_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1664 1665 [1666] 1667 1668 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930050 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #24975 on: May 22, 2014, 11:55:05 am »

Ask Steve: "I'm assuming people going on this planet will have to refrain from drawing attention to us? Meaning we don't use the words ARM, Steve, Rebellion, HMRC, ETC.? "

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24976 on: May 22, 2014, 12:36:26 pm »

((Dangit, was hoping for Team B. But hey, now I get to deal with alien stuff. This should be interesting. Dibs on any infantry.))

Inquire as to the cost/skill level needed (stat-wise) to wield Renen's sword, and then board Team C's shuttle with all my gear.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24977 on: May 22, 2014, 01:42:48 pm »

"I'll do my best."
Action edited.
"Good man. Stay safe out there."

With that, he sat back down, placing his naginata in front of him, and opening a channel to Faith.

"Hey, I heard you're going on mission B. You ready to get into the thick of it again? It's been a while since we've been able to see your... Handiwork. And it seems you're going to be the most veteran participant, with quite a few new recruits. Looking forward to some babysitting?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24978 on: May 22, 2014, 05:56:29 pm »

Check price on elongated mono-blade, leave the Nyars box with the doctor, then grab all my gear and head over to the shuttle.

I think it was 5.

Quote from: piecewise
Standard clothes should work. What kind of headgear? Otherwise I'll give you a mask that looks like a synthflesh face. Just because.

I don't suppose the AM has something like this? Otherwise, just a standard cap? Also grab a scarf to wrap around my neck and mouth.  What are the standard clothes like again? Grab free riot gear and get into Team B shuttle
If you want to look silly, I'm not gonna stop ya. Standard clothing is the gray t-shirt and pants from the box.  Scarfing it up too.
-snip-
"Very good. Well, I'll be honest: I called you because I'm always looking for people who might serve as good commanders, and you just might have what it takes. So I make you an offer: I will follow your progress, maybe try to give some advice or guidance when it's needed. Be warned though, I can be a tough person to please. You made a good point on those sods though.

So, what do you say? You willing to give it a shot? I won't think any less of you if hou say no, or if tou need time to consider."

"Alright. I'll give it a shot, and I'll try not to disappoint you."

Put my tokens, that anklet, and my laser rifle in my locker. Receive Miyamoto's namite thrower. Get in the shuttle.
Also grab the MkI if the SWAT gear doesn't include a uniform/body armor, for some reason.

Here's hoping I remember what the Anklet does by the time you get back!

Unfortunate that I have to adopt humanoid form to fit in this thing. Useless for anything I can imagine.

Assume humanoid form, go get some paste to top off biomass reserves, get in the Mk 1, and get in the shuttle.
Oh, and bring the katana with me, never know when I might want to stab someone.

Hmmm could have sworn you were cut by Miya...ah well, if you were then we'll just assume this post didn't happen.

"Hey, Steve, think you could lend us some empty artifact containers? And could you perhaps keep an eye on the building, or at least the police radio? If we do wind up attracting the local law enforcement, it'd be nice to have a bit more warning than someone yelling "FREEZE SCUMBAG!"

Ask about borrowing some empty artifact containers, and for Steve to keep an ear out for any police activity concerning the cult, then head to the shuttle and prepare to drop. Oh, and go buy a Civic defender Longcoat too.

>Will do. There should be some containers with the van you'll get.

Long coat gotten.

(( anything?  :D ))

Alright, here's what I plan to bring. Let me know if you need me to carry anything else, Milno.

Give the AM a list of things to put in my briefcase.

List of things to put in a briefcase, in order of priority
(pending Milno's approval)
(mostly because I am a little fuzzy on the size of some things XD)

• Advanced Kit (Emergency Kit if Advanced Kit is too large. About half the briefcase worth in medical and mechanical repair tools if the Emergency Kit is too large)
  • Monoatomic Razor
  • A few drones (at least 2) from the Drone Platform. If they can be slaved to a datapad, use a datapad instead of their normal controller
  • A datapad (which I assume I can carry in civie clothes and still be inconspicuous? Connected to the drones and the thermal cams)
  • A few of the mini thermal cams
  • Cutting Torch
  • A compact charger for the drones and cameras

( Just tell me when things stop fitting in the briefcase, PW )
Kri:
Emergency Kit
Mono razor
Datapad
Mini cams
Torch

rest is too big or too odd shaped to fit. or wasn't needed, in the case of the charger.

Jobasio's shoulders slumped miserably as his worst fears were confirmed.
There was no pizza. He'd wasted all that time, hoping for pizza, and now there was none. With a heavy sigh, he wipes a smear of stasis fluid from his face and trudges out of the room, with barely the energy to put one foot in front of the other.

>Ensure I'm wearing clothing, then go get Whig and cry on her shoulder. Or whatever the nearest gauss rifle equivalent is.
Then go to the AM and ask for, I dunno, a bag of chips (crisps) or something.

>After (hopefully) acquiring some snackstuffs, go to Team C's shuttle.
Achievement unlocked: Chips gotten.

"Steve, do we know anything about this cult? Are they likely to be armed, receptive, aware of our presence, anything in particular except 'some guys in a building we want to know stuff about?' Do you recommend going in guns blazing or trying something a bit more subtle first?

Also, I doubt it'll matter for this mission, but I sort of forgot to get paid for the defense. My accomplishments included helping to wipe out the southern forces with some unusually nice manipulator usage, accidentally ruining an ally's attempts to salvage a battlesuit by killing the pilot, hauling corpses, and failing to inconvenience medical or technical personnel in the slightest with my own squishy, shrapnel-laden flesh."

Grab my kinetic amp and microwave manip, get to the shuttle.

> I don't know anything about them other then that the police reports claim them to be "Fanatical and paranoid".

And remind me about that payment when you get back. I'll add it to this mission's pay

"Aw yeah. I love the toy category."

Take a gander at the images on the sides of the cube - are they just colors, and if so, what kind?

How much does the cube resemble a proper Rubik's cube? Is it 3x3x3 or somehow different?

Can I begin solving it like a regular Rubik's cube, with all the twisting and shit?

How large is it exactly? Give me a comparison to a body part at least.

Intelligently judge its abnormality. Anything obvious? If thoughts of holy inquisition or intense derp become oddly insistent, take a minute to calm down and not do anything.

When all that's done, well, to the Mission C shuttle with me!

Unfortunate that I have to adopt humanoid form to fit in this thing. Useless for anything I can imagine.

"I can't believe you didn't go on the other mission, Bud! You could have pretended to be their god!"
They're just colors. Glowing ones, actually.

9 glowing, different colored square "Tiles" on each side, which light up and make little chiming noises when you touch them.

It seems to twist and move, but not quite right The little tiles sort of just slide on to other sides at randomly. As in, you can turn one of the sides, but only about half the colors actually move.

About 6 inches to a side.

Seems more of a knicknack then an alien death penis, in the standard ARM scale  of artifact danger.

Grab my SWAT gear, Monoatomic sword, Brass Knuckles, Cutlass, Microwave Field Manipulator, and if possible, my combi-weapon and Mk1 Suit.

Before I go, ask the AM how much it would cost to get a sword like Renen's (the true mono-blade), then thank her and get in the shuttle.

Done. But the Swat stuff isn't around yet. You'll get it on the planet.
"Well, I would have preferred infiltration, but destruction is fun too!" Vincent dons his MK1, his longcoat, grabs his gun, and heads to APC C

((Do we post char sheets like we do in DMR?))
You don't have to, but you can keep track of your own sheet and post it if you like. It will make sure things never go missing or I don't forget anything.

Riot gear and shotguns. What does he want us to just blast everything in the building? Wasn't the ground floor a restaurant? Didn't like that stuff he was sayin about insanity either…

Yttra wanders around, surreptitiously scoping out the ship in the general pre-mission confusion. She finds the armoury, the list of items available for purchase, and the armoury master.

"Hey. Umm. Do we have tranq pistols? Or something else i can use to disable civilians?"

If i can buy a tranquilizer pistol and darts for 2 tokens, do so. The more darts the better.

Also buy a Civic Defender's Longcoat for 3 tokens. (Because shotguns.)

Get my gear and board the Team B shuttle.
Coat and 6 shot pistol of knocking out +1 added.

Having noticed people walking around in the civic defenders longcoat, Thaddeus asks Steve: "Hey, Big Boss? Got a couple of questions for you. Would it be out of place for some one to be wearing a longcoat on this planet? I've always liked the idea of having one. What's the general clothing style on planet? What's the culture like? Any slang that we should know about that might be different for us? Or any actions/sayings/habits that would obviously mark us out as being from off planet? And what type of weapon is more common on this planet? A laser or gauss? And one last question. I take it we're going in civvie clothes?"

After asking Steve all that, Thaddeus wanders on over to the AM, and says: "Hello ma'am. So, I use amps and I've noticed that when I do a little too much I get a rather awesome headache. You wouldn't have anything that could help me with that would you? Like pills, or a patch, or hell, even cigarettes of some sort I guess. Thank you in advance."

And finally he goes back to Milno: "Bossman, ah, Milno I mean, is there anything you want me to bring? I was thinking about picking up a pack of those stims I saw on the board in the armory, but I can't really think of anything else."

Things for Thaddeus' case:
Defenders longcoat (if possible)
Appropriate firearm - laser or gauss. Laser is preferred because he already has one
A pack of battle stims: 1 STR, 1 DEX, 2 CHA, 1 INT, 1 WILL
2 small bricks of namite + detonators
2 small bricks on C4(or equivalent) + detonators
4 cameye goggles for long range spying
Anything else Milno thinks he should have

After all is asked and acquired, off to the shuttle for mission A

((Edit: Thought of more stuff))

Thad
Laser handgun
Battle stims: 1 str, 1 dex, 2 cha, 1 int, 1 will
2 small bricks of namite and detonators
2 " " c4.
1 pair of cam eye goggles.

>A civic defender coat would get some attention pretty fast, yeah.

>Clothing is fairly similar. More layers. More colorful. Etc.

>As per slang and such, here's the reality of the situation: I can't teach you everything you'd need to know. If you can, what you need to do is avoid interaction unless absolutely necessary. And if you are forced to interact, just do it calmly. We don't have a month for you to learn the slang, mannerisms and intricacies of their culture so you'll just have to either pick it up along the way or keep your mouth shut.

Civ clothes, yes. And Low level laser or gauss both work. Solid projectiles are probably more common.

"Yeah. The cure for that is not to do it again."

Lars nodded.  "Very well, apostle of Steve.  I will requisition the Organochemistry Overrider Psychokinetic Amplifier.  I'll have to get the decompensator later, since I lack the required tokens of Steve's Favor.  May the light of Steve shine ever on you."

When meeting back up with the team, Lars greeted the group.  "The only item I request for my case is a powerful sidearm with ammo.  I can carry spare items for anyone else if need be."

He looked up.  "Great Glorious Steve, are there any recommendations that you have for what to bring?  What can we expect to face in opposition?  What about when we are leaving- what kind of resistance can we face, and will we be authorized to escalate violence?"

Buy and install Organochemistry Overrider Psychokinetic Amplifier.

Team A Case request items:

Powerful sidearm
Ammo

Also ask AM below:

"When you affect a target, what kinds of mental manipulation is obvious?  Like checking memories, influencing emotions, and the like?"

>I don't know what they'll have. This could be very simple. He might not have any protection, he might have hired an army of body guards. You'll have to see.

"Failure is whats noticeable. If you don't mess it up, they won't notice. "

Added a gauss pistol and plenty of ammo to your case.

((HOORAY, I MADE TO MISSION C LIKE I WANTED TO))
Magilla celebrates his sucess by throwing a makeshift party at the shuttle. He also presses the button on the cuff. Beforehand, he makes sure he brought his Laser Rifle, Mark 2 and Kinetic Amplifier with him.

NO NO NO.

NO CUFF

NO MESSING AROUND RIGHT BEFORE THE MISSION

GET OFF MY SHIP THEN DO THAT

NO MORE DELAYS

RARRRRRRRRR
And yeah, you could do it, though it would be difficult. Creating distinct, specific mechanical and chemical devices is about the edge of human capacity, so I'd make sure you're good and ready before doing so.

In that case, could I please use my 1 prototype grant for this? I'd give the thrower to the AM so she can do the modifications to it, and modify the 2 namite canister I have now so they fit on the new launcher. Next to that, could I get 1 or 2 canisters of goop mix and a spray bottle of dissolvant?

-snip-
"Very good. Well, I'll be honest: I called you because I'm always looking for people who might serve as good commanders, and you just might have what it takes. So I make you an offer: I will follow your progress, maybe try to give some advice or guidance when it's needed. Be warned though, I can be a tough person to please. You made a good point on those sods though.

So, what do you say? You willing to give it a shot? I won't think any less of you if hou say no, or if tou need time to consider."
"Alright. I'll give it a shot, and I'll try not to disappoint you."

Amp in head, rifle, tokens, and anklet in locker, SWAT gear and body in shuttle!
Also grab the MkI if the SWAT gear doesn't include a uniform/body armor, for some reason.

"Excellent.

Now, there's a good chance you won't be the 'natural leader' for this mission, seeing as how there are people with more veterancy going. That doesn't mean you won't have to do anything though. Keeping your unit coherent, rooting out quarrels between troopers before they have a chance to fester, and coming up with a plan when you hit a dead end, are all things I expect you to do this mission. It won't be easy, but if you ever want your comrades to trust you in leading them, then you will have to go beyond what you think you're capable of.

Next to that, I'm giving you two specific assignments:
-at the end of this mission, you will come to me, and if there's time we will go over it and see what went right, and what could have gone better. And maybe go over that hostage fiasco from the boarding.
-next, you will take this gun. It's a combo namite/sticky goop launcher. You don't have to use it yourself, you can give it to a teammate if you want, but at the end of the mission I want it back, and I want a detailed review of it. Call it a test of your analytical skills, as well as a field test of this thing.

You think you can handle these tasks?"

Give my upgraded thrower to Hasala, as well as the two canisters of namite and all the goop and dissolvant I get from Steve/the AM. If Steve won't fund my project, give him the namite thrower and 2 cannisters anyway.

Oh, and if anyone on either team B or C needs the shard launcher, that person can loan it as well.

Yeah, sure. That works. Team leader can probably get 2 token modifications done with a "please". She's pretty nice, if you're competent, after all.
be saddened by loss of mission status, head to the rec room and check if that alien power sphere whatchamacallit is still there.

Get in th VR machines and boot tinker regardless.

...Remind me what you're talking about?

Renen wakes up and looks around, recalling the last mission.

Shit!

Check self. Ask Steve:

How well did our mission go? Did we succeed? Do I get any tokens?

>Went fine. And I could give ya some. How much ya think ya earned?

Ask Steve: "I'm assuming people going on this planet will have to refrain from drawing attention to us? Meaning we don't use the words ARM, Steve, Rebellion, HMRC, ETC.? "

>Probably best, if you can avoid it.

((Dangit, was hoping for Team B. But hey, now I get to deal with alien stuff. This should be interesting. Dibs on any infantry.))

Inquire as to the cost/skill level needed (stat-wise) to wield Renen's sword, and then board Team C's shuttle with all my gear.
Oh there's no stat limit, but if you don't get a 5 or higher the attack just fails because the blade shatters.

OK, SOON THREADS FOR YOUR RESPECTIVE MISSIONS WILL APPEAR.

HOLD YOUR POSTS TILL THEN

DEEP BREATHS

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24979 on: May 23, 2014, 01:24:51 am »

((I hope it's not a problem the people staying here post actions already? If it is, ignore ignore ignore!

Looking at the ships until they've left the hangar, Miya proceeds to practice his stances with his naginata. While doing this, he asks Steve some questions.

"Say Steve, do you have any news on how the other ARM ships and troops are doing? Any colossal failures we'll have to deal with sometime in the future? And how is the UWM responding? I assume they have at least an idea of what's happening by now.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24980 on: May 23, 2014, 01:35:04 am »

((Thomas is in for mission A.))

After a moment of silent thought, Thomas sent Milno a message.
Quote from: Thomas to Milno
I'll go.

Afterwards, he headed to the armory, hoping to get in there before they had to depart for the mission. He tries to obtain the following, to be returned afterwards. If neccesary, he purchases it with his own tokens:

1 Collapsible carbine, small enough to fit in the briefcase, with a scope attached. If it doesn't exist, drop it.
1 tranq pistol, with 12 rounds
5 explosive charges, large enough to bust down doors, but nothing more
A set of loose fitting clothes appropriate to the planet
A makeup case, with mirror
A few more books

Additionally, he packs these into the suitcase:
Monoatomic Razor
The Tree of Life

Afterwards, he asks the AM to keep his armor, puts on the disguise clothes, and packs everything else, save the books, into the suitcase.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24981 on: May 23, 2014, 01:45:25 am »

((Hold on just gotta use Tinker to build a really awkward tank-thing with electrified armor plates and emergency pressure thrusters real quick.))

With that, he sat back down, placing his naginata in front of him, and opening a channel to Faith.

"Hey, I heard you're going on mission B. You ready to get into the thick of it again? It's been a while since we've been able to see your... Handiwork. And it seems you're going to be the most veteran participant, with quite a few new recruits. Looking forward to some babysitting?"
"Oh, hey Miyamoto. Yeah, closed spaces, unarmored civilians, fresh recruits... alien mind altering... odd combination of what I'm good at and dreading, I'd say."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24982 on: May 23, 2014, 01:53:43 am »

((Hold on just gotta use Tinker to build a really awkward tank-thing with electrified armor plates and emergency pressure thrusters real quick.))

"Oh, hey Miyamoto. Yeah, closed spaces, unarmored civilians, fresh recruits... alien mind altering... odd combination of what I'm good at and dreading, I'd say."

"Eeeh, I'm sure it'll be fine. What the worst that coul...
Ok, nevermind that. I was just wondering if you could do a little something for me. Don't worry, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24983 on: May 23, 2014, 02:45:34 am »

Ok, nevermind that. I was just wondering if you could do a little something for me. Don't worry, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle."

"Uh? Sure, I guess... but I'm not su- is this about doors?" she finished playfully.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24984 on: May 23, 2014, 04:05:54 am »

"Uh? Sure, I guess... but I'm not su- is this about doors?" she finished playfully.

"Pff, don't you sass me there lady." he said with a laugh.
"No, what I'd need you to do is to keep an eye on Hasala. No special treatment or anything, let him fend for himself. Would just like to hear from you after the mission how he meshes with the other team members, and how he handles himself under stress. I'm looking for new recruits to train as good team leaders, and I'm curious whether his stunt with those sods was a fluke, or a sign of actual skill.

So, you feel like playing talent scout for me?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24985 on: May 23, 2014, 04:32:29 am »

"No, what I'd need you to do is to keep an eye on Hasala. No special treatment or anything, let him fend for himself. Would just like to hear from you after the mission how he meshes with the other team members, and how he handles himself under stress. I'm looking for new recruits to train as good team leaders, and I'm curious whether his stunt with those sods was a fluke, or a sign of actual skill.

"Sure. Hope he does well, we could use more... eh... people we don't have to worry about, I guess."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24986 on: May 23, 2014, 04:58:10 am »

"Sure. Hope he does well, we could use more... eh... people we don't have to worry about, I guess."

"Heh, yeah, those seem to be in short supply around here.
Thanks in advance. Seems your shuttle is about to leave though, better get on if you want a window seat.

Good luck."

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24987 on: May 23, 2014, 07:34:37 am »

Have Fun people... and people-variants, Make sure to tag a few enemy bastards for me, wish I was going with you.

Wave to the leaving shuttles, once they're gone salute all officers present and head back to the gym

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24988 on: May 23, 2014, 01:46:04 pm »

Loan APC to Team B then go enter VR. Open tinker.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:55:54 pm by Tavik Toth »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24989 on: May 23, 2014, 01:49:30 pm »

Unload APC back into hangar then go enter VR. Open tinker.
(Don't you want to loan it to either team? They could make good use of it, especially team B. And you'll get to see your APC in action, something you might not get another chance for in a long while.)

Pages: 1 ... 1664 1665 [1666] 1667 1668 ... 2101