_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1635 1636 [1637] 1638 1639 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5920778 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #24540 on: May 18, 2014, 01:14:16 pm »

"Hey, no problem. You're welcome." Jim thought about her other question. "How many? ...Damn, I don't even know. Forty or more? There's a lot, anyway. As for how we took over, I'll let Steve explain that one later. This whole rebellion is his idea. Finally, the MK1 is just a basic spacesuit. It'll keep you alive in extreme temperatures and zero-oxygen environments, but for better protection you need tokens, which you earn by going on missions and making a name for yourself; we're keeping that old HMRC standard since we have limited resources and tokens are a way of 'proving' you can handle the better gear."

Once D'usse was properly dressed, Jim led her to the Armory Kiosk. "This is the armory, where you trade your tokens in for things. As you can see there's a list of items and how many tokens it costs for everything." He turned to the Armory Master and raised his upper right hand in greeting. "Hey. We got a new one out of stasis. D'usse, Armory Master; Armory Master, D'usse." He turned back to D'usse. "She's easy going for the most part, as long as you don't annoy her or try to chat her up."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24541 on: May 18, 2014, 01:20:16 pm »

Lars walked over to Grate.  "Young Brother Grate, I am saddened that this is where we part ways.  I will miss getting to see you grow into a man of Steve.  I wish you the best of luck in your work here, building the tools to deliver unto us the implements of righteous fury.  May the light of Steve shine ever on you."
"May your sad devotion to that newfangled Stevian religion not help you die as you try to conjure up stolen data tapes, or gain enough clairvoyance to find the UWM's hidden fortress."
"I'll do my best. You do the same. Don't let what you believe get in the way of acting on what you see. Unless you're hallucinating, I guess..."

Quote from: Grate -> All
Dear everyone,
You're all going to be leaving soon, pretty much. I'm not. If anyone has something they'd like me to try and do, or some way to help me understand or better use the pill machine or golden thingy I got from Nyars, let me know so we can arrange something.
Sincerely,
Grate
((This applies to Milno's tech-gauntlet, obviously, but also to Xan making homunculli for testing, people asking for pills before they leave, or anything else you can think of.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24542 on: May 18, 2014, 01:21:03 pm »

"Hey there," D'usse waves to the Armory Master. "Jim says I get some tokens and a suit? And do you have any bras back there? Anything fitting would be really helpful. Would it too much to ask if you kept some highlights back there as well?"

Put in an order for the Armory.

After processing her order, D'usse turned back to Jim. "If this used to be the HMRC, shouldn't most of you all be dead right now? Back in prison, that's what I heard happened to people who turned up there. How are we taking these guys on, exactly? We must have more than .45s and choppers' if we're doing it. Is there anything that I could help with?"
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:39:16 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #24543 on: May 18, 2014, 01:24:26 pm »

When at the infirmary, he heads over to Flint

"Salutations, old man. Thanks for letting me borrow some moolah."
"No problem. If it wasn't for the kindness of Jim and those tokens he loaned me, I would probably not have Gilgamesh. Or my life. It's always a good idea to show kindness to others. Especially when your life depends upon them." Flint said and handed Pancaek 3 tokens.
Remembering the price of those Earth-3 cigars was 3 tokens, Flint added
"Speaking of which, what are you getting?"
I really need to try one of those cigars one day...
"I'm hoping you're not be spending it on drugs or some other silly thing?"
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:26:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #24544 on: May 18, 2014, 01:26:39 pm »

((I'm still not clear what the people on the planet are gonna be doing while the ship does it's thing. Also, would it be terrible if I just have my character bump into Simus instead of waiting for Steve to tell me where she is?))

((Simus will be in the armoury, you can bump into her there. And those of us staying will be doing hardcore research, development, and manufacturing. And occasionally fighting off something or other, probably.))

Simus goes to Nyars and purchases 3 small packages, all gold heptagons purple hexagons, with one having a vertical line, one having a diagonal line, and one having a horizontal line, and opens all three, examining the contents.

Afterwards, she heads to the armoury.

Hi, Jim. Showing around a freshly-thawed former inmate? I'm sure I'd recognize her if I'd seen her before.

She turns to the armoury master.

Before I take command of Hephaestus and you guys leave, is there anything in particular you think we could use for the armoury, other than simply updated equipment to bring us to some semblance of a modern force?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24545 on: May 18, 2014, 01:28:12 pm »

"He thinks you're a crackhead. Teehee"

"I'm glad you're concerned about me. But, I mean, I don't even have a mouth. Or a bloodstream.

Nah, don't worry. I'm getting a synthflesh body to replace this piece of crap. I mean, don't get me wrong, this body is way better than my original one. But it's performance has been...lacking.

I'm thinking of getting a synthflesh body that's modified for stealth. Or maybe one for speed. What would you pick?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24546 on: May 18, 2014, 01:31:05 pm »

"A lot of us have died at least once since we were brought out of stasis. The beauty of the HMRC is that if there's a brain left, they just put you back together as best as they can and send you right back out." He made a horizontal motion across his waist, then tapped his chest. "My first mission here, I was cut in half here, and took a high powered round here. All that was left that was useful was my brain, so they stuck me in a robot body until I earned enough tokens to upgrade to this body." He looked at the list. "As for weapons, we have... gauss rifles, lasers, amplifiers, manipulators, tesla sabres, monoatomic razors... nukes, although hardly anybody buys those... that sort of thing."

D'usse offered to help him personally, but Jim shook his head. "Thanks for the offer, but I don't really have anything going on. Steve might have some stuff for us to do soon, hard to say. You can join a mission when he gives us one. Until then, there's not much to do. You can talk to the rest of us and some of the crew like AM here, watch TV, spar in the rec room, or use the VR machines."

"Hi, Simus. Yeah. This is D'usse. D'usse, this is Simus. We're leaving her in charge of Hephaestus. Any questions you have about it, I think she can answer."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24547 on: May 18, 2014, 01:36:19 pm »

D'usse whistled, "Sounds like quite the powerhouse. A lot more than I've ever heard of. Thanks for helping me out Jim, it's nice to wake up to someone that doesn't want my ass one way or another."

She turned to the new entry in the room, "Hey sir, er, miss. Jim told me I should talk to you, he told me about this big ole' rebellion thing that's going on now. And whose this Steve guy? Where can I find him, is he your leader?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24548 on: May 18, 2014, 01:37:40 pm »

Wander around until I need to get podded or someone talks to me.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24549 on: May 18, 2014, 01:42:32 pm »

"You're welcome, D'usse. If you need me for anything I'll probably be in the rec room, watching TV. I'll leave you two to talk and figure things out. Simus knows more about weapons than I do, so she could probably help you pick something out better than I could. Later." Jim nodded to Simus as he left, heading back to the rec room where he flopped down on the couch again to see what was on now.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #24550 on: May 18, 2014, 01:44:18 pm »

"I'm glad you're concerned about me. But, I mean, I don't even have a mouth. Or a bloodstream.

Nah, don't worry. I'm getting a synthflesh body to replace this piece of crap. I mean, don't get me wrong, this body is way better than my original one. But it's performance has been...lacking.

I'm thinking of getting a synthflesh body that's modified for stealth. Or maybe one for speed. What would you pick?"

"I dunno, you could always disolve it in your nutrient packs or something. I wouldn't put it beyond some of the people around here.

And a synth body seems nice. For one thing, you get a regular face and voice back. I think that's what I would miss the most. And feeling things, that too.

Anyway, while I would normally not choose a full body prosthesis, if I had to, I would probably go with something that can jump quickly and can cling to walls. In sort, mobility. If something was powerful enough to force me out of Gilgamesh, I'd like to be quick enough to avoid it.

But in your case, I think something modified for stealth might be better. Invisibility. Adaptive camouflage. Shape-shifting. Those are all very useful to someone who doesn't need his physical body to attack. You can attack with your mind and none will be the wiser. And since Milno seems to like having you with him, I'm betting there'll be a lot more covert ops for you in the future."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #24551 on: May 18, 2014, 01:50:04 pm »

Steve is the name of the wetware AI overseeing this whole thing. The closest you'll get to seeing him is a synthflesh avatar he has in the briefing room - he's not actually on this ship.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24552 on: May 18, 2014, 01:54:19 pm »

"An AI is leading this? Do you know what sort he is? Do you think I could help out with anything? Do I get my own room? Sorry for all the questions, I didn't expect all this to be happnin'."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24553 on: May 18, 2014, 01:59:57 pm »

-snip-
"You know, It hadn't crossed my mind that I'd be getting a face back...I'll have to do something about that. I've rather taken a liking to not having a face.

And yeah, that was what I was thinking too. Besides, even if I do take a stealthier one, it will still be synthflesh. So I'll at least be stronger than I am now.

I better go and bug the AM about what my options are. See you around, old man!"

And with that, Pan leaves the infirmary and heads to the AM's kiosk.

"Hello again, shifu. I'd like to get a synthflesh body replacement. But, quite a while ago we talked about the different kinds, and you told me you had two kinds that were best suited for recon and stealth. One that was fast enough not to get hit and the other stealthy enough never to be seen. Could you tell me the details about the stealth one? LIke what exactly can it do? And what about the fast one?"

Sell 3 will pills to Miyamoto, recieve 2 tokens. Borrow 3 tokens from Flint. Ask AM about the specifics of those two synthflesh bodies. Capabilities and stat bonuses and such

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #24554 on: May 18, 2014, 02:18:45 pm »

He's wetware, like I said - one giant brain. Composed of inmates who no longer required theirs, even. As to whether you can be useful, you're awake - you'll be put to use, I'm sure. Ask one of the three generals for more on that - you got greeted by one, Jim, Miyamoto's pretty hard to miss, he's in an Avatar of War, and Milno will be around here somewhere - look for someone in a badger-shaped helmet. As to having your own quarters, I don't think so. We might not technically be prisoners any more, but you're still pretty much going to be staying in this module - you'll probably be sharing the barracks. Though it's not really my concern on the last bit - You might be allowed out into the rest of the ship, for all I know - I'm not going to be on board any more after the ship leaves.
Pages: 1 ... 1635 1636 [1637] 1638 1639 ... 2101