_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1646 1647 [1648] 1649 1650 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921601 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #24705 on: May 20, 2014, 08:55:22 pm »

((Just adding to the choir, but good work Sean.))

Present Times

Not having the time to visit the hangar and get his armored suit, Milno is at the briefing room in the usual attire of the HMRC inmate - gray shorts and shirt - whilst trying to squeeze stasis fluid off his hair. After Steve's done with talking about the missions, Milno's approached by several volunteers. "Pancaek, guess you won't join us because we need human-looking people for this one to keep our profile low, though I'm interested in your pills. And yeah, Skylar. Wanted you on the team. Preacher Man (Lars), you're in."

"As for the rest of you volunteering for the first team's mission, skills?"
he asked, addressing Jack Hansan, D'Artagnan and anyone else interested in joining his team.

"Just to be sure, how rare or problematic are synth-flesh and/or the normal robot bodies? Either too advanced for this place?" He asks Steve, just to be on the safe side. Synth-flesh people were terrific shields and fighter as far as roughly human-sized and human-shaped things went.

Ask Steve the question above.

~~Negotiation with Grate~~

Grate - and anyone nearby, for that matter - would see how Milno's body tensed slightly as soon as he touched the eerie, spiderweb-like artifact with his ever-changing, strange alien gauntlet. After some time in the same state, he finally pulled his hand back. Both his hands reached for his honey badger-shaped helmet, unlocking it without hurry before taking it off. Lowering the helmet and wrapping the gauntlet hand around it by his side, Milno then moved the sharpened fingers of his prosthetic hand up to his lip, touching it before taking it up to his eyes. Blood.

"This thing's sentient. It's also very pissed, even more so towards me." He told Grate, keeping his voice down so that only the boy would hear. "Want some info? This thing's a power source, apparently a good one. I snatched it back at Mission One, and it had a tendency to force hallucinations on anyone approaching it, though that could be a field it was projecting or something." Milno seemed a bit tired as he continued. "On top of that, the little bugger doesn't seem very cooperative right now. Not sure if you can get any energy out of it - depends on whether it only hates me with a passion - though you can always try to do it or sell it to me so I can give it a go."

"Even then, I'm not sure I'll be able to get something out of it or it'll be a waste of my time and tokens. What do you say?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24706 on: May 20, 2014, 08:57:58 pm »

"by the way, new bloods. what did youguys do to get thrown in here with the rest of us?"

Well, the last thing I remember before waking up on the ship was Magister Farlane walking in on us and finding me in bed with his incredibly sexy daughter sooooo...
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24707 on: May 20, 2014, 09:00:41 pm »

"by the way, new bloods. what did youguys do to get thrown in here with the rest of us?"

Michael looksa up at this. "I, uh, practiced my demolition skills on a bunch of buildings. 27 to be exact. Most of them...well weren't exactly unoccupied at the time."
(experimenting with font)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:05:34 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #24708 on: May 20, 2014, 09:01:58 pm »

"...I took part in a peaceful protest. Our judicial system was harsh and unforgiving, and the police weren't too gentle, either."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24709 on: May 20, 2014, 09:02:45 pm »

"About that... you guys have handled these alien artifacts before, right? How dangerous are they?"
"oh man, I remember Timmy from my first mission. dude had this weird cube that just evaporated him. And then there was that other guy who kept using these artifacts. Well, some alien magic abomination came andevaporated him too. good times.

Oh, hey, Lars. Would you mind blessing my new body once I get it?"

Faith visibly winced.

"It varies. A lot. What we're dealing with here sounds more like a broken reactor leaking radiation- dangerous, useful in certain ways, and has some noticeable impact, but ultimately just a tube somebody's using wrong. I could be wrong, of course. But a cult and mental illnesses sounds like somebody with no idea what they're doing, not something serious in the hands of somebody dangerous.

And if it's any consolation, you don't even want to know how many alien artifacts I've dealt with. They don't always leave you unscathed, but I am alive, by a certain definition."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #24710 on: May 20, 2014, 09:05:29 pm »

"Well, that doesn't sound too bad. So it's mostly the cult to worry about, here."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24711 on: May 20, 2014, 09:05:37 pm »

((Just adding to the choir, but good work Sean.))

Present Times

Not having the time to visit the hangar and get his armored suit, Milno is at the briefing room in the usual attire of the HMRC inmate - gray shorts and shirt - whilst trying to squeeze stasis fluid off his hair. After Steve's done with talking about the missions, Milno's approached by several volunteers. "Pancaek, guess you won't join us because we need human-looking people for this one to keep our profile low, though I'm interested in your pills. And yeah, Skylar. Wanted you on the team. Preacher Man (Lars), you're in."

"As for the rest of you volunteering for the first team's mission, skills?"
he asked, addressing Jack Hansan, D'Artagnan and anyone else interested in joining his team.

"Just to be sure, how rare or problematic are synth-flesh and/or the normal robot bodies? Either too advanced for this place?" He asks Steve, just to be on the safe side. Synth-flesh people were terrific shields and fighter as far as roughly human-sized and human-shaped things went.

Ask Steve the question above.

~~Negotiation with Grate~~

Grate - and anyone nearby, for that matter - would see how Milno's body tensed slightly as soon as he touched the eerie, spiderweb-like artifact with his ever-changing, strange alien gauntlet. After some time in the same state, he finally pulled his hand back. Both his hands reached for his honey badger-shaped helmet, unlocking it without hurry before taking it off. Lowering the helmet and wrapping the gauntlet hand around it by his side, Milno then moved the sharpened fingers of his prosthetic hand up to his lip, touching it before taking it up to his eyes. Blood.

"This thing's sentient. It's also very pissed, even more so towards me." He told Grate, keeping his voice down so that only the boy would hear. "Want some info? This thing's a power source, apparently a good one. I snatched it back at Mission One, and it had a tendency to force hallucinations on anyone approaching it, though that could be a field it was projecting or something." Milno seemed a bit tired as he continued. "On top of that, the little bugger doesn't seem very cooperative right now. Not sure if you can get any energy out of it - depends on whether it only hates me with a passion - though you can always try to do it or sell it to me so I can give it a go."

"Even then, I'm not sure I'll be able to get something out of it or it'll be a waste of my time and tokens. What do you say?"

"I can shoot, I can drive...sort of, I'm probably one of the few on this mission that's still normal, I have guns that can blend in. I can also sort of convince people." I say.

"About that... you guys have handled these alien artifacts before, right? How dangerous are they?"
"oh man, I remember Timmy from my first mission. dude had this weird cube that just evaporated him. And then there was that other guy who kept using these artifacts. Well, some alien magic abomination came andevaporated him too. good times.

Oh, hey, Lars. Would you mind blessing my new body once I get it?"

"You mean the rock guy that got smashed, quite literally, by Hallelujah Bot after messing with a computer?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #24712 on: May 20, 2014, 09:06:21 pm »

"Do you think that'd be an upgrade to my current weapon?"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24713 on: May 20, 2014, 09:07:37 pm »

"Just so you know, I have that cube, and a suit that lets me visit the dimension Timmy, or what's left of him resides. I've also had my eyes and memories stolen by the goggles I'm wearing. All in all, artifacts are bad 'mkay? Whatever you find in there, don't touch. If you find reality starting to get weird, stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye. Who knows, it might actually help."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24714 on: May 20, 2014, 09:08:36 pm »

"... Is that a yes?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24715 on: May 20, 2014, 09:09:52 pm »

@milno "yeah, I guessed as much, it's cool boss. As for my pills, just state what you want and I'll give you a special

@tavik "Yeah,him! totally forgot his name though. man, shiva-bot was scary as hell"

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24716 on: May 20, 2014, 09:11:49 pm »

You...
What happened to that thing? I wanted to absorb it, but it vanished.

"I don't have the slightest idea what happened to it.  My connection with it was cut as soon as I was removed.  Sorry to disappoint."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24717 on: May 20, 2014, 09:12:21 pm »

"What, the cube? No. You don't want to rely on an artifact for anything except fucking yourself over. Go buy a gauss or laser rifle. Hell, even a knife is a more reliable weapon than an artifact."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24718 on: May 20, 2014, 09:13:18 pm »

"I just realised we could use my APC."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24719 on: May 20, 2014, 09:14:09 pm »

Kyle looks frustrated.
"I'm a doctor dammit. I follow Hippocrates' oath and everything... well, the Hippocrates thing hasn't mattered since my last operation..."
Kyle suddenly looks a bit sad.
Pages: 1 ... 1646 1647 [1648] 1649 1650 ... 2101