_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1607 1608 [1609] 1610 1611 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5822275 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #24120 on: April 03, 2014, 06:44:55 pm »

"uh.. Sure" Vincent puts the dead body over his shoulder if he can, otherwise he just drags it to the stasis pods in the barracks
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24121 on: April 04, 2014, 02:23:44 am »

>Eagerly await my tasty pizza!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24122 on: April 04, 2014, 02:26:46 am »

Just a heads up, there's always the chance that one of these shells might hit a team already in there. Thats a possibility. Also, hitting one of those ships is gonna be a bit harder now that they've pulled back, so there's a higher chance of failure.

Failure in the sense that someone falling off a 12 story building and landing head first on an upturned crowbar.

So...I dunno bro, you still wanna do it? Because there's always the chance you might hit some team. I dunno bro. You want their hypothetical blood on your big synthy hands.

Wait, so if we aim for an unboarded ship, there's not only a chance at missing that ship and hitting another, but actually hitting a team on that ship? Cause I feel I didn't make clear enough, but I'm aiming for a ship that we haven't boarded yet. So, do the odds change in that case?

If not, would it be allowed for Miya to start dicking around in VR, or should I wait till the mission ends?

Question above.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24123 on: April 04, 2014, 02:27:18 am »

Let's just assume Jim is going to keep watching that channel.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24124 on: April 04, 2014, 02:30:36 am »

Go meet Jim

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24125 on: April 04, 2014, 11:29:30 am »

Turn in the Mk II, the grenades pack and the MFM at the armory kiosk. Count the tokens I have on hand.

Ask the Armory Master for a bottle of Xeno Spit, a bottle of HMRC Standart and the painting supplies.

The battle is over, me not playing any role in it whatsoever... Time for rest and recollection.
Are you sure you wanna sell your MK II and such? I mean, just because you're not fighting now doesn't mean you won't have missions in the future.

Ask that shady guy whether all boxes of one size are the same, or if they have other quallities to tell them apart. (Because using meta knowledge to just buy a medium red box with a heptagon and a vertical line would be bad.)
He tells you about how the markings differentiate them (For stuff like this, I don't care about the use of meta knowledge, so don't feel you're required to somehow get the knowledge in character.

"uh.. Sure" Vincent puts the dead body over his shoulder if he can, otherwise he just drags it to the stasis pods in the barracks
You drag the body off to the stasis pods and sort of haphazardly stuff him into one and repeatedly slam the lid till it closes. Yeah. That's the ticket. Alright, thats handled, now what?

>Eagerly await my tasty pizza!
Did you ever actually order it? Because I doubt you have the cash on you.

Just a heads up, there's always the chance that one of these shells might hit a team already in there. Thats a possibility. Also, hitting one of those ships is gonna be a bit harder now that they've pulled back, so there's a higher chance of failure.

Failure in the sense that someone falling off a 12 story building and landing head first on an upturned crowbar.

So...I dunno bro, you still wanna do it? Because there's always the chance you might hit some team. I dunno bro. You want their hypothetical blood on your big synthy hands.

Wait, so if we aim for an unboarded ship, there's not only a chance at missing that ship and hitting another, but actually hitting a team on that ship? Cause I feel I didn't make clear enough, but I'm aiming for a ship that we haven't boarded yet. So, do the odds change in that case?

If not, would it be allowed for Miya to start dicking around in VR, or should I wait till the mission ends?

Question above.

Well, basically, there would be a chance that it could hit one of the occupied ships because it misses the target. This isn't a D6 roll, the chances are less then 1/6, but still a chance. And then, if that happens, there's a chance it will hit the team in there.  Admittedly hitting them with a shell is very unlikely, but I'm bringing it up since getting hit by one of these shells is basically just gonna permakill them flat out. I figured the possibility of permakilling up to 4 people with a button press warranted a special warning.

Let's just assume Jim is going to keep watching that channel.
Coming up next: Blast Hardcheese in Galaxy Revolt.

Go meet Jim
You go join Jim on the couch.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24126 on: April 04, 2014, 11:35:42 am »

[Nyars] tells you about how the markings differentiate them.
Hey, can we get a more detailed version of what he said?

Well, basically, there would be a chance that it could hit one of the occupied ships because it misses the target.
[/quote]
The UWM flies its ships way too close together.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24127 on: April 04, 2014, 11:37:24 am »

We should be lucky we didn't outright miss a ship and just have a team flying off into SPAAAAAAAAAAACE.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24128 on: April 04, 2014, 12:08:08 pm »

Well, basically, there would be a chance that it could hit one of the occupied ships because it misses the target. This isn't a D6 roll, the chances are less then 1/6, but still a chance. And then, if that happens, there's a chance it will hit the team in there.  Admittedly hitting them with a shell is very unlikely, but I'm bringing it up since getting hit by one of these shells is basically just gonna permakill them flat out. I figured the possibility of permakilling up to 4 people with a button press warranted a special warning.

Aha, thanks for the clarification. If there isn't a team that's in really big trouble, I'm gonna refrain from giving the RNG the chance to screw with me. So yeah, VR for me it is.

Go into VR, check if my Avatar heavy laser has any hidden or special features.
Especially check if there's a dial to choose diffusion and power level.

If not, how much would it cost to have that implemented? I'd basically like to have three modes at least: regular (the way it is now), small diffusion high intensity (for lon range) and high diffusion low intensity (power level somewhere between laser rifle and cutting laser, kinda like a more powerful HEP. For when slicing multiple buildings isn't desirable).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:10:16 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24129 on: April 04, 2014, 12:19:39 pm »

Buy a medium red box with a heptagon and a vertical line on it. Then open it and see what I got.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24130 on: April 04, 2014, 12:28:00 pm »

We should be lucky we didn't outright miss a ship and just have a team flying off into SPAAAAAAAAAAACE.
What's the chance we reached escape velocity? ...Of the star?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24131 on: April 04, 2014, 01:08:51 pm »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24132 on: April 04, 2014, 02:10:13 pm »

Did you ever actually order it? Because I doubt you have the cash on you.

Ehh, I figured I'd just wait for it to get here and then COMMANDEER IT IN THE NAME OF THE GLORIOUS REVOLUTION
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24133 on: April 04, 2014, 02:11:11 pm »

((You never ordered it though.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24134 on: April 04, 2014, 02:48:22 pm »

Jim put two arms around Feyri's shoulder. "Hey," he said back, giving her a gentle squeeze.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 1607 1608 [1609] 1610 1611 ... 2101