_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1641 1642 [1643] 1644 1645 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5920622 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #24630 on: May 20, 2014, 09:58:20 am »

"Thank you."

Look at and comment on the new catgirl and then stasis.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24631 on: May 20, 2014, 11:51:02 am »

Use the mechanist gauntlet to analyze Grate's Alien Power Source since he's right in front of me anyway. Dynamic Will and stuff. Superficial analysis of the Pill Machine too in case we manage to get that in time.

After that, just head to stasis already.

((Any transactions with GWG will be retroactively made due to the fact he spent a lot of time offline/unresponsive.))
Your attempt to analyze the power source goes quite well. You rolled a 6, down to a 5 after the bonus, so you only get a massive headache, nose bleed and distinct impression that the powersource isn't happy with you. And I mean that in the most literal way. The powersource, which you now understand is powered via a confluence of...god, there aren't fucking words for it. Math? Thats not right. You can't really even grasp it; it's too abstract.  The thing is fucking cheating and whats worse is that it is very clearly sentient and very clearly not happy with you. You, in particular.

Do we even need to act if we're going to stasis?  Stasis anyway because Steve said so and bat man hurts.

Brother Lars sings hymns of praise as he preps for stasis, which can be heard until he can talk no more.
It's basically just a way for me to tell everyone to stop fucking around, it's mission time.

Also in universe stuff.

Last action before leaving Hephaestus: gather a load of rocks and dirt and stuff to use as raw material for conversions with the manip.
Then go say goodbye to the people staying behind.

Since you seemed to have missed this, do these please. Then stasis. With the Avatar. How does that work, anyways?

Also:
You won't be able to use them on yourself, at least none of the physical boosting ones. Mental ones, sure, but you can't feed the stims into the avatar.

I don't understand. I bought the will boosting pills from Pancaek. Do those not count as mental boosting ones? Why not? Either way, I confirm the purchase of those 3 pills for 2 tokens.

((PW, did you see what I posted in the OOC thread? It's about the newbie token fund stuff. If not, here it is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Next to that, final token goes the phoenix' character, Angel.

I did that action. It's the second to last post in the last turn.

I didn't see the "Will" part. I just saw pills, so I wasn't sure if you were buying strength ones or something.  I just didn't want you buying things and not being able to use them later. You've got them now.

Magilla heads to the armory and buys a Mark 2 suit with his 5 tokens.

You only have 2 tokens.  At least that I see.
((HEY! You forgto about the damn newbie fund I got 3 tokens from.))
Get mark 2 with the 3 additional tokens I got from the fund, then go to stasis.

I didn't forget about them so much as they were an in character action that was for some reason documented in the OOC thread which I only skim.

Stasis it is :P

(( Question PW, have you done the levelups on Idiots yet, or should we just add them all to the wiki? ))
I'll do it today. I was giving everyone time to post their level ups since I despise doing them and wanted to get them all done at once.

Going to ask muh question before getting stasis'd, because I obviously want that new body before we leave on mission

"Hmm, so, basically..."

Questions: How exactly does the camo work? Does it only work when the body is naked, or does it also work with clothes/armour on?
                    And the only difference with a standard body is no str and end bonus? That is the only downside? Nothing that isn't related to stats?

After asking these and getting wonderful answers: staaaaaaassiiiiiiis
Light manipulating cells in the "skin" of the body.
Naked.
Not really. I mean, if you get injured the camo isn't going to be complete (Hey bob, is that a floating bullet wound wandering around over there?) but otherwise, no.

((Scrub welfare = the 3 newbie support tokens))

Acquire the horizontal line small purple hexagon package in the noob fund, palm it off to the doctor for analysis, then go into stasis!

Did simus put them in the newbie fund? I thought she bought them for herself and hasn't put them anywhere yet.

Also the doc won't do it for you.

If it's safe to be on the surface when the sword leaves, go to some rooftip with good visibility and watch it take off.  Then go and search for VR machines, and open my box.

Also, charge an AUX bonus.

EDIT: Before I do any of that, if Leo is restrained in the command center, go find some duct tape and tape his mouth, eyes, and ears.  Be very liberal with the duct tape.  Very very liberal.  If anyone tries to stop me, point out that if he's mind controlled by a UE he's a major security risk while he has his senses, but don't resist if the person gets violent.

((Will we be getting a Hephaestus thread?))
Wait for Hephaestus based actions, you'll get your own thread and a small tour of facilities before hand.

You apply duct tape so liberal that it votes for ron paul.

"You make some good points. I rather like my head, and the hair on it, but I will consider upgrading. For now though, synth-arms please!"
Buy synth arms, then head to stasis.
The price in the armory is for a single arm. You want to buy two?

Leave the following in the Newbie Fund Q-Space:

• The horizontal line small purple hexagon package (leave a note on it reading: Small unknown insect (alive) - show the Doctor?).
  • Loaner silenced gauss pistol and associated ammunition (return this to the Armoury).
  • X3 Gauss Rifle and the associated 2 full magazines, 10 rounds each (put a note - not compatible with standard gauss magazines).
  • Civilian Police Body Armour.
  • Generator-modded Laser Rifle (taken back from Flint during awkwardhug).
  • The remaining 3 tokens.

And head down into the Command Centre.
Guess smurf is just grabbing stuff from the future. Alright, I hope someone is keeping track of the newbie fund, cause I deleted them from your inventory.

Talk to the Doc about whether or not it would be possible to move my -1 on exotic to medical and what that would cost and what dangers it would entail.

"Hello. I was talking to Steve the other day about AIs and I was thinking about how in my age it's hard for me to learn new things and I had a bit of a... crazy idea. You know how you erase and rewrite the minds of humans for use in AIs, right? I was wondering whether or not it would be possible to erase my knowledge of medicine with knowledge of how to use those weird alien stuff, since it seems inevitable that I'll have to use some in the coming conflict. Plus they seem to be able to help me save the lives of my teammates and the lives of my enemies and... well... that's important to me. It doesn't feel right to me to take another human's life. Do you think you could help me with that?"

Won't level up yet.
"Some rather radical electroshock therapy and brain chemistry reprogramming."
Flint didn't really get what all that meant. He's a doctor, I'm certain he means well.
"Great! And how much would that cost?"
Talk to Doc. Go to stasis if I have to.
"Eh. 5 tokens."

Claim Body Armor and a Gauss Mag, then?

Also Stasis.
Try to combine posts when you can, since you had an earlier post. When people post an action, and then post another action later in the thread, in response to something happening, it can be very annoying because it can force me to go back and change or delete their first post which can completely change other people's posts as well, if they're acting in response to or being effected by that original action.

As such, I tend to be rather harsh when a post forces me to rewrite a chunk of the turn because someone was being reactionary.

You didn't do that  here, but just a heads up for later.

Hasala Nabin

((Hey, piecewise; you missed me again. I think I'll start prefacing all of my posts with my bolded character name, and not just the mission ones.))

Receive tokens and artifact from Newbie Fund. Open my green square.

((All token counts on the wiki have been updated a few days ago, except for the 3 tokens the newbies just received. I'd update that, as well, but my Internet's down.))

Remind Universe that I exist. Do stuff I was trying to do. Claim that generator-modded laser rifle from Simus. Then stasis.
You get what looks to be a silver anklet.

"Is anyone in-charge around here? and where are they?"
ask question find incharge person
We can probably dispense with the in character searching. You've died enough and you're staying on planet, like this turn, so you might as well just act like all this is understood.
((YOU ARE A GOD AND I WORSHIP THEE OH GLORIOUS PIECEWISE))
"Might as well get on with my job"
get off ship ready for simus to yell at me or something
That was a bit more of a response then I expected.

Off the ship we go.

Head to Armory.

I have 10 tokens, Armory Master. If I buy a 10-token decompensator and use it on missions, will I be able to sell it back to you for 10 tokens later?

If I'll be able to sell it back to her for full price, buy a 10-token Exotic decomp and get it installed. If not, don't buy it because cheapskate.

Quote from: Xan->Simus
You remember the clone I bequeathed to you? Keep it secret and keep it safe. The organic amp overload is still on Hephaestus, so you may need it to fight it off.

Send message, then head to stasis. Idly wonder if it'll affect me as a giant octopus.
Yeah, you're cheapskate-ing it up.

Intrigued by it, Vincent decided to put the cloth mask on and head for stasis
You put on the cloth mask. You don't bother to look in a mirror or anything, but hey, at least it doesn't kill you.

"Residual side effects? But I have to tell someone what the seven-horned, seven-eyed sheep told me about Phobetor. I hope it isn't too urgent to wait until I get out of stasis. But just invade, please take this message to Steve." Jason responds to the Doctor before looking around for a writing utensil and something to write with.

Write down a message. "Doctor injected me with something. Saw a seven-eyed, seven-horned sheep. It had a warning. 17.3 degrees, 18th radian. Danger. Cloud-covered planet will be the first contact. Phobetor, the Herald. Was wondering if Phobetor is an actual asteroid, or if I'm just losing my mind. Signed, Jason Caldwell"
Ask the Doctor to deliver the message to Steve, then go get into stasis. Don't want to be the victim of Nyars.

((Yep, Jason sounds crazy.))
Welcome to the long line of prophetic crazy people around here.

Ok, this post is gonna take a bit because I'm gonna do our take off, and give a briefing about the three missions  in one post to save time. So give me a while and try not to post here unless absolutely necessary.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24632 on: May 20, 2014, 12:36:32 pm »

((Kinda necessary, since Simus has the gun I want, and appears hasn't donated it to the newbie fund unless I've misread it. Unless we can count me having bought it??))

Buy grenade launcher+grenades off Simus and haul ass to ship.Regardless of purchase or not, get to pods
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:33:38 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #24633 on: May 20, 2014, 01:24:21 pm »

((Kinda necessary, since Simus has the gun I want, and appears hasn't donated it to the newbie fund unless I've misread it. Unless we can count me having bought it??))

Buy grenade launcher+grenades off Simus and haul ass to ship

((I don't like you assuming you can buy equipment off someone who hasn't put it up for sale (especially with no IC pretext - you never even talked to Simus). I had no intention of either selling or donating the grenade launcher.

Just wait until it's stocked in the armoury, it won't be too long.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24634 on: May 20, 2014, 01:33:14 pm »

((sorry, needed to leg it to the ship. Won't happen again))

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #24635 on: May 20, 2014, 02:43:26 pm »

((Just get rid of the buying part entirely. Not for sale.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24636 on: May 20, 2014, 02:56:00 pm »

"8 tokens for a single arm? That's a rip off. Seeya again when I have 20 tokens."
Get podded.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24637 on: May 20, 2014, 02:58:13 pm »

Don't take simus' too serious. She's always a bit grumpy, but she means well.

The black, sooty sky is finally starting to clear as the Sword prepares to depart; distant fires and wreckage cooling and fading into the dull red of the surface as the sun swings low in the horizon and bleeds deep crimson and purple across the plains. Simus and her new crew watch from the edge of the Aurora as the gravity Automanipulators hum and distort the world around them. The cage flexes and then pulls back, allowing the sword to hover in place for a moment as the fuel hoses and electrical connectors separate. The gravity distortion increases, the hum rising into a thundering horn like sound as the sword slowly lifts into the air. Anton, grins and taps a few buttons on his wristpad. Something squeals in the distance and rockets scream into the air, chasing the Sword up and finally detonating in brilliant bursts of multicolor flame around it.

"I don't believe I authorized any fireworks." Simus says, without looking at Anton.

"Nope."

"You realize this circumvention of my authority won't go unpunished."

"Yep."

There's a long moment of silence as the fireworks continue to burst and the Sword continues to rise, a great black brick in the sky.

"It was nice though."

"Yep."

The Sword's engines kick on and a focused plume of flame a half mile long sears the sky as the ship streaks toward the horizon and the darkness of space beyond.

An undisclosed amount of time later, the stasis pods aboard the Sword open on their own, dumping a motley collection of would be freedom fighters face down on cold metal and snotty stasis goo. Without prompting, they all get up, cough the last bits of fluid from their lungs, if they still have lungs, and head to the briefing room where Steve is waiting. His arm has been replaced sometime since he lost it way back in the Grate Disaster, and he's sitting cross legged on the holo-display, watching them all with keen interest as they enter.

>Good morning everyone. Hope you slept well, if stasis could be called sleep, and are ready for action because we've got plenty. We are currently in Orbit around Kano, the only inhabited planet of the Kano system.

He hops off the holo-display, which immediately begins showing a 3d model of a earth-like planet.

>Nice place. Medium tech levels, colonized post altered wars and fairly young by most standards.  Government is rather, well, not totalitarian but there's a lot of misuse of power, if you catch my drift. It has no real military strength and is basically useless to us in terms of positioning BUT it still has a few things I need to deal with, so here we are. Now then, there are three missions we've got to handle, One for our black ops team, one that is a bit more overt but still requires some degree of restraint, and a third that right up the old alien busting alley. We'll start with the Black ops one.

The screen changes to display a picture of a man. He's dark skinned, quite skinny, and fairly old with short cut graying hair and wide eyes.

>This is Bala Melech, a former historian from Earth prime.  He is currently living in this building.

The screen changes to display a tall, rather skinny 6 floor, red brick building with square windows and a green sign with gold font that reads "GREEN MANSION" above the main entrance.

>The Green Mansion hotel. Concrete information on him is hard to come by, but this is what we know: He has friends in high places and a bank account that never seems to run dry, regardless of how many dirt poor backwaters he disappears to. He's careful to the point of paranoia. And he has, either in his possession, in his head, or both, a great deal of dangerous information.  Your task is to kill him and either secure the data he has or make sure it is destroyed. Either way.

Now, this isn't a seek and destroy mission, this is an assassination. That means no suits, no nukes, no obvious use of tech above the level of the planet. It also means no back up, no rescue and no one to rely on except yourselves. If you get yourself into trouble, it's up to you to get yourself out.

The team going in should be fairly small. 4 or 5 men at most. You'll be dropped in outside of town during the night and from there it will be up to you to scout the location and perform the necessary actions as you see fit. You'll be provided with disguises, money, the correct paperwork and some supplies, but you may need to buy more when you arrive. We don't know anything about Melech's situation, about guards or security measures, so I'd recommend a degree of caution and planning before you go in, guns blazing, and end up with the police on your tail.

Now, in terms of supplies, You'll each have one of these.

He holds up a metal case, about the size of a brief case.

You can take basically anything that will fit into these cases. You can share cases or even choose not to take one, but we need to limit the amount you'll be carrying for security purposes. Each case has a self destruct device on it which is linked to the user's life-signs. They die, case melts. Simple as that. And one of you may want to consider bringing this.

He holds up another case, similar but a bit bulkier.

It's a quantum entanglement communication device. Straight line to me. The only sort of communication you're going to get.

Milno, you're The director of these forces. It's up to you to chose who goes. Once you've got the men chosen, they can talk to the armory master about being given whatever they want to put in their case.  If you or they have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Next, We have our second mission. This one is a bit of an oddity and one I'm not sure will pan out. The information we have is as follows. I've been intercepting rather odd police reports from one of Kano's larger cities; when I cross reference them with other information a rather interesting image comes to light. Namely, I believe that there may be a rather dangerous cult operating here.  It has no name that I am aware of, but appears to be operating out of an old tenement building which has had the first floor converted into a restaurant. Now, normally I wouldn't care about the actions of the mentally disturbed, but the police reports I've been reading make it sound as though there might be something else at work here. There are reports of memory loss, unexplained fires, individuals going missing, electrical discharges, and a distressing rise in mental illness. Any of you who have been around long should recognize these effects and the fact that this reeks of alien artifacts or something similarly odd.

So the idea is pretty simple. I need a good 10 or so of you to check it out. No battle suits or avatars or anything that would really stand out or not fit in the van, I'm afraid. Oh and probably best to try to limit your firepower a bit. You'll be assaulting a residential building. Don't want to just blow the thing up before you can learn anything. Other then that though, no real restrictions. Just be aware that, should you blow up the damn building and get the police called on you, you're gonna have to do a fair deal of running and fighting to get back to a rescue point.  Careful use of force is the order of the day here, people.

And last but not least, our final mission is very simple. Scans of the South ice cap of the planet have revealed something embedded in the ice. Something quite large. And I want to know what it is. So I need 10 more people to go check it out. We'll be dropping  you down with a shuttle, some ice drilling equipment and whatever you've got that you want to bring. I've got no idea what this thing is and know Very little about it, so you're going in blind. Fun, right?

Alright, questions? Talk to milno for Mission A, volunteer for mission B and C with me. Lets get a going.   

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24638 on: May 20, 2014, 03:04:46 pm »

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24639 on: May 20, 2014, 03:05:19 pm »

Volunteer for mission C.

Secondly, do you think Miya could do the modifications to the namite thrower himself (so it can accept foam canisters as well) using his manip? And could he create a cannister or two with the foam chem mix, and a spraycan of dissolvant? If not, can he use his 1 prototype to get the AM to do all of these?

by the way pw, Miya still has 1 token left, but idiots inspace doesn't list it. Could you add it if you get around to it sometime?

(Sean, that is beautiful.))
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:53:16 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24640 on: May 20, 2014, 03:07:33 pm »

Dubley volunteering for mission C. He's good at mining.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24641 on: May 20, 2014, 03:08:55 pm »

Magilla volunteers for mission C, as he is built solely around brute force so he isn't going to be very useful in the other two.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24642 on: May 20, 2014, 03:09:51 pm »

((Aaaaw shit Sean. That made me feel way happier than it has any business being. Excellent work.))

"So, Enedrasi, Sir? Do you think synthflesh people fall out of the requirements of this mission, what with 'no obvious tech above the level of the planet?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24643 on: May 20, 2014, 03:10:22 pm »

I volunteer for the third mission. I'd be useless in stealth - presumably cue someone pointing out he can turn into other humans - and I'm not exactly a limited firepower being.

Volunteer mission C, possibly have someone point out that shapeshifting to other humans would be handy for stealth.

Oh, and go get an MK I from the AM beforehand. Insulation bro
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:25:17 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24644 on: May 20, 2014, 03:12:04 pm »

Jack walks up to Milno.

"I wish to talk to you about joining Mission A. Any requirements?"

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:18:54 am by Tavik Toth »
Pages: 1 ... 1641 1642 [1643] 1644 1645 ... 2101