_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1631 1632 [1633] 1634 1635 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921064 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #24480 on: May 17, 2014, 09:15:44 am »

Buy 3 3-token boxes from Nyars. All green and with no lines, but different shapes: triangle, square, and heptagon. Donate these to the newbie fund.

As a newbie, claim the green square!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24481 on: May 17, 2014, 09:24:50 am »

Buy 3 3-token boxes from Nyars. All green and with no lines, but different shapes: triangle, square, and heptagon. Donate these to the newbie fund.
Magilla claims the Heptagon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #24482 on: May 17, 2014, 09:25:26 am »

Steve pipes up among the gaggle of people hawking their junk "I have a unused emergency kit that I'd like to sell.  Only three tokens.  Remember, this has the tools and supplies needed to repair both humans and robots.  It's invaluable for operatives going into hostile environments, and might just save your life, or even your brain!"

"I'll give you two for it and throw in a garden sprayer filled with suspicious hallucinogenic chemicals!"

Saint stares at Stacy for several seconds with a =| emoticon, looks around for other customers for a moment, then sighs.

"Fine.  But only if I can find a buyer for the chemical spray."  With that, Saint takes the spray bottle from Stacy, and turns away with a :D emoticon "Would anyone like a H-CAC spraycan for a single token?  'Harmless Civilian Annulment Chemical'- guaranteed to nonlethally disable civilians who would otherwise impede your mission!  Oftentimes for the ARM, we have to engage in MOUT, where families are at risk.  Sometimes, they get the idea that we're terrorists there to destroy their lives and livlihoods, even if it's just the opposite.  Far too often, our only pacification option is a bullet, but not with this spray!  Save yourself from the horror of having to kill UWM child soldiers, and easily disable enemy VIPs for capture!  And the best part is, the ammo is completely free from the armory!   An amazing deal, for only a single token!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24483 on: May 17, 2014, 09:30:59 am »

"Fine.  But only if I can find a buyer for the chemical spray."  With that, Saint takes the spray bottle from Stacy, and turns away with a :D emoticon "Would anyone like a H-CAC spraycan for a single token?  'Harmless Civilian Annulment Chemical'- guaranteed to nonlethally disable civilians who would otherwise impede your mission!  Oftentimes for the ARM, we have to engage in MOUT, where families are at risk.  Sometimes, they get the idea that we're terrorists there to destroy their lives and livlihoods, even if it's just the opposite.  Far too often, our only pacification option is a bullet, but not with this spray!  Save yourself from the horror of having to kill UWM child soldiers, and easily disable enemy VIPs for capture!  And the best part is, the ammo is completely free from the armory!   An amazing deal, for only a single token!"

"You know something, I take it back. That sprayer sounds way too nice to be sold off!" Stacy says, wheeling the sprayer back to himself. "By the way, if you want anyone to buy your kit, don't sell it at armory prices, buddy! If it's unused, why not just turn it in for full price?"

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24484 on: May 17, 2014, 09:54:47 am »

Vincent nabs the triangle
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #24485 on: May 17, 2014, 11:11:09 am »

Saint stares at Stacy for several seconds before responding, his emoticon glitching into static momentarily.  "Suit yourself.  I didn't expect a vet to fall for that wash, but intelligence doesn't necessarily correlate with success I guess.  And the armory does not work that way."

With that, he turns away and begins hawking his emergency kit again.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24486 on: May 17, 2014, 11:20:53 am »

Saint stares at Stacy for several seconds before responding, his emoticon glitching into static momentarily.  "Suit yourself.  I didn't expect a vet to fall for that wash, but intelligence doesn't necessarily correlate with success I guess.  And the armory does not work that way."

Stacy just keeps on talking to Saint while shuffling in place in a lively fashion.

"Yeah it does. I can remember at least one instance of turning in stuff I didn't use, a custom kinetic hammer, even, and getting full money back, no less. Sandy's an okay gal that way, I find. And you got mulched twice in a row, so you could score extra pity points. Besides, I just remembered I hadn't gotten the chance to test this thing properly. I mean, I've been lugging this thing around for several missions and I've never tested it! Can you believe that? I mean, I did try to spray someone in the face with it, but I only managed to break it instead. Shame, huh?"

"Also, I'm not a vet! I've always liked animals, though. They're cool and whatnot. Do you like animals?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24487 on: May 17, 2014, 11:24:00 am »

"Dude, that guy just insulted Stacy"
"Yeah, and?"
"Man, we like Stacy, remember?"
"We do?"
"Trust me on this"

While the conversation about wether or not they like Stacy continues in his head, Pan has stopped hawking his drugs and his blank faceplate is turned squarely toward Saint.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24488 on: May 17, 2014, 11:45:49 am »

"Ah, of course.  It served me well, General Miyamoto.  I thank you for your assistance.  May the light of Steve shine ever on you."  With that, he returned the shard launcher to Miyamoto.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #24489 on: May 17, 2014, 12:12:01 pm »

Saint continues talking to Stacy, but doesn't turn to face him "Official ruling is that if you carry a piece of equipment into a mission, you cannot return it for full price regardless of it's condition.  Although, I suppose you could have decieved... Sandy."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24490 on: May 17, 2014, 12:17:19 pm »

Saint continues talking to Stacy, but doesn't turn to face him "Official ruling is that if you carry a piece of equipment into a mission, you cannot return it for full price regardless of it's condition.  Although, I suppose you could have decieved... Sandy."

"Thou shalt not try to decieve the godess, lest you invoke her wrath"

He looks away from saint

"Glorious battle drugs! Stimulate you abilities! Only two tokens for three pills of your choice!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24491 on: May 17, 2014, 12:27:25 pm »

((hi, i'm new here, let me know if i'm doing anything wrong))

Character: Yttra Mour, 43/F
Character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Got it. You know whats going on or you need an intro? We've got a new player guide on the wiki, if you wanna give it a read.

"Will the Doktor be leaving any of his equipment or subsidiaries on the planet? One of my projects requires some custom... brainwork, so to speak, and I'm not sure I'm wholly qualified. Synthflesh, likewise.

Also, with all this invading and counter-invading I never got a chance to do it properly, so - I would like to use this opportunity to officially submit the "Gungnir-S" Composite Electrolaser Rifle to our standard Armory listing.
" Anton stands up and, taking it off the shoulder strap, presents the rifle to Simus "I still can't hit the broad side of a barn with it, even if it's named after a spear that never misses - but it's served others well. It's a simple but powerful take on the concept, and I'm sure I'll make some upgraded - and cheaper - variants in the future."

Inquire on availability of custom brains and synthflesh once the Sword leaves. Finally submit the Gungnir to the Armory.
The fleshpits will still be on the planet, so you can definitely do it, you'd just need to play around a bit, maybe build some custom machines. No big deal.

(( I hope I get to finish this vision quest thing before going into stasis. I also hope it doesn't abruptly end next turn because everyone wants to get into stasis.))

"What is the name of this planet? And what is threatening it?" Jason asks the sheep as he takes in the details of the planet and system.

Ask sheep name of planet and threat while looking around for more details on the planet and system in general. How many central suns,  how many planets, how far this planet is from central star.

The world around you shimmers and distorts, as though you were viewing everything through the surface of a pond and someone just dropped a rock into it. You feel suddenly very ill.

"Your body can't handle much more." The sheep says, now nothing more then a severed head hovering near you. "One more thing to see."

The vision jerks wildly through space again before coming to a rest viewing a large asteroid. You can see blinking lights set up around what looks like a hole in the surface; a man made entrance.

"This is the Herald. You shall know it by its name; and its name is Phobetor. It was the beginning."

Your head hurts and your eyes start to bleed.

Bishop holds up his hand.

"I haven't been paid yet."

Where's my payment dude? Also level up details:

+5 to Endurance
+3 to Con

If ya didn't list your achievements ya didn't get paid.

Count any loot I stole from the ship. Cash any small arms in at the armory.

Level Up!
+3 willpower, +2 Dexterity
+2 Handiwork, +1 Auxiliary

You're gonna get like 3 tokens for all of them.

((We only leveled up during Mission 11 (Assault), but not during the defense.))

"I can ask my questions later, they aren't related to this mission." Milno crosses his arms behind his head and considers taking a mission off. The time he spent in Hephaestus preparing for its defense felt far more busy and frantic and the moments of freedom he had in between missions.

Of course, the fact he wasn't healing from being cut in half and could consequently still take part in a mission meant he'd probably try to join the next one anyway... Well, time to try something.

Charge a dynamic bonus to perform before-stasis gauntlet poking.

In case we do get a level up, here is mine: +5 Will, +Hold my skill points for now.

I'm gonna say that there is a limit to the amount of objects or size that you can memorize. Namely, it would be related to your current int score.

((so, what do the planet guys do while the others blast off?))

Hearing the sound of the returning guys, Michael goes off in search of Simus
Well, Simus and her crew are staying on the planet to be our  R&D group. They'll be designing the tech you guys will be using.

Level up things, if I get them: Stats: 1 point into dexterity, 2 points into intelligence, 2 points into willpower.
                                             Skills: 2 points into Axuxillary systems, 1 point into conventional weapons.
Then OPEN THE BOAX AND STARE AT THE WONDERS INSIDE :P

It appears to be a...banana? Hmmm.

So this is the HMRC I think I can have some fun here...
Go to armoury buy Model A exoskeleton and a laser-rifle
Done and done.

Pre first mission stats change! (We can do that right? As long as we haven't gone on our first mission?)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Being absorbed in cheesy Kung-fu movies, Vincent finally realizes he no longer has his instrument on him and decides to ask Steve about how to acquire a new keytar

"Steve? Is it possible to purchase instruments on this ship?"
Changed, but you sure you don't want to take back those things you bought? Not gonna be able to afford a kinetic amp otherwise.

>Check the armory.

Once the... talking... octopus... left, Hasala approached the hawking robot. "I'll take a few of those pills, I guess."
Buy 1 Strength, 1 Endurance, and 1 Dexterity battlestims from Pancaek for 2 tokens.

No mission-related questions. A few RP questions, if we're staying on Hephaestus for a couple of turns after the debrief, and Steve's robobody stays in the briefing room.
Levelup: +1 Strength, +2 End, +2 Will; +1 Intuition, +1 Exotic, +1 Unconventional

I took Leo's stuff back in the Control Center, right?

Newbie Help Fund: Felix's stuff would go into this, if any of it was recovered. He had a Gauss rifle and some special ammo, all of which he looted from dead Sods, as well as one of the flamethrowers from the biohorror mini-mission in his locker. And Morul's rifle, but that isn't resellable. And he probably wants it back.

Leo sold everything he had to buy the biggest bomb he could.

Also, we're leaving Hephaestus real fast here. No time to fuck around on the surface.

I'm not really going to need tokens anymore, not really. However, rather than straight donation, I'm considering... science. Miyamoto, what would you think about getting a few artefacts for the new guys instead? Stuff the might not be outdated by the time I get production ramped up here, and perhaps a bit more information on what to expect from the different labels.
"I think that's a great idea, personally. And to facilitate science, I think it's wise to purchase several with the same color but different shapes, so as to better understand the color's importance and the effect of the shapes."

"Still a better use for my tokens than anything I could think of myself."
Bought.

Hope someone is keeping track of whats in that pile.

Get quotes on resale value of my repaired civilian exosuit and recovered UWM sidearms.

Will level after levelling is confirmed.
Exosuit won't sell for much. Probably better off selling it yourself to some other player. Sidearms are like 3-4 token. They're pretty piddly.

As a newbie, claim the green square!
Claimed.

Magilla claims the Heptagon.
Claimed

Vincent nabs the triangle
Nabbed

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24492 on: May 17, 2014, 12:31:20 pm »

"Nah, unused equipment gets you full price back as well. And official rulings don't exist around here, friend! They're more like suggestions, really, especially now that we're a revolution and such. As long as the kit's not too grubby and Sandy has no reason to dislike you, though I could see how the latter could not be the case, everything should be gravy. Besides, nobody around here is going to buy your emergency kit anyway. Not at 3 tokens. They can get a fresh one from Sandy at that price. So, really, you're basically begging for tokens right now. It's kind of funny, you know?"

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24493 on: May 17, 2014, 01:00:34 pm »

Jack sits listening to everyone for a few moments, then he thinks of something and heads to the armory.  Once there he talks to the Armory Master.
"Hey, seeing as I'm a robot now I don't think pain meds will help me.  Can I sell mine back to you, or should I try to sell it to another person?"
Sell pain killer, and then get to stasis.
Edit: post level up in level up thread.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 09:07:00 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24494 on: May 17, 2014, 01:22:12 pm »

Magilla looks at the banana, then after fighting back the urge to eat it, heads over to Stacy, waving the banana in front of his face.
"Ook ook, dancing robot man see banana, yes?"
Also open up the green heptagon box I got from Anton if I have time for it after my previous actions.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 05:28:13 pm by darkpaladin109 »
Pages: 1 ... 1631 1632 [1633] 1634 1635 ... 2101