_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1659 1660 [1661] 1662 1663 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926907 times)

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #24900 on: May 21, 2014, 07:01:20 pm »

I'd recommend going for the center of mass personally, with failure drill being two to the chest and one to the head, fancy stuff like kneecapping people is liable to get you killed, of course, going into batlle is likely to get you killed so maybe you're feeling really lucky.

Also that failure drill is assuming whaterver you're shooting at has a head... check out the VR sometime, you might fight it...informative.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24901 on: May 21, 2014, 07:05:48 pm »

"Oh yeah? Tell ya what. Ask Steve. He's usually a reliable source of info. Better yet, ask for the footage from those missions. I'm sure he's got those saved somewhere. And buddy, you don't have to tell me how to put someone down. Someone was feeling a little squeamish, asking for tranq guns, and not wanting to kill anyone, so I told 'em to aim low."

The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24902 on: May 21, 2014, 07:10:52 pm »

I'd recommend going for the center of mass personally, with failure drill being two to the chest and one to the head, fancy stuff like kneecapping people is liable to get you killed, of course, going into batlle is likely to get you killed so maybe you're feeling really lucky.

Also that failure drill is assuming whaterver you're shooting at has a head... check out the VR sometime, you might fight it...informative.

"Hey if you guys aren't just 100% *&^%ing with me (which you are), and i see some headless abomination with 8 arms running towards me, i'm gonna shoot it in the *&^%ing torso with the shotgun. But if we bust into this place and there's just a bunch of people in a restaurant sitting down to dinner? I really don't think we should go around kneecapping random people who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24903 on: May 21, 2014, 07:15:15 pm »

"If you feel merciful, aim low. Take out a knee or two. I wouldn't recommend it though, god only knows how long these guys have been in contact with any artifacts. They might not even count as human now."
"Oh come on. We've got a cult that's probably in proximity to an alien artifact, and suddenly they're not human and we shouldn't even try to not kill them?"

Wow, what kind of *&^%ed up $#@! has this guy seen? Well i guess there was that octopus in the briefing room. That wasn't normal at all.

"Oh? Ugh. This is my… i'm hoping i don't have to… i've never shot anyone before." Yttra says, looking down at her own knees and thinking about how much she likes them. You know. Compared to no knees.

"So you must've seen some $#@! huh?"
"That's... an unusual opinion around here, I'm afraid. You're likely to see some things even if you don't end up doing any of them yourself.

Just remember that it is possible to shoot someone because you sort of have to, and not because you've become so jaded that you've turned into a heartless monster."

"*&^% me." Yttra looks at the guy who has gotta be hazing the newbie. He's lyin, right? Yeah. Yeah gotta be. There's no way.

"No way. You're full of it." Yttra grins.
Faith made a sighing sound.

"Sorry, but he's probably telling the truth. We probably won't see anything like that down here, but there are some utterly bizarre and terrifying things out there. Most of the veterans here have seen some pretty unusual action."

"Hey if you guys aren't just 100% *&^%ing with me (which you are), and i see some headless abomination with 8 arms running towards me, i'm gonna shoot it in the *&^%ing torso with the shotgun. But if we bust into this place and there's just a bunch of people in a restaurant sitting down to dinner? I really don't think we should go around kneecapping random people who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time."
"There, see? The newbie doesn't think we should just shoot everything that moves because hey it could be an alien."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24904 on: May 21, 2014, 07:18:19 pm »

New teams

TEAM A:
Milno
Skylar
Lars
Thad
(If he isn't leading, then we'll change that)
Which leaves one spot open.

Team B
B kisame
Hapah
B Denzel (doomblade)
B Hasala (swordsmith)
B Jack (Alarith)
B Faith (IronyOwl)
B yobbo
B Pancaek
B Kyle (kj1225)
smurf
TCM

TEAM C

C Radio
C Dubley (NAV)
C Magilla (darkpaladin)
C Xan (Xantalos)
C Michael (tryrar)
C Stacy (Baldman)
C Parisbre
Yoink
Pariah
Vincent
Beirus
Mesk

THIS IS IT. UNLESS YOU ARE A 0 MISSION NEWBIE WHO GOT MISSED, NO ONE ELSE.

Teams are overburdened as they are.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24905 on: May 21, 2014, 07:21:36 pm »

Having noticed people walking around in the civic defenders longcoat, Thaddeus asks Steve: "Hey, Big Boss? Got a couple of questions for you. Would it be out of place for some one to be wearing a longcoat on this planet? I've always liked the idea of having one. What's the general clothing style on planet? What's the culture like? Any slang that we should know about that might be different for us? Or any actions/sayings/habits that would obviously mark us out as being from off planet? And what type of weapon is more common on this planet? A laser or gauss? And one last question. I take it we're going in civvie clothes?"

After asking Steve all that, Thaddeus wanders on over to the AM, and says: "Hello ma'am. So, I use amps and I've noticed that when I do a little too much I get a rather awesome headache. You wouldn't have anything that could help me with that would you? Like pills, or a patch, or hell, even cigarettes of some sort I guess. Thank you in advance."

And finally he goes back to Milno: "Bossman, ah, Milno I mean, is there anything you want me to bring? I was thinking about picking up a pack of those stims I saw on the board in the armory, but I can't really think of anything else."

Things for Thaddeus' case:
Defenders longcoat (if possible)
Appropriate firearm - laser or gauss. Laser is preferred because he already has one
A pack of battle stims: 1 STR, 1 DEX, 2 CHA, 1 INT, 1 WILL
2 small bricks of namite + detonators
2 small bricks on C4(or equivalent) + detonators
4 cameye goggles for long range spying
Anything else Milno thinks he should have

After all is asked and acquired, off to the shuttle for mission A

((Edit: Thought of more stuff))
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 07:34:01 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24906 on: May 21, 2014, 07:24:54 pm »

"My current mission experiences consist of being crushed by allied shelling, twice, and covering a corpse in explosives to disarm a trap pathway, if you don't count all the fleeing and looting."
"That sounds a hell of a lot more believable than fleshballs, mile-wide worms and memory stealing goggles." Yttra says, still grinning.

"I'm Yttra."

Did either of them say their name? $#@! i forget.

"I'm Lerman. Nice to meet you, and I understand your pain. This place is pretty damn weird sometimes, but the majority of people onboard are good people. Emphasis on majority."

RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24907 on: May 21, 2014, 07:27:30 pm »

"Sorry, but he's probably telling the truth. We probably won't see anything like that down here, but there are some utterly bizarre and terrifying things out there. Most of the veterans here have seen some pretty unusual action."
Yttra hears this from the one person on the ship she currently trusts and her grin vanishes. "Well $#@!."

"I'm Lerman. Nice to meet you, and I understand your pain. This place is pretty damn weird sometimes, but the majority of people onboard are good people. Emphasis on majority."
"Hey. That's good to hear. Thanks."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24908 on: May 21, 2014, 07:30:55 pm »

"Hey. That's good to hear. Thanks."

"So, how'd you get recruited? I apparently went berserk and destroyed a government weapons lab, as well as a few military battalions, before getting dumped here. Don't remember why I went berserk, though, and I'm not sure I want to."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24909 on: May 21, 2014, 07:36:31 pm »

"No, I haven't."

"Then she's dead." Milno says flatly to the sniper in front of him. "Steve said everyone in the ship her team boarded died for good after a shell destroyed it, except for that perverted samurai." He then waits for a moment, letting the information sink in. "And the thing is I need you for a mission right now. Can you go or would you prefer to skip this one out? I can take someone else and that's fine, but if you come you'll have an objective and a target. What do you say?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24910 on: May 21, 2014, 07:43:57 pm »

"So, how'd you get recruited? I apparently went berserk and destroyed a government weapons lab, as well as a few military battalions, before getting dumped here. Don't remember why I went berserk, though, and I'm not sure I want to."
Recruited… what a way to put it. And how'd i… oh &^%$.

Yttra just stands there not saying anything. Actually she doesn't look like she's gonna say anything for a while. Huh.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24911 on: May 21, 2014, 07:49:57 pm »

Lerman releases he's dun goofed.

"Oh-oh shitake, I'm sorry, I made you remember something-I don't know when to stop talking, sorry... sorry. I'll shut up now."

faaaaaark i'm feeling guilty as shit now

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:05:41 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24912 on: May 21, 2014, 07:51:42 pm »

whelp, not on team C anymore so no shuttle for me.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:12:21 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #24913 on: May 21, 2014, 08:13:30 pm »

Kyle suits up and goes to the shuttles.
"Hm... I've heard of these things..."
Kyle says looking at said machine thingys.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:27:01 pm by kj1225 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24914 on: May 21, 2014, 08:33:33 pm »

Lars nodded.  "Very well, apostle of Steve.  I will requisition the Organochemistry Overrider Psychokinetic Amplifier.  I'll have to get the decompensator later, since I lack the required tokens of Steve's Favor.  May the light of Steve shine ever on you."

When meeting back up with the team, Lars greeted the group.  "The only item I request for my case is a powerful sidearm with ammo.  I can carry spare items for anyone else if need be."

He looked up.  "Great Glorious Steve, are there any recommendations that you have for what to bring?  What can we expect to face in opposition?  What about when we are leaving- what kind of resistance can we face, and will we be authorized to escalate violence?"

Buy and install Organochemistry Overrider Psychokinetic Amplifier.

Team A Case request items:

Powerful sidearm
Ammo

Also ask AM below:

"When you affect a target, what kinds of mental manipulation is obvious?  Like checking memories, influencing emotions, and the like?"
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:05:35 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1659 1660 [1661] 1662 1663 ... 2101