_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1627 1628 [1629] 1630 1631 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921230 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #24420 on: May 16, 2014, 03:15:09 pm »

"Paydirt! Massive, throbbing, pulsing paydirt!"

"Right, so, got a High Energy Projector for sale here! It's compact, it's powerful, it has infinite ammo and reasonable recharge times! Barely used, yet proven to work well at short ranges! Only six tokens, a sizable discount from the nine you need to buy one from the armory! Customers given preference if they agree to lend me an extra token on top of that, to be repaid when next paydirt is hit!"

Hawk my extremely affordable High Energy Projector!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24421 on: May 16, 2014, 03:18:35 pm »

Pan, having been put in his new robobody, walks into the briefing room.

"Hey all, what'd I miss? Just as a reminder, I'm selling battlestims at below armory prices. All kinds available, price negotiable!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24422 on: May 16, 2014, 03:22:14 pm »

HOLD YOUR POSTS TILL AFTER THE NEXT POST PLEASE

It will make responding to you easier.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #24423 on: May 16, 2014, 03:30:17 pm »

Killed many sods (at least 1 squad) with my red plasma beam.
Killed many flying sods (at least half a squad) with mining laser and green shotgun.
Damaged 2 battlesuits with my red plasma beam.
Destroyed a killbot insertion pod mid flight, before it had a chance to deploy.
Received moderate friendly fire damage from artillery but kept fighting.
Persuaded the bridge crew to surrender.
Tried to sneak my way into the bridge but failed.

Missed me.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24424 on: May 16, 2014, 05:43:40 pm »

Killed many sods (at least 1 squad) with my red plasma beam.
Killed many flying sods (at least half a squad) with mining laser and green shotgun.
Damaged 2 battlesuits with my red plasma beam.
Destroyed a killbot insertion pod mid flight, before it had a chance to deploy.
Received moderate friendly fire damage from artillery but kept fighting.
Persuaded the bridge crew to surrender.
Tried to sneak my way into the bridge but failed.

Missed me.
lets go 7 tokens.

>Alright. Good to see most of you back home and in mostly the same amount of pieces. Before anyone asks, I've uploaded a virtual simulation of the battle to the VR machines. For the sake of expediency we'll leave in depth discussions about the battle till a later date. I'd prefer to press our advantage as much as possible, after all. In general though:

The hologlobe activates behind steve, displaying a pair of somewhat clustered lines of dots. And by somewhat clustered, that is to say that they're closer to each other then their opponents, but are still scattered in a seemingly random configuration across what must be hundreds of miles of space. A cluster of smaller dots comes in from behind the dots on the right a moment later.

>These ships here, the smaller ones, are the ships created on this planet. These larger ones are the ones you took. The battle was, for the most part, very straight forward. No fancy maneuvering or anything on the part of the larger ships, though the ones you all made did get their fair share of flying about.  We start here, at the point once the ships have been taken.

The simulation advances quite quickly for a moment as the large ships turn and the smaller ones zoom in like flies, jerking about around the enemy ships.

> Here we used the smaller ships as a decoy, harassing and distracting the enemy ships while the ones you took turned and took aim. This is basically what they did for the rest of the fight as well; their offensive capability was too limited to provide much more then specific strikes and pestering. The one exception to that being the black death which actually managed to deal a crippling amount of damage to this larger ship here.

He points to one of the large blips on the map

>It took several shots and then finally physically ramming the ship into it, but this one little ship managed to incapacitate one of their larger ones. Good work Anton. Now then, this is our first volley here, then their smaller ships fire, then their larger ones do. This shot here,

He traces a line from an enemy ship to one of the allied ones, Is the one that killed Gamma. From there, another volley took place before the Hammer was dropped, so to speak. The shell came in through here, fragmented as planned, and;

The projection shows a wall of cosmic buckshot pepper the enemy ships.

Boom. At this point, several are either disabled or at least badly damaged. The next salvo or two results in major damage to most of our ships. especially Alpha ship here.  It was near the end that the automanip on this ship here was damaged. By this point many of you were already evac'd or in the process, so I just drove it forward toward them. When the manip did overload, it resulted in most of the mass of this ship being projected forward along this line,

He shows a violently oscillating line that, after jerking around randomly, clips one of the enemy blips.

and the results are probably exactly what you'd expect when the shell of a ship with a mass in the millions of tons hits something else at a small fraction of c.

The image shows a rather large explosion engulfing the enemy side.

The surviving ships aren't moving, so we're thinking something killed the crew inside, even if the blast didn't destroy the ship. Maybe extremely high powered radioactive discharge. Can't say for sure. The important part is that it looks like we're not gonna have to worry about them.

"Ask Steve if he recovered any comm data logs from the ships and if he knows what comms they sent out. Ask if he can hazard a guess about what our enemy knows now and what they'll try to do."

Thats a weird way to ask a question. I can't tell you what they said or even if they sent anything because they use quantum entanglement, remember. I can, however, tell you that the ships we took sounded rather nervous when speaking to each other and the other ships. They were surprised by the organized response and were saying that a call had to be made to get the info out. Chances are that they did so, and that our element of surprise isn't around any longer.

"Anton would like to see a detailed AAR of the space battle during the debrief, and a general appraisal of the combat effectiveness of the ships he designed, so he can do better next time."

Is it a thing to talk in the third person now? Is the oxygen saturation too low in here right now? Anyways, you can get exact data from the VR, but in terms of design I'd say the Black death did best. Of course, considering it was the only one armed with a weapon substantial enough to deal damage to the ships, it's kind of a biased assessment. They were not designed to fight warships, after all.

"I'd like to know if we saved any of the ships for ourselves"

Oh good, someone's still sane. Well, saved is subjective, but there are several wrecks that are perfectly salvageable.

"Secondly, Steve's general appraisal of the battle, and what he thinks we should've done better. And maybe a review on how our sods did, and whether we'll get to take any with us."

Well so much for that. I'd give it a b-. Had flaws, had bad luck, had failures, but it was over all successful. Can't ask for much more, in the end. Personally, only thing I can say you should work on his being more careful about how you spread out the skills and power amongst the groups. Try to keep yourselves balanced. You did it pretty well this time, but there's always room for improvement.  The sods, under direct control, seemed to handle just fine. As per taking some with you, a few 4 man squads would be fine, for back up.

Any more questions? Ask them now, because if not I'm letting you guys go do anything you need to do real quick because we're taking off soon. Wanna let Simus get on with her work. Oh, that reminds me, who is staying with simus?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24425 on: May 16, 2014, 05:46:34 pm »

((So what's going on with the space sheep? I guess my post got missed?))

Jason only blinks more as he sees the walls melt around him. You'd think his eyelids would be tired at some point. He listens to the sheep and remains silent for a few moments, as though processing everything."So, physically, I'm still in that hallway, but mentally I'm inside my own head? Is this some sort of vision quest or something similar?" He asks the sheep. He tries to imagine a spherical grid with him at the center point so he can try to get a frame of reference on the point at 17.3 degrees, 18th radian. "I think I can use that as a point of reference. Hopefully it will keep me from being lost in my mind or wherever I am. Although all this empty space looks pretty similar. What else should I remember?" He asks the sheep after attempting to memorize that point at 17.3 degrees, 18th radian.

Remember 17.3 degrees, 18th radian as a reference point. Listen to the sheep.

((Edited it in. Hope it is noticed this time.))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 08:03:57 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24426 on: May 16, 2014, 05:51:38 pm »

I've got nothing you'd let me do or give a good answer to, so no. However, I know someone who might give me some answers...

Xan has no further questions.
Did we all level up then, or only those who survived, or what?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24427 on: May 16, 2014, 05:51:50 pm »

"I'm still sane! And I'm staying with Simus, too! Which reminds me..."

Grate goes over to Miyamoto.

"Remember the pill machine? Can I have it back before you guys leave? Please?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #24428 on: May 16, 2014, 05:52:16 pm »

As Steve finishes with the debrief and asks who's staying, the newly-resynthed Simus pipes up:

If my memory serves correctly, that would be Anton, Grate, and Charles who've confirmed their stay. Saint and Joseph haven't decided.

Now's the time, you two. I'm taking no response to mean that you're not staying.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #24429 on: May 16, 2014, 05:59:57 pm »

Saint idly opened and closed the cup holder on his new robotic thigh as he listened.  After Steve asked who was staying, his emoticon changed to a smile, and he said "I have decided to stay on Hephaestus;  in light of my recent luck on missions, I think it is a more appropriate posting for me."

Saint then moved to stand near Simus, and changed his emoticon back to a neutral expression.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24430 on: May 16, 2014, 06:06:03 pm »

Magilla has no further questions.
If he can, he goes to Nyars and buys a small box with a Golden Heptagon on it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24431 on: May 16, 2014, 06:06:59 pm »

"What are we gonna do with the captured bridge crew my team brought back?"

((Also, how many UWM personnel were on that bridge?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24432 on: May 16, 2014, 06:14:47 pm »

"Can I keep these cutting lasers that I salvaged from the boarding pod? What about this rocket launcher I found on a dead sod?"

Ask Steve if I can keep my loot.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24433 on: May 16, 2014, 07:03:32 pm »

Saint idly opened and closed the cup holder on his new robotic thigh as he listened.
"...Why do you have that thing sticking out of your leg?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #24434 on: May 16, 2014, 07:08:09 pm »

Saint leans over and whispers to Grate "Came with the body.  I don't know why the engineers designed it with a cup holder, but they did.  It's small, and practically unnoticeable when folded, so I'm fine with it."
Pages: 1 ... 1627 1628 [1629] 1630 1631 ... 2101