.

Then what's left? Waiting for her to get in trouble with the local wildlife? It's more likely that I'll be the one to get into trouble and alert her to my presence. However, if she is not a native of this place, perhaps she has scared some of the smaller creatures around here?

I could try to imitate her call?

Flint briefly imagined himself meowing and chuckled.
Stop being silly Flint. You know in order to attract cats, you need a bowl of milk and some fish.

Flint turned to look at "Dog" or the Snuffer as his papers said it was called.
"I'm kinda stumped. Your ancestors are supposed to be a mortal enemy of cats or something, right? Got any tips on how to catch 'em?"
Not that he expected the creature to answer him, but talking to someone other than himself helped him think and the jokes helped him relax. Which is not easy when you know a giant horse has recently passed through here and might return soon.

Well, nobody said this would be easy. At least there aren't any giant mosquitoes around.

Continue moving forward as previously (gun at the ready and eyes peeled), but be on the lookout for smaller trails than this one or any markings that could indicate movement of prey. Broken twigs and the like. If I find any smaller trails, follow them instead.

While moving, try to get acquainted with the sounds of this place. After a few minutes of moving, try pausing and listening. Can I hear anything interesting? Maybe there's cries of alarm coming from somewhere or maybe there's a place where the forest sounds quiet, like something has scared the local wildlife away from there? Or maybe the sound of giant hoofed feet walking?

You might want to, you know, actually use the dog? I mean, it's just idle right now, not tracking anything.

Lyra, in the Poacher VR as Prey, opened to other players.

Look at the mountainside to establish landmarks, then, moving from tree to tree, pick a direction and travel. periodically re-check my bearings. what direction it is doesn't really matter so long as I can keep going in a generally straight line.(I want to keep my actions public, but I don't want my exact location known)

Keep my eyes open for food, water, tools, and threats. anything useful that I could collect, kill, or scavenge. I particularly need to find a river or other water source.

I want to try to travel several miles without touching the ground, making myself as difficult to track as is reasonably possible, and then settle in on a stable higher-up tree branch with a decent amount of leaves obscuring me from view from below. I'll then scratch a direction of travel marker into it for me to reorient myself to at night so I can get stellar bearings that match to my daytime landmarks. and nap until nightfall where my cat-advantages can come into play and I'll have more energy.

You bound across the upper boughs of the forest, wandering toward the mountain until you hear the sound of water. You climb down just far enough in the tree to get a look below the canopy and find a river cutting through the forest on a bed of heavily worn and smoothed black rocks. The water is very clear, even as fast and turbulent as it is.

Okay, the chairs are not, I repeat NOT edible.

Watch someone. See how they acquire food, then follow suit.
You follow Gorat's lead, pressing the same buttons on the food dispenser as he does, and getting the same tray of slightly odd colored meat and clearly rehydrated potatoes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25108 on: June 23, 2014, 11:46:33 am »

((Ah. I thought the dog would automatically bark or do something if I was close to a scent trail, since it was trained for this. Didn't realise I had to order it first.))

Use the Dog, Flint. Let go.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25109 on: June 23, 2014, 12:01:36 pm »

Press button.
Are you wearing a space suit or just normal ship clothes?
((I assume The Tourist is wearing normal ship clothes, as he has no reason to put on his novelty gift spacesuit on yet.))
Pages: 1 ... 1672 1673 [1674] 1675 1676 ... 2101