_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1583 1584 [1585] 1586 1587 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932621 times)

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #23760 on: February 11, 2014, 06:08:56 pm »

MGAXT-85674/FR blinked at the response struggling to hold posture whilst dealing with the information overload of trying to scan the environment whilst memory flooded back as conscious thought began to percolate through automated reflexes. How long had he  Dismissal  been in stasis.... why was he Reintegration Failure still alive? Who Phoenix Reapers was the voice? Whose Last Stand, All Dead command was he Trial: Traitor to the UWM, Terrorist under? Who the hell was Cortana?
Sentenced to the HMRC... HMRC...

Sir!
HMRC? You are in command? or in charge of new recruit processing?
No known ID matching Cortana.
Sir!

Salute, say the above, try to cope with influx of memory
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:13:05 pm by Phoenix Flame »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23761 on: February 11, 2014, 07:01:59 pm »

Buy impact jel inserts if i can afford them. Ask for pricing on all particle accumulator variants.

((No ideas, i was just hoping you had something like an electrically powered kinetic shunt with no redirect function on your list of hidden goodies.))
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 07:04:39 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23762 on: February 11, 2014, 09:28:49 pm »

Dominika looked around the room. Two other people had been there. And Dominika was still- Ugh. Nope, no no no, Dominika was plenty happy to get out of this situation as fast as possible.
Put on clothes ASAP, get out of the stasis pod area.
"Wait... where the... where the hell am I? HMRC, right...?"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23763 on: February 11, 2014, 09:48:36 pm »

Indirect fire ruled out.
Try again. 1337. Try to actually hit something this time. Try not to hit a teammate.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:31:41 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23764 on: February 11, 2014, 10:30:58 pm »

Go help Harry's char with his shenanigans.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23765 on: February 11, 2014, 11:23:28 pm »

Try again. 1337. Try to actually hit something this time.
((Might want to specify to not aim at a teammate. Just saying.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23766 on: February 12, 2014, 03:24:11 am »

Anton, still in VR, sends a message to General Miyamoto.

"Greetings, General. I have to say that feels weird to say it out loud.

I'd like to request your telepresence here in our VR session, because I have here a ship with great tactical-technical characteristics, but with a significant cost attached and of questionable strategical value given its purpose.

The ship in question is the Black Death,
" Anton makes the ship appear beside him in the session. "And it's intended to literally sit the entire battle out until something appears that we need to destroy and either don't have the firepower for, or can't react to in time.

The ship is basically a flying plasma cannon. All of the unnecessary hardware is stripped, there is space for the pilot and his life support, but besides that it's all engines and cannon. It can reach anywhere on the planet in about half an hour, give or take, and anywhere in orbit in less than that because it doesn't need to slow down to fire. The power of the cannon is such that it can shoot down small capital ships that don't have point defense good enough to hit the Black Death before it fires, and it can pummel Avatars of War into dust. But it only carries six shots per flight. It's an emergency interceptor, pure and simple, it's not meant to stay and fight - just get where it needs to be, destroy the target, and hopefully get back to resupply.

And therein lies the problem. It's a ship not meant to fight so much as wait for something bad enough to happen. I keep comparing it to a fire extinguisher - it's like something you spend time and money to acquire, and then hang it on the wall and hope never to have to use it. The question is, should we even have it? We can save a good amount of resources by just leaving it as-is until after the battle, and spend them on strengthening regular defenses.

Since you're the general, Miyamoto, I think you're the one most qualified to say whether we go ahead with it or not.

And as a smaller note, there are two regular ships here that I wanted to equip with a pair of cutting lasers each, in case they need to act as close air support. Whether or not we need those weapons is a good strategic question too.
"

((Requesting projected RU savings for not converting the Blackship-too into the Black Death, and exactly how much RU will the four Cutting Laser turrets for the two regular shuttles cost))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23767 on: February 12, 2014, 07:56:11 am »

'Well. Not... exactly what I'd expected, from what I'd heard of my father. Oh well, at least it's still standing,' Jobasio thinks to himself, before bookmarking the page and leaving the computer, slinging Whig back over his shoulder as he walks off.

>Leave the computer, leave the ship, and go visit the poor bastards we're liberating.

>Inspect the state of affairs on-planet and explore and stuff. In mah uniform.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23768 on: February 12, 2014, 09:32:58 am »

After a brief stay at the barracks in order to get his equipment checked and make sure nothing is missing, Milno sends a message through his wristpad:
Quote from: Milno to Skylar
What are your talents aside from preventing aerial disasters? Any good with a weapon?

Milno sends the message and goes on to check how much it would cost to apply that self-sealing gel/something to his rocket pods in order to instantly seal leaks and prevent explosions.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #23769 on: February 12, 2014, 10:30:25 am »

"So the coma is not just a control mechanism. Yeah, ghost ships. I've seen what goes into creating them. It's... it's not something we can even fake, right? At least not without serious risk of harming those involved."

Expect to get shocked.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23770 on: February 12, 2014, 10:33:56 am »

Go help Harry's char with his shenanigans.

"Why, hello there! Who might you be, sir?" Stacy asks when he notices a man following him around.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23771 on: February 12, 2014, 11:38:46 am »

Wander around a bit. Try not to puke on people with guns
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23772 on: February 12, 2014, 03:14:54 pm »

Anton, still in VR, sends a message to General Miyamoto.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do the teleconferencing with the people in the room about the things.

Quote from: Message back
You think it's weird? Try actually being called 'Glorious Leader' and keeping a straight face. I swear, I don't know whether some people are idolizing or mocking me sometimes. Cheeky bastards.

Anyways, I'd first like to ask you to wire those ships up so they're remote radio controlled by Steve, like with the shuttles. Frees up manpower, and I doubt he'll notice the work.

You are right however, having an emergency 'kill button' could come in handy, though the price is rather high for what it does. Nevertheless, if you have tested it and it works as it should, you have my blessing for it.

I'd definitely say yes to the cutting laser ships, air support is always a good thing to have. In fact, if it comes down to it, I would give them precedence over the Blackship. That one is very situational, while those two have a broader use.

((Quick note: normally, I'd argue that a guided ICBM (or just giving the ship a few nukes instead of complicated plasma weapons) would do the same thing that ship could do, and probably cheaper to, but in the interest of finally getting to mission start I'd say we just roll with it and see how it goes. After all, all the people who don't care for this kind of strategising have been sitting on their thumbs for weeks now, I think we owe it to them to wrap this up.

If you have to do away with some things to free up a little bit RU, I'd say you should cut down on the blackship stuff. Maybe only let it have 4 shots or something. If that ain't possible and you have to scrap the whole ship as a whole, I'll just put any remaining RU as mines.))

After a brief stay at the barracks in order to get his equipment checked and make sure nothing is missing, Milno sends a message through his wristpad:
Quote from: Milno to Skylar
What are your talents aside from preventing aerial disasters? Any good with a weapon?

Milno sends the message and goes on to check how much it would cost to apply that self-sealing gel/something to his rocket pods in order to instantly seal leaks and prevent explosions.
((I do believe all the shuttles will be piloted by Steve, so no player pilots needed.))
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 03:17:22 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23773 on: February 12, 2014, 03:25:56 pm »

<snip>
If you have to do away with some things to free up a little bit RU, I'd say you should cut down on the blackship stuff. Maybe only let it have 4 shots or something. If that ain't possible and you have to scrap the whole ship as a whole, I'll just put any remaining RU as mines.))
((Good point, actually.
In addition to the RU savings for not doing the Black Death thing at all, requesting a check of how much can be saved by switching to a Laser cannon, and/or by reducing the amount of shots carried. If doing that alone brings the cost down enough to stay within the overall budget, let it be that way.

Also Nukes are great and all, but unless I misremember, an Avatar is built to survive a Megaton blast point-blank. More direct attacks, especially with plasma, are just much more concentrated and effective.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23774 on: February 12, 2014, 03:29:16 pm »

"metal basketballs of doom, didn't see that one coming."

Rest my brain a bit, then go to the next test. If this was the last test, rejoice.
Pages: 1 ... 1583 1584 [1585] 1586 1587 ... 2101